The Spark of Hope

By DerpZachary

Beacon has fallen, Grimm surround it. Team RWBY separated. Ruby now leaves her home with the remnants of team... More

Prologue
Mystogen's Bio
Chapter 1 -On The Road-
Author's Note 1
Chapter 2 -The Journey To Mistral-
Author's Note 2
Chapter 3 -The Journey To Mistral Part 2-
Chapter 4 -Welcome To Haven-
Chapter 6 -Training Is Now In Session-
Chapter 7 -Unexpected Yet A Grateful Reunion-
Chapter 8 -A Calm Day For Once-
Chapter 9 -The Battle At Haven Part 1-
Author Note 3
Chapter 10 -The Battle At Haven Part 2-
Volume 5 Epilogue
Volume 6 Prologue
Mystogen's Volume Six Bio
Chapter 11 -A Story Unfolds-
Chapter 12 -Story Told-
Chapter 13 -So That's How It Is-
Chapter 14 -Calm Before The Storm-
Chapter 15 -One's Will To Go On-
Chapter 16 -A Bit Of Background-
Chapter 17 -What Now?-
Chapter 18 -The Plan-
Chapter 19 -Plan In Action-
Chapter 20 -Attack On The Mech-
Chapter 21 -On The Defensive In Argus-
Volume 6 Epilogue
Author's Note 4
Announcement

Chapter 5 -The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz Returns-

761 11 0
By DerpZachary

Taken's POV

After my little scouting mission, I made my way to Menagerie an island given to the Faunus for them to build a home there. I flew near the edge of the island careful to not alert anyone of my presence, I flew in an alley landing and looking around making sure I wasn't spotted. I knelt down and a blight formed around me and I slowly became more human-like. The blight soon disappeared and I looked at a shattered mirror looking at myself. My skin was pale just like Salem, scars were on my face showing the shots and cuts from battles, black hair, my eyes were grey, I wore a black trench coat which my wings protruded out of them still giving off the black mist, black military pants, and black shoes. Everything was black which was something I slightly disliked but I didn't question. I took the streets while people gave me looks which I paid no mind to, I made to a large building and opened the large wooden doors and saw someone I knew, Hazel Rainart.

He turned towards me, "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I drop by and say hello to the White Fang's High Leader?" I said standing beside him.

"You being here may cause an uproar," He said.

I spread my wings showing him, "I have wings, the only thing I would bring is the question as to why a Faunus is working for humans," Which I got a grunt in response

"Hazel!" Adam shouted from the other side of the doors.

Hazel pushes the doors open and we enter a large room with the High Leader Sienna Khan sitting at her throne, "Took you long enough,"

Adam looked at me, "What are you doing here?"

"Sorry for coming unannounced," I simply said.

Sienna rises from her seat and her guards point their spears towards us, she spoke, "What is this?!"

"Apologies. We don't aim to cause any trouble," Hazel said.

"You've brought a human to this location?" She said and then she looked at me slightly angered, "And why would a Faunus work for the human,"

"Look I'm here on my own but I'm with the human, you should hear what he has to say," I said stuffing my hands into the trench coat pockets.

"This is grounds for execution!" She yelled.

"Ma'am, please. Nobody needs to die today," Hazel said kneeling which I did as well, "We're just asking for your time,"

"The longer the both of you stay here, the less of a chance both of you have of leaving alive," Sienna said.

"We'll take those chances, if you don't mind," Hazel said. Sienna sits back down, her guards lower their spears and Hazel and I rise again.

"You don't like us. You have no reason to like us. But you don't have to like us to get the results you want," Hazel said.

"I'm starting to doubt either of you fully comprehend what it is that I want. I want humanity to fear the Faunus, to know that we demand respect! I do not want to start a war with the humans that we cannot win!" She said.

"That's where you're wrong," Adam said which we focused on him as he advances toward Sienna, "We can win a war against the humans. Not only because we have the support of their master, but because the Faunus are the dominant species of this planet. We're better than humans. We have everything humans have and more. Humans shouldn't just fear the Faunus, they should serve the Faunus,"

"I've had enough of this conversation for tonight. Guards, take them away," Sienna ordered but they remained stationary.

"I don't like where this is going," I whispered to Hazel.

"Me neither," He responded.

"I said, take them away!" She demanded.

"I will admit, Sienna, you were right about my popularity. My followers in Vale already see me as the true High Leader. And many here in Mistral feel the same," Adam said as four armored members come from the main doors and pointing their weapons into the room. Sienna rises to her feet.

"What are you doing?" Hazel asked.

"What's right for the Faunus. From this day forward, I will be the one to lead the White Fang," Adam announced as four more soldiers reveal themselves with drawn weapons and her guards point their weapons at her.

"If you think I'll just step aside and follow beneath you, you're wrong," Sienna said before being impaled by Adam's blade.

"I know," Adam said. He lifts the blade, making it slide deeper into Sienna's body causing her to lift from the ground. Her body shakes from the damage and Adam whispers to her, "Thank you, Sienna. You were there when our people needed you, but they need me now. I'm sorry you couldn't see this through to the end," Adam swiftly removed his blade from her body causing it to fall and roll to the bottom of the steps leading to her throne, her body stopped in front of me and I stared at it.

"Give our former leader a proper burial. All who were here tonight will claim that Sienna was murdered by a human Huntsman. Sienna Khan will become a martyr for our cause, her final act as High Leader," Adam said, the White Fang soldiers leave the room while two carry Sienna's body on a stretcher and I continued to stare at her body. when they were out of my vision I turned towards Adam.

"Where were you planning on telling me about that?" Hazel asked.

Adam takes a cloth out of his back pockets and slides it across the blade, cleaning the blood off it, "This was my business, not yours,"

"It's our business now, and I don't appreciate you withholding things like that," Hazel said.

"Your master was concerned with Sienna's willingness to cooperate. Now she doesn't have to be," Adam said.

"You know, nobody had to die today Adam," I said as me and Hazel left the room.

"I... disagree," Adam said.

We were outside and Hazel continued as I stood there, he looked back at me, "Are you coming,"

"No, I have something to do, if she asks, tell her I'll be a little later than usual," I said spreading my wings.

"What do plan on doing anyway?" He asked.

"Something you'll soon see," I said I lifted from the ground and went my way.

'Let's see if my theory is correct,'

Mystogen's POV

Oscar sat on the red armchair while the group crowded around him as I sat on the couch next to them.

"Did he age backwards?" Nora asked.

"He's possessed!" Jaune said.

"Or reincarnated!" Ren said.

"Oh! Isn't it weird?" Ruby asked.

"It is very weird, yes," Oscar said.

"Hey, how about you guys the kid some space huh?" I said. They all take a step back and chuckle nervously, I shake my head as I chuckle which Summer did as well.

"Thanks," Oscar said looking at me.

"Don't mention it," I said.

Qrow emerges from the kitchen with a cup in his hand, "Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone,"

Qrow sits down next to me while Ruby and Nora take a set just perpendicular to us, while Jaune and Ren stay standing. Oscar shares a brief look with Ruby, who giggles, causing Oscar to blush.

"Ah, sorry! It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before," Oscar said.

'I think it's something else as well,'

"Are you saying that he has a crush on my little rose?" Summer asked.

'Exactly what I was thinking'

"Well, uh... we've never met a person with two souls! So, first times all around," Ruby said.

'Well I guess she's technically right'

Oscar smiles and chuckles at Ruby before Qrow clears his throat, "Not to break the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?"

Oscar groans, "Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here,"

Team RNJR looked at him in confusion as I looked at him in interest. Oscar lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens his eye which are now glowing and the smiles.

He then speaks in a familiar voice that had many voices overlapping it, "It is so very good to see you all again,"

"Wait, what just happened?" Jaune asked.

"Professor... Ozpin?" Ren asked.

"Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak," Ozpin said, "I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing,"

"And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!" Nora said.

Ozpin chuckled, "It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor. I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry,"

"I mean, it's not your fault," Ruby said.

"It's all my fault," Ozpin spoke, Qrow got up and went to the kitchen, "I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved,"

"So who... what... are you?" Jaune asked.

"I am the combination of countless men who've spent their lives trying to protect the people of Remnant," Ozpin answered, Qrow walks back into the room handing him a cup, "With every rebirth, my soul is eventually merged with another and I am changed, but my memories stay with me. This curse was bestowed upon me by the gods because I failed to stop Salem in the past. But we must stop her,"

I knew what he meant to an extent, walking the Earth for now over a hundred years, protecting the people of the Last City. Living, dying and getting revived by my Ghost, just to do that cycle all over again. It's like a curse, well it depends on how you look at it.

"And how do we do that?" Ruby asked.

"We start... by ensuring the safety of the Relic of Knowledge," Ozpin said.

Nora jumped up from her seat, "This is perfect! We were stuck at a dead end, but now, we can just take little cute boy Ozpin to Lionheart and have him set things straight!"

"Please don't call me that," Ozpin said.

"We're not sure that's the best idea," Qrow said. Nora pouts and groans and goes back to sit next to Ruby and Ren.

"But I thought the headmasters all took their orders from you," Ren said.

"That was the intention. Four lieutenants I can trust, especially during times of reincarnation. But Qrow told me about your meeting with Leonardo," Ozpin said as he gets up and walks towards a painting of Mistral, "He isn't just behaving irrationally, he's disobeying specific instructions I had left him. Something's wrong. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't want to rule out any possibilities, either. No one outside of this room knows that I've paired with Oscar, and I think it may be best to keep it that way,"

"Play things close to the chest until we get a better hand, I see," I said.

"Precisely. Now we have two steps ahead of us," Ozpin said as he turned to us, "The first is enlisting the aid of more huntsmen,"

"But the Mistral council-" Ren said.

"Doesn't own every Huntsman in the Kingdom, and I've been here enough times to know where we can find some more," Qrow said.

"So long as they're trustworthy," Ozpin said.

"You can trust them to put up a good fight. I'll throw together a list tonight," Qrow said, he places his foot on the table for one of the legs to break and spill his tea.

"Qrow and his semblance," Summer said shaking her head.

"Good luck with that," Nora said, Qrow groans as he cleans his mess.

"After that, we can move on to step two," Ozpin said.

"What's step two?" Nora asked.

Ozpin has his cane in hand, "Getting you four into fighting shape," Team RNJR exchange looks of confusion.

"But, uh, we already know how to fight," Ruby said.

"To an extent," I said getting up from my seat.

Ozpin points to Ruby, "You can only fight so long as you have Crescent Rose, but you're still lacking in hand-to-hand combat,"

"Well, uh, yeah," Ruby said.

He points to Jaune, " Mr. Arc, I'm glad to hear you've improved but sorry to say, you've yet to unlock your Semblance. All of you still have a-ways to go before you're ready to pose any real threat against Salem and her forces. And though Oscar can give me temporary control, he'll need to strengthen his body and his Aura. He'll inherit my muscle memory in time, but practice will expedite the process,"

"But if Qrow's out looking for Huntsmen, then who's going to teach us?"

I cough catching their attention and Ozpin propels himself into the air with his cane, spinning counterclockwise into a barrel roll before landing onto the seat of the armchair, twirling his cane, "Well, I believe I was the headmaster of Beacon Academy. And Mystogen has an exceptional amount of experience on the battlefield," They all have various looks on their faces, "We have approximately one month before classes resume at Haven. If Salem were to plan an attack, it would make sense that it would occur prior to students' return. It's not much time, but it's better than nothing," He stops twirling his cane, "Just don't expect me to go easy on you,"

Qrow clears his throat, "I think we need to talk more Oz,"

"Oh yes," Ozpin gets off the seat and looks at RNJR, "If you'll excuse us me, Qrow and Mystogen have something to discuss,"

They all nodded and went to do their own things, we made our way to the balcony which gave a great view of the city, I gave a quick glance at Summer which we both knew what this talk was about.

I looked at the two, "So what's this about?"

"I think you know exactly what this is about, Mr.Mystogen," Ozpin said sternly.

(And there ya have it, a cliffhanger as an ending and something that the Taken is planing at the beginning. Hope you all enjoyed, and goodbye and take care!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 876 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...
11.3K 101 11
Beacon has fallen. Our Guardians light, friends and even his Ghost, are gone. He only has one lead to getting some of what he lost back, and that's h...
61.3K 1.4K 27
When Blake is kidnapped after hanging out with Yang in Vale, will team RWBY manage to get their teammate back in one piece? DISCLAIMER: I do not own...
990 31 32
RWBY x Male Reader Fanfiction. In a different world of RWBY the fall of Beacon never happened. The creatures of grimm still roamed and evil forces st...