Caught.

Por ShelleySnow

Emma is human. Emma likes her life in her small predictable town. At least she thought it was predictable... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 11

11.9K 433 32
Por ShelleySnow

It didn't take longer before there was a resounding knock on my front door. "Surely that can't be Roman" I mutter "Roman doesn't knock, he barges his way straight in whilst breaking everything in sight." Reminding myself I was the one to text him, I walked to my door and pulled it open.

Standing on my door step was none other than the man himself. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at him, my stomach was erupting in butterflies. I'd never felt so strongly drawn to someone before in my entire life, and if I was being honest with myself it sort of scared me. I wasn't the type of girl to lose herself in a guy.

Throwing my arms around myself as my whole body shivered. I tried to convince myself that it was the wind that had made me shiver, even though I knew that wasn't true.

"Hello Emma, I think we need to talk" Roman said.

Nodding my head I step aside in a silent invitation. No other words were spoken until we reached my living room and Roman took up his place on the couch. I was glad he decided to sit down, he seemed more intimating when he stood to his full height and I wanted to be in charge tonight. Taking my place in my arm chair, glad that there was some distance between us I began.

"Can you just let me talk for a second? I feel like if you interrupt me then I'll lose my train of thought and then I won't get to ask everything I need to" Roman just nodded to my request sending a piece of jet black hair to fall across his face.

I took a deep breath in. He was being a lot more co-operative than he usually was and I didn't want to waste this rare opportunity.
Placing my hands flat on my knees I took a moment to compose what I wanted to say inside my head. Roman to his credit didn't utter a word, he just sat there his golden eyes searching my face.

"So, earlier when you left I know what I saw, so don't think of lying to me. I've tried to wrap my head around it and come up with an explanation, and the harder I try the less I come up with. So I'm going to need you to explain it to me" I gave myself a mental high five. That came out a lot calmer than I was feeling on the inside.

Roman took a minute I could see he was weighing up his words as I had done, trying to come up with an explanation that would not only answer my question but prevent further ones.

Letting out a sigh he pushed his fingers through his already messy hair, sending a gust of his scent straight to my nose. Breathing him in I was amazed to find that I instantly felt calmer, like there was something about the way he smelt that made all my insides turn to jelly but also washed the panic away.

I started wondering what it would be like to be surrounded by those arms; and held against his impressive chest. For once my mind did not jump to sexual contact but to that of love and tenderness.

Even thought Roman was clearly built for the art of war I didn't doubt that he was capable of acts of kindness. He'd even shown that to me so this morning, when he replaced my door. Given, it was him that broke it down, but he didn't need to do fix it.

Roman seemed to come to terms with whatever he was wrestling with in his head and looked ready to talk, bracing myself for the words I knew would change my reality forever, because it was one thing to suspect something, but it was another to have it confirmed by someone else.

"Emma, I am the alpha of the Dark Crimson pack, we are wolves and you are my mate." he stated flatly.

Even though I knew it was coming I couldn't help it when my stomach twisted in a knot and nervous laughter came spewing out of my mouth. I was trying to hold it together, I really was. But there was something so silly about the whole thing. Even though I didn't doubt what he said for a second even though I knew my brain wanted to deny it. It would of been easier, but you can't really deny something you've seen with your own eyes mere hours ago.

Roman sat there, patiently waiting for me to pull my shit together and give any sort of response to him, but as my laughter went on he became more and more concerned looking which didn't help with my giggles.
Taking a deep breath I tried to find some sort of composer before attempting to speak.

"You're taking this a lot better than I thought Emma I must admit."

"Yeah well, it's hard to deny something you've seen with your own eyes. But thank you for telling me straight Roman, but I do have a lot more questions" I admitted.

"I have no doubt, you don't seem like the type of girl that'd be satisfied with just that, but I'm afraid anymore questions are going to have to wait, it's very late and even though I'd much rather be here with you, I have to get back to the compound. As alpha I have responsibilities" he said.

I couldn't help but notice that he didn't sound too happy about that, but I pushed it to the back of my mind for another time. Roman was right it was late and as if on cue I yawned. This got a little chuckle out of Roman

"Right sleepy head, lets get you off to bed" he said, a mischievous grin spread across his face.

Standing up he reached for my hand to pull me up from the chair, I decided to allow the physical contact between us reaching my out to join his.

As soon as my skin came in to contact with him it felt as if tiny flames were licking their way up my arm, I gasped at the sensation. Looking up at him his golden eyes looked as if they were swirling like liquid pools of gold. It would of been so easy to allow myself to get lost in them, to find solace in their depths, but I broke our eye contact and pulled myself up.

I didn't want to let go of Roman as I made my way to the stairs, my hand felt so right in his and after the crazy couple of days I was having it was giving me so much comfort. But there was no way I was going to allow him to follow me upstairs. I needed sleep, and like he'd already said he needed to get back to the "compound" what ever that was.

Letting go of his hand made my body physically ache and the blissful bubble I was in popped. I was suddenly back to feeling so cold, I wanted to grab his hand back, but if I did that I wasn't sure I'd let it go again.

"Do you want me to come tuck you in mon coeur" Roman whispered his voice had taken on a husky tone making him words sound a lot more sexier than they already were.

Sweet Jesus my legs might as well of been made of jelly because that's exactly how they acted after those words left his lips. It took everything in me not to close the gap between us, to allow him in to my bedroom and subsequently my heart.

But I knew I had a few things I had to work through before anything could happen between us. If that was even what Roman wanted. That was the point wasn't it, what happens if he didn't want me like that.

Maybe he treated everyone like this, with his kind words and whispers. That's when it dawned on me that I really didn't know Roman at all. Even though I felt Roman and I had the bond between us, like we were two halves of the same whole. Maybe I was just getting caught up in something I had no business in.

It felt like a bucket of ice cold water had just been thrown over me and I felt sick to my stomach. It must of shown on my face "Emma what's the matter" Roman said. I could see the worry etched on his face. Trying to think of something to get me out of this as quickly as possible.

"I'm fine, you were right it's getting late I'm just tired" I said I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Don't lie to me Emma, I can feel your fear" his eyes suddenly looked sad and I found myself wanting to comfort him. 

"I didn't mean to scare you off Emma, we can take this as slow as you want. I want you to be comfortable" Roman said. I could feel the sincerity in his voice, but it wouldn't be the first time a girl was tricked by pretty words from a pretty face. Shaking my head I gave him a half hearted smile

"Thank you Roman, can you see yourself out?" I asked, hoping that would be the end of it.

Roman just nodded and turned around. I felt bad but I needed time to sort everything out, but knowing this didn't stop my heart from breaking as I watched him walk away and close the door behind him.

Dragging myself upstairs I basically flopped on to my bed, almost crushing Pepper that was hidden under the duvet. Muttering an apology to him, my head was swimming with everything I didn't understand and with all the questions I wanted to ask Roman. I thought about making a note of them all on my phone so I wouldn't forget any, but before I had time to reach for it I was asleep.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

That's it for another chapter!

Remember to hit the little star down at the bottom, it only takes a second and it makes me very happy

Also if you'd like to send me a message feel free, I reply to them all.

Thank you for following the story so far & I hope you like where it's going !

-S.Snow

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.8M 91.4K 20
Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's l...
29.9K 843 19
Lucy is just an average girl who lived an average life. At age 18, she has a job, lives in a house by herself, and has very few friends. She basicall...
9.4K 856 66
Ryan King is an Alpha desperately trying to hold his pack together. Between the blood thirsty enemy packs wanting to take what's his, a council that...
2M 83.8K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...