My Only Love [PG13+] *EDITING*

By falleninfinitybooks

"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to tr... More

My Only Love [PG13+]
Prologue
1. Found
2. Slowly by Slowly..
3. Blackouts
4. The Cold Truth
5. Unfortunate Meetings
6. Forget Me
7. Realization
8. Greeted by Death.
9. The Ritual
10. I'm Yours.
12. Pup's Out of the Bag
13. On the Road
14. Mark Me
15. Long Lost, Finally Found
16. Proposal
17. The Sacrifice
18. Falling Into Place
19. Our Last Night
20. The Biggest Betrayal
21. Heartbeats
22. Death Is Kindest
23. There Is Only Heartbreak
24. The Healing
25. What Is Life?
26. The Second First Date
Epilogue
Acknowledgement & Sequel News
SEQUEL NOW UP!
HELP YOU AMAZING PEOPLE!

11. First Date

14.6K 233 17
By falleninfinitybooks

The title says it all! This is Jarred & Gabrielle's first date. I hope I don't disappoint as I put some thought into this :) I'm so thankful for the reading support as well as the comments and/or voting :) You're awesome and you always make me smile. I don't know if the story is progressing too fast or too slow or if there is anything missing so if there is--could you point it out? :) Anyway, thank's so much for the votes and everything! You guys have no idea how much this means to me! 
This is one of the longest chapters I think I've had so far and I don't know...writing it made me smile! The chapter title DOES say it all. I hope you like it and Fan/Comment/Vote!
P.S. Picture at the side is of Gabrielle and her clothes AND her expression when Jarred see's her in it. 
P.P.S. I don't know if you've seen it yet so I'm putting it up there too :) On the side is the TRIAL TRAILER for My Only Love :) 
P.P.P.S. This chapter's dedication goes out to CAUGHTINAHAZE for her lovely comment on Ch. 9 :) 
Fan/Comment/Vote! x 

*********************************** 

Eleven
Jarred’s POV

“We’ll have dinner tonight, then?” I ask, hopeful. I brought her some food and let her back inside the room she had before. I thought of asking her to stay at my room...I figured it would be too soon...for her. I sighed inwardly at the thought of her in my room—wearing my clothes.

I tried to shake the thoughts out but I just couldn’t—Gabrielle started to blush. Yes, Gabby. Just welcome yourself into my mind. I thought and grinned at her. Her blush made her delicate face look so much more alluring—I wanted to...

But then I stopped myself. She was listening—reading whatever it was. I wanted her in my head but I also wanted to be in hers. Somehow—though she was giving us a chance, I had a feeling she wouldn’t be too ready for that...yet.

Her words rung in my ears: ‘I’m yours’. The confidence and trust in her tone were obvious and I think this was her way of telling me she would trust me. And I had to make sure I didn’t screw up. She chewed on the omelette I brought up for her slowly—seeing her eat made me feel full...was this weird? I don’t know but I feel like this was an intimate thing...

But then again...anything...ANYTHING, that had to do with Gabby was somewhat intimate. I think this is because the closer we avoided each other, the more or paths would cross as our destiny would need us to be with each other.

Ugh.

I sound like a freaking girl. This was so not right!

“So?” I ask again, she looks up then back at me—her eyes mirroring my own hopeful expression. Maybe she was really going to work hard to trust me.

“If that’s what you call a proposal for a date then consider my answer a no.” She said jokingly. She cracked a smile the returned her attention back on the omelette.

“Would you like chocolate and flowers then?” I ask, having an idea instantly. I tried to blur my head with thoughts in case she was listening in...no peeking, Gabby. I thought but she was paying attention to her food. Good.

“Who doesn’t like chocolates and flowers?” she asks, her words muffled because she was chewing and speaking. Most guys would be turned off but a muffled Gabby was kind of cute... “Stop thinking about me...” she says.

“Why not?”

“It’s embarrassing.”

“You’re my mate. You’re supposed to be my first thought in the morning when I wake and the last thought I have before I close my eyes at night.”

“Why? Am I not what you think of when you wake up and before you go to bed?” she asks, sounding slightly disappointed.

“You are. I think of you before I go to sleep—I think that I want you next to me so that if I have a nightmare in the middle of the night, I could look at you and it would disappear. I do wake up with you as my first thought in the morning and I want to think of how you’d look like—messy bed hair and everything. I want to think of you in between the day, what you’re doing or where you are. I want you to consume my thoughts.” I say, running out of breath. God...this was so embarrassing.

But her expression made it so worth it.

She stopped eating and stared at me like...like I could walk on water. A small smile was curving to her lips and she finally gave in and grinned. “You sound like a stalker.”

“If that’s how you think of it, that’s okay. But I do want you to consume my thoughts.”

“I know.” She whispers, then adds: “I want you to consume mine too.” A weird expression crept up her face and she wipes it away almost instantly. I wanted to ask her what was up but I think that maybe it would have ruined the ‘moment’ we were having from my confession. “So where are we going tonight?” she asks, interrupting my thoughts.

“Somewhere special...do you like surprises, Gabby?”

She grins. “I love them.”

“Then you’ll love what I have in store for you tonight.”

***
“She’s driving me insane.” I said quietly to myself. I left her in the room when Corrine interrupted. Apparently she couldn’t even go near Gabby but my grandmother did something—as a healer she could reform broken bonds. They weren’t in the same pack anymore but because of Gabby’s ‘restraining order’ to Corrine they really couldn’t be in the same room without one of them feeling some sort of shock.

It took a while but my grandmother managed to reform their bond and now Corrine was with Gabby...her face when she saw her friend. I don’t think I’d ever seen so much relief in Gabby’s face...I felt somewhat proud for being able to reunite her and her friend together.

I called Jordan up to the woods with me but he was shopping for engagement rings. He wanted to propose to Corrine—because of the pack and our open minds, he knew he had to do it soon so that it would be a surprise for her.

I wanted to surprise Gabby too....and I would. Tonight.

I had numerous thoughts...I could bring her to the  movies? But this was a first date and I didn’t want to creep my arm around her shoulder like a fourteen year old kid. We were way past the high school stage—I would never be able to profess my love for her in front of so many hormone-filled teenagers. I wasn’t about to bring her to some rich restaurant—she wasn’t like those materialistic girls who only care about what guys could give them rather than what guys could actually offer.

No. I needed to do something from my heart. She liked surprises—hopefully this would move her and tug on her poor, cold heart. I was going to do all I could so that I could get to her—reach her heart and make her mine. Technically—I would save Gabby.

“Been waiting long?” Jordan asks, interrupting my thoughts. He looks really disappointed.

“Didn’t find a ring?”

“Nothing said, ‘Corey’.” He sighed, and ran his hands through his hair—he looked tired.

I had a thought. “Your dad. Ask your dad for your mom’s ring.”

He stops, hand in his head and he nods. “Why didn’t I think of that?”

“Cause your lovesick.” I stated.

A smile instantly plastered on his face. “Thanks man. What would I do without you?”

“I don’t know. Now would be the right time to ask me if I would be your best man?”

“Who said you would be my best man?” he frowned.

I raised both my brows. “I’m not your best man?”

“Of course you are. You’re my best friend.” He said, grinning. “Now, what’s up? How’s Elle?”

“She’s okay. Making me insane though.”

“Girls do that to you.” He said, clearly agreeing with me—but I’m betting my life that he mirrored the same, loved expression as I did. “So, there must be a reason you called me up other than to whine like a bitch?”

“I have not been whining like a bitch!”

“Yeah, yeah. You’re like a brother to me Jarred but the past couple of days—you’ve been whining like a bitch.” Jordan moved to one of the giant rocks and leaned against it, brushing his knees and then looking up at me.

The forest calmly rattled, trees moving on their spot. I felt bad for the trees sometimes—as chicky as it sounded I felt like they were rooted to the ground and could watch everything change around them whilst they were stuck there. It didn’t seem fair.

I sighed. “I want to decorate the forest.”

“That sounds stupid, you realize?”

“It’s for Gabby. I want...I want to make it gorgeous for her. Some of the she-wolves have agreed to cook for Gabrielle and I and I want to have a midnight picnic. This seemed like the best place. It’s the only part of this forest that doesn’t have a canopy to block the sky. I have a feeling she’ll appreciate it.”

“Dude she will.” He said, agreeing as if he knew something I didn’t.

“What do you know that I don’t?” I asked, eyebrow raised.

“Alot of things...but Cores might have mentioned that Elle like’s stars.” He shrugged.

“Thanks man.” I grinned. “This is going to be a night I won’t let her forget.”

Gabrielle’s POV

“I have missed you.” She said, hugging me tighter and tighter.

“Corey—can’t—breathe!” I said and she instantly let go, allowing me to gulp the air around me. She hadn’t changed much—still the same gorgeous, dark haired, long legged girl that I left at this very same house. She seemed almost content but there was a sadness that was there—I didn’t want to ask her about it. I felt like it somehow had something to do with me.

“So...no ‘I’ve missed you too, Corey’?” She asked, frowning.

“I’ve missed you too, Corey.” I said, and I felt...okay. I mean—my mate was god knows where planning our...date. I was more than okay. I felt like for once—I didn’t want to look like some easy pick up. I wasn’t really. I just liked to tease the guys and end up kicking them in the balls or something. I know it sounds bad....this was my compensation for the bastard who ruined me.

Thinking of him again sent a painful shiver up my spine—painful, because I’d only just been able to move again. My body was stiff—unwavering and my wolf refused to stretch her legs. She felt like I needed to be human. After all—she thought that my decision to let Jarred in was a good one. I thought so too.

“Why are you smiling?” she asks, sounding assuming. “It’s Jarred isn’t it?” she asks, elbowing me a little.

We both sat in the guest room—not the same room I’d spent the night in last time but a decent sized room with a few pieces of furniture and a balcony overlooking the forest. I sad by Corrine with our heads against the headboard after Jarred left us. I could tell he was reluctant to leave but he seemed excited about something...I think he was excited for tonight.

“It might just be.” I said, quietly. She turned around actually looking surprised. He was my mate, right? Why shouldn’t I go on a date with  him? “Why the face?” I frowned, looking at her.”

“Elle...the whole pack, well we know you’ve decided to allow Jarred in but why does it feel like you might one day pack up and get?” I saw where her question was going and I think my facial expression gave me away and she instantly apologized. “Sorry! I didn’t mean it like that. I mean—I know what you go through, Elle. After witnessing your bitch of a mom do that to you? I feel like at some point you might just leave him...broken and everything.”

“I don’t know if I can do that anymore.” I said, my voice barely a whisper.

She gasped. “You know he’s your mate...is it possible that y-you can feel the deepness of it all?”

I nodded. “I know I don’t love him...I barely know the guy. I understand that you and Jordan found each other and BOOM, fall in love. But with me...I won’t let myself fall for someone who barely knows me. I like Jarred...I can feel the attraction and I know the deepness of it...the sincerity of how he feels for me. I’m tired of running, Corey. I want to give this a chance.”

“There’s something you’re not telling me.” She said.

Why should I have to lie? “Yes. There’s plenty of things I’m not telling you. But for now...could you maybe help me dress real nice for Jarred? This is after all, our first date.”

She grinned. “I’m excited. I’ve never seen Jarred so happy— ” her words pierced my heart.

Yes...I stopped listening after that. Rude as it may be I didn’t want to hear how depressed Jarred was when he realized I was his mate and I...had rejected him. It hurt me to think I hurt him—me, the person who was his soul mate. I was practically born for him.

Now—only now did I agree to try and everything—our mateship was going to be started with some date. I’m sure as an Alpha, Jarred’s pride had been forced down. I realize that as an Alpha he’s supposed to be strong—powerful. He was supposed to take me when he could to make the pack stronger—to make him stronger.

For a moment I felt bad because I thought maybe he’d only want to mate with me because I was a Riser and if we were mated we would be able to share each other’s strength, hence my power. But...Jarred didn’t force me. He didn’t do anything but try and help me. I mentally punch myself in the face whilst my wolf grins. She thought I deserved to be hit for thinking of Jarred badly too.

I couldn’t help it though...and now...after tonight I would have to break the news to him—to Corey. They just moved her to relocate, to start afresh and claim new territory. I didn’t want the territory to myself—for a wolf, I wasn’t that territorial. The land wasn’t originally mine anyway but now—because of the squabble I have with the bastard and my mothers’ pack....I had to fight to defend it.

Fight to defend Jarred.

This battle was surely going to be a dogs battle.

See the irony in that?

“Elle...are you listening to me?” her voice brought me from my thoughts and I nodded. “I have a few dresses that might suit you for tonight.” She said, smiling.

“Then let’s get to it.”

Jarred’s POV

“Happy with the outcome, your highness?” Cruz—one of the fifteen year old kids asked, looking tired and slightly annoyed.

“Cruz, I didn’t ask you to help.”

“Yeah but Jordan did and we have to do what we’re told.” Cruz whined.

“Stop being such a baby and get outta here. I’ve got to get my girl.” I said, smiling at the thought.

It was perfect. The forest was transformed into something completely gorgeous...and it was Gabby’s and mine. Mine and Gabby’s. Ours. Fuck! I was getting so cheesy. I’m not this cheesy...I’ve never been corny. I’ve never even had a proper girlfriend. I shook my head and the rest of the kids who helped set up were looking at me.

“What?”

“You’re a wuss, Jarred.” Cruz stated.

“Wait till you find your mate then tell me whose a wuss, ‘kay?” I ask teasingly.

He blushed pink and turned to one of the amber haired girls. I was sure she wasn’t his mate otherwise they would be together and I would know. But he looked at her like she had all the secrets—she paid no attention to him but was bossing around one of the little boys who was starting to mess up the fairy lights. “Shut up.” He muttered.

I grinned. “You kids get outta here. It’s time.”

When I got to the forest...I was awestruck. I knew she would like it because...I don’t know. The simplicity of it was so Gabrielle—but the fierceness of the forest was the fire in her. I had gone back to the house—briefly, to change and make sure that Corrine had things under control. Apparently, Corrine and Gabby were locked up in Corrine and Jordan’s room and had been locked up there for nearly four hours.

I actually stood for five minutes—outside Corrine and Jordan’s room just hoping that maybe Gabby would come out of the room and surprise me with her beauty. I had to admit—I was pretty excited myself. This was our first date.

It was going to be a night to remember.

The kids scattered and I ran back with them, hoping I didn’t mess up my clothes. I changed into a clean, fitted shirt that had a V at the front. Wherever I went—girls would look at me, simply because I wore that shirt. It was ‘the shirt’. Maybe it’s cause they saw my muscles through it or whatever but they liked it...alot.

I figured Gabby might appreciate it. I grinned as I reached the front door of the house, straightening myself so I didn’t look like a hobo or something just because of the running. I had pieces of wood on my faded, denim blue jeans and I patted them away. I pressed the doorbell like some good old gentle man and smiled as Corrine opened the door.

“Is she ready?”

“You didn’t have to ring the bell.” Corrine said, not answering my question. “But I guess there are those of us who think that’s cute.”

I grinned. That mean’s Gabby likes my gentlemanly manner. That ALSO means Gabby’s ready. “Can I come in, Mrs Richardson?” I ask, deliberately calling Corrine a Mrs Richardson—Jordan’s last name. She blushed.

Man was I on a roll!

“You may come in, young man.” She said, looking straight at me in a motherly type manner. Problem is...she actually sounded like a mother too. All worrying and independent yet somehow still sweet and nurturing. She was perfect for Jordan’s ‘rough-around-the-edges’ attitude.

I walked inside and my jaw dropped.

I literally looked like an idiot. “H-hi.” I stuttered, looking at her.

I expected something like what I was wearing. Of course Gabby didn’t dress all fancy either. She wore a simple white dress. Above the knee, flowing and long sleeved. The sleeves were flowy and puffed and she wore a long  necklace. She looked like a princess—as normal as her clothes were. She looked taller with her wedges and her hair was tousled, messy and gorgeous.

“Hey.” She whispered shyly, her hand holding her hair, her face twisted in a shy, embarrassed expression. “You look great.” She countered.

“That’s my line.”

She laughed. “Find your own.”

“You look gorgeous.”

She looked away. I stared. Corrine coughed. “Okay you crazy kids. Get back before ten.”

“Ten?!” Gabby and I ask in unison—confusion etched in our faces.

Corrine looked at both of us impassively. “Guys—this is your first date. You want to do eleven a.m.?”

Oh. I laughed—Gabby did too. We did not expect that. “Right,” I started to say. “We’ll be back before ten...a.m.” I looked at Gabby whose mouth dropped at my words. “I’m kidding” I mouthed at her. She looked relieved...like she thought that I would keep her out for that long.

Of course. Gabby’s past had clearly been horrible. She would always expect the worst. I sighed. “O...kay.” Corrine said, watching the exchange between Gabby and I.

“We should get going.” Gabby and I both said in unison.

We both blushed, Gabby more than me. Corrine allowed us before telling us ‘Go have fun, kids’. And we both nodded before she shut the door. I looked up and found Gabby looking at me.

“So...?” she asked, hoping to know what was about to happen.

“I need you to put this on and follow me.”

She frowned and did so anyway.

Gabrielle’s POV

“I need you to put this on and follow me.” Jarred said, pulling something out of his back pocket and dangling it in front of my face.

I looked at the silver blindfold in Jarred’s hand and I felt my jaw start to drop...I wasn’t sure if I should have taken it but he looked so...excited. It was scary—taking it from him. My ultimate sign of trust—that I would blindfold myself and follow someone who I’d barely known for ten minutes. Sure Jarred and I had talked—bumped into each other alot and sure, we did talk alot just today but it wasn’t enough.

His words repeated themself in my head ‘I want you to consume my thoughts.’ Well done, Jarred Blakely. You’ve certainly consumed my thoughts now. I thought feeling weary. The dress Corrine had picked out for me was so...innocent. I mean, don’t get me wrong—I loved it. It was flowy and gorgeous—Jarred seemed to like it alot. Except it looked so...pure. It made me feel wrong to wear white...it was why I avoided the color.

Jarred had his hands around my waist, leading somewhere. I wished I’d gone against Corey and wore flats instead because wearing the wedges made me about as tall as Jarred’s neck—I could feel his hot breath against my ear. I had to lean into him for support since I was practically blinded but I could feel his breaths ragged, nervous.

Finally we stopped—I could smell so many things, roses, lilies, orchids, peonies—other types of flowers, something roasted...beef? There was also a tangy smell to the air but I knew we were still in the forest, I could hear the wind dancing around the trees—their leaves and branches in-sync, humming their own beautiful lament.

I always felt bad for trees. The fact that they were stuck to the ground and unable to leave made me feel like they could witness all the sadness in the world and never be able to run away. I sighed aloud and shifted the way I stood.

“Stand still, Gabby, you might trip over something.” Jarred ordered—his voice was far away.

It was all I could do and not rip out the blindfold. Suddenly I felt someone huff in front of me, then they took a deep breath and said: “Okay, time to take it off.”

I ripped the blindfold off and gasped. It was...well, it was magical.

I never thought I would see something so amazing—the trees were all surrounding us like a sort of gate—there were some giant rocks covered in moss and...fairy lights. It was everywhere—there could have been a thousand there—making the forest look like a dim Utopia. They covered the branches of the trees, enough to light the darkness of the forest but enough to show the beauty of it. The moss covered rocks were also covered in fairy lights, this made the moss a beautiful emerald green colour.

You could say I was impressed but when I looked around even more—the sky caught my eye the most. I didn’t think this forest had an open view of the sky. I mean—I had been here numerous times, not to shift but to star gaze. It was always so hard because there was an endless canopy roofing over me—covering the sky.

But this part was wide open—the stars lighting up the midnight-blue to black sky. The moon—the brightest star of all, gazing down on Jarred and I.

I looked at him and felt tears nearly spring out of my eyes. He saw this and caressed my cheek—nearing the part of my cheekbone which was close to my eye. I gasped at the feel of his touch—he felt so close. The fact that we were alone made it only so much better.

I wanted him.

But I couldn’t do this—couldn’t let my hormones catch up to me and just push him on the ground and take him. I wanted to get to know him.

“You know...” he said. “I’d do anything to also be able to be at your thoughts.”

“I know.” I said, knowing his honesty dragged his Alpha status even more. Alpha’s weren’t this honest...were they?

My dad was. I sighed—I didn’t want my stupid thoughts ruin this night. This was going to be perfect. “I like what you’ve done to the place.”

His hand was still at my face and as soon as he dropped it, I felt a sudden emptiness. I felt a need for his touch. Fuck. This was not my night.

“It was thanks to half the kids in the pack.” He said, shrugging. “Being Alpha has its perks.”

“You mean being Alpha has ALL the perks.” I grinned.

He took my hand and I felt my cheeks warm at the feel of his rough palms—mine were soft. Against his made it feel like it was what was missing from me. Like his rough palms needed to be with mine to feel complete.

We sat on this giant square picnic blanket on the ground. I couldn’t help but glance again at my beautiful surroundings. This had taken me off guard and I didn’t even notice the food before us. It wasn’t steamy but I knew it was hot. Roast Beef was on this giant white plate that was on top of a mini table that reached just above my stomach. There were two glasses and I felt panic rise up as soon as I realized they were wine glasses.

I think Jarred could read my thoughts because he says: “Don’t stress. I wanted to have fancy glasses but we’re having Iced Tea or Coke.” He smiled.

Wow. Where could you find guys who didn’t want you drunk...oh right...here. I looked at my gorgeous mate—his hair had been pushed back, no longer flopping at his forehead. His deep blue eyes caught me and his skin glistened over the starry night.

“Let’s eat?” he asked.

We did. It was delicious. In between me chewing and him asking me random, basic questions I asked him: “Why are you asking questions like that?”

He threw up his hands in a ‘I-give-up’ like manner and said: “I was just asking what your favourite animal was, relax.”

“No—not at all what I meant. I mean, why are you asking me questions that are irrelevant to my past...why aren’t you asking me about what my mother did to me or—,”

He cut me off. “Because this wouldn’t be a very good first date if I jump straight to the hard limits. After all, Miss Brandt—we hardly know each other and you’re already bringing up your mother?” he asks, mocking sarcasm.

At this I had to laugh. “Thank you....for understanding.”

“Thank you...for laughing. I like your laugh. Is it weird if I say it sounds magical?”

I thought. “Nope.” I said popping the ‘p’. “We are magical creatures that shouldn’t exist, after all.” I commented and took another bite at my roast beef. It had a gorgeous gravy with it—Diane Sauce, I think—with roasted vegetables and steamed cauliflower.

“No—wolves exist. It’s vampires that don’t.” Jarred grinned.

“How do we know that?” I ask smartly.

“Because if vampires exist and they’re like—our ‘mortal enemy’—,” he said putting his two fingers up in peace signs, a gesture people made when they were mocking something. “—then we would have crossed paths by now—created some boundaries.”

“Good point.”

“I know.”

We ate like that for a while and when we finished he cleaned up. I was surprised that when I asked to help—he said he’d like to do it himself— “I want to do this for you, Gabby.” He said.

Whenever he said ‘Gabby’ I felt a pang of pain and desperation. Pain because I remembered what my dear old father called me. Desperation because I felt like I so badly wanted Jarred but I held myself back. My wolf growled at me in frustration as Jarred packed everything up and sat down beside me, taking a container out of the picnic basket that held the drinks and laying it over our mini tables.

“You okay?”

“I’m great.” I replied—too quickly. He would have noticed what was wrong so I added: “This is...amazing Jarred. I’d never actually thought I would be able to go out on a date. And somewhere like this? I’m glad it wasn’t something cliché like the movies or a fancy restaurant.”

“I’m pretty imaginative so you’re lucky.”

I am? “I am?” I asked, eyebrows raised.

“You are. Because I will never be anyone else’s but yours. I told you Gabby. I’d wait. I’d wait a thousand years before I would ever give you up and even then—maybe when I’m dead I’ll give you up.” He said like he said it everyday.

I felt blood rise up my cheeks. Here I was worrying about being close to him when he was giving me his heart and soul. I decided to make this lighter feeling his intense blue eyes gazing at me in...adoration...awe?

A thousand years?” I asked. “You’re over dramatic.”

“Yeah...I’m hoping I’d only have to wait a while till you give in to my charms.” He winked.

I was glad I was sitting because my legs would shake terribly—give in to him and run into his arms. We had some distance...good.... I think. “Well...” I said, hoping to aim for honesty too. “I’m hoping you wouldn’t have to wait long too.”

“You wanna know something Gabby?”

Everything. “Yeah, why not?”

“I think...I think that I love you.”

Isn’t that too soon? My good mood vanished and out came out pounce-y Gabrielle. “I think your insane.” I snapped.

“Relax. I don’t expect you to say it anytime soon but you’re giving us a chance...right?” he said, his voice breaking at the end. He obviously didn’t know me well.

I didn’t know me well but Corrine did. She knew I might open my eyes—go bipolar and leave him. I stared at him—he looked away now. Just waiting for my answer. I knew I wanted him—god did I want him. I felt the strong pull I had for him.

But did I love him?

Maybe soon...but not yet...I needed to be...honest with him first. I needed him to be safe. I needed to be able to protect him and their pack...I needed to know I could love him and stay with him and protect a future for the both of us.

“I’m giving us a chance.” I said.

My decision was final. I leapt up, going closer to him, leaning towards him. His eyes widened in registration. One of his hands were now curled around my waist, the other holding my chin. We looked at each other in silence till I said.

“I don’t love you...yet. But I know I will. I just need time.”

He nodded—but I needed more. More proof that I could build something with him.

I surprised us both when I leaned forward and kissed him. The explosion in the kiss was raw and maximised. I could feel every cell in my body awaken—my bones felt somehow stronger. I felt the blood in my skin grow hotter and I felt like I could explode. It was soft and his lips were too, he licked my bottom lip—asking me for entrance.

I gladly gave in and our kiss deepened—his tongue in my mouth felt so right and we were both fighting for dominace—it scared me but it also made me feel stronger. I kissed him harder and his arms tightened around me, making me end up seated on his lap.

I could feel his friend pushing up—wanting to come out but I ignored it—even if the feel of it in my butt made me want him even more. Both my hands were in his hair, feeling the softness of his soft brown locks. His other hand was on my neck, rubbing in gently as we kissed.

I could feel myself need air—so badly that when we pulled away I felt like I had just gotten out of some kind of drowning incident.

I was still sitting on him and his arms were still around me. He leaned forward and nuzzled his head in my neck and we sat there, hugging each other.

“I love you, Gabby.” He said.

His words don’t scare me anymore...instead they drive me to say something else. 

“You’re mine, Jarred.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 4K 22
Emily Claire's world is turned upside down when she and her destiny mate found together. She has lived from house to house and she's finally turned 1...
7.8K 275 22
I smiled as I watched my closest friends be happy. That's all I've ever wanted, right? Make those around me happy, but it's hard sometimes. It's hard...
2.2M 74.3K 49
COMPLETED - (book 2) Updated version now available on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited with an extra bonus chapter at the end! "I stood there for...
78.5K 831 27
Aza has nothing. No family and no life worth living. After being shoved into a overwhelming home and family, she realizes they aren't as nice as they...