51

Bobby picked up his guitar and tried to strum a few chords.

"What is with all the instruments?"

He looked at me puzzled. "This one is like all the rest. Every single one is out of tune. Every night is the same thing."

.

Jessie started tuning her bass.

"This one is out, again, too."

.

I shook my head. "I don't know unless it's the humidity in here, or the dryness."

.

Jessie gave me a weird look. "We are in a sound proof, climate controlled environment. There is no humidity, no dryness. It is a perfect temperature.

If I didn't know any better, I would say that someone is deliberately putting all the instruments out of tune."

She glared at me.

.

"Oh right," I defended myself.

"That is just what I do. Come down here before we start playing, just so I can put all the instruments out of tune."

.

I heard Whisper giggle. She was sitting on top of an amplifier in the far corner.

'Whisper?'

.

"Sorry Daddy."

.

I shook my head and finished tuning my guitar.

.

"What were you looking at Will?"

.

I turned to Jessie.

"Sorry?"

.

"You looked over in the corner.

What were you looking at?"

She reminded me that there was only an amplifier there.

.

I shook my head.

"Oh, just thinking. That dumb look on my face is me thinking."

.

"You have been thinking a lot lately, it seems."

.

Bobby gave Jessie a high five.

"Good one, hun."

.

"You guys are so funny."

.

Since February rolled in, the three of us got together a couple times a week, or more, to hang around my recording studio, playing songs, writing some original material and even doing a little recording.

This particular night, we were going over our playlist. We were playing a birthday party at the Dove Family Community Center on Saturday night, so we decided to have a quick run through our songs.

And I wanted to make sure that the drum and percussion backups were all properly timed.

.

Whisper loved sitting around the recording studio, while we were there, but for some reason, she had gotten into the habit of playing with the strings on the instruments, when she was alone in the studio.

.

"They make a funny sound, if I pluck the strings and turn the little knobby thing on the top."