The Greek Princess

By CollabCrew

A young princess from Thebes. A Roman slave destined to serve his master for the rest of his life. Two peop... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter LXIII
Chapter LXIV
Chapter LXV
Chapter LXVI
Chapter LXVII
Chapter LXVIII
Chapter LXIX
Chapter LXX
Chapter LXXI
Chapter LXXII
Chapter LXXIII
Chapter LXXIV
Chapter LXXV
Chapter LXXVI
Chapter LXXVII
Chapter LXXIX

Chapter LXXVIII

652 38 0
By CollabCrew

Chapter LXXVIII

Ariadne

After our chat in the garden, the guilt that had plagued me lessened considerably. I didn't want Lycus to be angry at me; I cared for him. He was my friend. And knowing that everything he had been through was because of me just made it all worse.

Geratious prepared a filling meal for us around noon after he and I helped Lycus back inside his home. I finished setting the table and bringing over the dishes. Then we all sat down to eat.

I piled my plate with several figs, some honey cakes, and other assorted fruits, wanting to stuff myself on all the things I had been deprived of. Upon taking the first bite out of a ripe fig, I almost sighed. Juices exploded into my mouth, sweet and tangy. It was so good.

Lycus had a similar look of enjoyment on his face, so pure and innocent that I cracked a smile. He looked over at me and cocked his head.

"What?"

I shook my head, trying to wipe the grin off but failing. "Nothing."

After the meal, Geratious and I moved Lycus to the spare bedroom to rest. Once he was seated and comfortable, Geratious left, leaving Lycus and I alone. I stood next to the bed, unsure of what to do. I felt like there was much that needed to be say, but I didn't know how to start.

Shaking my head in frustration, I finally decided to just start. "Lycus," I began, fiddling with my dress. "I just want to say that I'm sorry this has all happened. I'm sorry I got you into all of this and caused you so much pain." I paused to push back the tears that threatened to rise. "And most of all I'm sorry for ever meeting you." I lowered my head and stared at my bare feet. "This mission was for nothing."

At first, Lycus was silent. And for almost two minutes, no one spoke. I almost looked up to see if he had fallen asleep, but then he spoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 140 16
In semi-historically-inaccurate Ancient Greece, two childhood lovers are separated in a tragic way... When Acacius's deadbeat mother sells him. Year...
205 11 8
Elisa didn't appreciate all the things in her life until an accident caused her to travel back to the year 1989. Stuck in Derry during Pennywise's a...
2K 153 36
**COMPLETED** "Then leave. Come with us." I almost laugh at the absurdity of his suggestion, "I can't. I can't just leave. They'll never let me just...
20.8K 746 14
**Highest Rank: #16 in Historical Fiction 5/1/21** Between Two Worlds - A Novel of Ancient Rome Enid hates the Romans who enslaved her. Broken-hearte...