The Spark of Hope

By DerpZachary

Beacon has fallen, Grimm surround it. Team RWBY separated. Ruby now leaves her home with the remnants of team... More

Prologue
Mystogen's Bio
Chapter 1 -On The Road-
Author's Note 1
Author's Note 2
Chapter 3 -The Journey To Mistral Part 2-
Chapter 4 -Welcome To Haven-
Chapter 5 -The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz Returns-
Chapter 6 -Training Is Now In Session-
Chapter 7 -Unexpected Yet A Grateful Reunion-
Chapter 8 -A Calm Day For Once-
Chapter 9 -The Battle At Haven Part 1-
Author Note 3
Chapter 10 -The Battle At Haven Part 2-
Volume 5 Epilogue
Volume 6 Prologue
Mystogen's Volume Six Bio
Chapter 11 -A Story Unfolds-
Chapter 12 -Story Told-
Chapter 13 -So That's How It Is-
Chapter 14 -Calm Before The Storm-
Chapter 15 -One's Will To Go On-
Chapter 16 -A Bit Of Background-
Chapter 17 -What Now?-
Chapter 18 -The Plan-
Chapter 19 -Plan In Action-
Chapter 20 -Attack On The Mech-
Chapter 21 -On The Defensive In Argus-
Volume 6 Epilogue
Author's Note 4
Announcement

Chapter 2 -The Journey To Mistral-

1K 10 27
By DerpZachary

~Third Person POV~

The Schnee Mansion, this is where Weiss Schnee was taken to after the Fall of Beacon. As she walks down the corridors of white and blue, you can hear the tapping of her feet. She then goes down a corridor which a voice speaks up in front of her.

"Good afternoon, sister," When she looked at the person she saw her brother, Whitley Schnee.

He bowed slightly, "A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change,"

"Hello, Whitley," Weiss said walking around her brother and turning towards him, "You're in a cheery mood today,"

"Klein made crêpes for breakfast," He said in a cheerful voice.

"What do you want?" Weiss asked.

"I heard father shouting with someone in his study earlier," He said.

"Mother?" She asked.

"No, she's already drinking in the garden, I think it was a man," He said, "I just wanted to warn you, I heard he had asked to speak with you,"

"I'll be fine," She said, her eyes facing to the floor.

"I know you will," Whitley said, Weiss looked at her brother, "You're strong, like Winter,"

Weiss looked at him slightly shocked, "You never liked Winter,"

"True. But you can't deny her resolve," He said.

"You... seem different," Weiss said.

"And you've been gone, I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon," He said, he turned away from Weiss and started to walk away, "Anyway, good luck with father,"

Weiss looked him walking away, "Thank you,"

Coming from the door which leads to Weiss' father's study shouting could be heard from the other side, "I'm not talking about the good of my company, I'm talking about the good of Atlas! Our entire kingdom!"

Weiss slowly opened the door, Ironwood could be heard, "That is a load of garbage and you know it,"

"I beg your pardon!?" A man said this man was Jacques Schnee, Weiss' father and the owner of the Schnee Dust Company.

"Jacques, will you please just hear me out?" Ironwood said.

Jacques slams a glass onto the table, "You are a trusted friend and ally to this family, James. But what you're suggesting is absurd," He brought down his fist onto the chair's arm that he was seating.

"You are blowing it out of proportion," Ironwood said.

Jacques quickly rose from his seat, "The council will never agree to it!"

Ironwood rose from his seat, "You forget, I hold two seats on the council,"

"Your Dust embargo has already cost me millions. I can promise you, I have not forgotten!" Jacques yelled.

"So, this is about you?" Ironwood said, Jacques sighed.

As Weiss watched this disagreement continue the door close behind her notifying the two of her presence, the two looked at her.

"Miss Schnee. My apologies, I should have been gone by now," Ironwood said as he bowed.

"It-It's okay," Weiss said.

He looked at Jacques, "We'll continue this at another time,"

"Indeed, Klein can show you out," Jacques said.

"Hmph, don't worry, I know the way," He proceeded to the door, "Until next time, Jacques," He looked at Weiss, "Please know, you'll always have a home at Atlas Academy, Miss Schnee. We'll be back in session before you know it," He opened the door and left, the door closing behind him.

"Did you forget your manner while you were away?" Jacques asked, he walked toward his desk.

Weiss lets out a sigh and turns to her father, "No, father. I'm sorry,"

"Can you believe there are still people in the world that blame Atlas for what happened to Beacon? To Vale?" He said as he sat down in his chair.

"Well, they weren't there," Weiss said, she approached her father's desk.

"It's a wonder Ironwood wasn't stripped of his rank," He said, spinning his chair towards a painting of himself,  "I suppose the council trusts him. For better or worse,"

"I trust him," Weiss said.

He sighed and turned towards Weiss, "Thanks to him, Atlas is forbidden from exporting Dust to other kingdoms! 'A precautionary measure,' as he puts it, until we're certain no one is going to declare war. How anyone could possibly find that to be sound logic is beyond me. Which is why the Schnee Dust Company will be holding a charity concert in the coming weeks. We need to show the people of Remnant that we are on their side, that we are all victims of the Fall of Beacon,"

"That's... wonderful news," Weiss said joyously.

"I know. And I think it would make a lot of people happy if you performed at the event," He said.

"Excuse me?" She asked slightly confused at the request.

"Many forget that you were there. My own daughter--a Schnee--on the grounds defending another kingdom! We need to remind them. And we need to show them that the Schnee family is just as strong as ever," He said.

"Are you asking me if I'd like to sing, or telling me?" She asked.

"I think it would make a lot of people happy," He said.

Weiss sighed, "I'll start practicing,"

"That's my girl," He said.

Weiss walked out of the room and into the hallway to hear a voice, "Hot coffee, Miss Schnee?" This was the Schnee family's butler, Klein Sieben.

"I always find he keeps his study dreadfully cold," He said.

Weiss grabs the cup of coffee from the tray, "Thank you, Klein," She looked down slightly saded.

"You know what I think?" He raises the tray up to his face and brings it down showing his eyes red, "I think it's to balance out all his hot air!" He starts to laugh.

"Klein!" Weiss says, a smile formed on her face and the two started to laugh.

He sneezes and his eyes turn to a light blue, "Hah... heh, apologies, Madame. Ah-Ah-AH-ACHOO!" Weiss starts to giggle at his antics, he wiggles his mustache and looks at Weiss, "Ah, there's my happy little snowflake!" His eyes color go back to their usual yellow.

"Thank you, Klein," Weiss said with a smile on her face.

. . .

"You two keep going, I'll handle this!" Echoed Mystogen's voice.

"Do you believe in destiny?" Echoed Pyrrha's voice.

"Yes," Echoed Cinder's voice.

"Jaune..." Echoed Pyrrha's voice once again.

"PYRRHA!" Echoed Ruby's voice.

Ruby opened her eyes and gasped, she sat up from her sleeping bag looking around to see that they were in the forest. After everyone awoken from their slumber they continued their journey to Mistral.

Ruby walked ahead of the group looking at the map, "So, the next town is... Uh-huh! Uh-huh... We're lost," 

"We're not lost! The next town is Shion. My family used to visit all the time," Jaune said.

"Oh, yeah! Don't you have, like, four sisters?" Ruby asked.

"Uh, seven," Jaune corrected which Ruby giggled.

"Y'know, that actually explains a lot," Nora said.

"Wait, what do you mean-"

"SO, what did you guys do there?" Ruby asked.

"Oh! All sorts of stuff," Jaune said as he walked beside Ruby and grabbed one side of the map, "Over here is a great hiking trail, and over here is where we went camping all the time! I got my own tent because I was special. Also, so my sister would stop braiding my hair,"

"Didn't like the look?' Ruby asked.

"Yeah, they just kept doing pigtails, but personally I think I'm more of a 'Warrior's Wolf Tail' kind of guy," Jaune said.

"That's just a ponytail," Ruby pointed out.

"I stand by what I said," Jaune said and the two continued to look at the map.

Ren and Nora stopped in their tracks, Nora covered her mouth, "Uh, guys?"

"What?" 

"Huh?"

The two look up from the map and see a village in ruins and smoke clouds coming from some areas.

The four quickly ran into the village, the three stopped as Ren dropped his bag and continued.

"There could be survivors!" Ruby said.

"Over here!" Ren said as he ran to a man up against a wall holding his wound. Ren ran up next to him kneeling down.

"A huntsman!" Ruby said, as the three looking at the two.

"What happened? Who killed all of these people?" Jaune asked.

The huntsman coughed, "Bandits. The whole tribe... then, with all the panic..." He started to coughing again.

"Grimm," Ren said.

The three turned away, Ruby spoke, "Alright, we can get him to the next village and try to find a doctor there,"

"Yeah, Ren and I can take turns carrying him," Jaune said.

"I don't know if he'll make it," Nora said.

"He will, he has to," Jaune said.

"If we get going now, his chances will be better, I can run ahead and look for help!" Ruby said.

"Guys..." Ren said, the three turned back to see Ren looking down at the huntsman's now limp body.

"Should we... bury him?" Nora said.

"We should go. It's not safe here," Ren said passing by the three.

"Ren..." Nora went towards him.

Ruby placed a hand on Jaune's arm, "It'll be okay,"

Jaune sighed, "I'm just tired of losing everything,"

As Ren walked he looked down at something which when Nora caught up to him she looked at it as well. It was a huge hoofprint, one that a normal animal could not leave, the two looked at each other knowing what left it. As they left the village, a person entered it.

"Holy hell," Mystogen said, looking at the carnage.

"Oh my Oum, what happened?" Summer said in shock.

Mystogen ran into the village seeing the bodies of the townsfolk, "Ghost, any idea?"

Ghost appeared and went to the same huntsman that had recently passed and scanned him, "He was shot, right in the stomach region. Someone attacked this place," 

"Not just someone, it had to be a group of people to do this," Mystogen said.

"Mystogen, come here," Summer said as she looked down at a body. 

Mystogen approached it and kneeled down, three claw marks cut diagonally across the person's back, "Should have guessed the Grimm would follow,"

"Not just that," Summer said which Mystogen looked at her, "This person is a bandit,"

Upon closer examination, it was the same person that Mystogen had knocked out the day before, "They're from the same trib as Shay,"

"The Branwen Tribe," Summer said.

"Right the tribe that your friend was from," Mystogen said.

"I wouldn't have guessed they would do this but they're bandits," Summer said.

"We should get going," Ghost said.

"Yeah, we can't stay here for long or we'll lose them," Mystogen said walking out of the village.

~Mystogen's POV~

 Night was finally here which meant the group was most likely setting camp, I stopped as I heard talking coming from my left. It was quiet but wasn't far, I walked towards the direction of the talking to see Jaune with his sword and shield out. I climbed up a tree not to far from him and sat on top of a branch watching him.

"Alright, Jaune, just like we practiced," I look to a tree stump to see a recording of Pyrrha playing, "Follow these instructions, shield up" Jaune did just that, "Keep your grip tight," He tightened his grip, "Don't forget to keep your front foot forward. Ready? Go," Jaune lunged forward, "Again," he did a diagonal slash down, it created a small gust in front of him, "And again," He spun and did another diagonal slash down, which he began to pant, "Okay. Now, assuming you aren't cheating... we can take a break," There was a moment of silence, "I know this can be frustrating. And it can feel like so much effort to progress such a small amount. But... I want you to know that I'm proud of you. I've never met someone so determined to better themselves. You've grown so much since we started training, and I know this is just the beginning. Jaune... I... I... I want you to know that I am just happy to be a part of your life. I'll always be here for you, Jaune," The recording stopped and started to rewind to the beginning.

'She's got a point Jaune, you've grown since you first entered Beacon,' I thought.

The recording played again, "Alright, Jaune, just like we practiced. Follow these instructions. Shield up," Jaune looked up at the sky and sighed, "Keep your grip tight," He got back into his stance, "Don't forget to keep your front foot forward. Ready? Go," He began to do the training again.

'She would be proud of you Jaune, I know I am,' I stood on top of the branch and jumped down landing on the grass quietly, and walked away.

"What now?" Ghost asked.

"I scout ahead, and kill any Grimm in the area," I said.

"I got that covered," A voice said behind me, which I turned around seeing Qrow.

"Qrow..." Summer said.

"How ya doing old man?" I said jokingly.

"Hey, I'm not old and aren't you over 100 years old?" Qrow said.

"Yeah, but that's considered young to us guardians," I said crossing my arms.

He chuckled, "Yeah, you guardians. So where have you been?"

"Dead, I got revived a month after the Fall of Beacon," I said.

"Oh, sorry about not looking for you and stuff," Qrow said.

"Don't worry about it," I said, "It's not like it's the first time I've died,"

"Hey, how about we separate and scout the area," Qrow said taking out his flask and taking a swig from it, "That way we can cover more ground,"

"Sounds like a plan," I said.

"Well, I talk to you later," Qrow said walking away.

"Same to you," I said going the opposite direction.

(And that's chapter 2, sorry for the wait. So, just to speed up the process I'll only be doing Mystogen's and the group aka Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Qrow's journey to Mistral. I just wanted to give ya notice on that. But besides that, goodbye and take care!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 1.9K 20
What happens when a ghost finds its way to Remnant and meets a boy? What will become of them? And what if the boys shrouded history? First story so...
1K 22 12
Note this is my first story I will improve as time goes on so don't mind a few mistakes here and there also I own nothing Rwby is owned by rooster te...
12.2K 113 14
Mystogen goes back to Remnant but not on a mission but for his own reasons. Visions sent to his mind showing destruction of a place but these have be...
2.2K 2 22
Time has passed since the fall of Beacon and with team RWBY split apart, Ruby travels with what remains of team JNPR and former criminals Roman and N...