Whisper

Від BillTemple1957

Will Templeton built his dream home in the tiny Newfoundland outport of Maynard's Rock, a community of just 2... Більше

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83

78

9 5 0
Від BillTemple1957

Bobby did have the perfect idea.

He suggested that we find a blind priest or minister to perform the ceremony, at our house.

Since neither Evangeline or myself were really religious, we decided that perhaps we should find a blind Justice of the Peace or maybe a Judge.

.

We thought we would have a hard time finding one, but it was easier than we expected.

Actually the first phone call Bobby made, met with success.

There just happened to be a blind Judge, in Deer Lake, who agreed to do the ceremony for us. He was retiring at the end of the year, but he agreed, happily, to help us out.

.

So on November 1, 2001, Evangeline and I were married, in a very private ceremony in our living room.

The Judge's assistant, who escorted the Judge, agreed to wait in our kitchen until after the ceremony was over and then he would take some pictures for us.

.

Bobby and Jessie stood for us and Evangeline and I exchanged our vows in front of our living room window, with the first snowfall of the year, lazily falling in the background.

It was a perfect setting, for a perfect moment.

.

Whisper proudly stood between us and held our wedding rings.

.

The short ceremony was perfect and the fact that the people we loved more than anyone in the world were there, made it all the more perfect.

.

After the ceremony, we had pictures taken and the Judge and his assistant shared a drink with us and they were on their way.

Bobby and Jessie stayed with us for several more hours and we ate a variety of appetizers and salads and such that we had picked up just for the occasion.

.

"So, where are you two going for your honeymoon?"

.

Evangeline shook her head.

"We are not going anywhere right now."

.

"Why not?" Jessie cracked.

"Don't you want to have some fun before you get too fat to do so?"

.

Evangeline sneered at her.

"Aren't you a funny one."

.

I spoke up, laughing slightly, although it quickly went away when Evangeline glared at me.

"We decided that we will wait to go anywhere. Neither of us are really that interested in going anywhere right now."

.

Evangeline continued.

"We love it here and we have everything we need right here and besides, we don't want to leave Whisper alone."

.

"Can't she go with you?" Bobby wondered.

.

I nodded.

"She could, but seriously, we are just happy to stay here, in front of the fireplace and enjoy a beautiful winter."

.

Jessie was nodding.

"Yea. Its official. You two are insane."

.

"Really," I snickered.

"And what do you two plan to do this winter?"

.

Jessie laughed.

"Enjoy our new home. What else?"

.

"I rest my case," I laughed.

.

Jessie raised her glass.

"Touche."

.

"Seriously Jess," Evangeline said.

"I just want to relax."

.

Bobby laughed.

"Don't think that is gonna happen."

.

"Why not?"

.

"John and some of the others are planning a huge party for you two newlyweds."

.

I was confused. We had not told anyone that we were getting married.

"And just how did John know about the wedding?"

.

Jessie was shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

"You have to remember a couple things about my beautiful husband.

He is the most loving and giving man you could ever meet, but ...

and I reiterate ...

but,

don't ever tell him anything you want kept secret."

.

Bobby shrugged.

"I didn't know the wedding was a secret.

I mean, people knew you got engaged."

.

Jessie continued the story.

"In my husband's defence, it really was not his fault. John and Cora were questioning him about your engagement and they said they would like to have an engagement party ...

after all, you know how they love to part here.

Anyway, Bobby told them there wasn't time for the party because you were soon getting married, so they asked when,

he told them,

and now ...."

Jessie took a deep breath and finished her drink.

"They have a huge party planned for you guys this coming Saturday night."

.

Bobby smiled.

"Sorry."

.

Both Evangeline and I were laughing.

We so loved these people.

.

"Its okay," Evangeline assured them.

"We were going to tell everyone anyway and we were going to have a winter barbecue, but this works out even better."

.

I agreed.

"We will just pick up what we planned to pick up and bring it to the party."

.

Jessie laughed.

"I don't think so Will. They will not let you bring a single thing.

After everything you have done for this community. Especially lately, since you paid for the extension to the General Store and the Motel."

.

"And the building of the outdoor stage at the Park," Bobby continued.

He shook his head.

"They are not gonna let you pay for a single thing."

.

Jessie sat forward and filled her wine glass.

"Why do you do it, Will?"

.

"Do what?"

.

"Everything."

.

"This is my home," I answered.

"The people here are like family to me."

.

"But no one else does what you do."

.

I shrugged.

"I can afford to. And the people here are not ..."

I searched for the right words.

.

Evangeline found them.

"They don't expect. They never ask and they are always willing to help.

It is an amazing place to live."

.

Jessie sat back, nodding.

"It is a great place to live."

She stared at me.

"You are an amazing man, Will Templeton. I have never met anyone like you."

.

I let out a long sigh.

"That is a good thing. Wouldn't want there to be another me out there."

I was trying to make light of a situation that was beginning to become a little uncomfortable.

.

"My husband is a giving man. That is one of the many reasons why I love him, so much."

Evangeline turned and kissed me.

"I can't even find words to describe how I feel about him."

.

"Well," Bobby finally spoke up.

"I don't give a shit about Will's money or his giving nature. What I like about him is he is just an honest man. There is no bullshit with him. And I like spending time with him.

He is my best friend ...

after my beautiful wife of course.

And that is all that matters."

.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Enough of this.

Bottom line. I am the way I am and I will not change.

I have two amazing friends and a beautiful wife and ..."

I looked around the room. Whisper had disappeared again.

"And I have a daughter that I love very much."

I rubbed Evangeline's belly.

"And soon, I will have another beautiful child."

.

I called to Whisper several times, in my mind, but there was no answer.

I was a little concerned, but I had to keep it to myself, for now.

.

We had not told Bobby or Jessie about the situation with Whisper, so as far as they were aware, nothing had changed.

Whisper was still here and always would be.

.

We spent the rest of the night playing darts in the rec-room and listening to music.

.

The following Saturday night, the village did hold a huge party at the Dove Family Community Hall and everyone in the village made an appearance.

It was a wonderful time and it was perfect for Evangeline, as all those she had yet to meet, were there to meet her.

.

The village officially renamed the park as the Templeton Provincial Park and Evangeline and I were given a beautiful plaque to adorn our living room wall.

.

Whisper was at the party as well and she was having a blast.

She was so much like her mischievous self, that I almost convinced myself that all was going to be okay and that she would be with us forever.

.

I couldn't have been further from reality.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

The Ghost Keeper Від Vanessa_M

Паранормальні явища

87 1 17
Ellis Hans, Elizabeth Manor and Toby Azur are ghosts trapped in a little town called Vancouver Beacon along with the rest of the townsfolk. Their on...
623 38 2
Kellin recently moved into an old house that was infamous of being haunted and possessed by the ghost of a man that passed away almost a decade ago...
Lurking In The Shadows Від OnlyMeSorryNotSorry2

Детективи / Трилер

190 26 19
When 17-year-old Rebecca, moved in with her mom's new husband, she has found out some things that should have just remain hidden. Follow Rebecca stor...