Designs of Love (TP2)

By pseudoannie

(Complete) When Jennifer Dixon entered their impeccably decorated apartment, she was glad it was quiet and em... More

Designs Of Love
1 -Jennifer Dixon, New York City
2 - Alex Goodwin, Maine
3 -Jennifer and Sterling Dixon
4 - Jen/ Alex
5 - Alex/ Jen
6 - Alex
7 -Jen
8 - Alex and Kate
9 - Jen and Avery
10 - Alex
11 - Jen
12 - Sterling/ Jen
13 - Alex/ Avery
14 - Jen
15 - Alex
16 - Jen
17 - Sterling/ Alex/ Jen
18 - Jen/ Alex
19 - Jen/ Alex
20 - Jen
21 - Alex
22 - Jen
23 - Tom/ Alex
24 - Jen
25 - Alex
26 - Avery/ Sterling/Jen
27 - Kate/ Alex
28 - Jen
29 - Avery/ Jen/ Avery again
30 - Alex/ Jen
31 - Alex/ Avery
32 - Kate/ Jen
33 - Alex/ Jen
34 - Avery/ Jen/ Alex
35 - Jen and Alex
37 - Alex/ Kate
38 - Jen
39 - Kate/ Alex
40 - Jen/ Avery
41 - Alex/ Jen
42 - Alex/ Jen/ Alex
43 - Jen
44 - Alex/ Jen
45 - Sterling/ Alex
46 - Jen/ Kate/ Alex
Bonus Chapter: Jen and Megan and a song
47 - Jen/ Alex/ Jen
48 - Alex/ Jen
49 - Alex
50 - Jen
51 - Alex and Jen
52 - Jen Goodwin, The Point

36 - Avery/ Jen/ Alex

5.4K 363 9
By pseudoannie

Avery

She woke when Tom came back to bed. "Sorry." He whispered.

"S'okay. Hold me." She let Tom's hands travel as he held her. "Are they awake? Are they smiling?"

"They're happy, but I'm worried. He's not going to get burned is he?"

"No, as long as they work out the distance."

"She told me to ask you about what happened with the husband."

"You're worried about your brother. Believe me, she is never going back to him." Avery knew that Jen hated talking about it, so she told Tom the sordid details. "She's mortified and doesn't like to talk about it. It's bad enough this guy works for them."

"I feel bad now for doubting her. That explains why Alex's willing to get involved with her."

"I don't think Alex had a choice. I think his heart is leading the way."

"Could they be in love this soon?"

"They've been falling in love for almost three months. It didn't take you that long."

Tired of talking she quieted him with a kiss. Secretly Avery had her concerns too. Hers were that Alex would break Jen's heart. Her friend deserved happiness.

Jen

The weekend flew, and Jen kissed Alex goodbye. She was determined to stay strong. If she wanted her career and Alex, she had to get used to being away from him and this week Avery would be away too.

On Sunday morning, Alex said, "Friday is poker. I could skip it, but there will be questions."

"Go. I'll fly in on the later flight and grab an Uber."

"We may finish by ten."

"Don't go running out the door. Leave a key for me and I'll be waiting for you."

"What will you be wearing?" He pulled her into his arms.

"Maybe nothing."

Later Alex called after he arrived home. They talked briefly, but they were both tired. When Jen went to bed, she already missed his arms around her. Just thinking of being with him made her skin tingle. All the time when she was attracted to him she imagined that sex with him would be wonderful and she was right it was beyond wonderful. It was amazing.

The week dragged even with her best efforts to keep busy. She had a lot of work scheduled to keep her out of the office. She was too happy to be miserable around Sterling. It was bad enough that she had to sit through two more client lunches with him. The calls had died down, and the buzz of the press release was over. Still, he needed to call her constantly. Thankfully, he only called once over the weekend. He had to be the go-between for Trevor who had a question. Jen said, "Tell him he can text me, but if he mentions anything personal, I won't answer. How are you is too personal."

"You took care of him. Remind me not to get on your bad side. Oh right, I've been there before." Alex teased.

"We didn't get along for one day at the most. I told you I decided you weren't so bad when you offered me blueprints." She kissed him.

When they parted, he said, "I'll show you my blueprints anytime."

Every night they spoke for hours. On Tuesday, he said, "That couple from Boston is coming to see my house. Didn't they want to hire you?"

"I'm not sure I can get Sterling to agree, but if they call, I'll try to convince him." She could threaten him, but she didn't like manipulating him since it wasn't in her nature. "You need to find a place to live."

"I'm looking at a place tomorrow. It looks promising online." He gave her the information to look it up.

"It's ugly, but that's cosmetic. You may want to open it up. The kitchen looks small. That's a good central location in town though."

"I'll let you pick the colors," he said erotically.

"You know how to turn a girl on."

Alex

Alex had multiple projects, including the one with difficult clients and now he was selling his house and buying another. The couple interested in his house wanted to see it on Saturday. Alex told Jen they could just hang out at the beach.

He stopped in to see Rick, but there was no news of the house he wanted. Some days, he felt guilty talking to Rick because of his relationship with Jen, Rick's married daughter. Other days, talking to him made him feel closer to her. Truthfully because he was so busy, being away from her was not as excruciating as he thought it might be. Still, Friday night couldn't come soon enough.

When Friday finally arrived, he put clean sheets on the bed. He showered for poker and left a key hidden for Jen before he headed to Peter's. When Megan greeted him, he felt guilty about his secret. He just couldn't go public with their relationship until Jen's divorce was final.

He was distracted, but not nearly as bad as the night Jen was there. He lost a lot that night. He relaxed a little when she texted she was at her gate waiting to board.

"Who are you texting Alex? Do you have a new girl?" Dan asked.

Everyone stopped and looked at him. "Just my realtor, I'm buying and selling."

"Any word on the Blake house?" Peter asked.

"No, but if you hear anything let me know."

"If Rick is keeping an ear out for news, then you'll know first. Nothing happens around here that he doesn't know about," Peter said.

Alex thought I wouldn't be so sure about that. Something was definitely happening with his daughter, and no one had any clue. He won a hand or two, but folded more times than not. John was the lucky one as he won again. Peter wasn't having much luck either and they commiserate together. Finally, Peter pushed his chair back. "I'm done."

Alex noticed it was early. He hoped everyone else would quit too. He joined Peter. "I'm tapped out."

John said, "I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. I've got a wife at home waiting for me."

"That's my sister! I don't need to hear this," Peter teased.

Alex stood. "I've got a good night sleep waiting. I've had a crazy week."

He was out the door at nine forty and texted Jen, I'm picking you up. On my way now.

She was waiting on the curb as he pulled up. Jumping in, she said, "I could have met you at your house."

"I know, but I would have gone crazy waiting for you. Now we're together." He reached for her hand. "How was your day?"

"Fine. I finished one job and started plans for another. I probably should try to get some work done over the weekend."

"That's fine. We can work together."

Once inside his house, he pulled her into his arms and held her. He wanted to do so much more, but he was content to just hold her. Neither broke the embrace for a long time. Eventually, Jen looked at him, and he captured her mouth with his. Kissing her was amazing, he thought as the intensity increased.

Finally breathless, he whispered, "I've been thinking about doing that all week."

"Me too." They sat down together.

The most amazing thing was they talked. Even after being away from each other they sat and talked. Jen was stretched out, and he took her feet and massaged them as they talked about everything - the poker game, her clients, his clients, her father. They shared every aspect of their lives.

"Can I hire you to massage my feet every night?"

"Move to Maine and I will do it for free."

"Move to New York and you'll never have to deal with your crazy clients again."

"Like there are no crazy people in New York."

"There are plenty." She laughed and told him a few stories. Soon they were both yawning.

"We need to go upstairs before we're both too tired." Once in his room, he said, "Don't go running out of my house." She looked confused. "The last time you were in my bedroom, you ran away."

"I know. I saw your bed and could only think of one thing and I'm thinking of it now."

"Amazing. Me too." He laughed.

They prepared for bed like a couple rather than just falling into bed like lovers. There was something intimate about brushing their teeth together and then Alex waited in bed in just his boxers as she finished getting ready. She came out in a tight tee shirt that stopped before her skimpy underpants started which left a delicious piece of skin showing ─ neither her panties nor his boxers stayed on for very long. Alex slept wonderfully with their legs tangled together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 13.2K 39
What happens when you realise the man who owns your heart no longer treasures it? The man you fell in love with no longer exists? Do you stay? Or do...
4.8K 297 40
*Highest Ranking at #158 in ChickLit's HOT List & #164 in NewAdult's HOT List* *Ranked #35 in #newadultreads, #73 in #contemporary, and #28 in #stro...
61K 2.2K 18
Three years ago Sincere broke things off with Amethyst all while breaking her heart in the process. She moved away to Atlanta to get a new start. She...
102K 3.6K 41
"Shhh I know you want me too. I can see it in your eyes. And you wearing all those tight office dresses didn't help at all." He connected his lips to...