8 Years Gap

By rylidescent

How long can you wait for the love you thought impossible? How much effort do they need to be together? --- T... More

P R O L O G U E
Gap #1
Gap #2
Gap #3
Gap #4
Gap #5
Gap #6
Gap #7
Gap #8
Gap #9
Gap #10
Gap #11
Gap #12
Gap #13
Gap #14
Gap #15
Gap #16
Gap #17
Gap #18
Gap #19
Gap #20
Gap #21
Gap #22
Gap #23
Gap #24
Gap #25
Gap #26
Gap #27
Gap #28
Gap #29
Gap #30
Gap #31
Gap #32
Gap #33
Gap #34
Gap #35
Gap #36
Gap #37
Gap #38
Gap #39
Gap #40
Gap #41
Gap #42
Gap #43
Gap #44
Gap #45
Gap #46
Gap #47
Gap #49
Gap #50
Gap #51
Gap #52
Gap #53
Gap #54
Gap #55
Gap #56
Gap #57
Gap #58
ANNOUNCEMENT

Gap #48

582 5 2
By rylidescent

Yumiji's POV

I was too happy that I forgot that Knight is still not giving up on Angeli. Shit. My cellphone's battery is dead so I didn't got to ask her to go home with me. I hope she's still in her classroom.

I ran to her classroom and didn't saw her with Dawn and Nana so I ran Immediately to the elevator and saw her went inside with Vi but damn, it closed. I went down through the stairs and didn't saw her anymore. Why's she walking so fast? I just went to the parking lot and I didn't expect to see Angeli went inside to Knight's car.

What is she doing?

She didn't even saw me when the car passed by.

Didn't she told me that she doesn't like Knight? Then why's she going home with him? Was that all a lie, Angeli?

I just went inside my car and decided to go home.

***

As I went inside my unit, I didn't expect my grandfather to be in here.

"Grandpa!" I walked to him with open arms, but he just brushed me off with his cane.

"Why did you even decide to become a teacher huh?" He asked me with his eyebrows intact.

"It's just for one year only, I promise!" I grinned like a little child and he just sighed.

"So be it." His expression became serious and sat on the couch.

"What's wrong with the company?" I asked seriously.

"Your eldest uncle is planning to take over the company secretly."

"Huh?!"

"He is being greedy lately when he knew you're my official inheritor. He said that it was unfair for you to be one when you're just a teacher." He looked so stressed.

"Then let me help, I'll make sure that I'll prove him wrong." He faintly smiled at me.

"Sign this. After one year, you're going to be the CEO of Kang Company. However, be ready when it's urgent for you to inherit the company as soon as possible. It's up to you how you will prove to them that you're the best inheritor of mine." He brought out the file he had and I brought my own seal.

"Them?" I confusingly asked.

"The board of directors." He looked at me seriously and I just gulped.

"Okay, I'm on it." I signed the contract and my grandfather smiled.

"Thank you, Yumi."

"You're always welcome, Grandpa!" I was about to hug him when he brushed me off again with his cane.

"Don't touch me." I just laughed and so he did.

He went home after we ate and I rested for a few minutes and took a shower after. I sat on the couch while drying my hair.

I'm going to be the CEO huh.

Then I guess Angeli will be my lawyer and we're going to work together in the same office. Thinking that made me smile, but the thought of what happened earlier made me frown.

Ugh. I'll chat Angeli about that then. I'm curious about what happened.

Angeli

Hey

Yes?

I'm not expecting her to reply so easily. Maybe she's on her way home with her mom.

Why did you go home with Knight?

And so?

You should not lead him on

I'm not, just clearing things up with him.

About what?

Not going to tell you.

Hey i'm trustworthy

You're an English teacher so you should know that "I" should always be a capital letter.

Don't you think so?

It's not about my letter "I"

It's about what you and Knight talked about

So what is it?

Tell me

I don't want to.

You should tell me

And why so?

I'm your future boyfriend

Sigh, keep dreaming.

Truth is, you're happy right? :3

Stop that emoji, I'm not.

Just tell me then

It's none of your business.

I can't think of anything to reply. Right, I'm not her boyfriend or the one she likes so she's not obliged to tell me. I just sighed and didn't bother to reply her when there's a notification from messenger.

But I just simply told him that I won't lead him on and I still like the person I liked .

For short, I rejected him.

Happy?

I laughed. She can't resist not telling me. Really, Angeli. I can't help falling head over heels with you.

Not really

Damn you.

Hey no cursing

Shut up.

Just kidding

I'm

Reallyyy

Happyyy

:3

Creepy.

Just for you <3

Want me to block you then?

Hahahahaha

My Tsundere Girl <3

You're really being creepy now, seriously. -.-

We're going to drop off now, bye.

Bye, my love

Take care <3

She just seen it. Hahahaha. I'm really falling for you now, Angeli.

I'm about to go to sleep when the doorbell rang. Who is it now? Ruining my good day.

"Good evening, Sr. Yumi." As I opened the door, there's a drunk man who is offering me a drink.

"It's really a good evening for me so don't ruin it, Sean." I sarcastically told him.

"Alright. Hahahaha." He just barged in and sat on the couch in the veranda.

"So what's the problem between you and Iyah?" I also sat on the couch and sighed.

"Hmm. There's nothing, actually. Just wanna talk to you." I could see that there's a problem, but oh well. Might as well tell him my good day to ease him up.

"In that case, I'm going to tell you good news." I smiled just by remembering it.

"What is it?" He just looked at me and smiled.

"I'm making Angeli fall for me now." I grinned at him.

"Is she falling for you now?" He's just looking at his drink and slowly circling his glass.

"I think so, but she has someone she likes." He suddenly laughed so hard.

"Hey! Why are you laughing so hard?" I annoyingly asked him.

"Nothing. Hahahaha." And his laugh was slowly fading.

"So what's your problem?" I just sighed and sip a drink.

"Iyah was with someone else earlier." I was surprised that I almost gush out what I drank.

"And so? You can't keep her from interacting with the others." I was surprised that he really fell hard to Iyah.

"I hope I could." He sounded so down.

"Why?" I think this is a big problem for them.

"That someone likes her and damn, she's smiling like an idiot to him." He's frowning just by remembering it.

"Why don't you ask her about him?" I looked at him with a straight face.

"Sigh, if only I could." They are at it again, not listening to each other.

"Right, you're cheating on her." I really dunno if this guy is sincere about Iyah.

"Hey, I'm not and I didn't." He's being defensive.

"Then why is she with someone else?" I suspiciously looked at him.

"I think she misunderstood me when I lied to her that I'm at work when I was actually eating out with someone." He sighed after that.

"And that someone is a woman?" I think I'm getting there.

"Yeah." I sighed. As I thought.

"See? You're chea-ting." I emphasized the word cheating for him.

"No, it isn't. It's actually..." Looking at him, he's embarrassed.

"What?" Woah, new face.

"That woman is a wedding organizer." He's sulking because Iyah misunderstood. That's new. Hahaha--.

"What?!" I was shocked to the point that I almost spilled my drink.

"At that time, she was eating out with her friend and she misunderstood that I was talking about wedding with that woman." I just sighed.

"Of course she will, you idiot." I told him with my eyebrows intact.

"That wedding was supposed to be a surprise in her birthday." He just sighed and looked disappointed to himself.

"Did you tell her about your surprise?" He frowned, just like thinking about what happened.

"She won't even listen to me." I just sighed. She really has a tendency not to listen. Well, who would not right? She misunderstood that he's talking about wedding with some other woman.

"Okay, I'll help out." I smiled at him.

"Thank you." He faintly smiled but drunk.

"I really owe you big time right?" I thought about how he was engaged with Iyah.

"Yeah, so do your work well. Hahahaha." He just patted me on my shoulders and posed an 'okay' sign.

I just laughed how we were sighing earlier and now we're just laughing it off. He left drunk so I called his driver to drive him home. I sat on the couch and wondered how can I help him.

Hmm. I wonder if Angeli could help me think through this. I can't understand Iyah's feelings. She would just throw me out if I'm the only one who would go talk to her.

Published: January 27, 2019, Sunday, 18:00

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.6K 53
The Madrid-Esquival siblings Nora, Fort, and Ansel, find love through their phones...and go from there. *** Nora's crush on her older brother's teamm...