His Slave | #3 ✔

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #1 in Prank #1 in What's new * *In which Melody becomes the slave of her rival* Senior year... More

Prologue
1: Started from the bottom now we here.
2: Pretty girls.
3: Hideway.
4: Dirty, sexy, money.
5: Young, dumb and broke.
6: Highway to hell.
7: God's plan.
8: A little brave.
9: Hurt to look.
10: What lovers do.
11: Work.
12: Thrift shop.
13: Birthday.
14: Jealous.
15: Unforgettable.
16: Dust till dawn.
17: Secrets.
18: After the party.
19: Misery.
19: Raging.
20: Wildest dream.
21: Hero.
22: Him & I
24: Everything has changed.
25: Young Blood.
26: Kiss and make up.
27: The lucky one.
28: Touch.
29: Like a virgin.
30: No tears left to cry.
31: Pizza.
32: Don't blame me.
33: Back to you.
34: Forgiveness.
Epilogue.

23: Playing with Fire.

8.9K 377 25
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

As soon as I reached home, I finished my homework and waited for Sandra's call. She called me at sharp thirty past three.

Lenny, Sandra and I started our conference call, them asking me about what happened in the storage with Jayden.

"And that's what happen." I ended my narration, making sure not to leave any detail unmentioned. "That can't be pass off as a kiss." I mumbled, a little regretful for not grabbing the chance when I had it in my palm but also relief because who knew how awkward it would be between us if we kissed.

"That's your first kiss!" Lenny squealed.

"No, it's not." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on, who cares about an accidental kiss that happened when you were 14." Sandra pointed out as if it was no big deal but it was.

My first kiss was with the notorious boy in my class when I was in middle school. Calum was his name. He was as usual in his usual self bothering other students, running around in the class and just then he tripped and fell and right on me, his lips landing squarely on mine.

I couldn't even remember the times I washed my mouth and cried in the bathroom because I wanted Jayden to be my first kiss.

But later that same day, Jayden and Calum got into a fight, reason unknown to me. Calum's lips had cut in both sides due to Jayden's punches while Jayden was hit in his jaw and eye.

For some reason, I felt like the reason behind their fight was me. Jayden and I were in good terms back them, when I newly shifted in the house next to his. I continued to believed he did that for me until he had to go and call me ugly later on.

"I care." I sighed, memories of the said kiss replaying in my head. It was long time ago and I wasn't bothered by it anymore but my first kiss was a waste that I couldn't change.

"I have a gut feeling that you two will kiss soon, very soon." Sandra predicted, taking up the role of a soothsayer when not needed.

"You and your- oh wait, I am getting another call." I checked the caller id. It showed Clair's name. Perfect timing.

"I have to take this. Talk to you guys later, bye." without waiting for their responses I hung up.

The reason was partially because I wanted to avoid any further interrogation about the almost kiss and also because Clair might have something important to say or else she'd call the house phone or mum. But mum was out doing grocery shopping with Harper.

"Hello." I accepted her call.

"Hi Melody." Clair's voice sounded slightly panicky. "I need you to do something for me." She rushed her next words out.

"Yes anything." I answered automatically.

"There was a sudden change in dates of presentation. I didn't bring an important file along with me and the meeting will start in an hour, I need to arrange other things too, so I have no time to waste. Jayden is not answering or replying to my messages. You're the only one I can turn to." She was breathing heavily, her words frantic.

"Clair, calm down." I advised her calmly. She tends to ramble when nervous. "I will get the file for you, just tell me where you've kept it." I assured her.

"Oh yes, yes. The file." She blew out a breath. "Um... It's in my bedside table drawer, the last one, black file." She informed me.

"Okay, I will get the file for you as fast as I could." I promised her. Mentally pulling up my hair in a ponytail and putting on my leather boots and jackets, i was ready to go hunting.

"Thank you Melody." She thanked me before hanging up.

Where the hell could Jayden be? He better have a valid reason for not been there when his mum needed him the most.

I rushed out my place and towards Jayden's place. I easily found the spare key, which they hid under the rug.

I entered the empty house and made a beeline for Clair's bedroom.

I spot the bedside table and blew out a breath before crouching down to open the drawer. "Last drawer. Black file." I repeated what she said and pulled the drawer open. Thankfully it was unlocked and I didn't have to stress about finding the key.

I saw the black file on top of other files, with a satisfied smile, I picked the file only to be left puzzled when I saw another black file below the first one, the picked the second file and see another black file.

"What the heck!" I whispered to myself.

She only had black files in the drawer, there were four of them.

My eyes scanned each file, puzzled which one would be the one she needed. And to make the situation worst, I didn't even know what would be the content of the file she needed.

"Let's see what's on the inside and leave the rest to the power of my brain." I assured myself.

I chose the file that i picked first. When I opened it, it was a property paper. "Nope." I closed it quickly and kept it aside.

Next, I picked the last file that was in the drawer. It was a document about inheritance of property. I was going to close it too but a particular name caught my attention.

Jayden King, son of Martin Snow.

I was aware that Jayden didn't use his father's surname and instead his mother's but I never knew what his father's name was.

And I might be overthinking but the surname Snow, it was not my first time coming across this name. It couldn't possibly be what I was thinking.
So was that the reason why Jayden don't like him and cause all sorts of trouble yet he was never punished?

Oh my god, Jayden's father was the son of...

"This can't b-." I squeaked in surprise when the file was suddenly snatched out of my hand.

"You can be put behind bars for snooping around other people's house." He commented with an amused smile before looking at the file he had in his hand which was previously on mine.

"Jayden...." I was still crouched down as I looked up at him with wide eyes. He towered over me, his face clearly to my view. I anticipated for his reaction as his eyes scanned the document before closing it shut. His jaw taunt and filled with tension.

This wasn't looking so good.

"I wasn't snooping around." I clarified. "I was just getting a file for Clair." I answered honestly.

"You found it?" He asked, all traces of humour vanished.

"No, I don't know which one." I showed him the black files.

"Let me see." He crouched down beside me, his eyes going over the files.

"I've checked that." He was about to pick the file which I had already checked so I stopped him.

He opened the file other files one by one and read the contents. "This is the one." He declared closing the file which was placed third in the drawer.

I arranged the other three files and placed them where they previously were before closing the door.

"Come." Jayden was on his feet as he offered me his hand to take.

My lips pulled up at the corner as I couldn't content my emotions. I was so close to squealing like a little a girl because his action made me all fuzzy and happy.

Happily, I lifted my hand up and to put in his but he quickly retrieved his hand back and ran it over his hair so I ended up grabbing the air instead of his hand.

"Jerk!" I scowled at the boy looking down at me with amused smile.

I should have known, it was too good to be true. It was Jayden who I was talking about. I should have known.

"You're perfectly capable of getting up on your own." He commented with a sly smile.

Huffing out a breath, I narrowed my eyes at him and grabbed his jeans.

"What are you doing?" Jayden asked, a little surprised by my action. He grabbed the file with one hand and the hem of his jeans with the other.

"I will use you as a ladder to get up." I grounded the words out as my hands fisted in his jeans, then I grabbed his belt hoops.

"You'll rip it." Jayden cried, horrified by my actions.

Then I grabbed his shirt, then arm and finally was on my feet.

"You're crazy." Jayden looked at me in bewilderment.

"I know." I flipped my hair to put an extra effect to my words. I saw a tiny smile breaking on his lips, as his eyes shone with warmth and amusement.

My heart was acting crazy again.

Don't be fooled. Ignore, ignore, ignore. I chanted these words to myself.

"I'll take this." I snatched the file from his hand and walked out of Clair's bedroom, making my way towards the exit.

Jayden wordlessly followed behind me closely. We exited the house and I waited for him as he locked the front door.

"You should hand this to get quickly." I handed the file to Jayden when he was near me. He didn't take the file but quirk a brow my way.

"What are you doing? Take it." I forced the file into his hands but he still didn't take it.

"I thought mum asked you to bring her the file." Jayden crossed his arms.

"Yes, but now you're here." I explained the obvious.

"I am not going." He refused. He checked the time on his wrist watch before smiling innocently. "You've already wasted half an hour."

"You...you...you..." I pointed a finger at him ready to curse him out but the stress of the limited time in my hand made me nervous and I couldn't come up with any insult.

Giving up, I stomped my foot in annoyance. I turned around to ready to run straight to my car but was stopped by a hand over my wrist.

"What..." I looked down the hand that grabbed me.

"Let me give you a ride." Jayden offered, a smirk on his lips. He was willing to give me a ride in his expensive car?

My mind was screaming yes, she wanted to feel the luxurious interior of the car but the sensible part wasn't swayed so easily and instead was firing me with questions.

Was he serious now? Was this funny? Shouldn't he be more stress out because this matter was related to his mum? Why were our roles reversed?

"Isn't it same as you driving there and handing the file to her?" I asked exasperatedly.

What goes in that head of his was out of my reasoning.

"I rather have you along with me." He let go of my wrist to grab me by my elbow. "Come." He pulled me towards his car which was parked in the driveway.

He probably drove it here when I was searching for the files because the car wasn't here when I rushed here.

He opened the door for me, and jerked his chin telling me to get in. "Don't you think this is absurd?" I asked not getting in. I wanted to get in but my pride wasn't allowing to me to let go of this.

I was addressing to his weird behavior to not deliver the file but willing to give me ride there. What was he even thinking?

Jayden let go of my arm and smiled. "We can have this conversation right now if you want." He paused. "We have all the time." He put emphasized on the words all the time another innuendo in the words.

He made a move to close the door but I held it open with both my hands. "We can talk in the car." I nodded giving him a forced smile, he looked satisfied with my answer.

The door closed as I got in and Jayden ran towards the other side, getting in seconds later. He put on his seatbelt and looked in my direction.

"Seatbelt." He informed me.

"Oh." My hands worked on the seatbelt hastily. The file safely over my lap.

"Let's go." Jayden started his car and drove towards Clair's office.

The eyes scanned the interior of the car, the rich designs and the smooth functioning of it.

"You can touch it if you want." Jayden chuckled, his eyes on me briefly. He probably saw me ogling his car.

I was going to touch and feel the designs when he slapped my hand away, lightly. "On a second thought, don't." His eyes were back on the read after pushing my hand away.

"But you said I can." My tone took a slightly whiny tone.

"The first time you touched it, you left stains. I am not taking any chances." He spoke looking straight ahead.

"That was a mistake and I am still repaying for what I did, aren't I?" I scowled leaning back on the seat.

"You should take responsibility of your actions." He used my dad's words.

"I know, I know." I muttered looking around the car. The more I looked, the more fascinating and beautiful it got.

"This is nice." I was talking about the comfortable seat and the interior was beautiful. Jayden's eyes eyes met mine briefly and we smiled at each other.

I looked out of the window as he continued to drive.

"Can you give me a ride to school everyday?" I asked Jayden, jokingly. "Since we go to the same school."

"Sure." He agreed without any hesitation.

Even though I was only joking when I asked him to let me drive with him, I couldn't turn it down when he agreed so willingly.

"Really?" I was grinning.

"No." Jayden scoffed.

I should have known. Darn it.

"Jerk."

Jayden smirked, he probably added minutes to his life by teasing and making fun of me and me always falling for his tricks.

"Wait, I thought Clair couldn't reach you." I suddenly remembered our conversation of the phone. She clearly mentioned she couldn't Jayden reach him.

"So?" Jayden didn't get my point.

"So how'd you know what file she asked for?" I queried. Was he psychic? Pft, never, if he was he'd know about my feelings by now.

I saw Jayden roll his eyes at my question. It wasn't an annoyed roll of his eyes but you're so stupid type of an eye roll.

"She had sent a dozen texts all repeating the same thing- what file, which file and where it was." Jayden answered.

"Ahh, I see." I nodded in understanding, then my mind raced to the file I had seen when searching for Clair's file and which was snatched by Jayden.

I was curious and my curiosity got the best of me.

"Um... About that file..." I paused to gauge his reaction. At the mention of the file, his fave turned blank.

I knew, by bringing up this topic I was walking on thin ice which would or could break any moment but that thought didn't stop me from my further queries.

"Martin Snow." I said his father's name slowly and cautiously. My eyes fixated on Jayden, taking note of his every reaction.

I never once heard Jayden mention his father nor did he or they ever visited each other. All I knew was that, Clair and her husband divorced when Jayden was only four years old.

Apart from that piece of information, i knew nothing about his father but it was known fact that their relationships were strained and Jayden probably don't like his father.

"Is he somehow related to our principal?" I asked the question that had struck me as soon as I had read that name. Morris Snow was our Principal's name, they even had the same initials which further raised my suspicious.

When I gave a thorough thought on the issue, I remembered the time our ex- principal was replaced by Morris Snow- it was four years ago when we first started high school and were a fresher.

All this possibly couldn't be just a mere coincidence, could it be? Was i over thinking everything and trying to find connections between the two different issues?

My curious was further fed when Jayden didn't answered, he kept driving. His face blank.

I tried again. "Is he the son of our principal?" I fired the question.

I wasn't expecting a response and had thought he would continue ignoring me but surprising he answered me, which didn't quench my curiosity but fed it more. "Yes."

His response left me with a gaping mouth. So, all of the dots I had joined wasn't a coincidence.

"No more questions." Jayden spoke up.

How did he know I was going to interrogate him further? Psychic?

"But..." I want to know. I wanted to scream at him.

He was always so closed off when it came to his personal feelings and things that bother him. I didn't know anything about him which infuriated me because I wanted to know him more, I wanted to know what he hates, what he loves, what excites him. When it came to Jayden I wanted to know everything about him but he never gave me a chance to.

Maybe he never would.

"Later."

"What?" I turned to him with furrowed eyes.

"We will talk about it later." He explained. There was a promise in his sentence.

"Okay." I nodded at him. A small smile taking place on my face.

Maybe I might have a chance to know him a little more today.

***

Jayden is finally opening up to Melody! I am so happy for my little babies.

P.s- The title of this chapter. If you know what I mean.

Drop you thoughts on the chapter.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 3.6K 34
A romcom story about a girl and her brother's best friend who always annoyed her but suddenly started acting all possessive over her. ~~ "Don't you...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
50.4K 4K 38
The main rule is 'Stop the cliches' -CC ~*~ In the town where everything cliched occurs, Ella is sent a message with a simple task. These messages...
4K 255 26
Melody Knight an eighteen year old girl that moved in her new dorm at UCLA University, she wasn't a social person because all her life she would stay...