Coin (Female-Reader-Insert Sa...

By dustiibunnii

PK Academy Class 2 (+) No, you didn't just move in. No, you're not a transfer student. No, you didn't come a... More

1: Change
2: Replace
3: Dearly Departed
4: Dearly Beloved
5: Squirrel
6: Capability
7: Pre-Game Ritual
8: Dodge-The-Ball
While You Wait
9: Confrontation
10: Him
11: DodgeBall
13: Data
Thank you!
14: Vision
1k
15: Purchase
16: Miss
Updates!
17: Simulation Theory
18: Encounter
Updates:2
19: After

12: Sickness

5.7K 199 109
By dustiibunnii

Present

As usual Saiki goes to class.
He wouldn't really be bothered by your absence today, but yesterday's awkward interaction had left him rather... on edge.
In the cafe that was.
You were sick, he guessed that much. It was because Itano 'coincidently' walked by that Saiki could hear her thoughts and figure that out. The pink-head drummed his fingers against his desk as he thought about you.
Sure, Saiki may have acted out of line, but your sudden urge to leave was expected. You were thought to be the type of introvert who would leave when they can.
There are some people who would stay and take the interrogation -just to be polite- but that wasn't you.
You knew when you needed to leave, and your social cues were on point.

Oh, Saiki looks so deep in thought!
Teruhashi's thoughts filled Saiki's head.

It was already hard enough to ignore the constant hum of the 300+ living beings in this school, but when they are directed at you it's much harder to ignore.
Saiki concludes.

Teruhashi went on to admire Saiki silently and soon more students fill the classroom.

Next Day

Groggily you get up to do your daily routine right away. There was not a minute to lose as you had to work off that fever. (Well just a cough really...)
Your dad had decided it was ok for you to go to school so you chose a mask and would carry on with your day.

Slumping onto your sand-coloured dining chair your breakfast was served right away. "I'm doing half day today so incase you need to come home early I'll be here!" Your dad informs, that silly beige apron swaying with his movements.

You nod and stare hungrily at the golden pancakes covered with your favourite toppings. Dad seems cheerful today...

"Well, dig in honey!"

I don't know what happened to my 'smaller proportions' but this is lit...
Or is it because I'm sick?
Did I get sick because of that?!

Class

At school no-one really pays you any mind. You guess it was the norm for these type of things and even though you thought you knew your country, some things just fly over your head.

"That's a cool designer mask. That's why you didn't come to school yesterday right?" Yoriko asks as she pays no attention to the fact that she got up really close to you...
"Yeah." Your muffled voice replied, feeling uncomfortable.

You were sick. Let's keep at a distance.

Yoriko pats your shoulder sympathetically and you guys go through the day, waiting for lunch-time eagerly.

Lunch

You cough mildly and glance around nervously. No one except sympathetic Yoriko noticed.
These things really are useful...

You pat down your pockets for change to buy lunch, but Yoriko intervenes.
"Let me get that for you (y/n)!" She offers.
You smile apologetically but then realize... she can't see your face.

"Thanks." Was your reply.
The two of you sit down with Toritsuka and you glance at Saiki who was sitting at a table close to yours, and it was empty.
He seems to be minding his own business.
Wait how do I know him again?

"Oh (y/n) you have a cough? That explains why you didn't come yesterday!" Toritsuka comments cheerfully.
You don't reply and start to take off your surgical mask and then suddenly stop.

"Why the hell are you staring at me...?!" You snap, confused and frustrated by their silence.

Yoriko is the first to snap out of it and hits Toritsuka.
"Oh... it's just... well you know that mask kind of covered your mouth so it was hard to see your expressions...  and you know you're usually so... 'impassive'." Yoriko trails off.
"Yeah... I guess this mask makes you look even more scary so yeah..." Toritsuka adds.

You feel your face heat up and yank the mask all the way down. "Well thanks guys for making me feel self-conscious of my body-language it's great to know I'm unfriendly lookin-"

"Oh." You stop, embarrassed.

Sighing you just eat your meal, expecting Yoriko and Toritsuka to continue on with their conversation.
But for some reason it was an awkward silence.
"Guys why aren't you talking? Caught my plague or something...?" You prompt, mouth full of rice.

...

"Ah! Don't joke about that!" A certain angelic voice chimed.
Ah.
Teruhashi sits down at your table and starts talking to you all while taking neat bites out of her own food.
Compared to you... you were stuffing your face.

"So (y/n), you're sick?" Teruhashi worries.

You fight the urge to roll your eyes and you shrug.

What was that about having a surgical mask being not that weird?

A memory takes place and you give a small smile. "Oh... was that joke even funny?" Teruhashi asked innocently, misreading your facial expression.

You wipe your mouth slowly and sit up straighter. "So, Teruhashi. I was wondering about those books you gave me the other day-"

Teruhashi suddenly sits up. "Uh you know what I need to go somewhere so um bye..."
As promised the glowing girl darted out of the cafeteria -fast- and you slump again.
Jeezus she does not want to talk about that... Teruhashi is something else... she is so pretty and kind... and... Probably doesn't have something wrong in the head...
You trail off sadly.
That cursed Em...

Saiki, on the other hand had heard everything and decided sitting with you would be a... an idea.
Given the fact that you might be embarrassed to bring up your last meeting with him he could get more information out of you through Yoriko and Toritsuka.

"Yo Saiki!" Toritsuka greets, and Yoriko smiles as well.
Suddenly the conversation flows again and you feel like something was wrong.
Slurping your noodles you couldn't put your finger on it.

"So going anywhere this weekend?" Yoriko prompts, and you glance at Saiki for his reply.

That's it!
You think suddenly. It was right in front of you the whole time!

Yoriko hasn't mentioned Rau once, and you were sure she has a crush on the rich boy.

What you missed was Saiki fighting to control his surprised then relieved face.

As if on que Rau strolls by your table.
"Hello everyone! How are we today?" You slide your butt away from Yoriko for room.
Rau had decided to sit right in between you two girls and you moved away even more.
Not today jer-

You were now facing Yoriko -who glares at you nastily...-, Rau and Toritsuka from across the table, and the blonde haired glances at you questionably.
You deadpan and point to your surgical mask.

"I'm sick, aho."

Rau smiles gently and he quickly breaks eye contact with you.
Seeing this Yoriko tries signalling to Toritsuka but the violet-head kept staring at her boobs.
"Baka listen to me!" She yells.

Both boys mistake yours and Yoriko's name calling for affection, and Saiki raises an eyebrow. You sigh and shift your position to something more comfortable.
...

You feel something -or someone-, blocking your way. You glance up and realize you have shifted all the way over into Saiki.
Weird...

He doesn't say anything, -surprise surprise- and you move back a couple of inches to stay a good space away from him, but most importantly Rau.

Why... why do I feel this way?
Rau thinks.
My stomach flutters when she calls me an idiot... does (y/n) finally accept me as a friend? After that Itano had called Toritsuka a baka, but that was friendly banter.
Did I finally break the ice?

Saiki glances at you inhaling your second helping of food.

Rau had barely scratched the surface.
He catches a glimpse of a thought of yours that confirmed his hunch.

This guy better lay off...
You don't like Rau very much. That was evident even from before.

Could that be linked to Rau's stabbing?
Funny how no-one asks about it...
Saiki thinks.
I've altered the world so much that these things aren't a big deal anymore...
It's a relief I erased (y/n)'s memory.

Extra...

Saiki senses Teruhashi approaching before she even decides to come over, and he was now stuck with two decisions:
1, move in closer to you or
2, just get the hell out of there.

'Suddenly' Rau spills his drink onto the table and it splashes near Saiki and you.

You jolt out of your seat and narrowly escape the staining liquids, but the pink-haired dud was not spared.
"Oh my Saiki I'm so sorry!" Rau apologizes, and he rubs his cast.
"I should be more carful next time!" Rau adds again, and you start going into a embarrassing fit of violent coughing.

Cough, "Sorry-" cough, "Guys!" You manage to say. You put your mask back on for the rest of it.
This forces you and Saiki to leave the cafeteria, and Teruhashi doesn't even get a chance to talk to Saiki.
It's a win-win, but there is one possibility of something happening...

Briskly walking out your (h/c) hair swished back and forth with your movements as you walk with the soaked boy. In what felt like forever you found a chance to split apart. Going your separate ways, Saiki breaths a small exhale of satisfaction.

Data collection completed.

——————
YO
Wasn't that bad was it?
Yes so Rau is kind of a cliche-ish crush sort of thing, but ah character development you kno... I gotta do that.
Please comment your comments we...
Opinions! Yes! That's a thing lol

Right?

Bai~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501K 9K 44
[Please do not copy or repost anywhere. Please read only on Wattpad, anywhere else this story is published isn't affiliated with me and should be rep...
723K 25.5K 39
"Tch, remind me to never mess with you," Kusuo says and sets my hand down gently. He moves his arms up so they rest comfortably against the back of h...
96.5K 3.5K 95
Saito Okuzaki is a 15 year old chuunibyou that's now starting his new journey called high school. His dream is to be the perfect shadow hero. He thou...
592 44 26
Just how many transfer students does P.K. Academy need?! They always bring trouble - and apparently this 'new' trouble has not only shown up to Kusu...