You'll Never Be Alone

By Ziehmer28

"But you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, Baby... More

Part 1
Pilot
One Thing After Another
The Girl Who Saved Seth Gecko
The Show
The Hunt
The Labyrinth
A Way Out
Part 2
Partner
Sober Up
Win The Family, Get The Man
Taking Over
Dinner With The Snakes
Uncle Eddie's Final Case
The Greely Case
Getting What We Deserve
Getting My Revenge

Getting By

591 15 2
By Ziehmer28

Getting By

My hands never have moved so fast like they did as I unlocked the Motel door. Seth and I quickly rushed through it, closing the door behind me. I lock the door just for extra measure as Seth takes off his hockey mask, glancing out the window.

"Get down," He motions towards me with the gun. He lightly grabs my arm, pulling me under the window as he does the same.

The bag of money sits at our feet while Seth keeps my body down. Police are talking outside, some of the words unrecognizable. I hold my breath, hoping for them to knock and then pass by.

Sure enough, the door is knocked on a couple of times. They shine a light in, causing Seth to duck down again. When the light and talking pass on to a different room, I know they've moved on.

"Are they gone?" I whisper, causing Seth to hold up a finger and glance out the window again.

I wait and listen, hearing them knock on the door next to us. When nothing happens, they move on, heading to their cars and driving away. Both Seth and I let out a sigh of relief.

Seth puts the safety on his gun as him and I stand up, throwing the bag of money on the table. I turn the light on, only lighting the room enough for you to see everything.

"What happened?" I asked when Seth moves over to the table.

"Nothing. Things got a little dicey, that's all," Seth says with a shrug.

My eyes raise and I can't help but cross my arms, "A little dicey?" I scuff, "Thought you said everything was going to be lean and mean." I take out my gun that was tucked away in my back pocket and set it on the table as Seth does the same with his.

"I don't know that I used those exact words," Seth says, not meeting my eyes.

Using my finger to point at him, I say, "Stroll, that was the word you used. You said, "I'm going to stroll out of there like Paul Newman, you'll be waiting in the car and we'll drive away like we got a free toaster. Don't worry so much Kitty Kat." I know that because you used that damn nickname again."

Seth smiles as he takes off his jacket and white button up top, leaving him in a white tank-top. "I like the nickname."

"That's not the point, Seth," I said, laying my hands on the table as I look at him.

Stretching his arms out to the side and trying not to laugh, Seth says, "So, I owe you a toaster."

Lightly hitting his arm, I say, "Not funny."

Seeing as he won't be getting anything past me, he sighs and starts talking. "The manager tried to be a hero, I had to rough him up a bit. Then some knucklehead called his cousin, who happens to be a cop."

"How was he able to do that? Weren't you keeping an eye on him?"

Falling into my trap, Seth said, "Katherine, I only have two eyes."

"Exactly. Which is why you need me with you. Come on, Seth. I know how to use a gun. I can talk all high and mighty."

His next words come out as a mumble, but I still catch them, "Yeah, tell me about it." I glare at him, making him sigh and move over towards the bed with the bag of money. "Listen, we won, okay."

Seth empties the bag on the bed, revealing cash and a whole bunch of rolled up checks. I move around the small table, over to the bed, before grabbing one of the rolled up checks. A harsh sigh leaves my lips as I show Seth one of the rolled up checks, "These are canceled checks."

"What?" Seth asks, taking one of the rolls of check and looking it over. "Son of a bitch!" He yells, throwing the roll across the room, onto the floor.

"Three months of stupid towns and the same old bullshit. It's kinda been a downhill slide ever since the Corvette was stolen."

Seth lightly hits my arm, holding up some of the cash, "Hey! It's not a total loss. We still have the cash."

Gesturing to the cash, I say, "That is not enough. You said it yourself. We need passports, we need new names."

"I know, Katherine!" Seth raises his voice. He catches himself and sigh, looking down at the bed before saying calmer, "I know." Seth sits on the bed while I grab the money, Seth watching my every move. When I'm finished and have the table stacked on the table, I'm not surprised to turn to find Seth with a spoon, lighter, and needle in his hands.

This was the part I hated. In the beginning, Seth would go into the bathroom and do it, hoping I wouldn't notice. After a while, I told him to just do it out here. I was too fearful he'd overdose or something.

My eyes watch him just like he watched me gather up the money. He melts the drug on the spoon before sticking the needle in it, sucking it up. He looks at his arms, trying to find a good vein.

His tattoo on his right arm has grown. Instead of stopping mid upper arm, it's now gone up to his neck. He claims he needs a fresher, but in reality I know what he's really doing. Ever since Richie bite him, he's hoping to cover up the scar with the tattoo.

And it was working.

Focusing back on Seth, I notice he's still struggling to find a vein. I sigh and move over to Seth, taking the spot next to him. I move his head to the side, pausing to look at the bite mark. "Your brother found the best vein," I comment, grabbing the needle from his hand.

"That's hilarious."

"Would you rather he turned you?"

Seth scuffs, "No, he can keep that venom shit to himself."

I push the needle into the spot next to his bite mark, pumping the drug in him. "You found your own venom," I say just above a whisper. Seth's mouth drops and his body and mind start to feel as if they're on cloud nine.

Laying Seth down, I stick a pillow behind and in front of him as his eyes close, drifting off. The last time I didn't put pillows around him, he fell of the bed and hit his head. Luckily, I knew how to do stiches. He has a mark but it's barely noticeable.

Once Seth is tucked tight, I turn and head over to the table, sitting down and counting up the cash we stole. Or more like Seth stole while I drove away.

It's crazy when I stop to think how different my life's become. It's been three months since we left the Titty Twister and in those three months I've never taken so many chances, so many risks. Yet I've never felt more alive.

I recalled the first night we found a motel, just settling in.

Seth let out a sigh as he walked into the Motel room, throwing his bag and jacket on the small table as he walked over to the bed. We were both tired from all the driving, trying to put as much distance between us and the Titty Twister. Yet, we were still stuck in Mexico.

My eyes watch Seth as he rubbed his own. I sat my gun on the table, unbuttoning the white button up shirt.

Seth seemed to copy my own movements, taking off his own white button up shirt. He held it in his hand, looking up at me as we both stood in silence.

"Where was everyone else?" Seth asked. This was the first time he's mention my family, giving me some sort of relief until now.

"Ranger Gonzalez is taking Kate home. We're she'll be safe. Scott was turned, deciding to stay at the Titty Twister with Carlos," I said, setting my shirt on the chair before sitting down in it.

Seth glanced me over, "And Jacob?"

My eyes glanced at the table, my fingers picking at the wood of it, "Dead." That's all I could say right now. I had no idea if I really had killed him or if it was just a coincidence. Either way, I wasn't ready to talk about it.

"Oh. I'm sorry," Seth said, not sure of what else to say.

I glanced up at him, "I'm sorry about Richie."

That was mostly what we talked about on the road. Seth loosing most of the money trying to save his brother who bit him, not turning him luckily. Only to return to the Titty Twister where Richie chose Santanico over his own brother.

Seth looked at his hands, nodding before kicking off his shoes. He pushed himself up the bed, ready to catch some sleep.

The subject of Richie was a touchy one, I was already predicting that.

I made a mental note of it before kicking off my boots and walking over to the second bed. Un-making the bed, I climbed into it, only covering my lower half when I crawled in.

To my surprise, I found Seth laying on his side, watching me. His eyes met mine, both of us just staring at each other.

This was one of those moment that I wanted to tell Seth what I was feeling. Tell him that for some reason I felt drawn to him, like I couldn't leave him. Just to see if he felt the same thing too.

Instead, I asked another question. "Do you regret me coming with you?"

Though we had only spent two days with each other, it was a question that I needed to know the answer of.

Seth's eyes fell slightly, landing somewhere else be he lightly sighed and laid on his back, looking up at the ceiling. "I was surprised, but I don't regret it." Though he said those words, I felt only half of it was true by the tone of his voice.

Ending the conversation, Seth turned back on his side, turning his back towards me before turning off the light. The darkness seemed to overtake the room, sending chills up my back in what could be in it.

That night was the night that started the nightmares. At first, I was able to wake up without Seth noticing. I'd usually stay up and do something to pass the time. In the beginning I'd watch TV with the sound off. Later on, I'd take a risk and venture out for a couple of hours or count the money we stole.

It was a month and a half ago, when Seth and I had to share the same bed, that he finally found how bad my nightmares were getting.

He could feel the bed move a lot and a small whimper leave my lips. Turning over, he woke me up, surprised when I sat up quickly, catching my breath. Seth was worried, wondering what I was dreaming of and how long it had gone on for. Though I didn't tell him what my nightmare was, I had to admit how long it had gone on for.

Surprisingly, he seemed almost upset that I hadn't mentioned it to him sooner. But after that night, my nightmares died down. It was strange, but anytime Seth and I had to share a bed, my nightmares would stop. It was like my nightmares were afraid of Seth.

Yet, when we got the chance to sleep in separate beds, I found myself having nightmares again. It was just two weeks ago when Seth had heard me again in the night, unable to sleep that night.

Seth woke me up, asking again about the nightmare only for me not to answer him. I felt defeated once again and Seth could see it. After that, Seth and I stayed in the same bed every night. Even when there was two, we stayed in one. I thought it would bother Seth, but he didn't seem to mind too much.

A sigh left my lips, looking at the one bed that Seth was taking over with his drug state comma.

After counting the money, gathering up a little over $300, I took my half and shoved it into my pocket. I grabbed my purse which I only used when I'd go out, and shoved my gun inside of it. Luckily, it was an over the shoulder purse, easier to get my gun out of if needed. Kept in the purse also was a stake, just to be safe.

I headed out, locking the door behind me, before walking across the parking lot. A market place filled with different stores sat out in the open. Everyone had their windows, doors, and stands open, even at this late hour.

My eyes spotted a food market, fresh fruit and vegetables laying on a large table. I made my way over, grabbing a bag before loading it up. We mostly lived off fast food meals and snacks. I had hoped to make actually food tomorrow, maybe some BLTs.

Jumping slightly at the sound of a voice, I turned to my right noticing the brown black haired man. He was clean shaven, unlike Seth who now had a scruff, which I somehow found attractive. He was piercing blue eyes, as blue as the ocean.

"Hello Katherine."

"Ethan, Jesus you scared me," I said with a smile, returning to my purchases.

I had met Ethan the first night Seth and I stayed at this hotel. He was nice, always flirting with me. If it was years ago, I would have considered dating him. Now? Wasn't even an option.

"Sorry, should know better than to sneak up on you," He said with a smirk as he stood next to me.

"Yeah, sorry for that," I apologized for the hundredth time. The first time he ever scared me, I had pulled out my gun on him. I told him I was just a jumpy person in a place I wasn't sure of. He had laughed and brushed it off.

He laughed, "Like I said, it's fine. Buying more food I see. Jesus you eat a lot," He said, looking at all the tomatoes and Lettice I had gotten. To Ethan's knowledge, it was just me.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"What's your secret for staying so fit?"

"Exercise," I said, handing the cashier the money. It wasn't a complete lie.

I turned to walk away, Ethan quickly following and staying in step with me. It seemed to be his usual thing that he'd follow me around before taking me back to my Motel. I'd always have him drop me off at a different room number so he wouldn't know all my information.

"Yeah, that's a loud of bullshit, but whatever," He said with a chuckle.

My eyes and feet stopped in front of the tattoo place, my mind still recalling the new tattoo that I had gotten. Seth had no clue about my first one and just as much no clue about my second one.

Next to the tattoo building was a hair salon. I had thought of getting a cut but have decided against it for now.

Catching it, I noticed a women going into the backroom, opening the door to reveal a safe. An idea came to my head, a plan already forming.

"Katherine," Ethan said, bringing me back to reality. I turned to him, making me chuckle, "You tend to drift off, don't you?"

"Only sometimes," I comment, turning to head back across the road towards my Motel. Ethan followed me, continuously glancing at me. "What?" I finally asked, curious to know what he was thinking.

"You're really beautiful, you know," Ethan said, this time not in a flirty way but nice way.

I couldn't help but blush, staying quiet as we walked up to the door that wasn't mine. "This is me," I said, gesturing towards the door.

Ethan sucked in a breath, nodding before smiling at me. He stared at me, making me wonder when he's leave. What he did next, surprised me. His lips met mine, making me jump slightly.

Out of instinct, I kissed back, one hand staying on my bag while the other lightly held his elbow. I was surprised when he started to walk, pushing me lightly up against the wall.

"Okay, okay, slow down tiger," I said with a small chuckle, pulling away and putting my hand on his chest.

"Oh come on, Katherine. You and I both know you want something. You're defiantly not getting anything from Seth."

My eyes pushed together in confusion, "How do you..." My voice trailed off it all connecting in my head. I dropped my hand from his chest, my mouth dropping. "You're a Culebra," I whispered, making him smirk.

In seconds, his eyes and skin changed, making me drop my bag of grocers and reach for the stake in my bag. Ethan grabbed my wrists, holding them up against the wall, above my head. He leaned in, breathing in my scent. "You smell good, so good I could eat you."

Without a second thought, I head-butted Ethan, causing him to curse and back up. I quickly pulled out my strake, ready to stake him when he suddenly through a slap at me. The impact was so strong that I toppled over onto the ground, the stake rolling out of my hand.

He climbed on top of me, making me squirm. My eyes spotted the stake just out of reach.

"Oh, come on Katherine, take a little risk," Ethan hissed at me. His hand lightly tracing my thigh.

"Okay," I said, kneeing him in the privates before grabbing the stake. I turned back to face him, shoving the stake into his heart. He let out a loud yell before turning to ash over me.

My heart and breath raced, both trying to process what had just happened. I quickly stood up, dusting some of the ash off of me as panic started set in. Ignoring the groceries, I quickly ran down the line of Motel rooms to Seth and I's.

As fast as just a couple of hours ago, I had the door unlocked, ran through, closed, and locked again. My body stayed against the door, my breath still racing.

"Katherine?" Seth said, making me turn around to see Seth standing up, looking at me confused. His eyes traced over me, noticing the ash on me as the red mark on the side of my face. "What the hell happened?" He asked, racing over to me. He looked at the side of my face, my hands shakenly reaching up to grab his wrists.

"Ethan, he was, he was one of those things," I said, trying to calm myself down.

Seth looked at me shocked. When he noticed how shaken I was, he was quick to ask, "Did he touch you?" When I didn't answer him, he was quick to rip his grip from me and grab the door handle angrily.

Grabbing his arm, I quickly stopped him. "No, he didn't, he tried but I killed him."

Keeping a tight grip on the door handle, Seth stared at me, anger still rolling off of him. Unable to control my body, my lips let out a sigh and my head leaned against Seth's arm.

To an even bigger surprised, Seth left the door handle to wrap his arms around me, holding me in a hug.

His warmth and muscles made me never want to let go, and if it wasn't for Seth pulling away then I probably wouldn't have.

"I need a shower," I said, walking past Seth and over to my bag. I grabbed a new pair of clothes, feeling Seth's eyes on me as I hid away into the bathroom. I waited until the door was closed and the water was running before I let out a shaky sigh.

My hands shook slightly, my heart returning to a race as I thought of what could have happened. Shaking my head, I quickly scrubbed my body of Ethan's smell, hoping to forget about the whole thing.

I decided to dry my hair instead of letting it air dry, hoping to waste a bit more time before I head back into the world. My eyes traced over the new tattoo I had gotten. The design was similar to Seth, only mine wasn't as big and it was going up the right side of my stomach.

As far as I knew, Seth had no idea I had it.

Letting out a sigh, I cleaned up the bathroom and headed back into the bedroom. Seth was wrapping up his hand, making me look at him questionable. When I saw the fist size hole in the wall, near the door, I knew what had happened.

Although I wanted to hear him say it or address the situation, I decided against it. Instead, I threw my dirty clothes in a bag and tossed it in my bag. Seth barley looked up from me at first.

"I was going to make us some BLT's for dinner, but I lost the stuff for it," I comment, glancing over at him.

Seth smiles slightly as he looks at every part of me but my face. "I haven't had a home cooked meal in a long time. They probably would have been good."

I smiled slightly, happy to hear Seth's voice again.

Speaking up again, I started to unmake the bed, "I think I found our next hit. We have to do our homework but it'll be a good score."

"You know how much I love those," Seth said, speaking truthfully as he slipped out of his pants. He was one who slept in his boxers usually, it being so hot here. I was one who slept in a tank-top and shorts, always feeling more relaxed in them.

I climbed into bed, cuddling under the covers as Seth did the same. He flipped off the light next him before turning to look at me. We both just stared at each other for a minute before Seth eventually broke it.

"Are you okay?"

For a minute, I stopped to think about his question, searching for an answer. When nothing came to mind, I decided to do something different. I lifted up the left side of my shirt, just enough for my musical heart tattoo to show. Yet, my new one still stayed hidden.

Seth looked at my tattoo, listening to my words. "I got it right after my mom died. She was great when it came to music. No one knew more lyrics to songs. That was one thing we shared. After she died, I felt like I needed to honor her. This was how. When things happen, you never forget it, you never truly get over it either. But you learn to push through it and search for the good in it all."

A small scuff left Seth's lips, "And what's the good in this one?"

I paused, finding the one word that could answer his question but unsure if I should say it. Pushing my fears to the side, I said, "Well, you're here."

Seth moved his eyes to land on mine, both of us spotting each other through the darkness of the room.

Hope you enjoyed the flashbacks and chapter. Can't wait to put these two characters together. It'll be soon!

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.4K 53
"π“π‡π„π˜ π–π€π˜ 𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐈'𝐌 π€π‘πŽπ”ππƒ π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 πŒπ„." ꧁Season 3A - 6B꧂ ꧁Started: 03/30/2023꧂ ...
70.1K 1.3K 66
"ILL BE SUMMER SUN FOR YOU FOREVER." stranger things s1-4 season 1: completed season 2: completed season 3: completed season 4: completed steve harr...
13.3K 206 13
Nevaeh Grace Fuller adopted at thirteen by the fuller family . Now grown up adn stuck on a road trip with her dad and younger siblings . What happens...
103 0 12
We ride again Forever my friend Love being 21 Married life is done Non-explicit is long gone... Season3