Stone Heart

By MariFer_xx

{Will be taken down for editing on Sept 5th} It's easy to love when you have a normal thumping heart, but it'... More

Chapter 1- I Don't Think So
Chapter 2- Captured
Chapter 4- Mine
Chapter 5- Images
Chapter 6- Spiders and Daniel
Chapter 7- The Towel
A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY READERS
Chapter 8- Cookies
Next Update
Chapter 9- Cookies Part Two
Chapter 10- Him
Chapter 11- The Note
Chapter 12- The Escape
Chapter 13- Moments Like These
Chapter 14- Luna Chloe
Chapter 15- Daniel- Not
Chapter 16- Daniel- Not Part two
Chapter 17- Misunderstandings
Chapter 18- Frenemies
Chapter- 19 Apologies
Ignore/ Skip
Restricted Book
Trailer Testing...
Chapter 20- A Visit Back 'Home'
Ignore/Skip
Chapter 21- Gone
Chapter 22- Home
Chapter 23- Pink-aniel
Chapter 24- Butterflies
GOOD NEWS TO YOU BABES!
Chapter 25- A Walk Down the Isle
SooryNotSorry

Chapter 3- Smile and Run

122K 4K 350
By MariFer_xx

I woke up to the morning sunlight that made my eyes shut back up. With a groan, I got up to take a shower.  My suitcases near the door, so I took out some clothes. It was getting boring just being up here, so I decided to go explore the house.

At the last five steps of the stairs, my clumsiness kicked in and I tripped and fell. I rubbed my bottom that was in pain and stood up.

"Ms. Puetty Lady, are you okay?" A small voice asked from below me. I looked down and saw a cute little girl.

"Awww," I cooed as I crouched down to be level with her. "Yeah I'm okay. Just a bit clumsy that's all," I chuckled. She smiled at me as her hand reached out to touch my hair.

"Your hair is so puetty and soft. Also wet." I guess her two missing front teeth made it hard to pronounce some words.

"Thank you, your hair is pretty too. Tell me, what's your name?" I asked with a smile.

"Megan, what's your name?"

"That's a really pretty name. My name's Chloe," as I said my name, her eyes twinkled.

"That's so puetty!" She exclaimed and I chuckled at her amusement.

"Megan, is there anything fun around here we can do?" She gasped and her eyes held excitement.

"We could take a walk in the woods, there's a sequet place that I found, but you cannot tell nobody," she said, whispering the last part.

"I promise," I said as I stood back up. She reached her hand out and I gladly took it.

We walked and walked in the woods talking, well, more like me answering all her questions.

"Okay, this is it," she said as we stood in front of a tall, green, hedge.

"Uhh... Megan, we can't go any further in," I replied as she started to search for something at the bottom of the hedge.

"I found it!" She exclaimed as the removed some of the bottom branches and crawled in.

"C'mon!"I heard her shout from the other side. How the heck was I supposed to fit in that small opening? Oh well, I got down and started crawling through the opening. I felt the branches scratching at my legs and I winced.

"Are you okay, Coey?" Megan asked as she looked at my legs. I followed her gaze and I saw a bunch of small scratches, some of them had blood smeared around.

"Yeah, I'm alright. They're just small cuts," I responded, although it sounded like I was trying to convince myself. I looked around and my jaw almost dropped. We were in a beautiful meadow surrounded by more hedges that were in a circle. The variety of flowers were endless and each shone with bright colors. In the middle, was a huge oak tree with a swing attached to one of the branches.

"Wow," I breathed out.

"I know." I almost forgot I wasn't alone.

"Race ya!" Megan shouted as she ran towards the tree.

"Hey! No fair!" I called out as I ran to catch up. Of course I really didn't try because she was small and it was cute watching her run. We took turns on the swing laughing and the then playing hide and seek through the tall field. Watching her smile and laugh while her eyes twinkled was enough to make me smile. Her happiness was so contagious.

We were currently laying down in the middle of the meadow watching the blue sky above us, on top of soft flowers that felt like a mattress.

"We should head home before my mommy gets worried," she said from beside me.

"Okay." We walked towards the darn deadly opening. The cuts that were made earlier were replaced by new ones.

"Thank you for showing me this place, Megan." I dusted myself off.

"You're welcome." She smiled. We walked hand in hand back to the house-no- mansion. As we got closer, we heard multiple voices, one of them being louder than the rest.

"- ant people checking the north side of the border. Derrek, check the south side and make sure to check every fucking inch of our territory. Find her!" He roared as the pack members scrambled to find whoever was missing.

"Go with your mommy, Megan." She looked frightened, but obliged nevertheless. I walked towards Daniel who was rubbing his face with his hands and then running them down his hair. God that was attractive.

"What's going on?" I asked him. At the sound of my voice, he snapped his head up and looked at me. His eyes flashed relieve, then anger.

"Where the hell have you been? I have a whole search team looking for you. What were you thinking?" He started yelling at me with cold eyes while coming closer to me.

"I just went out for a walk, you can call the search team off I'm here," I said nonchalantly which caused his eyes to start turning black. Oops. I only thought of two things to do, smile and run! And that's what I did.

At first he looked surprised by my smile, but I only saw him for two seconds before dashing towards the mansion. I heard him calling me to stop but with anger lacing his voice, I did the opposite and kept running. I started getting tired even though I had only ran for about three minutes. Wow, I thought being a werewolf and all, I would at least be able to run, but nope. I was truly unfit for this.

I ran upstairs with the last of energy I had, but on the same darn step I tripped earlier, I tripped again. I felt an arm go around my waist from behind and a chest hit by back.

"Wrong move, kitten," he said from behind me.

"Eh, I had a long shot, kitty." He growled at 'kitty' which cause me to smile.

"Don't call me that," he growled in my ear.

"Okay... kitty." That seem to have done it. He threw me over his shoulder and ran upstairs. Wow, he was so fit, I can feel his muscles flexing under me. Interesting images flashed in my head with us in a very promising pos- Oh My God, Jewel!

Sorry to say Chloe, but that was all you, Jewel said in my head. Lord help me for I have sinned...

He stopped mid stair case, I felt him stiffen under me.

"Why do have a bunch of scratches on your legs?" He asked in a low voice and then he put me down to face him. His eyes were trained on my scratched legs and I started fidgeting under his stare.

"Answer the question, Chloe." Oh God the way he said my name.

"Uhh... I fell on a bush," I responded looking everywhere but his eyes that were intensely staring a me.

"You fell on a bush?" He asked in a tone that said 'I-don't-believe-you-so-you-better-tell-me-the-truth'.

"Yes, it was green and it was on the ground." I mentally face palmed myself for me very unintelligent response.

"It wasn't flying mid air then?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest, mocking me.

"No," I said through gritted teeth.

He took my hand and led me towards the bathroom. I tried ignoring his electrifying touch, but it was impossible. He took me by the waist as if I weighed nothing and sat me on top of the marble counter top. He opened a cabinet from below me and took out alcohol wipes and a few cotton balls. Oh how I hate those alcohol wipes.

"Uhh, you know what? I think there is no need for those alcohol wipes, I don't want to waste such... wipes," I mumbled while eyeing the closed packaged in his hand. I looked up to meet his amused eyes.

"No, don't worry. I have plenty more," he stated even though I'm pretty sure he figured out I didn't want the wipes.

"I don't want them."

"You have no choice."

"Says who?"

"Me."

"No."

"Yes."

I jumped of the countertop, but he easily caught me with his long arms.

"Why do you keep running away from me?" He asked as he locked gazes with me. I think I saw hurt flash through his eyes, but it was replaced by that blank, emotionless face.

"I'm not running from you," I said with sincerely. It was true, I ran from his anger earlier, not him in general. His eyes searched through mine, probably trying to find any sign of me lying and when he found none, he sighed.

"Done," he said proudly.

"What?"

"I'm done cleaning your cuts," he said as he threw the used wipes away. I looked down at my legs and sure enough, they were cleaned.

"But yo-" I looked up to find the bedroom door shutting and he was no longer here.

Darn Kitty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...
1.2M 33.3K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
3.7M 81.7K 26
Alexis Lee finds her possessive Alpha mate, Dylan Zanders. Not only is he the Alpha, he happens to be popular and quite the ladies man. He has quite...
570K 16.2K 34
I was never appreciated for who I was. I was tossed aside and left to rot for a mistake I made many years ago, a mistake that haunted me my entire li...