Proving A Point

By KaylaSue321

Erika Mayfair is the cheerleading captain at her high school. She isn't your average preppy girl though, she'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Five

605 17 0
By KaylaSue321

Hello my beautiful readers! Sooooo whatcha think? I love their playful relationship that they are growing! Here is your update!
———————————-

"I'm never going to find a decent dress! Seriously why did Matt have to pick purple?!" Chelsea groaned as she shifted through a rack of dresses.

"Oh don't be dramatic Chelsea I'm sure there is something you like." Her mom Regina smiled genuinely from a distance searching through racks helping her.

"Honey have you found anything?" My mom asked as she walked up to me with at least five red dresses thrown over her arm. I was more than grateful that Regina suggested offering the invitation to my mom. I needed her in my life as much as I could have her.

"I've found these two I really like. Looks like you found a lot!" I gushed excited to try them all on.

I grabbed a few purple dresses and Chelsea's hand and led us to the fitting room to try the dresses on.

"I'm telling you none of these are going to work!" She pointed her finger at me like a dagger.

"You can't just look at them on the hanger, you have to try them on! You would be surprised at how the image of the dress changes on your body." I told her as we each went into our own dressing room and our moms waited outside giving us privacy.

"I'm still shocked you lunged at Maria not that she didn't have it coming." Chelsea laughed from her fitting room. I stripped down to my under wear and bra and took the first dress off of its hanger and stepped into it.

"Is it weird that I got that jealous even at the thought of the two of them together? I mean Dakota and I aren't even a couple." I asked as I tried to figured out the straps on the dress.

"Hell no! I would have done the same exact thing. You and Dakota are practically a couple. Y'all are together all the time after school, you have three classes together, he cares about you. Anyone with eyes can see that." She reassured me. We both walked out and laughed once we seen each other in the dresses we had on, they were that bad.

"You look like your grandma in that dress!" I threw my head back laughing as I teased my bestfriend who was now shooting me daggers.

"Hey don't you dare insult my mimi! Even she wouldn't wear this shit." Chelsea twirled in the dress before we went back into our dressing rooms and tried on the next dresses.

I hung up the first dress and took the second off of the hooks skeptical why I grabbed it in the first place. I stepped into it and adjusted it once it was on my body. It was floor length and made of silk. There was a slit that went to mid thigh and there were cutouts on each side revealing some of my midsection. It was revealing but not too much. It highlighted my features and made me feel confident and pretty.

"Oh my gosh I can't even get this dress over my thighs!" Chelsea swore under her breath, the sound of fabric ripping sounded from her fitting room.

"Fuck!" She cursed and I could hear her changing into a different dress.

"Did you just rip that dress?" I asked as I looked myself over once more before I walked out of my dressing room.

"Oh just a little tear nothing noticeable." She blew it off like it was nothing. She came out and her eyes widened once she saw me.

"Holy shit!" Her jaw hit the floor. She had on a violet purple strapless knee length dress. The top was made of lace and the bottom was solid. It was absolutely breathtaking and looking amazing on her but this chick could rock a trash bag.

"Chels you look stunning!" I gushed and grabbed her hand and turned her around in a complete circle getting a good look of the dress from all angles.

"Me? You look like a fucking model! Please tell me you're getting that dress!" She begged with hope in her eyes.

"I want to see what our moms think first but I'm leaning towards yes." We walked out of the dressing room area to where our moms were sitting and talking amongst themselves, their heads snapped up when they heard us coming.

"Oh you two look beautiful!" Regina jumped up and made her way over to us and looked us up and down.

"I can't believe you two are seniors. It feels like just yesterday you two were five years old now you're eighteen and seniors in high school. Our babies grew up too fast. You both look incredible!" My mom cried tears brimming in her eyes threatening to fall over.

We both decided to get the dresses that we had on. I was growing more and more excited for homecoming now. I was anxious to see Dakotas reaction to me in this dress, red is his favorite color after all.

Our moms paid for our dresses and we decided to get lunch after.

"Dakota is going to lose it when he seems you in that dress." She leaned and whispered in my ear as we walked around the food court trying to find something to eat.

"I hope he likes it."

"Oh he is going to love it!"

We got Chinese food and sat with our moms and had mindless small talk.

"What are your plans for the rest of the day?" Chelsea asked taking a sip of her drink.

"I'm meeting up with Dakota at the library to work on that damn chemistry project."

"Okay good. I'm meeting Jeremy there too.
So it won't be so awkward." Her tone was laced with thankfulness. She was dreading going but I was looking forward to it. I will take spending any time with Dakota even if that means doing bullshit projects.

We bid goodbye to our moms and rushed to the library to meet up with our partners to work on our projects. We walked into the library and Chelsea sat at the computers with Jeremy. I sat my stuff down at one of the tables and pulled out my laptop and then made my way over to the shelves of books searching for one relating to our project. I pulled one off the shelf and then sat down by my laptop. I researched and took notes from the computer and from the book. I looked at my phone realizing it was already an hour after Dakota and I agreed to meet.

'Where are you?' I typed into my messages and hit send. I opened Microsoft PowerPoint and started to work on a slideshow which was the next part of our project. Another half an hour went by, still no word from him, so I called him which of course he didn't answer.

"How's it going over here?" Chelsea asked as she walked up to my table.

"Would have been better if my partner actually showed up or had the decency to call." I snapped venomously irritation clear in my voice.

"Look I'm sorry I don't mean to take it out on you. I'm just frustrated. I'm going to go ahead and go. Will you be okay?" I gathered up all of my stuff and shoved it into my backpack.

"Oh yeah I'll be okay. Here take my car. I'll have Matt pick me up from here." Chelsea reached into her pocket and tossed me her car keys and then went back to her chair. I turned on my heal and started to walk out the door but someone else was coming in as I was going out so the door hit me knocking me flat on my ass. I looked up and seen Dakota standing there with his eyes wide.

"Oh shit Barbie are you okay?" He crouched down tying to help me up but I slapped hands away.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped, annoyance flooded my veins.

"Whoa what's up with you?" He asked leaning back from my burning gaze.

"What's up with me? I've been sitting here going on two hours doing OUR project and you didn't even have the decency to call or text me that you couldn't make it." I snapped and pushed myself up off of the ground.

"I'm sorry I got into it again with my dad and that took a lot longer than I care for." He sighed and rubbed his temples in frustration.

"A simple text to let me know would have been nice. I've done all the research and started the PowerPoint but you can finish it." I reached into my bag and pulled out the paper where I wrote all of the research on and shoved it into his hands.

"Are you leaving?" He asked with an arched eyebrow, his tone was almost defeated and I didn't have the heart to especially after he fought with his dad.

"No." I turned back around and sat my stuff on the same table I was working at earlier. I sat down and propped my feet up on the table crossing one of my ankles over the other. Dakota came and sat down at the table and pulled out his laptop and a pen.

"So where is the PowerPoint?" He asked sighing in defeat he looked exhausted and for a minute I felt bad for him but I wasn't going to give in that fast. He should have at least texted me so I would have known he would be late if he showed up at all.

"Check your email." I answered as I pulled out a Nicholas Sparks book from my bag and started to read it. He quietly went drumming away on his keyboard.

"So you're just going to sit there and be quiet?" He asked looking up at me his eyes burning holes into the side of my face.

"I'm mad at you." I blurted, surprised by my tone, my mouth moved before my brain could even think.

"I know. I'm sorry." He mumbled sadly.

"You're going to have to make it up to me." I warned him, looking up from my book.

"I've got the perfect way! Friday night after the game. I'll bring you to school so you won't have to come back for your car." His face lit up like the Fourth of July and if I said I wasn't curious on how he planned on making up his tardiness to me, well I'd be lying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Cold By fabspen

Teen Fiction

13.6K 291 41
Occasional good girl with a short tempter and a love for sports, Samantha Maxwell was devoted to making her senior year count. Gossiping was never he...
303 37 19
It's been 3 years since Ava Clarkson shifted towns. Starting her new life she decided to put the past behind her and live a ordinary life but will th...
405K 13K 37
Emma is the quiet, clumsy nerd that keeps to herself and is invisible to everyone but her quirky best friend Stella. Even her alcoholic father and br...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...