My Only Love [PG13+] *EDITING*

By falleninfinitybooks

"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to tr... More

My Only Love [PG13+]
Prologue
1. Found
2. Slowly by Slowly..
3. Blackouts
4. The Cold Truth
5. Unfortunate Meetings
6. Forget Me
7. Realization
9. The Ritual
10. I'm Yours.
11. First Date
12. Pup's Out of the Bag
13. On the Road
14. Mark Me
15. Long Lost, Finally Found
16. Proposal
17. The Sacrifice
18. Falling Into Place
19. Our Last Night
20. The Biggest Betrayal
21. Heartbeats
22. Death Is Kindest
23. There Is Only Heartbreak
24. The Healing
25. What Is Life?
26. The Second First Date
Epilogue
Acknowledgement & Sequel News
SEQUEL NOW UP!
HELP YOU AMAZING PEOPLE!

8. Greeted by Death.

13.9K 187 6
By falleninfinitybooks

Okay so this chapter is intense I guess. I don't know how long it's been since my last upload but I hope you don't skip this! Don't hate for what happens next, i know what I'm doing. I was also wondering...do you have feedback? I feel weird for not being told if its going well or not :/ Anyway, I wanted to share with you all something I wrote titled: My Royal Engagement. I know I'm writing other stuff and I'm in between exams and everything but it would mean alot to me if you could just check it out anyway? Have a little faith maybe? :) 
P.S. Information will be at the end of the chapter as well as it's prologue.  

Don't forget to fan/comment/vote! I hope you like this!

P.S. Chapter Dedicated to {CINDYLOUY} For being one of the first people to add "My Only Love" to their reading list :) Thank's ! 
P.P.S. : Song at the side is Enrique Iglesias' Hero. I thought it would fit Gabby's sad situation...she needs a hero too! Play if it you like :) 
*************************** 

Gabrielle's POV

I couldn’t believe my eyes. My mother’s words echoed throughout the forest. I was pretty sure she was using her ability to get across to all the wolves in the room. She just shifted—of course, not caring whether or not she was naked, using her powers to keep the wind still around us.

She looked very much the same of course. Her dark hair was messy around her head, all frizzy and mussed up making her look fierce and gorgeous at the same time. Her brown eyes were like mine but you could see the insanity in them. Of course she’d be insane—after the thing’s she’d gone through? You’d think twice about messing with her. She had the same, slender body, the same tired look.

 I mind linked her using my powers. It hurt at first—her defences were as strong as mine. She mentally smirked at me.

They are pathetic, aren’t they, Gabrielle? She said, gesturing towards the pack. The pack was oblivious but all the males were on guard whilst the she-females looked...pained.

You’re here to warn me, I assume? I ask emotionless.

She grinned inwardly. I’m no fool to weave myself into your business. I am the woman who birthed you not the woman who loves you.

I know. The part of you who loves is long gone. I looked for her once and look what it got me.  I put my arm out and showed her the scar. It was jagged and all wrong, the way it was fixed looked wrong. It was an ugly mark and the teeth bites were obvious. I thought I saw emotion in her eyes but they disappeared as quickly as I’d seen in. She laughed aloud this time.

“You think that will change anything? That was a punishment! One you obviously deserved!” She cackled.

“Mother, tell me then. Why are you here?” I asked as harshly as I could.

 “I’d like to see how this plays out. Don’t worry. He didn’t send me but he will find out I’ve disobeyed his orders soon enough. Now will you tell me why you are mated when you can’t be mated?” she asked harshly.

It hit a nerve. I could feel my head begin to throb—her words stung. Though I didn’t love my mother anymore her words could still affect me harshly. Because what she said was true. Of course there was more than one reason to why I would allow myself to be with Jarred.

Scratch that.

I didn’t want to be with Jarred. I really didn’t...did I? So why was it my wolf felt the need to protect him and not us. Why was it my first thought in the morning was Jarred’s face in the bar—the look of realization that had hit him when he realized who I was to him—it was beautiful.

I remember what I did to him. I wasn’t very good at Casting. Casting was what wolves did to other wolves to make them believe something that isn’t true. The worst thing that could ever come out of my mouth was to say: Forget me—something I didn’t want to say to him. It hurt me to say that to my mate—my mate who I hadn’t even had the chance to get to know. I heard more laughter erupt in the forest and I winced at the sound.

Mother was laughing again.

“You performed a Cast on him!” she laughed. “On your own mate!”

“I’m glad you find this hilarious, Mother.”

“Oh don’t get me started on hilarious, my dear child! This is rich coming from you!”

“YOU DID THIS TO ME! I WONT’ HURT HIM. I REFUSE TO HURT HIM!”

“Tone it down sweetheart, I smell someone.” She said, suddenly looking aware.

“As if we can have anymore freaking visitors on my turf!” We both turned and found a fully naked Jordan standing behind a bush, his hands up in surrender. “It’s just me, Queenie.” he scowled to my mother.

Stupid wolf! Stupid, stupid wolf! Why in the hell would he do something as stupid as this! “What the hell are you thinking shifting and leaving yourself defenceless before a RISER?” I asked, appalled.

“I’m thinking maybe I want to know why the fuck you have the bite mark the size of Uranus on your arm—why your mother, Queenie here seems to be the one who gave it to you and WHY you’re saying that you’re going to hurt Jarred and what in fucks sake does it mean that you performed a cast on him? You’re supposed to be his mate!”

“You don’t know anything!” I growled at him, clenching my fists into balls.  

“Of course I don’t! Help me understand, Elle! You’re his mate! How hard could it possibly be?”

“I’ll end up killing him.” I whispered softly. Somehow the forest felt eerier.

When I was a little girl my father always told me to be careful. I was his little princess after all. Our life was more difficult since I started to walk and talk. My mother hated me and it was so obvious. It was either she’d just walk past me and pretend I didn’t exist or she’d beat me until I passed out. When I started to shift at the age of four my father was reluctant to let me leave because he knew somewhere out there I...I’d have a mate. You see, Risers attract their mates. It’s like some sort of invisible pull—like magnets. It was why I never really left home...because my father didn’t want me to find Jarred. Because even when Jarred would be a little boy he’d feel the connection we had to each other.

My dad was afraid if I’d met Jarred that I’d go haywire like my mother and her mother before her. It was our family curse. Mine to carry. My mother’s to keep. We couldn’t love...it wasn’t possible.  

My dad loved my mother so much. So much that he couldn’t control her insanity—couldn’t help her. She was already broken when he found her...and I was already broken when Jarred found me. He wouldn’t be able to fix me. I wouldn’t let him try because I’d end up hurting him.

My mother made me like this.  

I was crazy like her.

And if I ended up with Jarred I’d end up like her. I’d hurt myself. I’d hurt him. I’d hurt...I’d hurt our children.

The thought made me nauseous. I didn’t want children...did I? I mean, I always loved them but I never thought about being a mother. Now that I knew that Jarred was my...mate, would I risk being with him...risk becoming like the woman who stood before me  now?

I knew the answer. No. I wouldn’t condemn him to a life with a carless, pathetic girl. My power would only destroy him.

“You still don’t understand do you, Gabrielle?” my mother asks me softly. For a moment there was the same slight flash of emotion passing in her eyes. When I began to look into it more the wind hit the forest like a freaky ass hurricane. The wolves ended up howling frantically.

“Stop it mother!”

“Let me borrow some of it then.” She says. Oh...that’s what she came for. Power.

“Are you fucking insane? You think I’ll make you more powerful than you already are? Do you realize how many times you took from me when I was young? Do you realize how weak I’ll be?” I ask, disbelief obvious in my tone.

Another thing I might have missed mentioning...Risers could share their powers with each other. Share for lack of better word...steal. Our powers were our lifeforce. We might be living souls but our powers keep us grounded to the earth. We’re so powerful that we need something to contain us...in which case, our power.

But in some cases there are...Risers who take from other Risers. When you’re young you can’t really protect yourself but when you’re older you can give them some with your consent. I needed my power for the battle I knew was about to come. I needed to know how to defend myself...and Jarred.

My wolf’s thoughts lingered to Jarred again. My mother smirked and entered my mind.

He will die if you refuse to give me some of your power. You are the most powerful she-wolf that lives. You will not get any weaker from this.

Are you freaking kidding, woman? You want me to share my power with you after you’ve tried to kill me countless times. You were involved in my father’s murder—you’re own mate and now you want me to lend you power so that you could possibly use it against my mate and his pack?

You will give it to  me whether you like it or not. You forget that taking is my speciality. Don’t you remember your sister’s death? Do you forget her screams.

I dream about them every night. Every time I close my eyes I remember how you did it yourself before allowing that bastard of yours to finish her off.

“You guys mind  letting me know when you’ll be done with this mental conversation of yours? You realize it’s rude to speak in another language—and don’t tell me Risers don’t have their own means of communication cause I know about Risers.”

This caught my mother’s attention. No. Jordan you fucking idiot! “Jordan I suggest you shut your mouth, right now.”

“What did I say?”

“Just the right things. Now I get both of the things I want.” She grinned, her face mirrored the devils itself.

“And what might they be?” Jordan asked, his face full of pride. He obviously thinks he’s given nothing away but I was my mother’s daughter. I knew what she was here for now—obviously power but she was doing his bidding.

“Mitchell Blakely will be ours.” It was as I dreaded. Mitchell...no...the little boy...Jarred’s baby brother. No! I dug her mind to find out what else there was but she let me in freely...that was it. She came here to find out if there was another Riser. She was going to perform a ritual. A ritual that would end in death.

My heart stopped a little. “You can’t fucking do that! IT’S AGAINST THE LAW!” I shouted. Nonononononono! Please no!

Yes. You can’t tell me what to do you pathetic child. Look at you. You’ve always been weak. Get on your knees!” she yells at me. Her eyes are frantic, hair beginning to blow. I don’t know why but her words affect me so that I fall to my knees, aware that the wolves were watching me.

I couldn’t move. I don’t know why but any thought I wanted to have of escaping were untouchable...just thinking about it confused me. She walked around me using her toe to make a circle on the dirt. It was large enough to contain the both of us.

 I saw someone step forward and come near the circle but I used all the strength I could against my mother to look at them. Jordan looked puzzled, curious and scared...for me I think. But I was just scared to have Corrine’s mate killed.

“STEP INSIDE THE CIRCLE AND YOU WILL DIE. DON’T MOVE.”

My mother cackled. “She’s right! I’ve already called upon the night!”

The darkness swept over us—a grey cloud above us, creating thunder and lightning. The wolves whined and started howl again. I would lie if I say it didn’t hurt my ears.

My mother began to chant:
Power blessed to me by Lupa
rise in me for power
Let my flesh and blood
replenish and renew my being.
Power blessed to me by Lupa
Surround me with strength.
By the power of Lupa
So mote it be
Lupa and Our Ancient Ones
You have heard the royal call
This craft has been completed
Depart with me but gift me power
This Circle is undone, not broken
So mote It be.

I started to feel...tipsy? Yes. Drunk with euphoria. I could feel myself being emptied and I could hear someone scream in pain. There was a ripping sound that seemed to come from somewhere near but my eyes were filled with darkness...somehow I didn’t care.

Not at all. I felt free myself.

Is this death?

Jarred’s POV

I woke up beaded in sweat but realized how disgusting I felt when I moved. There was a pool of blood on my bed and a twisted body of a grey wolf. I blinked again and it disappeared. Jumping off my bed, I felt...broken.

“What the fuck?” I whisper, running my hands through my hair.

My door opened. A girl emerged in a white t-shirt. Her curls were everywhere and she grinned like she knew something I didn’t. She carefully plopped herself on my bed and I hadn’t even realized that she had a bucket of what looked like Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Mud Ice-Cream resting on her thighs whilst she held the spoon and stared at me. Her eyes were boring into my soul.

Whoever she was—wow. She was gorgeous. “Uh...hi?” I said to her, more of a question. My wolf and I want to know her name. We both want to hold her in our arms...but...who was she? It was like someone had turned on the lights in my head. This was Corrine’s friend...what was she doing in my house?

“Well? Sit down, silly. I thought you wanted Ice-cream?”

Okay...what? I pinched myself to find out if I were dreaming...apparently I wasn’t cause that hurt a like a bitch. Damn! Why am I whining? I couldn’t keep my thoughts away from the sexy girl on my bed. Calling her sexy in my mind seemed offensive...not to her...to me. I couldn’t help but think she was so much more. She stretched out her long legs and my eyes trailed up to her legs, stopping at her mid thighs. I gulped. Damn...was it getting hotter?

“Silly boy, you have to stop staring at me like you want to eat me.” She says, pouting.

Maybe I do want to eat you. To have you in every possible way. My wolf growled in agreement but I hadn’t said it aloud. Instead, I sat by her. She opened the bucket and began to eat it...I think she was teasing me because she ate it slowly, keeping the spoon in her mouth and licked it.

Fuck! What the hell! I looked down on my...boxer shorts and realized maybe sitting by her wasn’t such a good idea after all. I gulped again. Yeah...it’s getting hotter.

“Want some?” she asked, sounding breathless.

 “Of what?”

 “You know what.” She said, keeping the spoon at the edge of her lip while she bit it.

Fuck it. I moved on top of her, throwing the bucket of Ice-cream on the ground. I was leaning over her but not putting pressure on her afraid she’d feel my...er, friend that was maybe a little too excited. She put her arms around me and I felt the cold metal of the spoon on my skin, making me moan at the feel of it. Our lips met and moved against each other. It was the perfect moulding...as if we were made to kiss. I tugged on her lip, biting it before she allowed me full entrance to her mouth. She tasted amazing.

I took my shirt off, her helping me with it whilst she rubbed my chest, clawing my back a little. I ripped my shirt of hers and squeezed her breasts, earning a deep moan from her. I was about to unclasp her bra when  her hands stopped at my boxer shorts.

“Wait—wait....” she said, pushing me back a little. I looked at her, feeling like I owned her. Like I needed her. Like I knew her better than I’d known anyone in the world. She was crying. Shit! What had I done?

“What’s wrong, gorgeous?”

“None of this is real...” she whispers.

“What do you mean?” when I ask I felt like my heart would stop. But it didn’t.

“I’m sorry for what I did to you Jarred. You deserve so much better than me.”

My wolf growled at me, disagreeing with her. “You’re supposed to be with me. I don’t know why...but I can feel it...are...are you my mate?”

She smiled a little before crying again. “Yes.”

“Then you’re mine.”

She shook her head. “I won’t allow you to do this to yourself. You’re condemning yourself to something more horrible than you can and would ever be able to imagine.”

“I will do anything to be with you.” I leaned in, closing my eyes as I kissed her forehead.

I thought  I heard her say a soft ‘Goodbye’.

When I opened them she was gone. This girl...this is what I lost. She was mine and I was hers. I—I love her. I may not have remembered her but I could feel her pain eating me up. Losing her hurt—even when she wasn’t actually there.

What just happened was my subconscious...my subconscious trying to remind me that I was mated to  girl who was frightened but mine anyway. I ran downstairs to find Jordan, to tell him that I knew...Gabrielle.

The memories started to flood back when I sat by the kitchen counter. The house was completely empty and just when I remembered something...in a cafeteria I think...the door opened.

Jordan came in wearing only shorts with the wolves following in from behind him. I was about to greet him—to tell him I would find Gabrielle.

If she wasn’t lying in his arms, looking pale and lifeless.

Is this death? 

**************************
I cried writing this :/ Anyway...here's some info on My Royal Engagement:

“I didn’t come here for high school you dimwit. I came here to run away from my commitments  so shut up before we get caught!”

 Juliet Princeton has a dirty little secret. Coming to America to finish her studies and to run away from her ‘commitment’ she also has a goal. She needs to find a husband by the end of her school term. Now how would she do that in a school full of assholes?
Then there’s Romeo—yes, cliché it as much as you want because Juliet hates it too!—Romeo Cartwright the biggest  player who has a secret of his own.
What happens when Romeo crosses with Juliet?
After all, they are supposed to be star-crossed right? So what the hell is this tension that they both have with each other? And what happens when they both reveal each other’s secret?

________________________________

Prologue: 

  “Get your ass out of the way! It’s fucking massive!” he hissed at me through the darkness. 

I tried to straighten up but with what little leg space we had…well you could say it was plenty hard to move against a space that fits brooms and buckets. I felt something hard touch my leg and I immediately smacked it off.

He laughed. God his laugh was sexy but he was irritating as fuck! “Get your baby maker away from me!”

Baby it was just my hand. Relax. And stop squirming! You’re brushing into my tux and it’s custom tailored.”

Ugh. I couldn’t stand this guy! Out of everyone who I would be stuck in a closet with, it just had to be him didn’t it!? But then I got an idea…after all, it was quiet. They would probably stop searching for me by now…right? I turned around—carefully because I didn’t want to rip my dress, but I turned slowly and put my arms around his neck.

He stiffened. This was going to be too much fun! “What are you doing?” he asked, his voice sounding husky.

I ran my fingers through his hair whilst my other hand fumbled with the buttons of his tux. Wow—he was right! The tux was pretty original, custom tailored and all. “I’m giving you what you want. After all those weeks of teasing, I’m finally going to give you what you deserve.”

I purred trying to imitate an American accent. Ha-ha! He was going to be so pissed off after this! Oh gosh—if they found me, I’d gladly do what they wanted me to do if I pulled this off!

“God, Jules—,” he moaned. My name escaping his lips sounded so yum that I actually felt the need to rip off his clothes and take him on the floor.

He did this and I started to kiss his neck, allowing him entrance to mine. I’d be lying if I was saying it wasn’t turning me on. I realized that I was probably feeling hot for him too but I couldn’t let myself be distracted of his fit body! I laughed inwardly at what I was about to do.

I took both my hands away from his hair and waist and worked down to his pants. I could already feel him going hard, it was slow but it was there. His hands reached down to my waist and slowly worked their way down to my arse. I had to stop before I got even more into this then I already was.

He swore as he jumbled with the zipper of my dress. Ha-ha! Yours wasn’t the only one that was custom made! Seriously! I was too funny that after this I’d be on the floor—not having sex with his luscious body but laughing for what would be his shocked expression. I felt the zipper of the back of my dress start to go down.

Holy fuck! He got it! How could he have got it! Suddenly I pressed myself even more to him, finally feeling his erection on my hip. Umm…would I be lying if I said that felt bad? Cause shit I was so turned on that I would probably allow him to take my innocence from me!

Relax Jules! Deep breaths.

It was time to take action. I couldn’t hold the laughter in and I burst out like some sick minded idiot on the ground. There was such little space between us but it was enough for me to sink to my knees and hold myself whilst the tears came out. That was so funny!

I looked up and laughed even more at his shocked and angered expression! His…um…friend was still up and I couldn’t help but notice how…um…big it was. Shit…if I let him take me there it would have been so painful! Argh!

I immediately panicked at his dark expression. He didn’t look angry or shocked. His face turned to a grin. Shit that was sexy.

Was it weird that I was rethinking the size of his…um…friend? Snap out of it Jules! I said as the same time as he sunk his knees too. His knees were wide open and practically wide open into mine which were closed. He leaned forward and began to kiss my neck. Oh god that felt good! I bit my lip and tried to hide  my moan but it didn’t work to my embarrassment. I pushed him back…hard. And he ended up swearing even louder.

Shit! Juliet did you have to do that? I was just having  a little fun.” He said angrily. “You’re such a stiff!”

“Oh shut your mouth!”

“You can shut it for me.” he smirked.

Damn his sexual innuendos. Damn his fit body. Damn the fact that his friend was still visible in the darkness of the janitor’s closet and practically saying ‘Hello’ in giant neon writing.

“Ugh. You’re such a pompous arse.”

“I love it when you talk in your sexy British accent to me. You make me want you so much more.” he said in a fake British accent. Truth be told, it actually didn’t sound fake. I realized if we were facing each other, he’d be winking at me.

“Dim-wit. You realize I speak like this all the time?”

“Hence my point, babe.”

“Don’t babe me!”

Suddenly the door started to open, the knob shaking. I jumped up and practically tried to hide behind him as he started to pull up the zip of his pants. Shit! My dress was down too! I tried to reach my back and it worked—thankfully when the light started to appear from the other side.

“So this is where you’ve been hiding.” 

Like it? Check it out under the "My Works" Section :) x 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 1.7K 18
HEY SO I'VE DECIDED I DIDN'T LIKE THE ENDING SO I'M CONTINUING THE BOOK. IF YOU ALREADY FINISHED IT I SUGGEST CHECKING OUT THE REST! Rejected by her...
1.9K 117 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
516 5 23
“I tucked my light brown hair behind my ear and placed on my warm, light blue winter jacket and headed for the woods. He was here, breathing down my...
790 1 21
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. I had everything a guy could ask for, a loving family, the perfect small-town life...