His Slave | #3 ✔

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #1 in Prank #1 in What's new * *In which Melody becomes the slave of her rival* Senior year... More

Prologue
1: Started from the bottom now we here.
2: Pretty girls.
3: Hideway.
4: Dirty, sexy, money.
5: Young, dumb and broke.
6: Highway to hell.
7: God's plan.
8: A little brave.
9: Hurt to look.
10: What lovers do.
11: Work.
12: Thrift shop.
13: Birthday.
14: Jealous.
15: Unforgettable.
16: Dust till dawn.
17: Secrets.
18: After the party.
19: Raging.
20: Wildest dream.
21: Hero.
22: Him & I
23: Playing with Fire.
24: Everything has changed.
25: Young Blood.
26: Kiss and make up.
27: The lucky one.
28: Touch.
29: Like a virgin.
30: No tears left to cry.
31: Pizza.
32: Don't blame me.
33: Back to you.
34: Forgiveness.
Epilogue.

19: Misery.

9.3K 394 52
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

The following is in Ophelia's POV so you can skip it if you want.

There will be Melody's POV if you scroll down below.

But if you're eager for Ophelia's POV then enjoy reading.

*

OPHELIA SPROUSE

As Clair took Melody away, Jayden soon excused himself, making a lame excuse to use the bathroom.

I decided to let him off the hook and let him run away from me.

It was so much fun to tease the kids about their crushes.

Saying that made me feel old. I was only twenty six, I have my whole life ahead of me but the only problem was I was jobless and I was running out of money.

Bills were piling up and soon, I'd lose my apartment too. The time to pay the annual rent was near and my bank account was laughing at me.

I regret investing almost all my savings in the company I was working. But I would have never expected our boss to be indulged in some illegal marketing activities.
If only I had known.
No wonder, why the pay was good. Damn, I couldn't believe I'd be penniless soon.

The news of the company being sued for their indulgence in the illegal activities had negative impact not only on the employer but on the employees too.

No company was too eager to appoint us in their company because of trust issues as they think we were aware and were the complices of the illegal activities our boss was carrying out behind our backs despite our employer clearly stating we were not.

Humans and their trust issues.

Sometimes, i feel like i was the center of bad luck. Shit.

"Ophelia, come here." Hayden called me over. I made a face when I saw Jack was with her. I didn't bother to hide my dislike for the guy.

Hayden made sure to hide her face well from Jack as she gave me the Medusa look, thankfully I didn't turn to stone but her look made my legs move, against my will.

My mood was already sour thinking about my current financial state so I wasn't exactly please to face the jerk, so up close.

I'd make sure he pay me for the damage.

"Jack, this is my sister Ophelia." Hayden didn't waste time to introduce us formally. "Unfortunately." She added making Jack stifle a laugh.

"Gee, thanks sis." I hissed at her innocent smiling face.

"Hi Ophelia, I'm Jack Cole, I think you know that by now." With a charming smile he offered me his hand to shake. His one hand held a glass that had a light brown liquid in it, probably whisky.

When I didn't give him my hand, Hayden pushed the back of my elbow, as she motioned me with her glaring eyes to shake his hand.

Hayden was still a control freak, no wonder why she still scares me and even her children.

Unwilling, I plastered a smile and accepted his hand, giving his hand a firm shake.

Smiling smugly, Jack said. "Do you want an autograph? Maybe a selfie too?" His tone was filled with arrogance no trace of humbleness.

I was seconds away from hitting his face with my shoe. First, he broke my taillights and refused to pay for the damages, I wouldn't have really scared about the money if my  financial state wasn't as pathetic was it was now and every penny matters. Second, he still had the audacity to act like I was one of his fans.

The nerve of this guy.

Roughly pulling my hand away from his, I crossed my arms and titled my chin up in an attempt to match his arrogance but I couldn't because he was the very being that defines arrogance.

"I'd rather have you pay for the damages." I wasn't going to let this slide and what better time to bring the issue up than now.

Jack looked surprised by my statement and even had the nerve to look lost for a second. Did he forget what he did to my poor car? Can I hate someone more than I already hate them? In this situation, yes.

Hayden let out a forced laugh, trying to ease the tense atmosphere between Jack and I. "You're so good with your jokes, Ophelia." Hayden tried to cover up for me, which was totally unnecessary. "You don't have to pay her or anything, Jack. She's just joking." Hayden smoothly lied.

"I'm not though." I said as seriously as I could. My eyes going to Hayden briefly to show her how serious I was. I ignored Hayden's warning glare as I faced Jack. "I want you to take responsibility for what you did."

That sounded wrong.
I had to stop my own train of thoughts and think over what I just said. Why did it sound like we did something and I was ended up preg-

I stopped myself from over thinking any further.

"Responsibility for damaging my car and not...that...thing...other..." I tried to clear up, but then realised I was the only one who was taking it the other way and not the people around me. "Okay, so yes. Pay up." I clapped my hands once as I suddenly felt embarrassed with my own thoughts.

Hayden looked at me as if I had lost my mind while Jack looked like he was enjoying.

"You don't have to pay her anything." Hayden declared with finality.

"But it's my money."

"Excuse us Jack." Hayden gave him a polite smile before pulling me away by my arm.

Once we were at a good distance from Jack, Hayden scowled at me. "What do you think you are doing?" She hissed at me.

"What am I doing? What are you doing? It's my money and I have every right to ask for it." I whisper yelled at her, daringly.

"Well, that money doesn't matter as long as he offers you a job." Hayden whispered, making sure no one could hear us.

"That money matters be-" I had to stop myself and rewind her whole sentence once again in my mind. Then it dawn on me, what she was trying to do. "Offer me a job? Who the fuck does he think he is? I don't want anything from him expect my money."

I didn't miss the look Hayden gave me when I cursed but she didn't comment anything on it. "Apparently, he's the only one who can resolve your money issues." Hayden said calmly, way too calm that scared me.

"I can find a suitable job without any help from him." I tried to sound confident but I failed miserably. In a month long time of me being jobless, I lost count of how many interviews I had given without any success.

Hayden knew that very well. "Well, you're doing a very good job in finding a suitable job for yourself."

"I don't want your sarcasm."

Hayden sighed heavily before her eyes gazed at me in worry. "I am just trying to help, alright." She sounded genuine. "There's only a week left for the month to be over. You'll have to pay the annual rent for your apartment or you'll lose it, you're close to being penniless and I am sure you don't plan on leeching off from me." She tried to lighten the mood by adding the last sentence.

"I don't mind leeching off of you and brother in law." I joked. Hayden smiled before it turned down to frown. "Keep your ego aside for once."

"I don't have an-"

I was shushed by Hayden showing me her index finger as she continued. "You have a lot at stake right now and you shouldn't exactly be picky with what kind of job or who your boss is. You have much more to lose than him." Hayden tried to make me understand.

I got her point and what was she trying to make me understand.

She was right when she said, I have much more to lose than him because not only my house
but I was also about to lose my pride by bowing to him, well not literally.

I wasn't exactly keen with the idea of working under Jack, if he did offer me job, and thinking back to my car taillights, I still hold a grudge over him for that.

"I've already talked to Jack about it and he's ready to help you." Hayden's words brought my attention back at her.

"You did what?" I prayed it wasn't what I think it was. "You didn't tell him about my financial state, did you?"

Hayden looked guilty. "Well, I had to so that he-"

"Oh my god." So he now probably thinks I was continuously trying to make him pay me because I was broke and desperate for money. He was most likely laughing at me and my state.

I was embarrassed, angry and felt hopeless.

But anger was the dominant emotion, he was probably laughing at me all this time as i asked him for the money, pretending he didn't know anything. My anger flared when I saw Jack smirking my way, as soon as our eyes met he raised his glass at me which was the last straw for me.

I marched his way, my stride long and heavy. Confusion registered all over Jack's face as I neared him.

He looked a little scared when I stopped before him. My eyes were glaring dagger at him and I made sure he felt the impact of my stare to his very soul.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Jack looked nervous.

My hands itched to make contact with something, and that was what I did.

I snatched the glass from his hand and downed the liquid in one go.

Jack was saying something but I was too consumed by my anger to make sense of any word he was sputtering.

I pushed the glass back at him and made him carry it. My throat burned with the taste of raw whisky.

I coughed once before pushing the hair back from my face and held his surprised yet amused eyes. "I bet you're very happy, knowing how I am on scarps."

He looked like he wanted to say something but I wasn't finish yet. "I bet you felt all high and mighty when Hayden told you about my situation and were plotting how to make me suffer more."

Before I know it, the effects of the strong alcohol started kicking in. I was never the type to handle alcohol.

Jack didn't say anything, he was just staring at me intensely or the alcohol was playing tricks with me and my eyesight.
"You know what, I don't need your help to get a job. I'd like to pass the golden opportunity  to be a topic of your ridicule."  I waved my hand dismissively to show him how much I didn't care about him or his help.

"Ophelia." Hayden held my elbow and apologized to Jack.

"It's okay, Hayden. I understand where she's coming from." Jack waved Hayden's apology with his boyish smile. "And Ms. Sprouse, I'm ready to offer you a job." Jack said as he turned to me.

"That's great." Hayden sounded relief. "I will share this news with my husband. You guys discuss about it further." Hayden gave my elbow an encouragingly pat before excusing herself.

When she was out of our earshot, I hissed at the brainless jerk. "I said I don't want your help or pity."

"It's not pity." He clarified. "Think of it as me repaying for what I did to your car taillights."

"Paying me would be simpler and the easy way out."

I should be happy that he was offering me job not out of pity but because of a couple of hundred dollars I was getting a job, but the alcohol in my system and my low tolerance for it clouded all my rational thoughts and I ended up blurting nonsense.

"Yes, it will be but you should know one thing about me Ms. Ophelia." Jack started, giving a dramatic pause.

"And that is?" I asked when I realized he was waiting for me to question him.

"And that is, taking the easy way out." He had a satisfied smile on his face. "I like challenges and you're a challenge."

I didn't like his attitude, at all. I wasn't exactly pleased after I heard him say he was only offering me a job as a repayment and not because of my own capability and ability. 

Whether he accepted it or not, I knew he was doing this out of pity or mutual respect for Hayden and not because he felt like he owe me something. A couple of hundred dollars was nothing for a big shot like him unless he had other ulterior motives.

"I am a challenge?" I asked, earning a nod from him. "And you're only offering me a job because you want to repay me for the damage you did to my car?" I got another nod from him.

It was then, I knew how much I despised him and the likes of him. Just because he was well off and have the looks blessed by the very Almighty, he thought he could do anything and say anything expecting the other party to fall down at his feet. I absolutely hate him.

It was probably because of his choice of words or the alcohol in my system that made me reach to a conclusion that I knew I'd regret when the effects of alcohol wear off but at the moment it felt right.

"Then lemme help you repay that debt right now." I smiled at him sweetly. Confusion crossed his features at my words.

I didn't wait around to explain any further, rather let my action speak for me.

Turning around, I made a beeline for the front door. I walked myself out of the house, and searched for something hard, something I could use for my plan.

Looking around, I spotted the flower pots. "I'm sorry Clair." I apologized despite no one around me.

As i bent down to pick the clay flower pot, I heard the door open and close behind me followed by the voice of an annoying person. "What are you doing?" Confusion was evident in his voice and I bet he was also sporting a confuse look.

Just you wait, you arrogant snitch.

Without any response, I picked the flower pot up and marched in the direction of a car that I knew very well. The same one that hit my car from behind and broke my taillights. That same fucking expensive car which had a snitch of an owner.

"Oh no, no, no...what are you planning to do?" I heard his panic filled voice which for some reason gave me great satisfaction.

Adrenaline was coursing through me when I heard his approaching footsteps behind me, but before he could reach me, I made a dash towards the back of his car and smashed the the pot on one after the other taillights of his car.

A satisfied smile graced my face when I heard him scream at the sight of the damage. "What the fuck?"

"Now, we are even."

∆∆∆

MELODY CUNNINGHAM

"Good morning." I greeted everyone present in the kitchen- mum, dad, Harper and Aunt.

Taking an empty bowl and a spoon out of the cabinet, I occupied an empty stool beside my aunt who was clutching her hair.

It was Sunday which means it was a cereal day for me while for the rest, I ate whatever mum make for breakfast.

"You remembered what happened yesterday?" I asked, filling my bowl with cereals and then milk.

"I never forgot what happened yesterday." Aunt responded, glaring at me.

"So you're regretting now?" I interrogated further.

No one knew what kind of conversation Jack and aunt had that let to her breaking his car taillights but I bet it wasn't a very pleasing one.

Last night, everyone ran out at the sound of something smashing followed by Jack's scream.

With staggering steps, aunt marched towards Clair and handed her the sullen flower as she apologized for breaking her flower pot.

She looked or was drunk as she gave everyone a hug, even to us- the people with whom she had arrived for the dinner, wished us goodnight before making her way towards the direction of our place.

I had feared about Jack's reaction by aunt's action but he didn't look angry or had any emotion on his face.

He watched aunt as she made her way towards the direction of our place, and if it wasn't for me watching him closely, I would have missed the small amused smile that curved on his lips which vanished as soon as it came.

Mum had to apologized to Clair and Jack profusely on behalf of aunt. And it wasn't long before we retired back to our place saying our goodbyes.

"I'm not." Aunt denied strongly before shoving a spoonful of crepes in her mouth.

"She clearly is." Harper commented.

"She is." Mum added.

"She is." I added just to teased and rile aunt up.

"I said I'm not." She said with her mouthful. Her eyes averted to dad, begging for help who took pity on her.

"Okay, okay, stop teasing my dearest sister in law." Dad interrupted and came to her rescue.

Swallowing her food, aunt gave us a smug smile until it was wiped off by dad's words. "But are you sure you're not regretting?" He asked.

"Marc." Aunt whined when dad joined us at pulling her leg.

Dad's laughter boomed in the kitchen, followed with the three feminine unison laughs.

"Okay. Sorry." Dad soon sobered up and continued with his breakfast.

Heaving out a breath, aunt played with her food as she seemed distracted.

Mum kept her hand over hers, stopping the movement of her hand. "Don't worry, even if you end up in streets. You'll still be my sister."

"And my favourite aunt." I added further.

"And mine too." Harper chimed in.

"I am your only aunt." Aunt Ophelia pointed out, as a matter of fact. "And I won't end up in streets, as long as I got you guys." She plucker her lips at mum in what I assumed, an attempt to look cute or pitiful or both.

"Na-uh, Missy." Mum's index finger moved from side to side gesturing a no. "You better get yourself a job by the end of week."

"Or else...?"

"Or else you will be living in the streets." Mum said with a sinister smile. She wasn't joking, she was been serious.

She could be heartless if she wanted to be.

"I am your sister!" Aunt exclaimed at mum's declaration, knowing how serious she was.

"That's why I am doing this, for your sake." Mum had the audacity to smile when Aunt looked like she was being betrayed.

I would feel that way too.

"You just want me to work for that jerk, don't you?" Aunt wasn't stupid to not realise what mum's real intentions were.

Mum's face visibly twisted at the word Jerk.

"First, you better watch your mouth when you're living under my roof." She pointed out giving aunt an icy glare. "Second, he's soon to be your boss." Aunt snorted but that didn't stop mum as she continued. "Third, I want you to be nice to your employer."

"Oh, that's it? I thought there were more points." Aunt said with so much sass that I felt scared in place of her.

"Actually, there is. I want to do the dishes." She said this with a sweet smile, way too sweet. "Don't even think about helping her." It was directed at dad, Harper and I.

We knew better than to put out hands inside the Lion's den when it was angry, so we nodded our head vigorously.

"You can't do this." Aunt looked baffled.

Mum stood up saying she was done with her breakfast. Dad following suit and excusing himself from the kitchen saying he got some work to do.

After dad was out of the kitchen, mum turned towards aunt. "I can as long as you live under my roof, unless you get a job and save your house." Saying this, she walked out of the kitchen.

"Urgh...I hate you Hayden." Aunt screamed.

"All the more reason for you to get a job and move out." Mum yelled back.

"Um, I got homework to do." Harper excused herself.

I was left alone with my twenty six years old sulking aunt. "Why don't you just accept the job from Jack?"

"That's not the real problem. The real problem is whether he's still willing to give me a job." She finally admitted.

"I am sure he would. You're so good at your job and once he sees how good you're at what you do, he'd hire you without any questions asked." I tried to lift up her spirits.

"I don't think he'll ever want to see me after what I did to his car yesterday." Her tone regretful which soon changed. "But in my defense, I was under the influence of alcohol."

"I understand." I patted her shoulder in pity. Thinking back to last night and her actions, I don't think he'd ever offer her a job in this lifetime but then i remembered the look I saw on Jack's face.

"Or maybe you can go to his place and apologize." I suggested, my inner cupid surfacing.

"Why would I?" She asked as if I lost my mind.

"For last night." I answered.

"He didn't apologize either." She was being stubborn.

"But he's not the desperate one."

"I am not desperate." She looked offended.

I gave her that are you serious look before averting my eyes towards the dirty dishes on the sink which she was going to wash soon.

Following my line of view, she sighed. "Okay, maybe I am."

"Just think about it, okay?"

She hummed a response, before facing me with a bright smile "Will you help me with the dishes?"

"Oh no, I think I felt my bedroom door open." I stood up quickly. "I gotta go and close it." I jerked my thumb at the back in the direction of the exit. " Best of luck."

"Sure." She glared at me. Shaking my head at my aunt, I walked towards the Kitchen's exit when I head I say, "Go to your room and ogle at Jayden from your window." She said bitterly.

"I don't ogle at him." I exclaimed turning around to see my smirking aunt.

"Don't be shy about it, because I know Jayden probably do the same." She winked my way.

I had enough of her blurting nonsensical words so without another word, I made my way towards the bedroom.

My mind was preoccupied with Jayden's thoughts and his actions last night because of which I got less sleep, his light touch was imprinted on my mind.

I had my eyes casted downward on my bare feet as I tried to make sense of Jayden's actions.
Why did he touch me like that? Or was I over thinking?

My legs carried me towards my bed and I fell backwards only to land on a hard body.

Before I could scream murderer, a hand enclosed over my mouth muffling my cries help and I felt a hand wound around my stomach, holding me in place.

Panic settled in me.

"Jesus, next time give me a heads up before jumping on me."

I froze when I heard his voice.

***

I'm Sorry, if you guys were annoyed or disappointed when you saw Ophelia's POV and not Melody's.

There won't be any more POVs from other characters, so rest assured.

Drop your comments on the chapter.

VOTE COMMENT & SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 3.4K 29
Kaden stepped closer and I found myself taking a step back. He noticed. "Suddenly nervous? Alyssa Crane is nervous?" "Uh, no. You- I- argh! Just take...
2.7K 152 43
Kayla is any average student in highschool hoping to have a future for herself. Her life is pretty much normal until her interaction with the bad boy...
50.4K 4K 38
The main rule is 'Stop the cliches' -CC ~*~ In the town where everything cliched occurs, Ella is sent a message with a simple task. These messages...
1.6M 42.2K 28
'If we pretend to be together, I might make you mine for real.' When sweet Samantha fakes a relationship with her sarcastic roommate, she never suspe...