The Dark // Moxiety

By Pathfinder7007

COMPLETED M O X I E T Y four Sides: Creativity, Logic, Morality, and Anxiety. Three of the Sides are fading. ... More

AN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
AN
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
I got tagged
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
I got diggity darn tagged
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.5
Q&A
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
New Book??
AN
New Book (but im actually gonna work on it)

Chapter 17

160 9 16
By Pathfinder7007

Who's ready for a sob fest! I was listening to So Big/So Small and Finale and You Will be Found and cried while the sad music and story filled my mind lol so....
//slides tissue box across table//
Enjoy!

~Virgil's PoV~

Virgil closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. His heart was pounding still and he tried his best to calm it.

Stop hesitating! He told himself. March right in there. You have to save Patton.

Virgil stood up quietly, quickly skittering to the caves wall and pressed himself against it. He inhaled and exhaled, preparing himself before he heard a familiar voice.

"You know what, fine." Phoebus? Virgil's heart seemed to drop down to his feet. "I didn't need you. But I can't and won't have you staying here any longer."

Virgil's eyes widened. NO! He whirled around the side of the wall and into the cave entrance. He saw Patton, bruised and bleeding standing shakily as Phoebus stood in front of him, his back to Virgil. And he was holding up a huge knife.

All his fear vanished. All he thought was his Patton, there, hurt, about to be killed. The anxious Side clenched his fists, gritting his teeth.

Fear and worry filled him, but this time it was different. He could feel that energy fill him and he felt light. The feeling lifted through his body, up his throat, and to his mouth. He opened his eyes, tears falling out of his eyes.

"STOP!" He screamed. The sound acted as if it was alive, shooting out his mouth like some form of energy, shaking the ground and exploding into a deafening boom in the air.

Virgil saw Phoebus stumble, falling over with shock as the knife slipped out his hand.

"Virgil...?" He heard Patton whisper. Virgil saw him; his Patton, his sweet bubbly Patton stand there bleeding and hurt.

"Patton!" He cried. The tears wouldn't stop. He saw him stumble and fall. Patton's eyes began to close.

Panicked, Virgil started to sprint towards him. He let out a cry of anguish as Patton went fully limp, his eyes closed.

Ignoring Phoebus who was slowly getting over his surprise, Virgil kneeled next to Patton and lifted his head gently.

"Patton?" He whispered, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "Patton, baby, please, say something." He sobbed.

The deep cuts on Patton slowly began to stop bleeding but they still were bright red and he was covered in many bruises and marks.

"What did they do to you?" Virgil asked. He traced a finger down Patton's jaw gently and down his neck, flinching at all his marks he passed over. "Please talk to me..." his tears fell and landed with a splash on Patton's face.

"Oh, you're poor sweet boyfriend." A mocking voice said from behind him. Virgil pulled Patton close to him, resting his head on his lap before turning to face Phoebus who was smirking. He slowly pulled out a sword that was in its hilt at his waist. "You were always pathetic, you know. Cried so easily. I really wished you died when you ran away that day."

Phoebus traced his finger down the dull end of the blade, smiling. "But hey, I get to kill two birds with one stone. Two of the people I planned on killing right here."

Virgil pulled Patton closer, glaring at Phoebus. "No. Kill me, but leave Patton alone. You hurt him enough."

Phoebus hesitated, then shrugged. "Fine. We'll see if he even survives those wounds."

Virgil planted a kiss on Patton's dry lips gently, savouring his smell before pulling away. He reached into his satchel and pulled out the glasses and he unfolded them, placing it on his face. Virgil heard Phoebus let out a growl if impatience. Ignoring it, he pulled out the rose next and placed it in Patton's hand. He used his, helping Patton's hand curl in the hold it.

When Virgil finally stood up, Phoebus smirked. Virgil let the great things about Patton keep him calm.

As if wanting to torture Virgil in his last moments of life, Phoebus began to count down. "10."

His adorable and precious smile.

"9."

The way his eyes shine like they're filled with infinite happiness and joy.

"8."

How caring and kind he is to everyone.

"7."

The way he always sees the good in everyone.

"6."

Those bad yet funny puns he makes.

"5."

How amazing the food he cooks tastes.

"4."

How warm and cozy he feels next to me.

"3."

His beautiful face...

"2."

Patton...I love you so much...

"1." Virgil flinched, and heard the sound of the sword piercing flesh, the strong metallic scent, but felt no pain. The anxious Side opened his eyes and he gasped. A figure stood in front of him, the end of the sword sticking out his chest.

Phoebus seemed shocked, and he let go of the sword, stumbling backwards. The dark red shade seeped through the figures white outfit like a juice spilt on a carpet.

Roman fell into his knees, letting out a gasp of pain.

"ROMAN YOU COMPLETE NINCOMPOOP." Logan scrambled inside, his eyes wide, panicked. Virgil has never seen him like that before.

Roman grinned weakly at Virgil. "Didn't see us following you, did ya?" As he spoke blood dripped out his mouth, dribbling down his chin. "Look at me! Im a real hero sacrificing myself. You owe me ten bucks, Logan."

Logan gripped Roman's shoulders. "You idiot! What were you thinking? You cannot die, or I'll-" he got cut off by Roman.

"shush, book nerd. Bring that dark, trying-to-impersonate me guy here. Virgil, come. Bring Patton." Virgil shifted closer to Roman and he heard Phoebus his as Logan dragged him over, keeping a firm grip on his arms.

Romans shirt was almost as red as his sash and the sword stuck through his chest like a metal pole. "Well, me and calculator watch found that each of us sides have...special unique abilities. They appear when we need them most." Roman coughed, blood shooting out his mouth. He frowned and continued. "As the handsome, brilliant, romantic, heroic side of creativity and dreams, well, I had an idea that might work."

Roman pressed his thumb on Phoebus's head and his eyes immediately rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed. Roman gave a raspy laugh. "Guess my idea was right."

"Hypnosis." Logan corrected, watching intriguingly. Roman moved to Patton, who didn't seem to change much after what he did but he did seem to look calmer.

Roman faced him but Virgil interrupted him. "Wait but you-you're hurt-"

"If I die, it's a worthy death." Roman responded, wiping blood from his chin. "I will try my best to assist him and tend to him." Logan added, his forehead creased with worry.

Virgil hesitated, looking at the unconscious bodies of Phoebus and Patton. Slowly, he nodded.

Roman winked. "See ya on the other side, buddy." He pressed his thumb against Virgil's forehead and his mind immediately went numb. He felt as if he was being pulled into his mind as he fell limp, surrounded by darkness.

Slowly, he stood up, his legs shaking. He was on a field. He recognized it from a dream he had...the dream he had forgotten until now.

He remembered what happened and his heart began to thud. "Patton?" He cried.

No answer.

"Patton? Please answer me!"

He heard a faint muffled response. "Virgil...!"

Virgil whirled around and saw a small shape steadily growing bigger. "PATTON!" Virgil ran towards the shape and soon they collided, Patton knocking him over.

Patton's glasses were crooked on his face and his eyes sparkled with happiness. He was grinning widely and all his marks and cuts were gone. He leaned down and the two kissed.

They kissed lovingly, filling Virgil with a happy tingliness. Virgil wrapped his arms around Patton's waist and pulled him close. Too soon, they broke apart to breath and he wished they could kiss for forever ( ;) ).

"Patton...is this thing Roman did work? You can understand and hear and see me?" Virgil asked.

Patton nodded. "Roman did this? It does feel different from a normal dream. I don't know how to describe it...it just does."

Virgil understood what he meant. Patton helped Virgil sit up and he curled up on his lap, his legs pulled to his chest and his head resting in the crook of Virgil's neck.

"I think I should tell you what happened while I was there..." Patton began, his voice soft and fragile.

Yeet hope this was decent

Will Roman survive? What's Logan gonna do? Where are Algos and Deceit? More to come soon...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 158 21
⚠️CONTAINS VERY TRIGGERING AND GRAPHIC SCENES THAT COULD CAUSE PANIC ATTACKS OR OTHER THINGS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK⚠️ ------ This book was made possib...
138K 6.6K 26
Everyone has a necklace that's given to them at birth. A necklace that is half of a unique shape and ties you to your soulmate. The problem is, Virgi...
13.4K 799 15
Virgil has the next couple years of his life planned out: he'll graduate from high school and study Graphic Design in college. His roommate will be h...
3.5K 119 14
Through the reveal of Remus, things between the sides have changed. Logan's advice to Thomas has been taken up by Virgil, talking to Patton and learn...