Lockheart's Curse

By AugustWolfheart

In the first book of the series, Seven years pass since Dante's execution, he returns stronger than ever to w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 36

17 4 0
By AugustWolfheart

(Moments after Stephen and Mori make their exit, Mikael appears and claps his hands freeing both Azura and Vincent from Mori's Time Freeze.)

Azura: What the?!?

Vincent: What just happened?!?

Azura: That runt with the Prince froze us in time, letting them get away with the last piece.

Mikael: Nevermind that. Let us be on our way.

Azura: Not after I get my hands on Stephen and his friend.

Mikael: The time for preparations is done, Azura. While we do not have all the pieces, we have most of them.

Vincent: I'm afraid I don't get what you're saying?

Mikael: Ready your men, Azura. It's time we take a trip to the Lockheart Kingdom. The final battle is upon us.

(As Mikael says Azura starts to grin as the excitement starts to build up inside her.)

Azura: Its about time.

(Back over to the Lockheart Kingdom, in the tower, Dante's mind is still trying to fight off the chaos. As he balls up on the floor, the veins in his forehead begin to show as the mental strain is taking a heavy toll on him. Dante then calls out for the guards. After yelling for a few minutes,  one of the guards' cave and goes up top to see what's going on.)

Guard: If this is about you not wanting a red apple, I'm going to come in there and beat the living hell out of you!

Dante: Please...Go get my mother.

Guard: What for? Why sure I go and disturb the Queen? What? Because you said so? I don't think so.

Dante: You don't understand. I need her assistance...Now!!!

(As Dante says this, his eyes changed into the Shuketsugan for a brief moment, but quickly returns to normal.)

Guard: Okay. I will go alert the Queen.

(As the guard walks away, Stephen and Mori both arrive back at the Kingdom. Once there, they go to the palace where they are greeted by Mason.)

Mason: Back so soon?

Mori: Yes my lord. And we bring great news along with us.

(As Mori says this, Stephen shows Mason the last piece of the Cube.)

Mason: Excellent work you two. Give it here, I'll go put this in the Lockheart Archives.

Stephen: Is mother still dealing with the crystal?

(Just as Stephen asks this, Kate walks down the aisle as she enters the palace.)

Kate: You're back so soon. I take it you've retrieved the final piece of the cube?

Stephen: I have.

Mason: I'm going to take to the archives if that's okay with you?

Kate: Yes, the archives is a good place to store it. We don't know how much time we'll have left until Mikael makes his move.

(As Kate says this, a guard enters the room.

Guard: Please excuse the intrusion, my Queen, but I'm am here by the constant request of Dante. He says its important and judging by how he looks I'd say he's telling the truth.

Mason: Just who does he think he is by requesting the Queen. You go back there and tell him his request fell on deaf ears.

Kate: No. I will go.

Mason: I don't understand why are you entertaining him? Clearly, he is delusional. He thinks that he can try and guilt you into letting him go free.

Kate: That isn't true.

Mason: Do you want to know what I think? I think he knows that his time is running out. It very simple really. Can you honestly say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for him can you, my Queen?

(As Mason says this, Kate looks on and tries for answer, but realizes that she can't.)

Mason: I thought not. That is why I decided to invite The Region Council to deal with the matter.

Kate: You did what? You invited the Council at this time?!? Of all times, Mason? Is your hubris that thick that you cannot see that this isn't the best time to do this?!? We are anticipating an attack at any moment and still, your first thought is quickly get rid of boy you tried to get rid of seven years ago.

Mason: Would you please give it a rest! Am I the only one who knows that he is a mass murderer. He has laid numerous waste to several homes and has killed his fair share of families. You must be put down, he will be put down. And that is the end of the conversation. I do hope you enjoy your ever fleeting moments with the bastard.

(Having heard enough, Stephen breaks his silence.)

Stephen: Enough father! That's enough!

(After saying Stephen looks at his mother, then proceeds to leave.)

Stephen: I'm going to go get some air.

(As Stephen leaves, Kate looks back towards Mason.)

Kate: How I wonder what happened to you? The man I loved never had this level of hatred in his heart. Was my sin that unforgivable?

Mason: You want an answer? Yes. Yes, it was. Never in my life have I ever felt so betrayed.

Kate: And never in my life have I ever been so abandoned.

(As Kate says this Mason lowers his head.)

Kate: Do you now understand why I gravitate towards him? You see, we've both been abandoned by someone who we thought loved us.

Mason: Kate...I never meant-

Kate: Save it. I do wish you find yourself because I don't know how long I can continue doing this.

(As she says this, tear falls down her face as she leaves. She then wipes her face as she makes her way to the tower. Once there she makes her way to the top via a portal. Immediately after her arrival, Dante notices something.)

Kate: You requested me?

Dante: What's with that look? Have you been crying mother? Was it Mason?

Kate: I do not want to talk about it.

Dante: Good, because I don't want to waste any more time talking about him. I've spent more than enough time thinking about him.

Kate: The Guard mentioned your incessant demands. He said that it was urgent so what is it?

Dante: I'm afraid that I need a favor from you.

Kate: What kind of favor?

Dante: You know that besides everything with Mikael, I haven't told you much of anything. What I'm asking of you will, in turn, reveal a lot of my past to you.

(Curious by Dante's words, Kate gestures to Dante to keep going.)

Dante: I'm sure you're aware of what happened to the Nanbu District?

Kate: A spell, to be more specific a Land Void spell which can only be cast with the use of Sacrificial Magic. Are you saying that you were involved in that?

Dante: Not in the way you're thinking. However, it was there where my current predicament began. If you go through my mind, you'll know everything regarding what happened there.

Kate: Aren't you afraid that I might learn some of your many secrets?

Dante: No. If there was one person I could trust with my secrets it would be you. Nevertheless, you must see what happened before tackling my dilemma.

Kate: Very well then, I'll help you.

Dante: Before we start, I think that I should warn you. This thing in my head, the chant you will hear is contagious, you mustn't listen to it or else it will find a hole in your mind and slowly, but surely drive you mad. Do you understand?

Kate: I do.

(As Kate says this, she enter Dante's cell and removes the magic cube she placed Dante in. Then Dante sits on the floor and Kate gets on her knees and places her hands on both sides of Dante's head and is then instantly pulled inside his mind.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 2 62
After the success of the first layer, Kibishi, Taoreta, Akuma, and Kujira moved alongside H.U.M.A.N.I.T.Y. towards the second layer! A new layer me...
458 10 5
hikari's journey puts him into a world of violence, betrayal, and difficult decisions. as he grapples with his identity and morality, hikari must nav...
Lonis By

Action

453 82 12
In a world where the once ordinary transforms into a nightmarish realm of bloodshed, "Lonis" beckons readers into a gripping tale of survival and mys...
125 19 21
A clan from long ago rises up from the ashes of their isolation. This world has human and creatures blended together, each person has a slightly dif...