Intimacy

By adellights

Valerie Jenz, a shy college student has a best friend named Joel Pimentel. She falls in love with his best fr... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87 : Last Chapter : Part I
Part 88
Intimacy

Part 25

479 16 1
By adellights

《Hey guys, thanks for all the votes and views. I do hope you guys enjoy this story.

Oh and I add another character. The blonde girl is Athena. Hehehe. Enjoy reading ya'll.

Anyways, I wanna share the songs I listen to while writing this chapter.

Oath - Cher Llyod ft Becky G
Over my head - Echosmith
Stay - Miley Cyrus
That's what you get - Paramore. 》

So I was with a bunch of strangers at the crowd on my college freshman welcome party thingy. Obviously I had to attend because I didn't have anything else to do anyway, might as well socialized with the people that went to the same school as me.

I convinced myself to go to the stupid welcome party, I was hoping that I could make some friends at the party. I've been lonely these passed few weeks, thinking how dumb and sad I was because I didn't have any girl friends from my college.

I was such a loner and I needed someone, preferably the same gender as me to share boy problems with.

I was sitting on the most comfortable chair that I could find at the party as I watched people dancing and had the best time of their life.

Minutes later, a blonde girl with cute flowery pattern dress sat next to me. She smiled at me and I returned a small awkward smile at her as I was fixing my dress. I could tell that my smile was awkward and I was nervous as heck when she approached me because I am a potato and the blonde girl was drop dead gorgeous.

Some people inherit great genes from their parents, unlike me.

"Are you having fun? Or is this not really your thing?" She asked.

She seemed very confident and she talked to me like she knows me her whole life. I didn't even know her name and she didn't know mine.

How do people do this? Socializing?

"Not really, I'm here because I'm bored and I don't really have friends from this school." I said.

Wow, I sounded pathetic and a lonely goat.

She giggled, "What? Are you kidding me?"

I nodded, "Yep."

"No girl, that's just sad oh and by the way I forgot to introduce myself. The name is Athena but you can call me Atty so from now to the rest of your life. I am your friend, if you want me to be your friend. Of course." She smiled.

She was so friendly and I am doomed, how could I be comfortable around females that aren't my sister? I blamed it on myself, I grew up spending time with my sister and Joel only.

"My name is Valerie but you can call me Val." I smiled.

She's probably going to be my first actual girl friend ever. I guess I manifested too much that this blonde girl appeared out of nowhere and wanted to be my friend, perhaps it could be a good thing. Athena, what an interesting name and such a beautiful girl with a Goddess name.

To stopped myself from being awkward, I continued with our conversation.

"So what major are you in Atty?" I asked.

I swore the music inside the freaking building was way too loud and I felt like my eardrums were bleeding.

"Literature." She responded.

No wonder I haven't seen her around our campus because our major are far different. We didn't have class together.

"Oh mine is Media and Photography, it's all about arts and shit." I said and she chuckled.

"And shit." She chuckled again.

I nodded and laughed, "Yeah something like that."

After that odd introducing, we talked about our majors and stuff. She asked me if I could accompany her to get burger king and I was starving too so I agreed. ----

It was funny how I was already comfortable with this girl, I wish I've known her since the first day I stepped inside the campus.

She read a lot of books and magazines, she told me that she was once a theatre kid and how fun it was to act on stage.

"It's sad to know that theatre actors are underrated and no one appreciated them well enough because they worked their ass off to make everything perfect on stage, it's not easy to memorized lines and act at the same time on stage to entertain the audience. You know.." She said and I agreed.

"True." I said while I was munching on the burger.

I didn't know much about theatre but I can tell a few facts because of explanation and knowledge about theatre that she shared to me.

"We should hangout often, you seem pretty cool to be friends with." She said.

I nodded, "That's a great idea and you're cool too.." I smiled. ----

I told her how I kept my circle small and that it's really hard to trust people because my own best friend lied to me but I didn't tell her about the whole big ass lie of a relationship that I had and how my own best friend was the one who made it up and lied to my face, played with my feelings.

I wanted to tell her about it but I didn't know her well enough to share it and also the fact that my own best friend's friends took naked pictures of me while I was taking a shower, it was a whole lot of mess and yet I still forgive my best friend.

Why? The answer is I care and love him so much also people messed up and deserved a second chance only if they meant a lot to you, to hope for the best that they won't mess it up again.

After hours and hours of random talks with Athena, we finally headed home. She booked an Uber to get home and I drove back home. I offered her a ride home but she didn't want it so I had no choice but to drive alone by myself.

Before we left, obviously we exchanged phone numbers.

She texted me once she arrived home and I did the same thing too.

I just met her but it felt like I've known her since forever, I couldn't wait to hangout with her more and do other girly things that two female friends get to do when they are together. I never really had a legit girl friend so I was so excited.

Maybe the party wasn't that bad at all because I got myself a friend. ----

I changed into my comfortable clothes and while I was still inside the bathroom brushing my teeth, I heard my phone rang so I walked to my bed so I can answer the phone call but before I wanted to answer it, the call ended.

It was Joel.

Why was he calling me at ten in the evening?

I messaged him to call me back in a few minutes because I was busy brushing my teeth and when I finished with it, he called me again.

I groaned and answered the call.

"What do you want? It's late." I asked.

"It's Chris." He said and I heard a few of noises coming from the phone call, I could hear ambulance, sirens and a woman crying while shouting.

What the hell was going on?

"Joel? Where are you? What's going on? Did something happen to Chris?" My heart was racing rapidly and I was so anxious and scared at the same time.

Joel was stammering on the phone call, "He ..he got into a fight and Val.. please come to the hospital as fast as you can. I'll text you the address." He said and with that we ended the call. I read the address and it was not that far from where I lived.

Without thinking clearly whether I should go or not because it was ten in the evening, I didn't give a shit about going out wearing only my gray strapless shirt and shorts with my hello kitty slippers.

I didn't had the time to change because I was worried about Chris's condition.

I grabbed my long coat and wore it, I got the car keys and drove to the hospital. I parked my car nearest to the entrance. I rushed inside the place and searched for Joel, I saw him standing with his arms crossed and his head was down the whole time.

"Hey." I called.

He sighed, a relief one.

"Thank God, you're here." He said.

I gulped, "Tell me what's going on? Where is Chris?" I asked while I paced back and forth.

He tried to calm me down by making me stop from pacing back and forth like a lunatic, "He's in the emergency room, Val please calm down and sit here." He said, he sat on the chair then patted the empty ones next to him to gestured me to sit next to him.

Once I'm seated, "Spill now." I said.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "He got into a fight, a really bad one and the doctor said he broke a few bones. Erick was there with him at the bar, Erick told me that Chris punched a dude in the face without a reason. He told me that Chris was probably too drunk and hit a random dude." He explained.

I was so worried but I didn't know what to do but prayed that he will get better soon.

"Erick called me straight away because he saw how badly injured Chris is when the big dude threw him to the counter and slammed his head on the hard floor so I rushed to the bar and called the ambulance to come and the cops too." He added.

It was messed up.

I sighed, "Where is Erick?" I asked.

"He went home, I told him to rest." He said then I recalled, I heard a woman crying when Juan called me so I asked Joel about my curiosity and he told me that I was Chris's cousin.

It was Georgia, I met her.

"Where is she?" I asked him.

"She went home too, straight after Chris is inside the emergency room." He said.

I needed to see her right away but too bad she left before I arrived at the hospital. I needed her to tell me what was going on with Christopher because when were dating, fake dating. I've always seen the cheerful, innocent and saint Christopher but after we ended the so called dating thingy, he became a demon that fights people and ended up in a hospital.

After thinking too much, I told Joel to go back home so that he could get some sleep.

I stayed hours and hours in the hospital, I sat on the depressing looking chair for hours while waiting for the doctor to come out from the room that Chris got admitted. ----

When I saw the doctor slide the door behind him to shut it, I stood up and approached him to ask him if Chris was doing okay. At first he asked what was my relation with him and I told him that I was his friend. FRIEND.

"He's alive so don't worry but his right leg is broken and his left arm is broken too. He lost a lot of blood because a knife was involved. He got stab on his waist but not too deep where we can lose him and again don't worry, he is doing great in the healing process. The only thing he needs right now is to get better." He said then he patted my shoulder.

"Oh thanks doctor." I said.

"Are you sure you're not his girlfriend?" He asked. 

I shook, "No I'm not, I'm just a friend." I smiled, an awkward smile.

He smiled, "Okay well then you should probably head home and come back tomorrow to check on him." He said.

I nodded.

I exit the hospital and I won't stop thinking about Christopher, there was definitely something up with him. I knew it since the day I saw him fighting with that dude at the bar because to be honest I never really expect to find him there kicking someone's ass. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 498 14
When Paige Bueckers meets Nika's best friend from back home... she didn't think she'd be as attracted as she was to her but she ends up falling for h...
1.6K 106 19
Valerie Blue Olsen finally starts her new life as a college girl at the most popular university in NYC. She misses being in a relationship. She needs...
10.3K 224 26
Shes Christopher velez sister. She gets in a huge fight with best friend and now lives with her brother and his friends. She gets closer to one in pa...
63.2K 738 16
"You liked him this whole time?" "Not... not the whole time..." • Your kinda basic college love story :) The updates may be a little slow, but I will...