His Slave | #3 ✔

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #1 in Prank #1 in What's new * *In which Melody becomes the slave of her rival* Senior year... More

Prologue
1: Started from the bottom now we here.
2: Pretty girls.
3: Hideway.
4: Dirty, sexy, money.
5: Young, dumb and broke.
6: Highway to hell.
7: God's plan.
8: A little brave.
9: Hurt to look.
10: What lovers do.
11: Work.
12: Thrift shop.
13: Birthday.
14: Jealous.
15: Unforgettable.
16: Dust till dawn.
17: Secrets.
18: After the party.
19: Misery.
19: Raging.
20: Wildest dream.
21: Hero.
22: Him & I
23: Playing with Fire.
24: Everything has changed.
25: Young Blood.
26: Kiss and make up.
28: Touch.
29: Like a virgin.
30: No tears left to cry.
31: Pizza.
32: Don't blame me.
33: Back to you.
34: Forgiveness.
Epilogue.

27: The lucky one.

8.7K 345 35
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

"Morning." I chirped to my friends after getting out of my car. I usually hated Mondays but today didn't seem so bad.

"Someone woke up with sunshine and roses." Sandra commented, a knowing smile on her face.

"I am sure she did." Lenny added, giving me a playful wink.

"Pft, can't a girl be happy now?" I feigned an offended look.

"She can be, she can be...especially when she's in love." Sandra said in a sing song voice, wiggling her brows at me.

"He's here." Lenny jerked her chin in the direction where Jayden parked his car. He got one swiftly and elegantly, I almost squealed like a little school girl seeing her crush looking so cool. Almost.

"You can stop eye raping him." Sandra joked, pulling me by my arm to get my attention.

I pushed her hand away before poking my tongue out at her. My eyes immediately drifted to Jayden, who was already staring at me.

He smiled at me charming upon meeting my eyes. I gave him a shy wave which urged him to make his way towards me.

"What drama is this?" Sandra went on with her teasing.

"Shh..." I shut her off, unable to hide my smile.

"Morning Music." Jayden gave me a brief hug before pulling back and leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"Morning." I mumbled suddenly shy.

Sandra let out a cough successfully getting Jayden's attention. "Morning Sandra, Lenny." He greeted them politely and with his charming smile.

Sandra and Lenny greeted him back.

We heard someone call Jayden out from a distant, it was Ian and Brian along with Fiona, who was looking straight at me, an odd look on her face.

They beckoned him over.

Jayden turned to me and I gave him a nod when I saw his questioning look. "Go." He just needed confirmation.

"I will see you in class." He promised before taking his leave from us.

I watched his retreating back with a smile, I just couldn't help it, he was that handsome in my eyes.

I was suddenly aware of the peering eyes that were set on me. They probably were questioning my relationship with Jayden, and were curious what was going on.

Keeping my eyes solely on Jayden, I tried to block out unnecessary stares and not give any heed to it.

I thought I would prepared and be brave enough to face it but all my previous day pep talk and mental preparation to this moment fell short when I was put in the real situation.

I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to be in a relationship with Jayden and be with him, even though my hate for unnecessary attention was unfathomable, my love for him surpassed the hate.

It would take time for me to get used to tho sort of attention but I wouldn't give up on him or on our relationship.

I didn't realised I was still staring at Jayden who was now walking into the school building along with Brian, Ian and Fiona until Sandra spoke up.

"Geez, you're whipped." Sandra pulled me by my arm and made me face her.

"Let me look at my man in peace, Geez." I huffed. Lenny chuckled, shaking her head at us.

"You literally live next doors." Sandra pointed out.

"So? Your point?" I asked snottily.

"Yo-"

"Okay, enough, we'll be late for class." Lenny cut off Sandra, a wide grin on her face.

Sandra blew the hair out of her face, crossing her arms over her chest.

We started making our way towards the school building, when Lenny asked. "Why don't you ride to school together?"

Sandra turned her curious eyes on me, waiting for my answer.

"Harper." My answer was short and simple.

Jayden actually asked me to ride with him to school, but I couldn't let him take the trouble to wake up early and drive us both to school. It didn't seem fair to him.

∆∆∆

Lunch break came by swiftly. We filled our trays with whatever food we wished to eat and head towards an empty table.

"I didn't realise you were so popular." Sandra laughed placing her tray on the table before taking a seat. She was laughing at me and my sudden rise in popularity- thank you Jayden, note my sarcasm.

"I think Jessica is staring at you." Lenny whispered for only our ears to hear.

I didn't dare to turn around and meet her stare, I was already uncomfortable with unwanted attention and questions from the other students.

Why were they so interested in my life, all of a sudden? It wasn't like I was dating a top star.

In all my classes at least there was one student who asked me about my relationship with Jayden.

They should mind their own business.

"How dare she glare at you." Sandra gripped her plastic spoon, her face livid. Her eyes were set on someone behind me, my back facing the rest of the students while I face the wall and Sandra.

I quirked a brow at Lenny in question who mouthed Jessica.

My mouth formed an o in realization. Jessica was in the cheerleading squad along with Sandra and Fiona. She was Fiona's best friend and I bet on my life she was plotting ways to get rid of me and put Fiona in the picture with Jayden.

Lenny chuckled while Sandra looked satisfied. Her glare disappeared and she smiled at me sweetly.

Lenny clapped her hands in awe and admiration. "The power of the cheer captain."

Sandra looked proud. "No one dares to glare or even look the wrong way at your guys when I am here."

I smiled at my overprotective best friend. "You're the best." I winked and gave her a thumbs up.

Sandra waved it off dismissively as if it was just one of the many things she usually do.

We started with our lunch, taking about random stuffs in between.

"Ah." I squeaked in surprise when I felt someone tug on my ponytail. Annoyed, i turned around only to find a smiling Jayden standing with his lunch tray.

Ian and Brian waved at me before walking pass Jayden and towards their table. But I didn't fail to notice the way Brian was wiggling his brows at me suggestively and in a teasing manner as he mouthed 'Jay and Marshy' before puckering his lips as if he was kissing someone.

Ian hit the back of Brian's head and tugged him along with him.

Jayden snapped his fingers before my eyes, getting my attention.

With a huff, I tighten my ponytail once, giving him my stink eye. "Don't mess with my hair."

"I will if I want to." Just to prove his point he tugged on it again, lightly.

I made a sound of disapproval before hitting his hand, the one which wasn't holding the tray.

"What are you doing here? Go to your friends." I shooed him. Jayden raised his brows at me as if in disbelieve.

"I came to join you."

"No." I refused. I was already aware of the eyes that were once again set on us.

"No?" He seemed surprise.

"I want some time alone with my friends." I answered trying to ignore the eyes and the stares but it wasn't easy.

"Okay." Jayden begrudgingly agreed. He walked away from our table and towards his table.

"What was that?" Sandra asked as soon as Jayden was out of ear shot.

"Nothing." I groaned clutching my head.

"Why would you do that?" Lenny fired another question.

When I didn't respond, Sandra held my hand and asked softly. "Is something wrong?"

"It's just..." I couldn't finish my sentence as my eyes drifted around me, aware of the eyes.

"The people." Sandra finished for me, a sympathetic smile on her face.

"You have to get used to it." Lenny said with an apologetic smile.

"I know." I groaned.

"What did you tell them?" Sandra asked, her question vague.

"Who?"

"The ones who asked you about your relationship with Jayden?" She explained.

"I just said we are...friends." I mumbled the last part.

Sandra didn't look surprise by my answer while Lenny on the other hand was shaking her head at me, her expression as if she had lost all faith in me.

"What are you scared of? Why can't you tell them he is your boyfriend?" Sandra asked, a patient look on her face.

I shrugged, not sure myself. "I just couldn't. Maybe I am scared of their judgmental views, or maybe I don't want to go around telling everyone about our relationship when it's not something to be discussed with everyone. I don't know."

"Look, you can't be affected by the stares and with stupid what ifs-what if they judge me, what if I am not good enough... If you're affected by it, so will your relationship be." Sandra spoke wisely and patiently.

"Jayden loves you, you love him, so that's all that matters not and what goes into other people's head." Lenny stated.

"Even Lenny understands." Sandra added, trying to lighten the mood.

"Hey, I have 100 romance movies to back me up." She sounded offended but was quick to crack a smile.

"But seriously Melo, you and Jayden just became an item- a hot one." Sandra added with a teasing wink. "I don't want my ship to sink so soon, if it sinks I will make sure you drown along with it." She threaten.

"I will help you drown her." Lenny backed her up and they hi-fived each other.

Rolling my eyes at their ploy to drown me, I said. "The ship wouldn't drown, unless we are hit my a storm."

"You better make this ship strong enough to tackle any storm." Sandra banged her fist on the table.

"Geez, i will." I chuckled.

"Good." Both Sandra and Lenny spoke on unison.

I guess I have to try harder than I already was.

Time seemed to fly by swiftly and soon I was picking up Harper from her school. We both sat in silence and drove towards our home.

My mind drifting back to what Sandra told me- more like warned me after school but Harper's thoughts were unknown.

She was in her own world and I let her be because I was too busy with my own thoughts.

"Be careful about Fiona." Sandra had warned me. She had her cheer practice after school and had to stay back.

When I asked her reason for saying that, she didn't give me the answer I wanted.

"I don't know but she seemed off. I don't trust her." She had told me, her eyes concerned and her tone wary.

I assured her and promised her to be careful. But I already knew I was supposed to be aware of Fiona and the feeling she had towards Jayden.

She had never voiced it out loud but it was written all over her face, she doesn't look at Jayden as only friends but more than that- she loved him.

She made me feel uncomfortable, her stare wasn't warm or neutral but had a malicious intent behind them. She scares me sometimes and what she was capable of.

But I had made up my mind, I wouldn't let her be an obstacle between Jayden and I, I wouldn't let anyone come between us. I would make sure of it.

"So, you are dating Jayden." Harper spoke up, breaking the silence between us.
She wasn't questioning me but was stating it.

"Yes." I quirked a brow her way remembering how she questioned Jayden's choice and also my appearance a few days ago. "You have any complains?" I smirked.

Harper rolled her eyes at me before throwing her hands in the air dramatically. "I ain't that bad."

"Really now." I snorted.

She gave me a nasty stare before sighing in defeat and closed her eyes briefly. "I am happy that you are dating Jayden." She stated, her voice genuine.

"I thought you didn't approve?" I didn't let the opportunity slide to get back at her for her previous statements.

"It's not like that." She defended herself. "Jayden is lucky to have you." She added.

Was she mocking me again? I voiced my thoughts out loud. "You're mocking me?"

"No." Harper looked offended. "I may have said some mean things back then but you should know that I don't mean them."

I wasn't sure what to answer. She was the meanest and the most annoying sister one could ever ask for but she was also the most helpful and honest sister one could wish for.
She was not the type to express her feelings in words, but was more reserve and secretive when it came to her feelings.

She was blunt and straightforward yet the honest person I've ever known. She was pretty mature and sensible for fourteen years old.

"I always knew you guys would end up together, just didn't know when." She went on.

"I guess so." I mumbled distractedly. My eyes on the road. "But don't you have the same thoughts, that Jayden is out of my league  and I am lucky to have him?" I blurted, and it actually felt good to say the bothering thoughts out loud and to someone.

I could only tell Harper about it because she was brutally honest and she wouldn't sugarcoat anything.

"No." She was quick to answer. "I don't think so." She shook her head before grimacing. "I'll probably regret saying this, but..." She sighed. "You may not know it but you're the best sister one could ever ask for. You're patient, humble and a little bit funny...I was always rude to you with my words and actions yet you never once lashed on me, you're that kind." She stated.

I couldn't believe my ears. Harper was actually praising me and was saying good things about me. This day should go down in history books.

"And before you have any weird thoughts, I will just end it with- Jayden is human too, there's no such thing as out of league or whatever, those stuff are made up by people who are jealous and got nothing better to do in life. If you like him, if he likes you, that's all there is to be taken into consideration and nothing else." Harper ended her sentence inhaling deeply.

I was blown by her words and what she said. She didn't sound like my sister, who was rude and arrogant. She sounded genuine and like someone matured.

"How old are you again, Harper?" I asked in awe. She rolled her eyes at my question.

I parked the car in the garage, and faced her. "You actually sounded so mature for your age?"

She was already unbuckling her seatbelt. Once she was done, she face me. "Maturity has nothing to do with age." She shrugged her shoulders before leaning towards the backseat to grab her backpack.

She got out of the car and I followed her actions. She walked ahead of me and I followed in steps behind her, thinking back to what she told me in the car and letting it sink in.

Harper stopped in her tracks and turned to face me. "And Melody."

"Huh?" My eyes moved from the concrete ground to her face.

"Be a little confident." Saying this she walked ahead.

"What?" I whispered, my eyes narrowing at what she meant. "What do you mean by that?" I asked running to catch up with her.

***

What do you guys think about Harper?
Don't forget to leave your comments about the chapter and the story so far.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 123K 49
(Previously known as Mr vs Miss Delinquent) Dylan, turned to me slowly before kneeling and collecting my books, when he stood back up he was welcomed...
2.1M 53.5K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
185K 6.5K 41
"Touch me and -" I glare at him. "And what?" He smirks, taking a step forward leaving no space between me and the wall behind me. Amy is starting hig...
50.4K 4K 38
The main rule is 'Stop the cliches' -CC ~*~ In the town where everything cliched occurs, Ella is sent a message with a simple task. These messages...