Designs of Love (TP2)

Bởi pseudoannie

(Complete) When Jennifer Dixon entered their impeccably decorated apartment, she was glad it was quiet and em... Xem Thêm

Designs Of Love
1 -Jennifer Dixon, New York City
2 - Alex Goodwin, Maine
3 -Jennifer and Sterling Dixon
4 - Jen/ Alex
5 - Alex/ Jen
6 - Alex
7 -Jen
8 - Alex and Kate
9 - Jen and Avery
10 - Alex
11 - Jen
12 - Sterling/ Jen
13 - Alex/ Avery
14 - Jen
15 - Alex
16 - Jen
17 - Sterling/ Alex/ Jen
18 - Jen/ Alex
19 - Jen/ Alex
20 - Jen
21 - Alex
22 - Jen
23 - Tom/ Alex
24 - Jen
25 - Alex
26 - Avery/ Sterling/Jen
28 - Jen
29 - Avery/ Jen/ Avery again
30 - Alex/ Jen
31 - Alex/ Avery
32 - Kate/ Jen
33 - Alex/ Jen
34 - Avery/ Jen/ Alex
35 - Jen and Alex
36 - Avery/ Jen/ Alex
37 - Alex/ Kate
38 - Jen
39 - Kate/ Alex
40 - Jen/ Avery
41 - Alex/ Jen
42 - Alex/ Jen/ Alex
43 - Jen
44 - Alex/ Jen
45 - Sterling/ Alex
46 - Jen/ Kate/ Alex
Bonus Chapter: Jen and Megan and a song
47 - Jen/ Alex/ Jen
48 - Alex/ Jen
49 - Alex
50 - Jen
51 - Alex and Jen
52 - Jen Goodwin, The Point

27 - Kate/ Alex

5.2K 350 32
Bởi pseudoannie

Kate

When her brother, Tom called, she asked him what was wrong.

"Why do you think something's wrong?"

"Because you never call me. I call you, but you're always too busy for your big sister."

"I'm calling to say I'll be back next weekend. I'm staying with Alex."

"So you're actually going to this party on the beach?"

"Yes, and you should too if you want to meet Avery."

"Who's Avery?"

"The girl I've been seeing."

"You're bringing a girl home with you! How long have you been seeing her?"

"Only a few weeks, but they've been the best weeks of my life. So do you want to come and meet her?"

"Okay, we'll come. Does Mom know about your friend?"

"No. I think we'll do the whole meet the parents' thing later, not this soon."

"Lil' Tommy has a girl. Now if Alex could find one and settle down."

"Don't worry about Alex. The right girl is out there for him."

After their conversation ended she called Alex. "Did you know Tommy has a girlfriend?"

"Hi Kate! And yes, I know about Avery."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't realize I needed to tell you." He sounded annoyed and she couldn't understand why.

"Do you know anything about her?"

"I know that she has a good job in New York."

"How did they meet?"

"At a bar and the rest is history. I have a picture, but you can't see their faces. I'll send it to you and I can probably get a hold of a better picture for you."

"I guess I'll come to your party to meet her."

She instantly regretted her decision and felt like her brothers were ganging up on her.

"You'll have fun. You'll love Megan and actually Kristi too. You are both a lot alike."

"How do you mean?"

"You both like to have your noses in other people's business."

"I'll tell all your friends your business." She teased.

"Like what? You wouldn't!"

"I'll tell them you're still in love with your high school girlfriend."

"I am not. I'm over her. I swear!"

"I'll believe that the day you fall in love for real."

She waited for him to say something, but to her, his silence proved that she was right. Instead, he told her he was working and hung up.

He texted a picture of Tom making out with his girlfriend. She was curious who took the picture and why Alex had it. Her brothers were just not normal.

She was stuck going to the party. She liked the beach, but she wasn't sure about meeting a ton of new people. She had a new baby and there was no way she could wear a bathing suit. This New York Avery was probably as thin as a model. Kate was blessed with curves that were more pronounced since her pregnancy. Matt told her she was perfect, but men lie.

Not long after their phone call ended, Alex sent through another photo. It was of Avery sitting on the beach next to a good-looking guy. Her brother picked a pretty one.

Alex

Alex was glad Kate was coming, but she could be trouble. He texted Jen to ask for pictures of Avery for his sister.

She replied, sorry I only have one and it won't interest you.

Avery was with Sterling. He assumed it was from last summer when Jen worked at the beach. The guy looked stiff ─ even on the beach. What did Jen ever see in him? He heard about Tom's meeting with him. Kate texted him back, she's pretty. Who's the guy?

He thought of two responses, the first was her friend's husband, but he texted her, just her friend.

She responded, Makes sense. He looks like he could be gay. Alex laughed thinking Kate was imagining things.

He hardly saw Jen all week, which was just as well. They talked most nights, but not for long. Her last order was due to arrive on Thursday. Sydney was arriving mid-morning on Friday. Alex would help her on Thursday afternoon.

Tom and Avery were flying in late on Friday night. He wondered if he and Jen would find themselves together over the weekend. He knew they would go to The Landing for lobster rolls.

Alex promised himself he'd be good on Thursday. He would help her and leave without having any deep conversations, hair smelling, or touching. He had not seen the house since the hair smelling incident and was not prepared. It was beautiful right down to the smallest detail. Her vision was impeccable.

"It's amazing!"

"I talked to Sydney. We'll submit some photos to magazines in hopes of getting a feature." Her excitement lit up her face.

He worked with her for close to two hours. Their conversation related only to the job at hand. Was it centered? Was it straight? Up a little on the right. Down some.

"I can't believe I only have three more days."

"Four with Monday."

"No, I booked an early flight on Monday. I figured I would go home and catch up on what I missed."

Alex couldn't believe she would be gone and was feeling more confused than ever. Looking around at her work, he considered hiring her to do his house, just so he could see her. He modified his thought. "My house really feels empty compared to this."

She laughed. "Do you even have a bed for your guests to sleep on?"

Embarrassed he said, "I'm giving them my bed. I bought an air mattress for myself."

"You know your house works for you. You're there awake about three or four hours most nights. It makes no sense for you to put a lot into it. Plus, it's only temporary."

"I may be there longer than I hoped or I might sell it and move into town. I'm not sure." He felt discouraged.

"I don't want you to get your hopes up, but I heard from my father that Mrs. Blake is sick. That sounds harsh, but you know what I mean."

"Yeah, no one wants anyone to be unwell, but maybe she'll sell her house." He refused to be excited about the possibility.

"You know in the meantime, if I were to recommend one thing for your house, it would be to set up an office space so you can have a kitchen."

"But I like seeing the game while I work."

"Get a desk and put it in view of your television. Just take pictures of your room and I'll find some suggestions for you. In the meantime, clean that area up before tomorrow night."

"You're afraid Avery will think I'm a slob. I'm not. I have a cleaning service." He defended himself even though he knew she was right. Changing the subject, he said, "Is it done? Are you ready for Sydney?"

"I just need to come over in the morning and take pictures in the daylight. I'm so glad I took this project."

"Were you ever not?"

"Sterling didn't want it. I went behind his back and took it. He had convinced me not to and then..."

"Why'd you change your mind?"

"I found out about his relationship."

"When?"

"The night I left to drive up."

"What about that is humiliating?"

She just shook her head. He crammed his hands in his pockets because his fingers were itching to touch her, to feel the electricity that pulsed through him any time they came into contact. He felt it the other night when they sat next to each other with their friends. She was affected because she was flustered. He knew she reciprocated his feelings. The only way to not do something stupid was to leave, so reluctantly, he wished her goodnight and walked out the door.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

340K 7.6K 68
"What the hell do you want from me?" I yelled "YOU" he roared "IT'S ALWAYS YOU" my heart pounded in my chest but I knew better Lies, All lies!! "Well...
4.8K 297 40
*Highest Ranking at #158 in ChickLit's HOT List & #164 in NewAdult's HOT List* *Ranked #35 in #newadultreads, #73 in #contemporary, and #28 in #stro...
527 23 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
0 0 6
I'm serene , apart of the Henderson family. I'm Draven, part of the Griever family. Serene- I'm a artist / designer . my family has always been cre...