Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

By Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... More

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 29 - The Rescue
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 40 - The Answer Is
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 47 - New York, New York
Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase

1.1K 73 10
By Cocoa47

Kam's POV

If I am really pregnant, both Layla and I need to get out of here. Morning sickness is here. I heard some commotion outside my room.

"The boss says we need to move these two to the Tampa house now!"

One of the bodyguards entered my room. "Let's get moving! You're going to Tampa now." I mustered up the little energy I had and got up off the bed. After stepping out of the room, I finally saw Layla.

"Layla, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, Kam, that I couldn't do anything to stop him," she said with tears as we grabbed each other's hands and went down the steps.

"Layla, please don't blame yourself. Maybe Cris and Ryan are at the house. We at least need to get you to safety."

Once we made it downstairs, we walked out of the front door to a black SUV waiting for us. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jake walking over to our house. I screamed as loud as I could. "JAKE!!!!"

He heard me, saw me and Layla, then made a mad dash over to us.

"Shut your mouth and get in the truck!!" They covered our mouths, then we were separated. Layla and I thought the same thing, so we bit their hands. Hopefully, Jake makes it in time. I struggled to get out of his grip.

Jake started fighting with the guy that held Layla. "Layla, go to Jake's house and hide!!"

She can't run, so I hope she makes it in time.

Jake tussled with the guy until I heard a gunshot. I was then shoved in the truck. "Let's get out of here before the police come!"

I looked out the window and saw Jake on the ground. I rolled down the window as the SUV pulled off. "Jake, no!" I couldn't stop my tears. I saw Cris' Escalade go by.

Both idiots sat in the front seats, so I screamed out the window, "CRIS!!!!"

He heard me and made a U-turn in the middle of the street to start chasing the SUV. He pulled up beside the SUV.

"Layla is at Jake's house. And, Jake was shot!! Cris, he......" That was all I could say before I puked out the window.

One of the SUVs behind Cris made a turn and I'm guessing went back to the house.

Meanwhile, the guy driving started weaving through traffic to lose Cris, but Cris stayed with him. I puked again out the window.

"What is wrong with you?!" He asked.

"That's what happens when a woman is pregnant!!!!"

If it happens again, I know what to do. We were still in a car chase. They made a sharp right turn. And, for a minute, lost Cris.

They started laughing like it was over. "Now, let's head to Tampa." But, up ahead the street was blocked off - by Cris and my father's SUVs. Oh, this is not a good thing. I hope they don't crash into Cris and my father. They tried to make a U-turn and were successful, but now they were blocked in by Marco's SUV.

They stopped the truck and tried to run. "Where do you think you are going?" My father and Marco pounced on the guys and beat them to a pulp.

I got out of the truck and ran into my husband's arms. "Cris, we have to go and make sure Layla is okay!"

"Cris, go!! We can take care of these two!" Ryan, Cris, and I got in his truck and took off towards home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase's POV

I pulled up to the house and noticed that someone was laying in the driveway, shot. I don't know if that is a good sign or what. I haven't heard back from David or Mike yet. Let me get out of here and drive to Tampa.

As soon as I heard an ambulance and the police, I didn't have time to drive away, so I hid inside my house.

Cris' POV

We saw an ambulance, as well as police cars near the house. Jake was being placed on a stretcher as we pulled up.

Once I put the car in park, Ryan ran to Jake's house.

"Kamea, stay in the truck! Do not get out!"

I got out and ran to the officers. "Chase Dalton lives in this house! He kidnapped my wife and Layla Meyers! She is safely in my house!"

"We have several officers searching the house now."

After they said that, the two officers came back. "We couldn't find anything, sir."

Chase is a snake, and snakes can hide anywhere. I ran inside the house. We are ending this today. I am sick of his games! "Chase, come out and take your whooping like a man!!!"

I went upstairs first, searched everywhere but nothing.

Then, I went back downstairs. I heard something moving around in the basement. "I am going to make you wish you never crossed me!!!"

I went downstairs cautiously and started searching.

"Wham!" I was hit across the head with something and started stumbling but didn't lose my balance. The son of a sucker started a fire, so I darted back upstairs. He was trying to get the patio door open.

"Don't even try it!!!"

I grabbed him by his shirt, and we started fighting. The whole time we fought, he had a smirk on his face.

"You are sick!! But, after today, you will never hurt my family again!!!"

We traded punches back and forth. At one point he had me pinned down to the ground and started choking me.

"I had a taste of your wife and thoroughly enjoyed it. And, not just once either. Hopefully, a little Chase is now growing inside of her," he said as he plastered a smug grin on his face.

The fire started spreading quickly. It was a struggle, but I now had the upper hand. I kept punching him in the face. "That's for pulling a gun on Bliss and raping my wife!!!"

I kept punching until I looked up and saw a beam from above about to fall. I just made it out of the way, and it fell, right on Chase! He didn't even try to move. He just laid there on the ground, on fire!!! I had to get out! I grabbed one of the dining room table chairs that weren't on fire, then smashed the patio door glass. Then I hauled it out of the house.

Kam's POV

My dad and Marco pulled up to the house. I stood there, crying and hoping Cris got out of the house in time.

"Kami, where is Cris?"

"Daddy, he was in the house looking for Chase. He can't be dead. He just can't! I think I am pregnant again."

My dad grabbed me and held me tight. "I know Cris and I am sure he got out in time."

The fire department screamed, "Look out!!" Several firefighters ran just before the house collapsed.

"No!!! Cris! Cris! Daddy, where is my husband?!"

"I'm right here, Kamea." I turned around, and Cris was walking from our yard. I couldn't run because my body started aching. As soon as he made it over to me, I cried forever and squeezed him for dear life.

Cris' POV

"I made it out the patio door, then ran to our back yard before the house collapsed. Chase Dalton is gone. He will NEVER bother us again. Kamea, what did he do to you?"

"I missed you so much!!" She then said in my ear, "He raped me, and not just once. And Cris, I think I am.........."

Then, she passed out. It broke me to know he did that to her.

"Cris, go ahead to the hospital with Kam. We'll stay here."

There was another ambulance waiting, so I waved the paramedics over. "My wife passed out." I placed Kamea on the stretcher and she was hoisted in the ambulance.

While in the ambulance, "My wife said she was raped several times."

"Yes sir." The paramedic noted that down and then we were on our way to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 5th, 2020

Early in the morning

Ryan's POV

"Mr. Meyers, your wife is going to be okay. Make sure she gets as much rest as she can. And, with her due date being three days from today, I suggest not flying back to New York yet. I will have her release papers for you in a minute."

"Thank you, Doctor Jones." I saw Cris and Kam coming into the hospital. I walked over to Cris.

"Kamea was just about to tell me something, then she passed out. But, she told me he assaulted her, Ryan. I wish I could bring him back and strangle him to death, but the fire got to him first. Chase is finally gone, Ryan. We are free. I'll tell you everything when I come right back. They are going to check me out too for smoke inhalation."

Thank goodness he is finally gone, and we can have peace. The doctor came back.

"Follow me, Mr. Meyers." I followed the doctor to the exam room that Layla was in. He gave me the papers and I signed them.

"You are free to go, Mrs. Meyers. Take care of yourself. And, we are all happy that you are safe from that monster who kidnapped you."

"Thank you." Then the doctor left the room.

"Cris came with Kam. She passed out before telling Cris something." I helped Layla off the bed, and we left the room.

"Chase is finally gone, Layla. He will never bother us again."

She had tears in her eyes as we left the room. "I am so happy to hear that. He talked about raising Natasha as his own. I would never have let him do that. Where are Braelyn and Logan?"

"One of Shane and Cris' friends let us all stay at his house in Key West. I'm sure Austin is still up, so I'm going to call him."

"Okay. We will need a place to stay here because I can't travel back to New York. Natasha will be born here in Florida."

"That is perfectly fine with me. I am just glad to have you and Kam back."

We sat in the waiting room to wait for Cris and Kam. So, I called Austin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Austin's POV

I hope the guys made it in time to rescue Kam and Layla. Braelyn finally fell asleep in my arms. Her little eyes have been red most of this week. So has Kim. They both finally fell asleep.

My phone started ringing, so I grabbed it and saw that it was Ryan.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan: "We got Layla and Kam back, thanks to Bliss for recognizing Cade as Chase. Speaking of, Chase is gone."

Austin: "That is great news. Braelyn and Kim just went to sleep. I'll tell them as soon as they wake up."

Ryan: "We will be back in Key West later today. Kam passed out, so we are at the hospital now."

Austin: "Okay. I will let everyone know the news. See you soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sent a mass text to everyone because I couldn't get off the bed.

Shane's POV

My text notification went off, so I checked it out. I couldn't really move because Bliss fell asleep on top of me.

The message said, "Kam and Layla have been rescued. Chase is gone forever."

Thank goodness. Bliss was tossing and turning, so I just woke her up.

"Darling, Kam, and Layla are safe. All thanks to you for recognizing who Cade was. And, Chase is gone."

She shot up. "They are safe? I am so happy."

"We all are, sweetheart." She laid her head back down and fell back to sleep. Hopefully, she gets her rest now.

About 30 minutes later, Cris sent a text saying they will come to Key West later today. Now I can finally get some rest. The kids are going to be so happy when they see Layla and Kam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:00 pm

"Cris said they are on the way and should be here around 3:00 pm. He said it's a surprise, so we shouldn't tell the kids yet."

"Okay."

"I am going to check on Devin, Kekoa, and Rocco."

Bliss' POV

I know Isabella doesn't understand what I am saying, but I was happy to tell her, not everything though.

"Guess what sweetie? Your daddy has a big surprise for you today. You are going to be so happy."

Kam was right when she said Isabella likes to splash water all over the place.

"Dada."

"That's right, Dada has a surprise for you. Let's get you out of the tub."

I grabbed Isabella out of the tub, and she took off. After grabbing a towel, I took off after her.

"Come back, sweetie."

Thankfully, Shane closed the door. After drying Isabella and putting her clothes on, we went downstairs.

Marco started laughing at me. "I'll watch her, Bliss. Looks like you need to dry off from her splashing."

"Thanks, Marco." He took Isabella and I went back upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While we were gathered in the living room, we heard vehicles pulling up. They are here.

"Surprise!!" Cris and Ryan said simultaneously.

Braelyn turned around. "Mommy!" She ran over to Layla.

"Mommy!!" Rocco, Día, and Devin said as they ran over to Kam.

Austin took Logan to Layla. And, I took Isabella over to Kam.

It was a tear fest, not a dry eye in the house. After Kam gave the kids all a kiss, we hugged for what seemed like forever.

"I'm glad you and Layla are safe. It hurt so much when that truck sped off. I missed you both so much."

"I missed you too, Bliss. And, thank you for taking care of the kids. That means the world to me. Thanks to you, we were rescued. You recognized Cade for who he really was. We won't ever have to worry about him anymore."

Then, I went over to Layla and hugged her too. "How are you and Natasha feeling?"

"We are fine. I will have to give birth to her in Florida. Thank you, Bliss. We almost were taken to Tampa. You are our hero."

"You're welcome, Layla. It ate me alive knowing that we couldn't stop those guys. And, you guys can stay with us until you are able to fly back to New York."

"Thanks. Bliss, you did what you could. I am glad you didn't get shot."

"Yeah, Bliss. You did your best. And, guess what? I have happy news for everyone."

Kam's POV

"The doctor at the hospital confirmed that I am pregnant. I started feeling overwhelmed with tiredness and morning sickness happened as well. I won't find out if we are having a Bambino or Bambina until January. But, I have an appointment in a few weeks to see how the baby is progressing."

"Baby."

"Yes, Logan. Auntie is going to have another baby," Layla says to Logan.

"Where are Antonio, Isabela, and Noeli?"

"Here we are." All three of them came from the kitchen and gave me and Layla a big hug.

"Oh gosh Kam, thank goodness you and Layla are okay. Junior and I missed you so much."

"I missed you all too."

"Graeme, Janiyah, Tatianna, and Niko, thank you all so much for taking care of my family. I love you all." I gave them all a big hug.

"Kami, girl of course we had to. We are all so ecstatic that you and Layla are safe. And, congratulations on being pregnant."

"Thank you, Janiyah. Niko and Tati, you have a beautiful home here."

Niko replied, "Thank you, Kam. We are so happy that you are safe. Come on everyone. Lunch is ready."

We all walked into the dining room and enjoyed the feast that was set before us. I am just so happy to be back with my family, and friends. Layla and I are back where we belong. And, Chase Dalton is finally gone out of our lives, forever. But, I am not ready to tell them what happened yet. In due time, I will.

~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading chapter 64.

Janiyah and Graeme are courtesy of Along Came Graeme.

Niko and Tatianna are courtesy of Mr. Kostopoulos.

Griffin is courtesy of Teaching The Billionaire.

And, thank you for the votes and comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 1.9K 44
The world is full of surprises, and people are not always what they seem. This is especially true for Kenzie, Matt, and Reed. Reed Basil is the quint...
325K 16.4K 67
Two stubborn people, different lives a terrible situation that brings them together and changes their lives forever. Maya is an 18 year old girl try...
171K 6.6K 64
"You don't have to keep reminding me that I'm a mistake and that I ruined your life. I'm not sorry for meeting you that day. I needed to. My life was...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

85.2K 1K 12
Estella had learnt life to be unpredictable and cruel at a very young age. But she had never prepared herself to have everything she ever dreamed of...