CRAZY ABOUT BOYS | FINDING TH...

By Amberdorn

💞Completed. 💞3rd place in the Upcoming Writer Award 2019 I feel different when I'm around him. I go crazy... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Will you be My Girl?
Chapter 2: Time of Death?
Chapter 3: LUCK!!
Chapter 4: Acceptance
Chapter 5: Can We All Be Friends?
Chapter 6: What Just Happened?!
Chapter 8: The Confrontation
Chapter 9: A New Beginning: Getting to Know The Girls.
Chapter 10: Chimp, Eric and a wristwatch
Chapter 11: Ice-cream and Friends
Chapter 12: Don't shave my brows!
Chapter 13: Dimples with a folded note
Chapter 14: Will You Keep it Down!
Chapter 15: Hands full
Chapter 16: Finally In the Open
Author's Note
Chapter 17: Cuteness, rudeness and apologies.
Chapter 18: Blunt, Brief and precise
Chapter 19: Just Like Your Father!
CASTS
Chapter 20: A Moment With Amanda
Chapter 21: Mystery Revealed
Chapter 22: Debby Downers
Chapter 23: Not For Free
Chapter 24: Heartbeats, White Grins and punches
Chapter 25: Bossier than my Dad
Chapter 26: Mrs. Strange and Mr. Crazy
Chapter 27: Why do I Care?
Chapter 28: A Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 29: A Day Gone Wrong II
Chapter 30: Christina Perri~Human
Chapter 31: Highlighting The Unknown
Chapter 32: A Lot of Tension
Chapter 33: Corporate Harry and a Lesson with Diamond
Chapter 34: The Big Why's
Chapter 35: Red Skull: a Righteous Death by a Righteous Kill
Chapter 36: The D-day
Chapter 37: Extra! Extra!!
Chapter 38: Beautiful Smiles, Divided Hearts.
Chapter 39: Spaced Out
Chapter 40: Twice Bitten, ...?
Chapter 41: Bolu, Ayo or Brother?
Chapter 42: Sparks
Chapter 43: Extra! Extra!!
Chapter 44: Beauty and The Beast
Chapter 45: The Talk
Chapter 46: Wearing a Mask
So I got Tagged...
Chapter 47: Doubt
Chapter 48: Wearing a Mask Well
Chapter 49: Unanswered questions
Chapter 50: A Jealous Best Friend
Chapter 51: Sick to the stomach
Chapter 52: Shaken
Chapter 53: I Only Have Eyes for You
Chapter 54: A Masked Man in Nightmares
Chapter 55: Drunk in thoughts
Chapter 56: Hurt beyond Healing
Chapter 57: Ellie Goulding ~ Here's to us
EXTRA! EXTRA!!
Questions?
Author's Note
Announcement
NEW BOOK ALERT
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 7: The Revelation

278 67 18
By Amberdorn

A/N: Want to dedicate this chapter to a friend, AdedoyinAyeni. She's the reason I decide to update my book. Her words made me rethink not continuing this book. So thank you, girlie. You did more than just comment, you encouraged me.

The week was already over and another had just begun.

It's a Sunday morning and I'm on my bed still wondering why Mariam would tell Eric that I said we are in a relationship.

Before today, I have been trying to explain to Eric that what he heard was a lie but obviously he doesn't want to hear from me and trusts Mariam more than he trusts me. I'm really hurt by this.

I've been trying to get to Mariam but she either hangs up on the ringing or she doesn't answer at all.

My phone rings in my hand and I turn it over and see the caller's ID: Dare.

"Hey."

"Hey, how are you feeling?" his voice holds so much concern for me and I'm touched that at least HE believes me.

"Just fine." I lie. I'm not fine at all. I keep trying to forget what happened that day but it keeps replaying in my head like a death scene from a movie.

Dare notices that I lied and say he knows I'm not.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." I tell him.

"Meet me at the Relaxation Centre now." He tells me but it seemed more like an order. I sigh in defeat and reply an OK before he hangs up.

I put my phone down on the bed before letting my leg touch the floor. I walk over to my wardrobe and search for something simple and comfortable to wear.

With the other girls still sleeping on their beds, I leave the room as quietly as I can.

The Relaxation center is a bit far from the field, in an enclosed area. It was a large area covered mostly with trees which served as shades and there were fancy benches built under them. If you came out alone, very early, to have some peace and quietness, the relaxation center was the perfect place to be. But for now, it was filled with crazy students, chattering, taking selfies and eating.

I see Dare at a corner with a girl beside him on the bench. They seem to be really deep in their conversation and he has his hand over her shoulder.

I don't want to be the third wheel amongst them.

With that said, I turn back towards the hostel. I only walked a few steps before a hand grabbed my arm. I turn and see it's Dare. He must have seen me before I made up my mind to leave.

"Where are you going to? I called you out here, didn't I?" he raises a questioning brow before releasing my arm.

"You seemed busy." I nod at the girl he was talking to. She was still sitting on the bench but was now talking to another boy.

Lucky her. She gets all the cute boys.

"I called you, not the other way around." He tells me and takes my hand. We start to walk towards the girl he was talking with and I glance at the set of students making this place noisy.

Don't this people go to bed? It's just 8 in the morning and they're already outside making a hell of a noise.

He stops walking and I stop beside him and turn to the faces now staring at Dare and I.

"Anita, meet Deborah. Deborah, meet Anita." Dare introduces me to the girl. I notice she's just my height when she stood up to give me a welcoming hug with a 'nice to meet you' smile.

She's prettier than you, Debby: I frown inwardly.

"Nice to meet you too." I tell her when we pull from the embrace.

"And that's Harry." Dare introduces me to the guy Anita was talking to. From where he's still sitting with a hand over the chair, he gives a charming smirk and waves a hello at me.

I reply his hello with a smile and a shy wave.

"These are my crazy friends and if Harry says anything to you ignore him." Dare says and I chuckle, the others laughing.

"Don't listen to him." Harry defends. "He's the one you should be avoiding not me. That dude is much more crazy than I am."

"Hmm." I turn to Dare and he scoffs and starts to take me to the end of the bench where we sit. It's a long one so it puts much distance between his friends and us.

"You guys seem like you've been friends for long." I start the conversation and catch a quick glimpse of Anita laughing hard at something Harry must have said.

"Yeah. We stay in the same neighborhood. We've been friends for more than three years now." He answers and glances at his friends. I notice he doesn't look to happy with the conversation between Harry and Anita.

From the look he gave them and the way he sat so close to Anita when they were talking, I figure he likes her but hasn't told her yet and I wonder why. I'm curious but I won't ask. We just met and I wouldn't want to jump into anything regarding his personal life.

But if you think of it, we're alike. Staring at that one person from afar with a longing feeling; afraid that if we get any closer, things might get worse.

"You guys attended the same school?" I ask to clear the awkward air that was starting to creep in.

"Nah. We just hung out after school. I knew Harry before Anita. Harry and I have been close since Junior Secondary School and Anita moved into the neighborhood when we became seniors."

"Hmm. Nice." I just say.

There is a very noticeable silence between us and I start to fiddle with the end of my blue top while he texted someone on his phone. I don't know who it is. I didn't bother to check.

"You still haven't talked to Eric's girlfriend?" he asks and I'm a bit caught off guard by his question.

"Yeah." I finally answer, not taking my eyes from my top.

"I really don't understand what's really going on." Dare starts. "I talked to her yesterday and she said someone told her you and Eric are dating."
"What?" I look up from my top to his face.

"Yeah. That's what she said." he puts a hand over the bench and turns to me.

"Did she tell you who?"

"No, she didn't but do you have any idea who could have?"

I think for a while. I don't have enemies or anyone who would do such a thing. Diamond might do something like that but she doesn't have Mariam's number.

"No." I finally answer.

"Are you sure?" he asks, noticing the less convincing answer I gave.

"There is this girl, my roommate. She likes Eric a lot and a few days ago, we had an argument and she promised she'd make Eric hers but I don't think she's the one. She doesn't even have Mariam's number."

"Have ever given her your phone? Maybe to make a phone call or text?"

"No, I haven't -" my memory clicks to when she asked me to give her my phone because the light went off in the bathroom.
"Wait, I have. That day in the bathroom." I say slowly staring at the ground, at nothing in particular.
"But my phone was locked." I try to convince myself.

"Are you sure?" he urges on and I look at him, my head hurting from trying to force the memory of me locking my phone.

"Oh my goodness." I gasp when I realize that I didn't lock my phone before giving it to her.
"That crazy bitch-"

"Calm down." Dare says calmly, a hand on my shoulder.
"We still don't know it's her."

"What do you mean? She's definitely the one." I snap.

All this while I have been tormenting myself, I didn't know the cause of my problem was right in front of me.

I was going to make sure I pull her hair from their roots till she begs for mercy and even if she does, I'll still make sure she never remains the same.

I was still calculating my revenge when I realized Dare was on the phone. From his questions, I could tell he was talking to Mariam. I wanted to snatch the phone from him and scream at Mariam for being so gullible and stupid but I calmed down, trying to reason with my action. If I did scream at her, what exactly would I gain from it?

"What did she say?" I ask when Dare finally got off the phone with Mariam.

He had asked her who exactly called her, whether a male or a female and what number he/she used.

With his eyes on his phone, I trace what he's looking at. Mariam had sent a text to him.

"Is this the girl's number?" Dare tilts the phone to face me a little, for me to see.

"I don't have her number so I can't tell." I answer with disappointment.
"But I do have someone who might." I remember immediately.

I dial Amanda's number and thankfully immediately it rings, she answers.

"Hello, Amanda. Good morning."

"Good morning. How are you?"

"I'm fine and you?"

"I'm Ok. Where did you go to? I woke up and didn't see you?"

"I went to see a friend."

"Ok."

"Yeah. Sorry to disturb you but do you have Diamond's number?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Great. Send it to me then."

"Ok."

"Thanks."

I hang up immediately and wait patiently for a text from Amanda. Thankfully, she didn't ask any question.

In less than a minute, I receive a text from her and don't waste time to read it.

"It's not the number." It was more like a question than a confirmation after we had compared the numbers and seen the difference.

"I told you." Dare points out.

"Call the number." I refer to the one on his phone and he nods in agreement.

Please vote and comment your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 55.7K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...
7.1K 1.3K 43
💞Completed. Started: 25 - 01 - 2019 Finished: - 02 - 2020 What do you do when your sister suddenly goes missing? Do you cry your eyes out and burno...
876K 17.7K 47
DISCLAIMER: VERY CRINGE. The updated version is out currently and hopefully not as bad. PART 2 IS OUT!!!! * "I've always wondered how you'll taste."...
41.7K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...