You'll Never Be Alone

By Ziehmer28

"But you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, Baby... More

Part 1
Pilot
One Thing After Another
The Girl Who Saved Seth Gecko
The Hunt
The Labyrinth
A Way Out
Part 2
Getting By
Partner
Sober Up
Win The Family, Get The Man
Taking Over
Dinner With The Snakes
Uncle Eddie's Final Case
The Greely Case
Getting What We Deserve
Getting My Revenge

The Show

964 17 1
By Ziehmer28

The Show

Santanico started to dance on the stage with a large yellow snake slithering around her body. Her eyes stayed on Richie as if the show was for him. Everyone seemed hypnotized by the show, even Kate and Scott couldn't stop watching in shock.

The light above her shines over her, causing her to vanish. As the light moves, gasps are heard, only for everyone to clap when the light stops directly behind us, revealing Santanico.

We all turn to her, looking at her shocked as she just glances over at Richie with a small smirk. The snake that was around her is now gone, but she still seems hypnotizing. She suddenly vanishes again when the light moves, reappearing back on stage.

In seconds her hands are around a pole, her body dancing with it like it was her partner.

"It's her," Richie say for the third time.

"Who?" Seth asks, completely confused by this whole show. Join the club.

Richie looks at Seth, "You can see her, too?" He seems shocked only making Seth and I's face scrunch up in more confusion. Richie focuses back on Santanico, "That's the girl that led me here."

Well, that's not creepy.

Santanico moves across the stage slowly and gracefully. Her feet don't stop when she hits the end of the stage, instead they make their way across the tables lined up with drooling men. She walks across two tables before stepping on ours, keeping eye contact with Richie.

She stops on our table, dancing a little before swiping up the bottle of alcohol. She lifts up her perfect leg, practically setting her foot in Richie's open mouth before pouring the alcohol down it. It swims on her skin and into Richie's mouth.

I cringe and almost shake at the sight, wanting nothing more than to cover my sibling's eyes and get the hell out of here. God this was weird.

Santanico lowers her leg when half the bottle is empty. She holds the bottle up and takes a large drink of it before setting it back down on the table.

I won't be drinking from that anytime soon.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any stranger, Santanico kneels in front of Richie and starts licking his lips and mouth like a bird. It's probable a turn on for most of the guys here, but apparently not for Seth as he scrunches his face up in discuss.

As she stands again her body starts to sway, dancing on our table seductively. My mind wonders how long this thing will go on. Any longer and I'll be grabbing my siblings to quickly wait outside.

I don't have to wait long for the ending, because someone else brought their own.

My eyes catch Ranger Gonzalez rush over to us, making my mouth drop a bit. I want to warn Seth and Richie but it's too late, he's reached us and is already making a move. He takes out a knife and slams it into Richie's already injured hand, causing him to yell.

"This is for Earl," He says before taking a step back. In seconds Santanico has stopped dancing and all hell is about to break loose. Ranger Gonsalez points his gun at Richie causing Seth to stand and point his gun at the Ranger.

"He dies, you die," Seth warns only to be met with another gun that Gonsalez pulls out and aims at him.

Well shit.

Unlike outside, there is no guns around for me to grab and join in. Then again, why would I shoot a Ranger and not two criminals? It's a question that quickly leaves my mind just as quickly as it entered.

Why?

Because Santanico just turned into a snake like creature with scales. Sharp fangs appeared in her mouth as she hissed at Ranger Gonsalez before pouncing on him. They both recover quickly and stand before she throws him into a table across the bar.

My mouth dropped in shock as I looked at the scaly Santanico. So much for beautiful.

Everyone in the crowd quickly stands up from their seats, shocked and screaming. The music plays in the background like its all normal, which I assume it is when all the workers don't seem surprised.

A man fires a gun at Santanico, hitting her in the gut a few times which doesn't even faze her. She pounces on him, digging her sharp teeth into his throat and tearing it out like a lion.

Richie and Seth are pointing their guns at anything and everything as people watch in horror, run to the nearest exit, or fight Santanico only to meet the same fate as the first guy.

I felt like this was a horrible horror movie, and I was trapped right in the middle of it.

"What the hell kind of floor show is this?" Seth yells out, looking around confused and shocked.

Jacob, Scott, Kate, and I are all glued to our seats, unsure if we should move. The thought of just running out the door is dropped when all the doors and windows lock with bars, trapping everyone inside. Santanico disappears, bringing a small relief to my lungs.

The relief doesn't last long as the workers and dancers start to turn into the snake like creatures too. They jump and run over to anyone that's close to them before tearing into their flesh like its food.

"Richard, get your balls on!" Seth yells to Richie, both of them pointing guns at any creature that they saw,

Richie looks to my family and me, "Get under the table."

Scott looks around, climbing under the table as people drop dead left and right. "Dad, they're everywhere!" Scott yells.

Jacob quickly grabs Kate and Scott's arms, pulling them up from under the table and over to the bar, moving quickly in hopes of not being caught. My eyes watched them while my body stayed glued to my chair. It was like I was frozen in place, unsure of where to move.

I hear my sister's scream, making me turn back towards them to find to find Jacob, Scott, and Kate sitting on the ground. A table is tipped over in front of them, while one of the snake like creatures is crawling over it.

My instincts kick in fast, my body immediately standing while my hands grab a gun that is laying randomly on the ground now.

I swipe up the shot gun and make my way over to my family, aiming the gun at the creature before blowing a bullet into its head. It falls limp to the ground, supposedly dead.

Jacob looks over at me, seeming grateful for a second before he points behind me, "Behind you!" I quickly turn, meeting eyes with the cowboy hat wearing guy from out front.

"Oh come on!" I yell to myself.

The man charges towards me, causing me to hold up the shotgun again and shoot the man's stomach. He stops, looks down at the wound, before smirking back at me. My eyes go wide and I quickly toss the gun to the side, turning to run away.

I don't make it two steps before his arms wrapped themselves around me. A scream left my lips as I waved my head around, hoping to knock the creature out or at least stop him from biting into my neck.

I'm sure I'm done for when he suddenly turns to ash under me, causing me to fall on my butt. At first, I'm thrown off by what just happened, only for Seth to grab my arm and yank me up. The dots connect in my head as he pushes me behind him, holding up a stake.

Seth saved me by stabbing the creature with a stake. Bullets don't seem to work. And they love blood.

Are these things vampires?

My hands grip the back of Seth's jacket as I watch another body drop to the floor dead. Suddenly, parts of the floor open, causing the creatures to toss and roll the bodies into them. Once all the human bodies are disposed of, the creatures retreat back into the corridors of the club, bars locking them inside.

I let out a small breath, hoping that this is the last time we see those creatures.

Suddenly, Santanico appears in front of Richie, looking normal. She slowly walks towards him, causing him to point his knife at her. His eyes stay on her as she speaks in a calm voice.

"It's all right, Richard. It's me. I've been waiting for you."

Seth starts to move, causing me to let his jacket go, freeing him from my grip. He walks up so quickly that Richie doesn't even see him before he shoots Santanico's shoulder. She lets out a loud shriek, changing back into the vampire/snake like creature. Seth shoots her again, ready to load another one in her but she runs off. Richie grabs Seth's arm and shoves it down, "Stop! Why did you do that?"

Seth looks at his brother in disbelief, "Because she's a goddamn monster!" He suddenly points his gun at Richie's head, making Richie roll his eyes. "Now you answer me this. Why has she been waiting for you? Answer the question."

Richie pushes Seth's arm away, "Get that gun out of my face."

"Says the guy who put a knife to my neck," Seth says before pulling up the gun again. "You know, all this time I thought I was the one that brought us here, that I did the deal with Carlos. Turns out, you've been a part of this club before I even knew it existed."

"Are you kidding me right now? After everything I've done for you? Sonny doesn't betray Michael, Seth. That was Fredo," Richie says, once again talking non-sense.

Seth nods to Richie's knife in his hand, "Then explain the knife."

"It's a blade, it cuts things."

"I ditched it at a liquor store hundreds of miles from here, and it still found its way back to you. Now it turns out Carlos is the guys who gave it to you in the first place?"

Richie scrunches his face up, "No, you're twisting things around."

Sure didn't sound that way before.

"Well, then set me straight," Seth says, his eyes stuck on Richie.

I almost jump when my dad's voice speaks up, him, Scott, and Kate joining the small group. "Will you two quit it? We don't have time for you to play Cain and Abel. We just got attacked by the devil's legion." Seth sighs but see's the point and lowers the gun with a heavy sigh. "We need to find a way out of here."

My eyes look at the large and strong bars and locks on all the windows and doors. "Easier said than done. Those locks won't break for even a bullet," I said, recognizing them. These are the same locks people use on prison doors and windows.

How do I know that? I knew a deputy that told me about prison. It was supposed to scare me straight. Turns out, my dad sent him to scare me back to religion, it didn't work.

Jacob silently agreed with me, "There's no way out. This place is sealed up tighter than a drum."

Clearly I'm not the only one who knows about prison locks.

Kate crosses her arms over her chest nervously, "So we're stuck in here with those... whatever they are."

"Vampire/Snake like creatures?" I ask with a fake smile.

Everyone ignores my words.

Seth gestures to Richie with his gun, "Well, why don't you ask Richie what they are. He's seen them before."

"In my mind," Richie says rudely. His eyes glare at Seth while his does the same to him. If we let them, they'd probable shoot and stab each other until they both dropped dead. But that didn't stop the words.

"Bullshit. You played me like an 8-track," Seth says. Though he hid it well, you could see the hurt and betrayal in his eyes.

Kate took a step towards Richie, her voice shrieking almost. "You knew about those things? I begged you to let us go."

Richie sighed and looked at my little sister, "I knew that something was coming, but I didn't know what it was. How could I possibly know that everybody in this bar was gonna turn into..."

"Vampire/Snake like creatures?" I said again.

Shaking his head and brushing me off with his hand, Richie said, "No, I don't believe in vampires."

Neither did I until today.

Seth glares at his brother, "Well, neither do I, Richard. However, setting aside the sheer absurdity of this conversation, they have fangs and they die when you stab them in the heart with wood. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Mexican Dracula."

Jacob shook his head, "Except one of them ate my cross."

Kate looked towards her dad, mumbling out, "Is this God's judgment, Daddy?"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms as I looked towards the ceiling. "Oh, please don't start this shit." I was defiantly not in the mood to listen to this judgement day crap.

"Katherine! Language!" Jacob's voice yelled at me.

My head quickly turned to my dad, my arms throwing themselves out to the side. "I think we have a few bigger things at hand besides my language right now."

Seth agrees, "She's right, we need to figure out what these things are."

Surprisingly, Scott speaks up, "I think they might be Mayan or Aztec or something."

Kate rolls her eyes, "Scott..."

"Wait a second. What did you say?" Seth asks, taking a couple of steps towards Scott. He looks interested, like he wants to hear everything that leaves my brother's lips.

"Given that we're in Mexico and all, it makes sense that these things might be Mayan or Aztec. I mean, those guys always have snakes in their art. And I read about an ancient race of bloodsucking reptiles. They terrorize people, hunt at the nighttime, tear them apart limb from limb with fangs and scales and wings. Just like frog legs."

Both Seth and I's eyes rise in confusion, "Frog legs?"

Kate quickly takes a step to look at her brother, her tone angry. "Oh, my God, Scott. This is from your stupid wrestling magazine, isn't it?"

"Really, kid?" Seth half yells, shaking his head in disbelief. Just when I'm sure my family actually has something smart to say, they do this to me.

"Actually, the kid's not far off," A man says behind us, making me jump and turn around. Seth quickly points his gun at the man who puts his hands up in surrender. "Whoa, easy there, Tex. Put down the gun."

"I should say the same thing to you," Seth says as he gestures to the make-shift gun that sits perfectly on the man's privates.

Talk about disgusting.

Jacob looks at the man confused, asking what we're all wondering. "Who is this person?:

"He calls himself Sex Machine," Kate says, making me look at her confused. How the hell does she know that?

Richie scuffs as he sits down at one of the tables, "Subtle."

"He was at the Rattler, too," Kate says, glaring at the guy which makes me wonder what was said between the two.

Sex Machine makes eyes contact with each of us as he introduces himself. "The name's Aiden Tanner, Professor Aiden Tanner. I'm undercover as Sex Machine."

My eyes raise and I can't help the chuckle that leaves my lips. "Yeah, and I'm an accountant. Anyone want me to do their taxes for them?" I ask, looking over at everyone with a fake smile. When no one comments I drop my smile and look back at Aiden.

"I'm part of the Department of Archaeology, Alamo State. I was consulting with one ranger Gonzalez about a series of bloody killings along the U.S. and Mexico border. And when he left, I realized he was on the trail of something epic. So I decided to follow him, and it brought me here."

Seth nods, "Yeah. Okay. So what do you mean, the kid's not far off?"

"What I mean is..."

"These are Mexican Dracula," Richie finishes, making Aiden nod and point at him. "Exactly. Ladies and gentlemen, we are standing in the domain of the Waxaklahun Ubah Kan or Los Culebras, which, in Spanish, it means..."

Richie interferes again, "Serpent."

Aiden nods again, sighing slightly as he glares at Richie, "Yes. Now, I've been studying this cult for over 10 years. They worship the Vision Serpent." He points to a sculpture made out of wood of a giant eye. "This is their territory. Their glyphs are all over these walls. I mean, I've seen their writings before, but never anything like this. We're standing on sacred ground. This place is a source of immense power for these people."

"People?" Seth asks?

"When they want to be," Aiden says with a smile. He makes his way over to one of the unconscious creatures, all of us following him. He knees down in front of it as he talks. "lot of what we hear about vampires comes from the Spanish missionaries' misconceptions about these Culebras. They had most of it right, but these puppies are more snake than bat. Check this out." He turns the neck to reveal popping veins. "Venom glands. And look at this." He opens the mouth, revealing their vampire like fangs. "See the fangs? Conical in shape. And they fold up against the gums, right? 'Cause they hinge down like a snake."

Scott's eyes go buggy, "That's insane."

As much as I'd like to thump my brother over the head, I have to agree. This is insane, just in a different way.

Aiden stands back up, "Yeah. Well, the codices say that these guys are descendants from the mistress, who was a nice young lady that the snake God transformed into a bloodsucking demi-Goddess. Just think succubus. But then, neither she nor these Culebras are supposed to exist."

Seth mumbles out next to me, "setting his hands on his hips, "Yeah, well, it's been that kind of day."

The creature suddenly wakes up, hissing and grabbing onto my leg. I let out a yelp, stepping back only for the creature's grip to grow tighter. Suddenly, Seth swoops in again, staking the Culebras' heart, turning it to ash.

"Thanks," I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Yeah," Seth says, looking at the ash. "We better make sure these things are dead. I mean, really, really dead."

Aiden nods in agreement, "Makes sense. Destroying the blood organ kills them." He looks at all of us, "You know what to do."

Everyone takes action, grabbing a wooden stake or making one and killing any creature they find.

I move over to one that is lying on a table, it's back to me. I flip the creature over, holding up a stake before stabbing it quickly in the heart. I rip it out, my face straight as it turns to ash.

My eyes watch the ash for a second before I feel eyes on me. I turn my head, finding Kate standing in disbelief as she stares at me. Her hands shake slightly in fear, making let out a sigh. I look at the wooden stake in my hand, debating something over before deciding on one.

I make my way over to Kate, holding out the stake towards her, "Here. You'll need to know how to protect yourself if they come back."

Kate looks at the stake for a minute before taking it in her shaky hand. She holds it in a tight grip before moving over to an unconscious Culebras. She kneels over it, my feet carrying me so I'm standing behind her in case she needs me. Her eyes look at the creature for a second before raising the stake. As she lowers it, she pauses, still unable to stab it.

Suddenly, the Culebra wakes up, a hiss leaving it's lips. Kate shrieks and falls backwards on her butt. I quickly swipe the stake up and stab it into the creature's chest, watching as it turns to ash.

My eyes look at Kate, "It's okay, you'll-" I start only to stop when she quickly stands up. She pushes past me and walks away, making my heart sink slightly.

Once all the creatures are gone, we all find a table to stand by or sit on.

The main attraction was defiantly Santanico, meaning she had to be the ruler of them.

"So who is she? You told me she led you here," Seth asked his brother as he sat at one of the tables.

"She wanted me to set her free... By killing her, I think," Richie said, looking slightly confused. If he doesn't know why we're here then I'm afraid no one will.

Seth scuffs at his brother, "You killing her or her killing us?"

Richie sighs, "I don't know. I could feel her inside my head, and she was pulling me close. And, yeah, I think it was to this place."

Jacob, confused, asked, "What do they want? Knowing that could help us figure a way out of here."

Very true.

"Maybe us being here pissed them off," Kate said, looking at her family.

Richie shook his head, "Doubt it. You seen the signs outside? This entire club is designed to lure people in."

Another true fact. Clearly that cowboy hat guy knew we weren't one of them, meaning that he was in fact welcoming us to dinner. Where we're the meal.

"And keep them here," Scott added.

"Which brings us to the question... what is this place?" I asked, looking around at the giant club. Clearly, by the way everything seemed to fit perfectly with the show, this place had been here for a while.

Or maybe even been made for it.

Aiden studied the art show on the wall. "Well, from the markings on these walls, I'd say this bar was built on top of a temple like the Spanish conquistadors did with Tenochtitlan."

Seth shook his head, rubbing it, "Okay, Indy-with-a-cock-gun, what kind of temple?"

"The kind where people come and make offerings to the vision serpent," Aiden said.

Kate scrunches her fast while her voice sounds scared, "Blood offerings?"

My head looks between Aiden and Seth, "If it's blood that they want... they're gonna want more soon."

Aiden nods and points to me as he faces everyone, "She's right. The glyphs are right here on the walls. Ugh, these ancient pre-Mayan cultures are amazing engineers! This isn't just a bar on a temple. This place is a giant people juicer."

"People juicer? For who?" Kate asked, sounding disgusted at the name.

"If this is a feeding under naturalistic conditions, then their nutritional autonomy might be hierarchical."

Seth lightly glares at Aiden, "English, Professor, please."

Aiden sighs, "What I mean is, there's a pecking order. One group ravages the herd and sends the prime cuts to the next group."

Seeming to understand it perfectly, almost to perfectly, Seth nods, waving his hand. "Hookers feed the pimps, pimps feed the capos, capos feed the bosses. I get it. What I don't get is how do we shut it down?"

"I don't know. I do know who's on the menu, though," Aiden says with a smile.

Scott looked at Aiden like he was stupid, "Seriously, dude? You need a PHD to figure that out?"

"You're one rude little bastard," Aiden said.

Jacob took a couple of steps towards the Professor, "What did you call him?"

Seth stands, looking at Jacob before turning to all of us, "All right. Just relax. Everybody take it easy, okay? Now, look, I get that we're all a ragtag bunch of ramblers here. But my guess is tonight's not gonna have a Scooby-Doo ending. So whatever beefs we got, forget them, or else we're all gonna get juiced. Or worse off, end up like the Cisco kid did earlier."

Aiden seems to remember the Ranger, asking, "Yeah, where is ranger Gonzalez? What happen-"

Seth cuts him off, looking at the ground, "Forget him. Let's just worry about the next wave."

"We need a plan," I said, my fingers picking at the wooden table.

Scott takes a stand so he's on top of a chair, looking at everyone as if he's ruling over us. "That's easy. Grab as many shotguns, knives, and wooden stakes as you can. That way, when those bloodsuckers come back, even if we can't kill them, we will make them wish they were never unborn."

Richie barley gives Scott the benefit of the doubt. "We're gonna need a better plan than that."

"You got one?" Seth asked, looking over at his brother.

Richie's eyes light up as a smile crosses his face. His brain's kicked into gear now, meaning he defiantly has a plan. "Yeah, I do."

Sure enough, Richie's plan is better than Scott's, so much so that even Scott can't argue with him. Though, the look on his face said otherwise.

With Richie's plan in mind, we all got to work. Seth and Richie were over at the bar creating a couple of bombs with some pieces of wood in a glass jar. Kate and Scott gathered weapons, loading them on tables while Jacob and Aiden created stakes for us.

I've already gathered some wood, now I'm just working on making them into points.

My ears pick up on Richie and Seth's conversation, their tones revealing how much they were at each other's throats right now.

"Who'd you really give the money to, Seth?" Richie asked? Seth didn't answer, causing Richie to say, "I can't hear you, brother."

Seth let's out an annoyed sigh and turns to Richie, "Okay, look. Whatever you think that you know about that $4 million-"

"Do you think that I don't know that the money is for Vanessa?" Richie says, looking at his brother who has grown silent. Who's Vanessa? "Do you want to talk about the long con and the master grift? You have to take the prize, Seth. What were you two lovebirds gonna do? Go buy that stupid bar in the Keys that she's always squawking about?"

Oh, they must be together. Of course, why wouldn't he have someone?

"You moron. Do you honestly think that I would be here if I was gonna bail on you? Does that make sense? It was the opposite. I paid her to stay away. She was supposed to cross with us. You remember that?"

"Yeah," Richie nods.

"But, no, she didn't. Why? 'Cause I told her I had to take you to El Rey."

Oh, so not together?

Richie rolls his eyes, "Okay, yeah. Here we go."

Seth lightly hit's his brother, looking somewhere between pissed and annoyed. "Yeah, I gave it up for you. For you. You understand me? I said goodbye to my only chance at any kind of any sane, normal existence. And for what? Hmm? So you could get a seat at the table with these goons. 'Cause let's face it. That's all they really are, right? Just another crew, another version of Bernardo and the Sharks."

Wow, I knew Seth carried about his brother but to give us everything for him? I wish I had family that cared about me like that.

Once again, Richie studies his brother, "The Sharks were Puerto Rican, you idiot."

Seth gestures towards the empty stage, "Was it that piece of ass on stage then?" Silence "Oh. That's it, isn't it? So that's what she taught you to do with your little knife. Back-stab."

"I'm getting real sick of you calling me a traitor," Richie says, just staring at his brother.

Seth stops his bomb making and looks at his brother again, pointing at him. "You know, my entire life, I have felt like I've owed you something because you pulled me out of that fire when we were kids. I'm getting real sick of paying vig on that."

Fire? Jesus this guy gets more and more interesting.

Richie glared at his brother, "So what are you gonna do about it?"

"As soon as we're out of here, you and me, we're done," Seth says, grabbing a stake off the bar counter and walking away.

The look on Richie's face proved that Seth wasn't one to joke about things like that. Making me wonder if I'd just witnessed the end of the Gecko brothers.

I had a lot of questions but did my best to push them aside.

We tipped over, stacked, and lined up tables and the pool table in front of us. A table sits a little ways in front of us, holding tones of pieces of wood on it. Under the wood, the make-shift bomb Seth and Richie made.

When the sound of doors opening came to our ears, we all lined up behind the safety wall, keeping an eye out. A female Culebra walked out with a smirk on her face, looking hungry. Another Culebra walked out as well, this one coming from the stage. It was a large man, only this one holding spikes coming every which way from his body.

That could be a problem.

"Six against two. I like those odds," Seth said with a nod next to me.

Three more Culebras stood up from laying on the ground, making me glare over at Seth. "You just had to say something, didn't you?"

Richie spoke up next to Seth, gesturing to two of the Culebras that had just stood up, "Wait a second. I know that lugnut and his biker chick. They weren't Culebras before."

"Neither was that perv, either," Scott said, nodding to the third one.

Aiden, who stood on the end, said, "Yeah, well, they are now." He pauses for a second, slowly walking out into the open. "Right. It's time to ring the dinner bell. Culebras, come out to play!"

Seth, Richie, Aiden, and I start shooting the creatures, it slowing them down a little, but not enough. Instead, it only seemed to make them angrier.

"They're still coming!" Kate shrieked out, looking around scared.

We continued shooting, hoping to hit the right spot on them, but not seeming to reach it. Suddenly, Seth's gunshots stopped next to me, "I'm out."

Richie cursed next to Seth, "Shit, me too."

I looked over to Aiden who was throwing his gun to the side before rushing back behind the safety wall. Assuming that meant that he was out, I quickly checked mine. One bullet left.

Readying the shotgun made everyone look over at me.

"Everybody down," Seth ordered Aiden, Kate, and Jacob.

"This better work," I said, standing up to aim my gun.

"It'll work. Just don't miss," Richie said in a cocky attitude. My response came out with a breath as I aimed my gun, "I don't." I pushed the trigger, the bullet flying through the air before hitting the char.

I felt Seth's hand grip my arm, yanking me down as the bomb exploded, tossing pieces of wood everywhere. Once the wood has stopped flying, I peek out to see only two are dead while the rest are still struggling to get up.

So much for all of them dying like I had hopped.

Scott suddenly stands, jumping over the pool table and rushing over to one of the creatures. "Scott!" Kate and I yelled, trying to reach for him over the safety wall.

Quickly, Jacob and Kate rush around one side of the wall while I race around the other. Jacob and Kate get stopped by one Culebras while Seth and Richie fight the bid one.

For only a second, panic rushes through my body, only to leave me when I see Scott loose his machete.

I spring into action, rushing over to Scott to help. Swiping up a stake, I go to stab the Culebra only for her to notice when Scott's eyes move to mine. She turns, grabbing my arm to stop me. She turns her attention from Scott fully to me as she stands. She uses her other hand to grab my neck, squeezing it as she lets my arm go.

Before I can react, she smirks and throws me across the room. My body collides with the shelves of alcohol behind the bar. The glass bottles brake as I fall onto the ground, pieces of glass falling around me.

The second my body hit the floor, my mind went numb and my eyes closed.

I've never been knocked unconscious before. But from what I hear it's sometimes like no time has passed. Like as soon as your eyes close, their opening, only the scene around you is different.

That was true.

As soon as my eyes had closed, they were lightly opening to the sound of Seth's voice.

"Katherine. Kat. Wake up," he says, his hand on my back. A groan leaves my lips as my eyes open and my hands push me up a little. Seth helps me up as he says, "Come on, Sleeping Beauty. No time to sleep."

Once I'm up and steady, I look around me to see that everything has stopped. All the creatures are dead, Richie is wiping off his knife, Kate and Jacob our hugging each other, and Scott is long gone somewhere.

Suddenly, Santanico jumps out of nowhere, landing in front of Richie who quickly points his knife at her.

"You can't leave, Richard. Not yet. You belong here. Somewhere inside, close to the bone. You know it, too," Santanico says as she takes a step towards Richie.

Richie shakes his head, "No, you don't know me."

Seth and I move around the bar, slowly making our way over to Richie and Santanico as she talks. "That's not true." Her eyes moved to Seth, "I know you better than your brother does."

Glancing over at his brother, Seth asked, "You tell me, brother. Does she?"

Though I felt like I should take a step back from the Gecko duo, I still found myself stuck behind Seth. He didn't try to push me back or even comment why I was still behind him. He just, let me be there.

Santanico focused back on Richie, "I'm in your soul, Richard. But I don't blame you for being suspicious. I asked you to trust me. I didn't tell you what was coming. I wanted to show you who I was on my own terms. The world is much more complicated than you know."

Not wanting to hear any more of this crap, Seth moves next to Richie. Somehow, I managed to stop my feet from follow, getting a good enough view of everything from where I stood.

"Richie, look at me. Don't listen to this. Don't listen to this."

Santanico kept Richie's attention, "I taught you how to see, but that was only the beginning."

"Don't listen to this," Seth tried to tempt his brother back to him, only to continue to lose the battle.

"I don't want to hurt you. I need you. And you need me, too," Santanico said, shaking her head as she took another step towards Richie.

There was a small pause before Richie said, "You have to let these people go."

Oh, great.

Santanico closes her eyes, causing panic to fill Seth and quickly shake his brother lightly, "Richie, stop!" He takes a step towards her, not listening to Seth's words. I watched as Seth looks towards a stake that's sitting on the table next to him. In seconds, Santanico's eyes are opened and she's looking at Seth. Predicting his moves, she changes back into the vampire-snake like creature.

My eyes look over to my left, seeing Ranger Gonzalez with a gun pointed at Richie.

"Look out!" I yell, but it's too late, Ranger Gonzalez has already shot his gun. The bullet pierces Richie's stomach, leaving through his back.

Santanico hisses at Seth before pushing him backwards. The force is so strong that he flies through the air and into Ranger Gonzalez. When I look back, I see Richie fall to the ground, causing Santanico to grab his hand and pull him backwards. In seconds their through a door, causing bars to lower again, trapping us.

"Richie! Richie!" Seth yells out to his brother.

I hope your enjoying the book so far. I've decided to do all three season's in this book. Because there will be some time jumps, at the end of the seasons I'll let you know roughly how much time has passed. I may or may not add some extra scenes, depending on if I have enough ideas.

Let me know what you want to see!

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.3K 20
"Yeah I know you'll always stay."
37.2K 1.7K 28
"I'll be with you from dusk till dawn."
70.1K 1.3K 66
"ILL BE SUMMER SUN FOR YOU FOREVER." stranger things s1-4 season 1: completed season 2: completed season 3: completed season 4: completed steve harr...
18.1K 442 46
"There's a fire inside all of us, just some more than others." IN WHICH a redhead ends up getting caught up in a robbery at a liquor store. OR IN...