License to Delivered #POstabl...

By AshleyEppley

I am posting this a favor for #POstables who don't have twitter and who are dying to what is going on the twi... More

License to Delivered #POstables- Author's
A Rain of silence and regret
Speaking of Wisdom of God
The Feelings a Letter Brings
Attention readers
One seeks to find
Lines of Curosity and Privacy
Update on new chapters
A Letter Tells All
A POstable Ghost Story
Letting go of the past sneek peak
Letting go of the past Part 1 full chapter
Letting Go of the Past part 2 Sneak Peek
Letting Go of the Past Part 2 Full Chapter
Letting go of the past part 3
Letting go of the past part 4
Letting Go Of The Past Part 5
making some changes
After The Date

What Dreams May Come

268 0 0
By AshleyEppley

Chapter 6 What Dreams May Come

This chapter is dedicated to the loss of Robin Williams

And also this chapter is dedicated to a brilliant signed sealed delivered fanfic writer, Ruth Hill

It was early morning, Shane was the first one to enter the DLO office. She was hoping to receive from Maddie Wilson but no luck. Even though, she didn't do much of it, Shane decided to pray. Shane walked to Oliver's desk and found a bible. She looked around to see if anyone was in the DLO and no one was there. Then, she looked at the bible and picked it up. She grasped it tightly and prayed out loud.

Dear Lord, forgive me, this is my first time praying to you. I see Oliver do it silently, but not out loud and I am not sure saying my prayers out loud is correct, but since no one is here I thought I could say what is in my heart to you. But Oliver says often that you know and see everything and all that, but I need to tell you this. I need your help Lord, I need your guidance to help me to help someone who is in love with a pastor, man of God, she wants to tell him, but she is afraid to. She and I have a lot in common. I know I can help, as I have the same problem. We both have feelings for a man we can't have. Maddie, she is love with a man that loves you more than her. And I have feelings for a married man, Oliver , I am sorry, I know it is wrong and sinful to have feelings for a man like Oliver, but there is no man like him after you created him. Lord, I know from what I am told about you that you are loving, merciful, and giving. And I swear have not, nor will I act on my feelings for this until he has resolved the nature of his situation with his wife. Lord, if you help me with Maddie it will help me as well.

Thank you for listening, Lord.

Amen.

After finishing her prayer the DLO door flap opened. She shuttered and turned quickly to see no one. She turned around and placed the bible back on Oliver's desk. She sighed then and she looked at the Memorial of the Dark Knight awards that she, Oliver, Rita and Norman received. She smile looking at the picture that was taken of the day of the award ceremony, but what Shane remembered the most was Oliver's smile. They were so happy.

Then all of the sudden she felt something tingle her on her neck and it felt like someone had kissed her neck. Her heart was racing when she heard Oliver's voice, as she was trembling as the breathe flew through as he said,

"Shane, don't turn around just listen and hear me say that you drive me mad."

"Oliver, this is madness you are still married."

"Oh my dear Shane, I hope not to be married for long and you know what Robin Williams says about madness."

"What about Shakespeare?"

"Shakespeare I will save for later, but Robin Williams, a once wise fellow said, You're only given a little spark of madness. You must not lose it. And Shane McIenery I don't want to lose you and I want you in my life. No matter what happens."

Oliver turns her around he lends in so close to her face, but not too close that their lips are not touching, but noses and foreheads they were close to kissing until she hears a phone ringing.

"Did you hear that?" Shane asked Oliver.

"No,"

"I think that is my phone," Shane said.

Oliver said, "Don't answer it then."

He kisses and touches her lips and the phone keeps ringing and then Shane jumps out bed as the phone had awaken her from her dream about Oliver. She fell off the bed as her cell phone still ringing. She grabs the phone while picking herself up from the falling off of the bed. She answers the call and said,

"Hello?"

"Ms. McIenery, this is Maddie Wilson, Pastor Doug informed me to contact you about a misplaced letter you have for me."

Shane rubbed her head, just checking any bruising from her fall. Shane stood up and sat on her bed, she told Maddie,

"Oh Maddie, I am glad you to have decided to return my call, about your letter, I am sorry the envelope was badly damaged from rain that we had to open and read the contents to find the sender or sendee. "

"Wait, you and Oliver read my letter?" Maddie asked.

"Yes and I am sorry, but I ensure you, that the contents have not been divulged to anyone." Shane admitted.

"Not even, Pastor Doug, he does he know what is in letter?"

"I swear, Maddie. Pastor Doug does not know what is in the letter, but I think when I deliver it to you that you should be the one to give him the letter."

Maddie immediately without hesitation said, "No."

"No, may I ask why?"

"Ms.McIenery.."

Shane instructed her, "Please call me, Shane."

"Well, Shane, as I am grateful my letter is in safe hands. The letter was intended for one purpose to be sent, delivered, and read by Pastor Doug. And that did not happen. That makes me believe that God decided it is not right time to tell him, because if he wanted me and Doug together, he would have gotten the letter. "

Shane added, "Maddie, Oliver says the letters that come to our office, he believes each letter he picks has a purpose and meaning, your letter has purpose to give to the man you love and the meaning is that love is patient, kind, it never fails. And like the wise Robin Williams said, It's not about understanding... it's about *not* giving up. "

Maddie was amazing and overwhelmed by Shane's wisdom and words. Despite almost being in near tears, she giggled as she was reminded about what Oliver told her about Shane.

Shane heard the giggle as her curiosity peaked and asked, "May I ask what is so funny?"

"Forgive me, Shane, but was just reminded of what Oliver told me about you."

Shane was stunned, but now 10 times curious of what Oliver would be saying about her to others in his church.

"Really, Maddie, what has Oliver said about me?

"First off, he never once spoke ill of you, Shane so be relieved, but what struck me he told me about you was I think I am quoting this right, he said that you were, a woman full of persistence that you have a magnificent talent in shedding the light to people."

Shane was so happy she was on the phone. She was grateful that Maddie, nor anyone else see that she was blushing red as an apple. Shane didn't want to boast, so she ask Maddie,

" So, will you please let me help you show that meaning and purpose of your letter."

Maddie sighed, "Under one condition. That you bring Oliver with you, after all he his the only one who can understand what I am going through with Pastor Doug."

Shane's eyes widen how was she going get to come with her even though Oliver told not be involve in the case. Despite the difficulty, Shane had an idea to get Oliver to come.

"Alright 1 pm at mailbox grille."

"Actually, can we met at the church instead?"

"That is fine," Shane agreed.

"Good, it will be meet the woman behind Oliver O Toole."

Shane giggled, but maintained composure and said,

"It will be nice to meet you too, Maddie. See you at 1 pm." Shane sighed

After hanging up her cell phone she looked at the clock by her bed to see it was 9:30am.

Shane McIenery, for the first time in six months of working in the DLO was late for work.

It is was 930am in the morning, at the DLO, a worried and pacing Oliver was wondering where on earth was Ms. McIenery she was an hour late, she was never late and if she were late she would be this late. His cautious gut was telling him something could be wrong if she were late she would have called. Norman and Rita was watching the pacing and worried Oliver for the past half an hour waiting for instruction as their work duties, after all he was the team leader. Rita saw how unhinged he was and she had to ask in what way she could ease his mind. So, she took up the courage and asked,

"Oliver, you look troubled?"

"Is it that obvious, Rita?"

"Indeed, Oliver if you are worried about Shane being late, I am sure she is fine. After all you and I both know how well capable she is in taking care of herself."

"I know, but Rita, she is an hour late and has not called, she would call. Wouldn't she?"

"I don't know, Oliver, she has never called in sick before."

Oliver made a judgment call at the every moment. He wasn't going to stand and wait any longer. With no hesitation he went got his coat and was about to head out the door when he stoped himself. Turned to Norman and Rita and was about to ask, but Norman and Rita already knew, what Oliver was going to ask, as Rita stated,

"Don't worry."

Norman added, "We'll be happy to take care of things here while you are gone."

Rita added, "We will pray that Shane will be fine, and I am sure, Shane would be happy to see you visit her. And please give Shane out love and well wishes."

Oliver smiled, grateful to know that he had friends like Norman, Rita and especially Ms. McIenery, Shane but if Oliver was truly honest with himself he knew Shane was more than just a friend, but he could be truly honest with himself or Shane until he gets response from Holly.

It was 10 am, Shane was 2 hours late, man Oliver was having her head for being late, and if he found out that she was inferring in letter investigation she would certainly be dog house with Oliver and she didn't want that. Shane was about to head toward the DLO and she thought that if she had chance to tell him the truth about why she was late and that her temptation of curiosity got the best of her, as she was inferring in his personal letter investigation. Shane promised herself that she would be 100% honest with him after that is one of the most important foundations of a good relationship, honesty.

Shane opened her door and was about to walk out the door. When her steps and her heart stopped as there was Oliver O'Toole standing at her doorway.

And all Shane could say was

"Hello, Oliver."

In a unpleasant and disappointed tone.

"Ms. McIenery, Happy to see you are fine and well."

"What? Oliver, What are you doing?"

Oliver, trying his best to remain calm after he was a gentleman and gentlemen don't yell at women like Shane McIenery. And said,

"Well, Ms. McIenery." Pausing to get out his pocket watch to see the time, then informed Shane, "If I am not mistaken, you were late coming to work. And I was concerned."

Shane couldn't help but say, "Oliver O'Toole, you were concerned for me. How sweet. But as you can Oliver, perfectly fine and was on my to work."

"Good then, don't have rush in so as you already late, you will have the honor in amusing me by letting me in for coffee and explain your lateness."

Shane had to ask "Is that a request or an order?"

"Interpret what you will Ms. McIenery? But either way I am not leaving till the truth is known." Oliver moved pass Shane into her apartment and she said nothing as she was in shock as he asked.

"Now, can you please point me in the direction of your coffee maker."

Shane drop her briefcase, closed the door and sighed, "In my kitchen, to your right."

"Thank you." Oliver gliding his way off to the right head towards the kitchen. Shane walks toward bar and sat down watching Oliver make a pot of coffee. As he began starting to make the coffee and made his way around Shane's kitchen, he told Shane,

"Now, Ms McIenery, do you know what my one number aspect in a relationship is?"

Shane knew the answer but she couldn't but play around with him a bit,

"Sense of humor?" she teased him he looked at her, and then she recanted, "Oliver I know you thrive in being honest with the people you care about."

"Indeed, you know me quite well. Ms. McIenery."

Shane smiled and replied, "Well it is amazing what 6 months of working in the DLO can get you."

Shane and Oliver laughed as Oliver was putting coffee in the pot along with the water. Oliver asked Shane,

"So are you going to tell me, why you were late while the coffee is brewing."

"I am sorry, Oliver I overslept, to be honest I haven't slept ever since. The night you ... In the rain."

"You are inferring to you me the night I mailed the letter to Holly."

"Yes."

"While I guess neither of us have gotten a good nights rest then."

"Really, you haven't been sleeping either."

"No not since then that night, but after some praying about it, I think I know the reason."

Shane asked, "okay tell me the reason."

Oliver sat by her side and told her,

"Honesty our fear in being honest with ourselves."

Shane hated lying and keeping secrets, she needed to be honest about everything...I mean not everything but her interfering with his letter investigation.

"Oliver... There is something I need to tell you."

"Please let me honest with you first. Will you oblige me?" Holding her hand.

"Thank you, you see Ms.McIenery. I have to be honest with in regards of the night me and you in rain and the letter."

"Oliver, you don't need to explain if you don't want to."

"I want to, I need to." Oliver insisted then went on, "Remember you asked what I was afraid of?"

"Yes." Shane remembered

Oliver explained, "Shane you see fear is what stops me from any mistakes I make in the past or the futures. The things we fear the most, Ms. McIenery have already happened to us."

Shane, trying to grasp in what Oliver was trying to tell her, but she was as smart as Oliver so she admitted,

"Oliver, I am not as intelligent as you, but what are you trying to say?"

"Forgive me, Ms.McIenery, for being cryptic in my words. But my fear has being always stopping me from making any decision especially when it comes to our relationship."

"Our relationship?" Shane was nervous now.

"Shane I care about you, you are a wonderful and intelligent woman, who has made me completely mad.

Shane's heart was racing, her dream she was reflect her life she could let Oliver do this admit something he wasn't ready to, but she had to say the word he was going to say next,

"And like Robin Williams once wise fellow said, You're only given a little spark of madness. You must not lose it. And you don't want to lose me. Right?"

Shane, having tears in her eyes then even though she wanted this to happen that doesn't mean it was the right thing to happen.

Oliver was stunned to hear to the exact words he going to say next. Oliver wondered and asked,

"How did you know what.. I was."

Shane stopped him, "Oliver whatever you plan on being honest about is not time to be that honest with until you get the response you are waiting for."

"I see, Ms. McIenery"

Shane, trying not to let Oliver see her cry it hurt her more if did but not it was right to be honest with him.

"Oliver, thank you for being honest with me and now is it time for me to honest with you."

"Honest about what," Oliver now the nervous one

"My letter interfering" Shane admitted as she told Oliver what she did last who she saw and talked to yesterday and today and what she had planned. Shane was uncertain of Oliver's reaction to Shane's confession. As the coffee beep as was finish brewing Oliver looked at Shane and the his pocket to look at the time it was close to noon. They had one hour until the meeting with Maddie. He sighed and suggested to Shane,

"Well Ms. McIenery, I think I should take this coffee to go and have some lunch and discuss it in more detail of your plan for Maddie, then together we head to the church as planned."

"Oliver, you are not mad at me for interfering?"

"No, actually, I am happy you did. Now find us some handy coffee cups and let's head to lunch, my treat this time."

Shane got them some coffee cups, poured the coffee in them and she handed Oliver his coffee. For a second, their hands touched and for that second Shane relived her dream of Oliver kissing her. Shane quickly turn away and walked to the door, Oliver caught ahead of her to opening the door for and said,

"Ladies first."

Shane smiled said, "Thank you as always, Oliver for being the prefect gentleman. "

Shane walked out the door, as Oliver follows her out closing the door. Oliver always find his gentlemen ways to work out for him.

Next chapter coming next Saturday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 679 39
Any ships Yes I did this because no one else did. If any request... Leave it at the bottom or anywhere where the bold words are at. REQUESTS CLOSED F...
17.9K 249 46
o2l imagines completed November 7th 2016 10:18PM. all good things come to end but they live forever in our hearts. I wrote this when I was much youn...
89.8K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
24.5K 290 58
Here is Markiplier Preferences For the Lovers Of Markiplier,Here will be in this would would Be.Markiplier,Googleplier,Darkiplier,Wilford Warfstache...