Chapter 24- Butterflies

"Where are you taking me?" I asked Daniel who was driving me. I had a blindfold because he said it was a surprise.

"You'll see, babe. Don't be impatient , I'll make the wait worth it," I heard him answer. The back of his hand brushed my cheek. The car came to a stop and I reached for the blindfold. A hand stopped mine and I jolted. "No, Chloe. Not yet." The door to my side was opened and Daniel took my hand, leading me to God knows where. I wasn't worried because I trusted Daniel wholeheartedly.

"Almost there... and we're here," the blindfold came off and I stood there, paralyzed on the spot. A crystal, clear lake surrounded by colorful flowers and bright, green trees stood before us. Birds and butterflies flew around us and all I could do was admire everything like an idiot.

"Daniel I... It's beautiful-how- whe-" He chuckled and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I found it not too long ago when I was on a territorial check and the first thing that came into mind was you," his brown eyes burned through mine with love. 

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you. For these past months, I've done so many crazy things because of you. Things that I wouldn't change because of you. I never thought that someone like you would end up with someone like me, but some how, you did. I've killed so many people because of decisions I had to make for the pack and I was sure that I would never have my mate, my Luna to be by my side to help me throughout everything because of those decisions. 

"Kitten, you're the most beautiful person in the world and I thought I should let you know. As a matter of fact, I'll remind you every damn day that goes by so you don't forget it. But I guess what I'm trying to say is," Daniel took out a small box and dropped a knee. My heart pounded louder and harder and I'm sure he heard it because he smiled. A gold ring with a diamond in the middle and smaller diamonds surrounding them, were revealed. 

"Chloe Waters, you said I stole your heart, will you do me the honor of getting back at me by stealing my last name? Will you grow old with me and rock your rocking chair beside me? Will you spend the rest of you life with me? Will you marry me?" His eyes looked deeply into mine as his voice grew softer and quieter at  the end. My vision blurred and I nodded my head.

"Yes. Yes I will marry you," I finally managed out. He smiled and slipped the ring on. When he stood I hugged him tight and then kissed him. Daniel and I were laying on the soft grass as we talked and talked about our future together. His pink hair actually did him a favor... I laughed at the thought.

 The ring on my hand, announcing that I was only his and no one would change that.

*************_______________**************

** AUTHOR'S NOTE**

OMFG the epilogue is next!!! This went by so fast I want to cry!

THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU

-MariFer