all i need // l.p {au}

By lovelycliffordx

in which a boy who's had a horrible break up falls for a girl who doesn't believe in love. More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
epilogue

chapter twelve

547 15 11
By lovelycliffordx

On my way to work, I decided to stop at the coffee shop for my usual vanilla latte. It was becoming routine now, coming here. I was standing in the somewhat short line, waiting to place my order, when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Logan, right?" the boy asked when I turned to face him. I recognized him as Liam's friend Niall.

"Yeah, hey," I said with a smile. "You haven't come to the bar with Liam lately. Do you have better things to do?"

He laughed, an infectious sound. "Maybe. I found myself a girl."

I felt a pang in my chest, one that made me wish I could fall for someone easily and be in a happy relationship.

"Well, you should bring her by sometime. I'd love to meet her," I said, trying to just make conversation.

"Yeah, I think she'd like that," he nodded, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

I made it up to the front of the line and told the barista my order. I was pulling out a five dollar bill, when Niall held up his hand.

"I got it, and I'll get a medium iced coffee," he flashed his bright smile at her and I could see her blushing.

"Oh you don't have to do that," I shook my head.

"Nonsense. It's the least I could do for you getting Liam out of his funk," he said, handing over a twenty. "Keep the change, princess." He walked over to wait for his drink and I followed after him.

"Hey, what do you mean I got him 'out of his funk'?" I asked, confused.

"You can't tell me that you don't notice a difference in him from when you first met him and now," he cocked his head to the side and made a face that said it was obvious.

I remembered that he seemed quiet and sort of sad, but now it seemed understandable because of his breakup. I didn't think that I was the reason that he was getting over his ex. "Are you saying that he would still be sad or whatever if it wasn't for me?"

Niall shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just saying that you've helped him out. At first I thought he just needed a rebound, but I can tell he likes you much more than just a rebound." He grabbed his coffee off the counter and headed toward the door. "I'll see ya later," he called with a wave.

My thoughts were a jumble of confusion as I took my latte and made my way into the parking lot to my car. I blasted the air conditioning as a way to try and knock some sense into me. I had trouble believing Niall's words, that I was more than a rebound to Liam. I had never been more than a one night stand to anyone, except maybe Tristan, but I didn't really count him.

I waited a few moments, letting the cool air calm me, before I put my car in drive and drove the short drive to the bar.

"How was your day off?" Tristan asked as soon as I walked through the door.

"Pretty good," I nodded, walking to the back room to put my purse in my locker.

"What'd you do?" he questioned when I walked back out.

"Went to dinner," I shrugged as I set up for my shift.

"With anyone in particular?"

"Tris, why are you asking? It's not like I'm not allowed to have dinner with a boy," I glared at him.

"So you did go on a date?" He wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"It wasn't a date," I rolled my eyes. "It was just dinner with a friend."

"Sure it was," he smirked.

I didn't bother responding to him because I knew he believed I went on a date. "Will you go get me refills of the whiskey? The bottles are almost gone," I changed the subject.

"Sure thing," he nodded and walked back to the storage room.

***

A couple hours later, I saw Liam walk in with Niall and the girl I assumed to be his new girlfriend. They found an open spot at the bar and I had trouble focusing on the drink I was making. I screwed up, having to restart.

"Sorry," I apologized to the customer, one of my regulars.

"No problem, sweet thing. Take all the time you need," he smiled at me, causing me to feel disgusted. I swallowed back my rude response and walked over to Liam and his friends.

"Hi," I smiled sweetly.

"Hey, Logan. I took you up on your offer and brought my girl here," he looked over to her, putting an arm around her waist. "This is Sarahi," he introduced her. She was beautiful, really, as she smiled shyly. Her dark hair was medium length and perfectly straightened. She seemed happy to be here, with Niall.

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled again. I asked for their order and prepared their drinks while we made small talk.

"Niall said we had to come tonight, that he missed coming," Liam laughed. "I couldn't turn down a chance to see you," he winked.

I felt my cheeks redden as I handed them their glasses. "Well, I'll come by in a bit. I have other customers, but it was great to meet you."

As I walked away, I heard Liam ask, "so what do you think?"

I was too far away to hear the response, so I had no idea what he was talking about, but I had a feeling it had to do with me.

I helped out customer after customer, occasionally helping out Liam, Niall, and Sarahi. Last call came quicker than I thought it would and I was pouring the last drinks of the night.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Nah, but thanks for your great service," Niall said, trying to sound sophisticated.

I laughed. "You're welcome, you guys are the best customers," I told them honestly.

"Mind talking after your shift?" Liam asked, standing up.

"Sure, but it'll probably be about twenty minutes," I said, hoping that he would wait. I wanted to know what he wanted to talk about.

"Yeah, no problem. It's a nice night, I can just wait outside."

"Ok, well have a good night you guys," I told Niall and his girlfriend.

"Thanks," Sarahi smiled, grabbing onto Niall's hand as they left. They we so cute together, and I was happy for them, but I felt that same pang in my chest. It was something like longing or jealousy. I wanted what they had, but I was too scared.

I told everyone they needed to finish their drinks, as it was closing time and I began to wipe the bar down. I was finished after fifteen minutes and I walked into the back. Tristan was locking up the storage room.

"I see British boy came by tonight. He's who you went to dinner with, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded, pulling my purse out of my locker and slinging it over my shoulder.

"Can I ask you one thing?" He was leaning against the doorframe of the back room, his blonde hair a disheveled mess.

I sighed, "sure."

"What does he have that I don't? Why are you choosing him over me?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, not realizing that I was even making a choice. I was just trying to figure out what I wanted. Tristan was nice and sweet, but I always only saw him as a friend. I made such a mistake when I slept with him, more than once. Liam was, I didn't know what Liam was. He was more than a friend, but not quite a boyfriend.

"Tris, I can't answer that. You're a great guy, but we don't belong together. I'm not even sure I belong with anyone."

"Alright," he said, his head falling a little. "Have a good night, Logan."

"Thanks you too," I said.

I found Liam leaning against the brick wall outside the bar, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey," I smiled. "What did you want to talk about?"

Liam lifted his head and locked his phone. "You look gorgeous," he said.

"Really, I don't. I just worked my shift and I'm a little sweaty," I rolled my eyes, looking down at my light wash high waisted shorts and lace top.

"You always look gorgeous," he said, his accent coming through. It was something a guy would say to his girlfriend, not a friend and it was making me wish he hadn't said it, even though I liked the compliment.

"Well, thanks," I said, since I wasn't sure what else to.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you something."

I nodded, urging him to go on. I was sure it had to do with taking our friendship to the next level or sometime along those lines. I was not expecting what he said next at all.

"Will you come to London with me? I'd hate to make the trip alone."

please vote and comment, it would mean a lot.

dedicated to horanstrong because she's what's keeping me writing this story(:

i hope everyone has a good weekend. xx zoe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

576 54 27
A girls parents are murdered, and she feels she cant be near anything that will remind her of them. She becomes a California girl and meets the man o...
2.3K 97 3
Where Zayn And Liam Are Rivals And Zayn ends up falling for a guy who's just gonna die. Ziam Au.
1K 47 24
in which a boy overcomes much difficult things in his life, the hardest being seeking attention from the girl he's been in love with. this, being une...
517 0 15
4 Girls, Five guys, 1 crazy adventure, and several different relationships.