Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

By Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... More

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 29 - The Rescue
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 40 - The Answer Is
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 47 - New York, New York
Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One

1.3K 85 17
By Cocoa47

Kam's POV

It has been a little over a year since my mom passed. Since we are going to California to meet Alicia's family, Cris said he would go with me to the gravesite and lay flowers on my mom's tombstone.

After Noeli graduated in June, Marco took her to the gravesite. Then a few days later, they officially moved to Florida. They have a beautiful home, large enough for the amount of kids they said they wanted - six kids.

They have a huge backyard with an Olympic-sized pool. They also have a very nice patio area with tables, chairs, and two large gas grills.

Everyone is sleeping in at our house after the wedding last night. All of the kids, including Isabella, Kekoa, and even Logan, were knocked out.

My dad gave me my shot this time. "Ouch!"

He started laughing. "Child, are you still afraid of needles?"

"Yes, I am. And, always will be." I started rubbing my arm where he administered the shot.

As we started fixing breakfast, he chortled, "I thought you would have grown out of that by now."

"Nope. I sure haven't."

"Good morning, everyone. Need some help in here?" We both turned around and saw Bliss.

"Good morning, Bliss. We can use some help. We have some fresh fruit in the fridge to be cut."

"Okay. I'll cut it." While Bliss went to the fridge, I noticed the concerned look she had on her face.

"Are you okay over there?"

"Well, there is something I wanted to ask but didn't know how to ask it. At one point last night, I went to me and Shane's room to fix my makeup. I just happened to glance out the window and saw the neighbor next door, staring out his window at the wedding. He glanced over and saw me, then he walked away. Is he okay?"

"His name is Cade. Cris said that his wife passed away recently. Maybe Marco and Noeli's wedding reminded him of his wedding."

"Oh, okay."

I heard Cris and Shane enter the kitchen. "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Kamea and Bliss, you ladies can have a seat. Shane and I will help with breakfast."

"Thanks, handsome. You don't have to tell me twice."

Cris traded with me and helped my father with the pancakes, bacon, and eggs. And, Shane traded places with Bliss and cut the fruit. I heard her tell him, "Remember how I showed you to cut it. And, thank you for switching." She leaned up as far as she could and kissed him on his cheek. I just had to ask because he is almost as tall as my father and taller than Cris.

"Shane, how tall are you? You have got to be taller than Cris." I enjoy hearing his British accent.

He mentioned, "I am 6'4" inches tall of British muscle."

I just had to chuckle. And, Bliss sighed rather loudly, so she is going to get it later because I saw Shane give her a hand signal. "No wonder Bliss had to get on the tip of her toes. You are 3 inches taller than Cris and almost 3 inches shorter than my dad. Bliss and I are the same height."

"Kam, Shane always calls me 'Shortie.' I take after my mom who was short too."

I heard little feet running towards the kitchen, so that must be the kids. "Good morning, mommy." It was my princess and Braelyn.

"Good morning, Princess and Braelyn. Go have a seat in the dining room. Breakfast is almost ready."

"Okay, mommy." Both girls skipped into the dining room. They are just too cute together - almost like a pair of twins. When Braelyn comes to visit, they go straight to Día's room and play with her toys.

Bliss and I joined the girls in the dining room. About 10 minutes later, the guys brought breakfast in. Layla, Ryan, my little prince, and Austin joined us. Kekoa and Isabella are still asleep, thankfully. Shortly after that, the guys brought breakfast in.

The guys even fixed the girls a plate. "Aww, aren't you all so sweet? Thank you."

About 10 minutes into eating breakfast, Bliss asked Cris the same question she asked me. "Hey Cris, is your next-door neighbor okay? Sometime last night, I came into the house to fix my makeup. After I was done, I just happen to glance out the window. I saw him looking out the window, towards the wedding. His gaze was fixated on someone, but I am not sure who it was."

Cris' POV

"We had him over the house not too long ago. He said that his wife recently passed away. And, that Kamea favors her." If I have to fix his eyes, I will not hesitate to do it.

Looks like someone just felt a hand or two on her thighs because Bliss just jumped out of her chair. The whole table erupted in laughter. She smacked Shane's arm. "I see nothing funny, you all. Does anyone need anything while I am going to the kitchen?"

"No thanks, Bliss." Then, she went into the kitchen. "I'll be right back. I haven't seen Rocco since he left the table."

"Cris! Kam!" I didn't have to go far because Bliss was carrying him in her arms.

"He's burning up. I found him lying on the kitchen floor. I'll take him to the living room couch."

"Thanks. I'll be right back with a thermometer." I ran to the bathroom near the study, grabbed the thermometer, and ran back to Rocco.

Bliss had him cradled in her arms. I stuck the thermometer in his mouth, right under his tongue. After waiting three minutes, I checked Rocco's temperature.

"We need to take him to the emergency room because his temperature is 102.9."

"I'll go grab my keys and start the truck." Kamea then ran to get her keys. Thank goodness she had on a tank top and a pair of shorts.

"Cris, Shane, and I will watch the twins."

"Thanks, Bliss." I grabbed Rocco and carried him to Kamea's Rover. Then, we pulled off to the hospital.

********************

We didn't have a long wait in the emergency room. By the time Rocco was seen and we waiting for a prescription, we got home within two hours. He was knocked out in his car seat, so I carried him inside while Kamea locked her Rover.

I was going to take Rocco to his room. But, I just put him in one of the bedrooms on the main floor.

Bliss and Shane, along with Kekoa and Isabella, were in the living room watching television. Well, the tv was watching them. Those twins of mine probably wore Bliss and Shane out, which I can believe because they have done it to us plenty of times.

I grabbed my phone and took a picture - too cute.

"Oh, hey Cris. How is Rocco?" Bliss yawns out.

"He has an ear infection, which caused him to have a fever. The doctor gave us prescriptions for his fever and ear infection. He is knocked out now, so he is asleep in one of the bedrooms on this floor."

"I'm glad he is going to be okay."

"Thanks for watching the twins. I'm sure they were a handful."

"You're welcome. They were well-behaved. After we fed them their bottle, they fell right asleep in our arms. Isabella loves her some Shane Landes. I tried to pick her up out of her crib, but she started crying. But she took one look at Shane and extended her arms out, so he could pick her up."

"That little girl of mine does the same thing with Marco and Noeli. Isabella has even done that a few times to my parents. It is weird because when Marco or my father isn't in the room, she will go right to Noeli or my mother. She likes boys already."

Bliss started yawning again. "Sorry about that. I'm still worn out from the wedding."

"Me too. I'll take Kekoa, so you can get some rest. When are you and Shane leaving?"

"We are going back on Tuesday. It is quarterly meeting time, so we both have quite a few. And, I now have a modeling coach who is going to help me get ready for my first photo shoot in September. Marco recommended her. We talked over the phone and I met her for lunch one day. She is really nice."

"I am glad you are giving it a chance. Kamea is very excited and happy for you. She always tells everyone that she knows the model of the future."

"Awww, Kam is a sweetheart. I'm so glad you came to New York last year in November. Kam and Layla are the only two who instantly became best friends with me. It took a while for my other friends. If Shane looks for me, tell him I went back to bed. My feet are killing me after being in heels all day yesterday."

I took Kekoa from Bliss. Then, she went upstairs to her room.

************************

Narrator's POV

As if on cue, Shane woke up about 15 minutes later. He noticed Bliss was not next to him, so Cris told him Bliss went back to sleep. He stayed on the couch and chatted with Cris and Kam.

The time went by so fast that Tuesday came. Bliss and Shane left to go back to New York.

Layla and her crew flew back to New York on Friday.

Kamea packed clothes for the kids because they are leaving Saturday morning for California.

***************************

Saturday, August 3rd, 2019

Kam's POV

Once the plane was in the air, Día and Rocco played with their toys. We laid Kekoa and Isabella on the bed. I sat in the room with them, on the couch admiring the view out the window, pondering how this trip is going to go.

I am very nervous about meeting Alicia's parents. And, on top of that, going to visit my mom's gravesite. My stomach is in knots. Cris has been telling me all week that I don't need to be nervous. But, I can't help it.

I heard footsteps approaching the room. It was Cris, Día, and Rocco.

"The plane is about to land. So, we have to take the twins with us."

"Okay." We carefully picked them up, so they would stay asleep. Then, we made our way to the cabin.

Once we buckled Día and Rocco in their seats, Cris put Kekoa in the seat directly next to him. And, I put Isabella in the seat directly next to me.

Fifteen minutes later, the plane landed in San Francisco.

Cris and I then unbuckled the kids' seat belts, then we proceeded to walk off the plane. Salvatore and Tone drove to meet us.

"Hey Salvatore and Tone, It's good to see you guys again. Thanks for coming to Marco and Noeli's wedding."

"Good to see you too, Kamea." He picked both Día and Rocco and they started giggling.

"Día and Rocco, are you riding with me or mommy?" Cris asked them.

"I want to ride with mommy," my princess answers. "How about I take both the girls to make things easier?"

"That works." Cris helped the boys in their car seats, then Tone rode with them. I helped the girls in their seats, and Salvatore rode with me. Then, we drove to our house in San Francisco.

********************

Salvatore and I peaked in the back and saw both girls had fallen asleep. Salvatore carried Día, and I picked up Isabella out of her seat. Then, we went inside the house. Rocco and Kekoa seem to have fallen asleep too.

We took the kids to their rooms and laid them down. Then, we went to grab our luggage.

"Need us to do anything else, Cris?" Salvatore asked.

"That's all for now, Sal. Thanks." Salvatore and Tone left the house.

Cris and I went to our bedroom and crashed, falling fast asleep.

*************************************************

Sunday, August 4th, 2019

Cris' POV

I let Kamea drive to Alicia's parents' home. She was and is very nervous about meeting them, but she did a great job driving. The drive took us about 45 minutes.

Kamea pulled up to the house and parked in the driveway. Día and Rocco were able to unbuckle their seat belts by themselves. Kamea picked up Isabella, and I picked up Kekoa. Then, we made our way to the front door.

"Can, I ring the bell daddy?"

"Go ahead, princess." Día rang the doorbell. Almost immediately, Alicia's mom opened the door.

"Hi Cris, it is good to see you again. Come on in. The food is almost ready."

We entered the house and headed towards the living room. "Grandma!" The twins then ran over to hug their grandma.

"Marylyn, this is my wife, Kamea. And our twins, Kekoa and Isabella."

Kam' POV

"It's nice to meet you, Kamea. Cris has told us so much about you and your relationship with the kids. Honey don't be nervous. We are happy that Cris found someone who loves the twins. I just wanted to say thank you for loving the twins. That means so much to me, my husband, and the family. More of the family is on the way. And, call me Marylyn."

She hugged me. "You're welcome, Marylyn. Día and Rocco made it so easy for me to love them. The first time I met them, Rocco tapped my leg and said, 'You're pretty.' They are the sweetest kids."

"Grandpa!!" Día and Rocco took off when they saw Alicia's father enter the room.

"How are you kids doing?" He excitedly said to them.

"We are fine, grandpa." Then, they dragged him over to where we were standing.

"Hey Cris, it's good to see you again," he says to Cris.

"Good to see you too, Laurence. I'm sorry about the lack of visits over the last year. Now that we are settled in Florida, we will visit more often. And, this is my wife, Kamea, and our twins, Kekoa and Isabella."

"From what you mentioned in our phone conversation, we do understand. We are looking forward to those visits. And, Marylyn and I would love to travel to Florida sometimes. It's nice to meet you, Kamea, Kekoa, and Isabella. You are as beautiful as Cris described you, Kamea. My wife and I are so glad that you have come into the twins' lives and become a motherly figure to them. Thank you. And, please call me Laurence."

I had tears falling from my eyes. "Thank you very much, Laurence and Marylyn. That means a lot to me. I was a nervous wreck before we came over. But Cris told me I didn't need to be. I love Día and Rocco just as much as my babies. I don't treat them differently."

The doorbell rang. "I'll go get it. Everyone go have a seat on the patio." Marylyn then left to answer the front door and we followed Laurence out back.

"Aunt Avery!!" The twins' took off towards the door to greet their aunt.

"Hey, Día and Rocco! So glad to see you guys," She says as she looks at me and Cris. The smile on her face faded fast. She may be Alicia's sister, but I will not have her talk down to me.

She came over and spoke to Cris. "Hi, Cris. Good to see you again." Then, she turned to me, looking me up and down like I did something wrong to her.

"Oh, so you're the reason I never get to see my niece and nephew anymore." I had to remember I had Isabella in my hands, so I don't smack the mess out of her.

Marylyn and Laurence were not pleased with her response. Neither was Cris. I responded as nicely as I could.

"First, I am Cris' wife, Kamea and it is nice to meet you too. I don't know your reasoning behind that comment, but I do not appreciate it. My family's safety is the reason we left California. Oh, and might I add that my mother was murdered right in front of my eyes at my wedding reception. And, I was almost killed by a horrible ex-boyfriend. So, if you have a problem with those reasons, it is on you."

She had the nerve to continue talking after what I just said. "Those kids were my family before they were yours!! You have no right to claim my sister's kids as your family."

Cris' POV

"Avery, enough! I am their father and I say Kamea has every right to claim them as her kids. Kamea has loved them since the first time they met. And, I asked Kamea to adopt them. And, Marylyn and Laurence agreed. You have no right to judge MY wife at all! Kamea may not be their birth mother, but she treats them like she did give birth to them! I don't appreciate at all what you just said to Kamea. So, back off with the rude comments! If you came to bad mouth Kamea, I suggest you leave because we are not leaving!"

"Avery, get in the house now!!!" Marylyn yelled at her and they went inside.

"Kamea, we are really sorry for her comments. We have no idea why she said that to you. You have Marylyn and I's support. I'll be right back." Laurence went inside too.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. And, thanks for responding the way you did. Here comes Alicia's aunt, Jackie."

"Hi Cris, long time no see. And, you must be Kamea. It's nice to meet you. I can tell you both why Avery did what she did. I wanted to smack her for saying that. She may be my niece, but that was just uncalled for. I overheard her talking on the phone to her friends that she always had a crush on Cris. She was hoping that Cris would start taking a liking to her. And, who are these two little cutie pies?"

Isabella surprised us and let Aunt Jackie hold her. "It's nice to meet you too, Aunt Jackie. These are our newest additions to the family, Isabella, and Kekoa. They are going to be eight months in a couple of weeks."

"They are adorable. Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the family."

Kam's POV

Aunt Jackie took us around the yard and introduced us. Except for Avery, Alicia's family was very welcoming and nice to me. To me, that was precious, and I will treasure it always.

We had a good time talking to her family. And, boy can her family throwdown. They fixed ribs, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, sausages, hamburgers, hotdogs, steak, potato salad, macaroni salad with shrimp, collard greens, mac & cheese, and a bunch of desserts. I was totally stuffed. There was music playing, so I got up to dance with those who were dancing. I stopped in my tracks when I saw who had come to the cookout - Courtney.

Cris and I looked at each other when we saw what she was carrying - a baby boy that was the spitting image of Reed.

******************************

Thank you all for reading chapter 56.

Thank you all for the votes and comments. 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 19.6K 43
Hope you all will like and support this story. ********************************* "Look,who is here?"his voice echoed in the hall. "Aww!Mr Black's wif...
3.6K 148 35
"We agreed. If I won, you'd marry me someday." "Why'd you wanna marry me, anyhow?" I ask. "So, I can do this for the rest of our lives," he stops wal...
28.4K 1.6K 41
The world is full of surprises, and people are not always what they seem. This is especially true for Kenzie, Matt, and Reed. Reed Basil is the quint...