My Only Love [PG13+] *EDITING*

By falleninfinitybooks

"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to tr... More

My Only Love [PG13+]
Prologue
1. Found
2. Slowly by Slowly..
3. Blackouts
4. The Cold Truth
5. Unfortunate Meetings
6. Forget Me
8. Greeted by Death.
9. The Ritual
10. I'm Yours.
11. First Date
12. Pup's Out of the Bag
13. On the Road
14. Mark Me
15. Long Lost, Finally Found
16. Proposal
17. The Sacrifice
18. Falling Into Place
19. Our Last Night
20. The Biggest Betrayal
21. Heartbeats
22. Death Is Kindest
23. There Is Only Heartbreak
24. The Healing
25. What Is Life?
26. The Second First Date
Epilogue
Acknowledgement & Sequel News
SEQUEL NOW UP!
HELP YOU AMAZING PEOPLE!

7. Realization

15.7K 239 15
By falleninfinitybooks

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload. I neglected to inform you all that I've got exams for the next two weeks. This isn't me holding any of my stories--I can do both study and write at the same time but I'm going to be a little late most of the time and it'll probably have gaps of up to 3 days. This will be the latest I'd have an upload but these exams are important because they're the trial exams for our final GPA mark. I'm studying so hard that it makes me cry :'( So yeah, sorry for the late uploads, please forgive me! This is extra long but I hope you enjoy it anyway! :) 
Read/Vote/Comment/Fan! I love you :) - Hilda

ALSO!: Sorry for doing this to Jarred! It's needed for the next couple of chapters. Don't worry! It says "Sexual Content" on the title as a warning so there will be steamy scenes soon ;) !...But don't count on it yet ;) 
*********************************** 

Seven.
Jarred’s POV

~Begin Nightmare~

I woke up in a bright room. It was too bright for my own good but apparently I wasn’t awake yet. You know what I mean? Of course you don’t.

But that’s how fucked up I felt. Like—I felt like I was in some sort of sleeping-awake state. The state of sleep where you’re physically bed ridden but your mind isn’t rested enough that everything feels like a waking nightmare.

In my dream—or nightmare I should say—I was in a brightly lit room. It was plain white so my first thought was: Heaven. I was dead. But why would I be dead? I didn’t even remember what happened to land me into this sick dream anyway.

But then at the horizon emerged a creature with fur as black as the night—it’s eyes mirrored my own. It was my wolf. But somehow my wolf didn’t look the same, somehow my wolf looked tired and restless...and dying.

I touched my wolf’s fur and as I ran my hands through it, the fur fell in clumps on the floor. My suspicions were correct. My wolf...was sick.

“What’s happened to us, bud?” I whispered, trying to reassure my wolf.

My wolf did something with his eyes—I realized that if I were in wolf form right now it would be me rolling my eyes. Even sick my wolf would be a funny idiot. But we were both on the same page. Something didn’t feel right.

I felt a little empty. I felt like a huge part of me was ripped away and stolen from me. Then I felt my body shaking. This is when I woke up.

~End Nightmare~

“Jarred! Jarred Blakely wake the fuck up!” the familiar voice yelled, pulling me to the surface.

I was pretty groggy. I couldn’t see well and it hurt to fully open my eyes. The room—like my dream, was bright. Also—when I could finally see—I realized it was my room. I was at home...why was I at home?

“Oh thank god!” someone tightened their arms around me, crushing my ribs.

I admit it kind of hurt...why did my ribs hurt?

And why the hell was my room crowded with half the damned pack!? “Er...hi.” Oh yeah, way to go Alpha! I mentally punched myself in the face—I sounded like an ass.

“Blakely! What happened to you man!” Jordan’s voice asked. When I finally found him I saw him holding a pretty girl—about our age—with dark hair and tanned skin in his arms. They looked at each other lovingly. When he met my eyes he looked down, blushing whilst the girl whispered something in his ear.

“Who’s this?” I ask, gesturing towards the girl. I didn’t sound rude—thankfully, because she looked shocked.

“You don’t know me?” the girl asked. She had a soft voice but at the same time it was high pitched. She looked familiar...yes, but I didn’t think I’d known her.

I shook my head. Instantly I felt Jordan mind-linking me into our private Alpha-Beta conversation. I looked at his face and realized maybe I should ‘answer the call’ to understand why he looked so...pitiful.

You don’t remember, Corey, man? He asked, actually sounding taken back.

No but I can feel the sex in the air. I joked. He didn’t laugh. Make everybody leave and we’ll talk.

He nodded. “Everyone you gotta go. Blakely’s fine and we gotta do some patrolling!” when everyone didn’t listen he shook his head. “GO!” he shouted and the wolves, she-wolves and pups followed them out except for the girl—Corey—who looked reluctant to leave Jordan. He nodded at her and kissed her forehead.

I winced at their exchange, at the love they so clearly shared with each other. It obviously wasn’t just sex. They were obviously mated to each other.

“You don’t remember Corey?”

I thought before I answered. Maybe we got really hammered and I ended up too drunk for my own good—causing my pack to freak out and Jordan to find his mate. That would be the only plausible reason for me to not remember anything from... “Er, truth be told—I don’t remember anything since we crossed the border.”

“You don’t remember the joining ceremony?” Joining Ceremony?

The Joining Ceremony was a ceremony that always happened when a pack member had found their mate. It would just be a party and an official ceremony would happen—with all the power and the works to officially accept the mating in the pack. It was a pretty important ritual.

“You and...Corey? You’re already Joined?”

He nodded, looking proud. “You did it yourself, man. You met...you met Elle there.” He said quietly.

Who was Elle? My Beta looked at me pitifully and I realized that he wouldn’t be telling me anything...anytime soon. Well okay, if you wanna play that card.

And I began to dig his mind.
~Begin Jarred’s Intrusion to Jordan’s Mind~
The music blasted off the shelves. There were people making out—grinding and doing alot of nasty shit in the dancefloor. Jordan tightened his hold on the girl in his arms. His heart beat for her.

Another girl came from behind them. She was beautiful. Well beyond even—her dark hair was mussed yet it kind of suit her. Her brown eyes searched the room and she said her goodbyes to Jordan and his mate before heading forward towards the bar.

~End Jarred’s Intrusion to Jordan’s mind~

I actually felt sick to my stomach. When I saw that girl’s face—I don’t know, you could say my heart stopped. I mean—wow, how could anyone be so gorgeous? That shit should be illegal! She walked around like she didn’t care about the world yet didn’t act stuck up about it. Instead she kept herself in her own little world.

Jordan studied me. Why would he be thinking about that? You know what people say about eavesdroppers? Well it’s true...you shouldn’t listen and in my case—intrude—on someone else’s conversations—let alone their thoughts. Because it was so true.

You wouldn’t like what you see.

“Who was that girl?”

Jordan grinned. “Noticed her huh?” he winked. “That’s Elle.”

“I’m supposed to know her how?” I tried hard to think of where I’d seen her. Maybe I’d had a one night stand with her and I fucked her over or something? Maybe it was why I felt like shit? But I wouldn’t forget someone as stunning as she was...no. That beauty would surpass any.

“You just are.” He shrugged. I realized he was having a mental conversation...that wasn’t with me. As I studied his face and realized how loving he looked, I knew he was speaking to his mate.

Was it weird that I felt jealous that I didn’t find my mate? The thought made my wolf claw my heart—I swear. We—my wolf and I—were missing something. Also—Jordan mind blocked me. Why in the hell was my Beta mind blocking me?

“Are you mind-blocking me man?” I asked.

He snapped out of his mental conversation immediately. “No...I was just discussing some sexual details of my next endeavour to The Corrine.

Damn man! “You didn’t just refer to your mate as a boat.”

“I sure did cause I rock her world.” he replied winking.

“That’s something I really wanted to know?” I asked, finally cracking to a laugh.

“Of course not man. But seriously, uh...you mind telling me what you remember last?”

“Like I said, I remember shifting from my wolf form and crossing the border. You were gone a few days and...you could even say this is the first time I’ve seen you since our last shift.”

“And you don’t remember, Corey? At all?”

I shook my head.

He just nodded. Jordan told me to stay put and so I had, whatever was happening—it was giving me a serious headache. My pack’s mind had become all kinds of crazy that I could barely read their thoughts—everything was too fast.

My soul was far, far away. But where?

It gave me a freaking headache just thinking about it. I mean seriously! What guy thinks like such a wuss? What guy even uses the word ‘wuss’? I went back to sleep hoping to god that whatever was happening would be fixed fast.

~Jordan’s POV~
I’m trying hard to block my mind.  Everyone meet me five kilometres from the house—official pack business. Over and out! I shouted as I shut Jarred’s door.

Man he was fucked! I remember how he was delivered—yeah, weird as it was. Delivered to us two nights ago by the porch smelling of alcohol. He was just laying there—it freaked us out so much because Jarred didn’t drink...much at least. He was pretty calm and collected, especially when Gabrielle came into the picture.

Don’t let him catch you thinking about her! Corey scolded me through our mind link. Her voice made my heart flutter just a little. She mentally punched me in the face for my thoughts.

Sorry, sorry! I replied.

Corrine’s been amazing—I mean wow. My wolf had not lived until I met her. It was true what our elders had said about finding our mates—they truly did complete us. It made me feel horrible for being so happy. Jarred was probably the greatest Alpha–apart from his father—of all time. He did everything to make sure that we got our safety and territory. Now looking back at Jarred’s face when he’d seen Elle.

I winced at the thought. He looked so broken. Like he was trying to figure out something that he just couldn’t. He and his wolf wouldn’t just snap out of it and forget...could they? No...they just couldn’t. Judging from Jarred’s face when I replayed the night of the Joining Ceremony—he was torn between pain and recognition.

It was just the recognition bit that we all had to now work out.

The wolves did as I’d told them and ran far into the forest. I joined them and ran alongside my little brown wolf who—if she were human, would be frowning at me.

‘Sup babe? I asked, hating it when she was worried. I could read through her thoughts—but being her mate...well I just loved to hear it from her.

I tried to reach Elle. I mean...I know she set up the barrier between me and her but when I dialled the number to reach her I got to Pizza Hut instead. Don’t you get it, Jordie? The barrier even separates our mobile communication. I don’t know how we’re supposed to get Jarred to remember if we can’t reach her.

I thought about this. Ever since Gabrielle set up the barrier Corrine’s been a mess. Sometimes her mind would be fully linked to the pack—other times she could barely even phase. It was what the elders called ‘Recognition’. Her wolf apparently needed to recognize the pack’s mind—it was so complex that she literally had to force her mind to us. It meant that her wolf was still lost...trying to find it’s way around. It pained me to think of how confused Corey was.

It gave me an idea.

You know her better than anyone. Why don’t we just send him blindfolded in? It wasn’t a brilliant plan—but if Corrine couldn’t contact her then we could send Jarred back to the college Elle was and they could fall in love over again. Maybe the second sighting was the charm.

She’s too broken! You think she’ll accept him? She’ll only hurt him more and his wolf would repress the feelings they have. She replied. Wow...yeah, not a brilliant plan.

We were now about five kilometres in the forest when the pack surrounded us—all contemplating on whether to call up Jarred’s father. Seriously? Again? One mistake and they wanted to call the big dog?

You wouldn’t call him that to his face. Mark smirked at me.

I would have bit the guy and at my thought Mark’s mate—Georgie growled at me. Corey instantly stepped in front of me and growled at her. That’s my girl!

Don’t think you’re off the hook too, Jordan. She said, her brown eyes staring at me before apologizing to Georgie. We’re here for Jarred. Remember. Now everyone focus.

We all stayed quiet for what seemed like forever. The trees rustled in the wind—it was colder now, somehow it felt unsettling. I ignored that—ignored the smell of another pack in the wind.

Wait...what? I snapped my head up—the other wolves following and we looked in the darkest area of where we all stood. Soon a little grey wolf with the warmest brown eyes came out, huffing. They looked surprised to find us first and I felt all the she-wolves become more protective. It was a she-wolf too.

Who is your leader? I realized everyone heard her send thoughts to our head.

Only powerful wolves could do that. Risers. She was a riser. All the pack seemed to think the same as me because instead of approaching her, most backed away. The female wolves immediately turning to the pups who followed.

Answer me! Her voice echoed in the forest.

I am. I answered. I am Jordan, Beta of this pack. State your name and purpose. I finally say, finding courage. I might be a Beta but if she was a riser that meant she could easily knock the wind out of me—choke me with it or enter my mind and make me insane.

Fucking risers!

There is no need for that, young Beta.

Young? She could’ve been younger! I’m twenty-two. You look like you’re fifteen. I believe the words: You’re one to talk, seems pretty useful in this conversation.

You speak of age? I am your Elder. I seek my daughter.

I know who you are! Corey exclaimed, pushing past me. Her wolf seemed confident as she approached the gap we had from the grey wolf. I feel it in your heart. I can sense it in your smell.

As I can sense it with yours. You were of my daughter’s pack.

Corrine bowed and...what the fuck? She bowed? When I cussed she snarled at me and immediately thought: Everybody bow!

We all did and the little grey wolf chuckled in our minds. I’ve not had such a warm greeting. Young wolf, what are you called?

Corrine, your majesty. My mate said politely.

Wait...okay so my mind sort of began to catch up on the things that happened.

First of all—this woman—this grey wolf...it was Gabrielle’s mother.
Secondly...Corrine immediately sensed her and vice versa meaning...the link between her and Elle’s pack was still intact! It would explain why it was so hard for her to adjust!
And thirdly..the craziest thing...the woman was most likely royalty.

You’re mate seems to be further away, Corrine. The grey wolf sternly said.

I’m here. I commented, earning a grown from Corrine. Okay—so answering all cockily towards royalty was bad. So what? Corrine growled again and I immediately heightened my defences.

That will not work. I’d rather you allow me into your mind rather than protecting your defences even more. I’m here for my daughter and I happened to smell her on your mate only to find out that my daughter is no longer here. Where can I find her?

That’s what we’re trying to find out ma’am. You see, your daughter is our Alpha’s mate.

Immediately the grey wolf growled loudly. The sound echoed throughout the forest. She howled and it practically made my ears bleed! The same affect happened to the rest of the pack. What the hell! She kept on howling, and howling before she choked on her final howl. The wind stopped rustling and the air seemed still.

Your majesty, are you alright?

No. This was not meant to happen. She cannot mate with your Alpha!

But you know that he could die! I shouted through mindlink. It sucked—to be ignored by your mate? To not mate with them? Most wolves die. And as powerful as Jarred was...he already looked as if half his soul were missing.

Let him die! The wolf roared.

MOTHER.  

Okay how many more freaking intruders would we have today? I looked towards my left where the ‘voice’ came from and out emerged Gabrielle in human form. Didn’t she know better than to approach all wolves in her human form?

Shut up, Jordan! Corrine said.

We were all staring at Gabrielle in awe. I don’t know how I’d never seen it before but it seemed like there was a light around her. Sure—she wasn’t as beautiful as my mate. My mate was the light in my world. But Gabrielle—it was like she made the light that shone in the room. She walked there with her head held high, dark hair pulled up in a braid and eyes looked like a conflicting stormy sky.

Apart from beautiful though...she also looked mad.

Gabrielle. The grey wolf said acknowledging Elle.

In about five seconds the grey wolf started to shed skin—slowly, the same colour skin as Gabrielle started to emerge, hair started to come out and a body started to shape. I tried not to look but it was pretty hard.

Gabrielle’s mother stood naked before us, walking towards her daughter whose face was blank. She lifted her hand and smacked Gabrielle in the face, earning some growls from the pack. She was our Alpha’s mate! Our future Luna! Not to mention the fact that she was an Alpha herself.

My thoughts led me into a confused state. So if Gabrielle’s mother was royalty then she was royalty. This also meant that Gabrielle had a shadier past than I’d thought. The smack from her mother probably meant that they had a shitty relationship too.

Ugh. So complicated! Of all the people Jarred had to mate with!

“I’m glad to see you too, mom.” Gabrielle said, but she sounded like she was thinking the opposite of ‘glad’.

“You look skinnier.” The woman said rudely.

What a bitch! I didn’t usually want to hit women—even when they were powerful enough to kill me with a single thought—but seriously! She was being a dog!

“You look older.” Gabrielle replied. Ha-ha! Suck on that bitch!

Wow...was I enjoying this?

Yes, you are. Now shut up man’ this is getting interesting! Mark mind-linked to me.

“You know my purpose for visiting you in your fake life?”

“Of course I do.” Elle replied, her voice actually sounded broken.

“And you still rebel against him?”

“You still join him? Oh wait mom! Of course you will. You’re both the same.”

“Don’t talk about him like that!” The woman growled, pulling her hand up to hit Elle again. But this time Elle caught it and pushed it down.

“You’ll think twice before you hurt me. I am the Alpha of this territory and you actually cross knowing I could hurt you?” Elle asked with a threatening tone. “You might be the woman who gave birth to me but you were never my ‘mom’. You both killed my father and my sisters. Don’t think for a second that I’ll pit you when you’ve never given even that to me.” She spat.

“You know how to talk back now, I see. Seems as if when you come home you’ll need to learn a thing or two.”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“Of course you’re not! Stubborn, ungrateful child! You’ll suffer and think twice before you run again.” Elle’s mother looked towards us and smirked.

“My name is Elena English—this is my human name. By the wolf laws I am Elena, Queen of the Spanish District. Whilst I’ve married an American fool I have this title and therefore the power over the main pack in Spain. My daughter is Gabrielle English, you’re leader and princess.”

All our eyes widened in shock.

Gabrielle was a princess. The princess—to be exact—of the largest, most powerful pack in the world. Not to mention the fact that her mother—the queen who murdered her  own offspring to prove her worth (or so the legends told us) is an ancient which would mean that Elle would be twice her age and aging slowly because she was still in wolf form.

I’m not making any sense but I knew one thing. This was going to be very, very, VERY bad.

GOOD JOB JARRED! I mentally thought.

Very bad.

 ********************

No Gabrielle POV! What did you think of Jordan? He didn't state his thoughts much but his POV is important for this chapter. Maybe some Corey for the next one? Oh and did you like how long it was? I haven't proof-read or edited anything so if I have any mistakes please point them out ! Like I said, sorry for the "future" late uploads! I'll try to upload as much as I can soon! 
P.S. Don't forget to fan/comment/vote!
P.P.S. Check out my other stories if you wish? : Teenage Dream, The V Games, How it Started with Abercrombie & Fitch.

Love, Hilda. XOXO :)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 4K 22
Emily Claire's world is turned upside down when she and her destiny mate found together. She has lived from house to house and she's finally turned 1...
18.2K 684 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
2.3M 74.8K 97
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...
2.2M 74.3K 49
COMPLETED - (book 2) Updated version now available on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited with an extra bonus chapter at the end! "I stood there for...