Getting My Revenge

Getting My Revenge

Santanico falls to her knees, shedding a tear as she looks at the ashes of Malvado. "He's gone. He's gone," She repeats, her relief heard in every word.

"Yeah, well, so are we. I'm gonna go catch that prick, Greely. Get back what's ours," Seth says, closing up the case and pushing it away from him.

My eyes stay on Santanico, watching as her own searched for what's next. My words grab her attention, "Hey. You did it. He's history. Enjoy it while you can, because before you know it, you'll realize you're still pissed."

Seth and I turned to leave, only for Santanico to stand and stop us, "Seth. Katherine." We both turn to her, "Thank you." We nod in response, turning to head back upstairs to the main bar level.

The three of us pop out of the office labeled door, reaching the loud bar music and talking. My eyes catch the people that are talking, laughing, and drinking. The workers all seem to have their eyes on everyone, smiling wide as they like their lips.

When the cook looks over to me, his hand leading a man towards the back, his eyes flash yellow.

Shit.

"Seth," I said, bumping his arm which causes him to notice what I was seeing. He quickly rushes over to the cook and man, stopping them with a small shove.

"What's your problem?" The man asked Seth and I, me planted behind Seth.

Seth points ahead, "Keep going big guy." The man shakes his head and walks off, clearly confused by the actions of the nice dressed man.

The cook looks at Seth angrily, "That was my dinner."

"This ain't no feeding ground," Seth says. As if on cue, a waitress and the mustache man from outside step forward, surrounding us slightly.

"Says who?" The waitress asks, crossing her arms.

I start to see the problem we're about to have, which causes me to look behind myself and at Santanico. "Feel free to step in here any time. These are your people," I say, hoping she can stop a fight from happening. Eventually our lives will run out.

Santanico shook her head, her voice saying my name which sent shivers up my back, "No, Katherine. I killed Malvado so they could be free from everyone, including me."

Seth's arms go out to his side, looking over his shoulder at the snake queen. "Oh, that's a real nice sentiment, Evita. But if we don't do something real quick, it's gonna get real messy in here."

The waitress took a small step forward, "El Jefe said there'd be a new boss, sugar. Your brother. He's supposed to bring home dinner. You making sure we get that?"

"Why don't we ask the boss himself," Mustache man nodded ahead. All of us turned, noticing Richie walking in through the front door. He motions for Seth, Santanico, and me.

"We gotta talk."

In seconds, Santanico has a tight grip on Richie, backing him up to a table. Her voice spits out venom, "Can't talk if you're dead." Clearly, we weren't the only ones back stabbed by Richie's new tittle.

"Kill me, and we're all dead," Richie says, raising his hands up in a surrender type of motion. His eyes land on Santanico, "You don't wanna do this."

Seth speaks up, "She's got good reason to. So do we," Seth motion between himself and me.

When Richie speaks, it's not responding to us. Instead, he speaks in a different language, causing the three workers to all step in, surrounding us fully. Their stance says that their ready to fight, causing Seth to lightly push me away from the Cook's eyes.