A Wait for Dawn

By rupakukku

Five years later he was back to his family, to his love dreaming for a happy future ahead with them. But is i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Photos
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Pictures
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 A
Chapter 13 B
Chapter 13 C
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - INTERLUDE
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Aftermath 1
Chapter 19 - Aftermath 2
Epilogue

Chapter 6

34.5K 1.1K 229
By rupakukku

Arnav stood in front of AR Designs. His first baby. After five years he was back to the place where he started everything. His parent company. As soon as Arnav stepped inside the office, silence spread and all the staff stood up. Aman came running to him.

Few employees greeted him but he without acknowledging anything went to his cabin making all the employees realise that now the lion is back, they better pull their horses and get ready for the race. No mercy would be shown. Five years of bliss is finally over.

Entering inside his cabin, Arnav stood for a moment letting the feelings of coming back sink in. Then quickly got engrossed in his work. By the time, it was lunch, the whole office were working as if there was some sort of dagger kept on their necks. A few employees even had the opportunity to kiss their jobs goodbye forever. Aman felt as if he was standing on fire. Everyone saw him running around doing all sort of work.

Finally it was lunch break and every employee sighed in relief. Few minutes of relaxation. Arnav asked peon to get his and Aman's lunch to his cabin. He called Aman to have lunch with him so that both the friends could talk and also discuss some business matters. Aman readily agreed.

Few minutes later, Aman along with peon carrying food entered inside. After serving the food, peon left. Arnav and Aman started having food. Tasting the food, Arnav frowned.

"What the." Arnav asked frowning.

"What happened, ASR?" Aman asked confused.

"From where did you get this food? It doesn't taste like Khushi's food, neither it has any similarity with Khushi's food." Arnav asked confused.

"It's because it's not Khushi Bhabhi's food." Aman said understanding the matter.

"What? But why? Why are we having this food? Earlier we used to have her Dabba service food here, right. Then why are we having this food, now. I know Khushi runs a catering service now. But they also have dabba service right. Then why are we not getting food from there. Or Did she stopped Dabba service?" Arnav asked confused. In the morning Khushi had told him about catering service. He doesn't remember whether she told about Dabba service or not.

Aman sighed hearing his questions. He himself couldn't understand half of the things happening in this office. But he decided to say everything to ASR and come clear. Only ASR could do anything regarding all these.

"ASR, Khushi Bhabhi does have a dabba service even now. Truth to be told almost all the big small companies in this city gets food from her dabba service only. They have the most tastiest food. Even we used to get food from them only. But I don't know what happened. All of a sudden three years back, Akash took decision that we will have a canteen in our company itself and all the employees would eat from there only. I asked him about it. He told me that it's better if we provide food for employees ourselves so that we can cost from Batta that we give employees everyday for food. From then on we get food from canteen. We appointed few chefs and also increased the canteen area for food. But truth to be told the food that we get from canteen is so bad. Most of the time, there is complaints from employees but then nobody voice it out in fear of losing their jobs. I even told Akash about it few times but he just brushed the topic away." Aman said.

Arnav was lost in his thoughts. What's happening? Why Akash took such a decision. Agreed he did it to cut cost. But why this method. Anyways, employees were getting food from Khushi's dabba service only. The food and the money both are from our side only. We were not having any loss. At the end the money was going to our family only then why did he took such a step. He was not getting anything.

Arnav came out of this hearing Aman calling him. Aman asked him to have food. Nodding his head, Arnav started having food. Then his thoughts went to other things. He remembered what he noticed in Khushi's showroom in the morning. He decided to ask Aman about it.

"Aman, today morning, I went to Khushi's showroom. There I saw that they have all the collection of every brand even our rival's but only AR brands were missing. Why is it so? Why we are not supplying our designs to her showroom. As far as I could see Khushi's showroom is one of the biggest textile showroom in the city. Even though it was early morning I went there, still there were customers. So it's obvious, they have good sales. Then why are we not supplying our designs there. Every other designs are there, only ours was missing. I mean it's Khushi's showroom, and she is my wife. In her showroom every brand is present only our brand is absent. It's so confusing. Why so?" Arnav asked thinking. What's going on. Why everything seems so strange.

Aman looked at Arnav not knowing what to tell him. Arnav doesn't even know even half of the matter, then also he is reacting like this. What will happen if he knows everything? But it's necessary for him to know everything.

"ASR, you have food after that we will discuss all these. There are lot of things. Many things even I couldn't understand much. It's all so confusing. You finish your food then I will tell you everything in detail." Aman said.

Arnav frowned hearing all that. Nevertheless he agreed and started having his food. He had to reach the end of the mystery. Everything seems so confusing. Something is definitely wrong. He has to find out.

After having food and taking his medicines, Arnav sat on his chair waiting for Aman to tell him everything. Aman sat in front of him lost in his thoughts.

"ASR, I don't know what to say? There are lot of things. It all seems confusing. Even I don't know what the full matter is. I will tell you whatever I know." Aman slowly started.

Arnav nodded his head asking him to go ahead.

"ASR, after you went to New York, Akash started taking care of everything. Initially everything was good. He used to come everyday on time, work, maintain everything nicely. The work was also going good. Then after few months, Khushi Bhabhi started her boutique - Ocean of Happiness. She used to design clothes and sell them. Only her designs used to be there.

"At that time, I suggested Akash that maybe we should help Khushi Bhabhi and should supply some of our designs to her boutique so that she could get good customers and could make a foundation. But Akash denied me. He told that it's better if Khushi Bhabhi sell her own designs so that she could make a foundation on her own merits. I thought that it's better. Knowing how much Bhabhi values her self respect, I thought maybe that's what she wants. But Then at that time Bhabhi used to sell only her brand. So it wasn't a big thing.

"Soon Ocean of Happiness collections became talk of the city. Their ethnic collections were superb. Specially wedding collections. It was as if, if you want wedding collections, go to Ocean of Happiness. They had amazing collections of wedding dresses. Every style, every type, from lehengas to sarees, even gown. Wedding collection became their speciality. I was in Mumbai during that time for our branch there. I came to know about all these through my sources.

"Before three years, when I came back. I came to know that Bhabhi is planning to renovate her boutique. After five months, Bhabhi opened one of the biggest textile showroom in Delhi. By then Ocean of Happiness had become the brand of wedding collections and ethnic wears in Delhi. Truth to be told, if Bhabhi would have started a few more showrooms like that, all the big fashion houses would be running for their money. She was that much amazkng." Aman said smiling. Arnav was also smiling hearing about his wife's achievements.

Then Aman's facial expression changed. "On the contrary our market was going down. And Akash was least bothered about that. I don't know if I have the right to say this ASR, but Akash became inattentive towards work." Aman said slowly and hesitantly.

"Aman, you know you can tell me anything. Even about Akash. If you feel Akash's wrong, you can directly tell him or you can tell me. You know you have that right. Akash is my brother. But when he is wrong, he is wrong. You are like my brother. When You can correct me when I am wrong. You can also correct Akash when he is wrong. So don't hesitate from next time." Arnav encouraged him.

Aman smiled at him and nodded.
"So what happened was When I came back from Mumbai three years back after solving the Mumbai branch problem, I saw that our Delhi branch was facing huge crisis. Akash would be absent from office most of the days. Even if he comes, he would spend only few minutes and then leave. We started loosing deals, our shares were dropping. It was all a mess. I didn't know what to do. Then somehow I talked with the inverters and we got few new deals and things started stabilising.

"It was then Khushi Bhabhi renovated her boutique and started her textile showroom. She started selling other brands also. I talked to Akash regarding supplying our brands also in Ocean of Happiness. They had good market it would have helped us in regaining the market, we were loosing in Delhi.

"But Akash was completely against it. He strictly denied me of the idea. I tried to convince him but I don't know why but he was adamant. It was then I had to go to Jaipur for the contract of our new company. It took me two months to come back. At that time, even Akash used to come to office regularly. He was working and were making decisions but somehow he was handling things.

"It was at that time Akash started that canteen in our office. But then he was working quiet good. So I thought, he would be able to manage alone for a few months. So I went to Jaipur. But it ended in a disaster. At the time of my absence, everything got toppled in." Aman said sighing.

Arnav frowned hearing that. All these were not giving him good vibes. "What happened like that?" He asked confused.

"Now what will I tell you ASR. I don't understand what were they trying to do by doing all that. After I went to Jaipur, Anjaliji and your Mamiji started a new AR showroom. Do you know where?" Aman asked.

Arnav asked frowning, "Where?"

"Right in front of Ocean of Happiness's showroom." Aman said.

"What the." Arnav looked at him shocked.

"Yeah. I don't understand what they were trying to do by doing all that. Not only that they were selling clothes much lesser than our market price and were giving so much discount that you couldn't believe. Can you imagine ASR, they were selling 50,000 rupees Saree in just 5000 rupees. We had so much loss what do I tell you. Above all that the designs. They copied the exact Ocean of Happiness design and by changing colour and all were selling it with AR brand.

"You can't even imagine what was our condition at that time. It was as if we were coping the collections. Whatever new collection Ocean of Happiness brand brought in the market, the same design will be in our showroom in few months. Because of this, we lost our credibility in the market. All started thinking that we just copy designs. We started loosing market, customers. Even inverters started backing out. It was all a mess. Moreover due to this competition, AR showroom that Anjaliji and Mamiji started also started suffering making huge losses for us.

"Ocean of Happiness had good customers from years and when we started showroom to compete with them, we faced loses. Khushi Bhabhi never said or did anything. She just did her work not bothering about anything. But Anjaliji and Mamiji started doing all the cheap tricks to get customers. But it ended in huge disaster. The foundation that Khushi Bhabhi made with all those years of hard work helped her but it ended in AR's loss. The showroom that Anjaliji and Mamiji started was shut down after few months due to losses.

"I again asked Akash to make a tie up with Ocean of Happiness but he didn't agree. Moreover he took it as a prestige issue. He started making the same design clothes of Ocean of Happiness for our fashion shows as well. Our fashion shows also started becoming huge disaster. According to Akash, we are a multinational company, whatever we showcase will become our brand. Ocean of Happiness collections will have AR tag once we showcase it. I don't know what he was thinking. But at the end we ended in huge losses. We lost so many deals, so many investors, our Delhi branch was almost on the verge of shutting down.

"I tried to make Akash understand but he started becoming frustrated whenever I tried to say something and he would start shouting. But after few days, he stopped coming to office. At the time, somehow I managed to conduct a few fashion shows which helped us and once again we started coming up. But still whenever Akash comes to office, he insist that we copy Ocean of Happiness collections. I don't know why they are doing all these. It was as if they didn't care if our company comes down or face losses, they have to somehow defeat Ocean of Happiness. It's all so confusing ASR. I can't understand what they want." Aman said sighing.

Arnav sat numb hearing everything. What's happening. Why his family is behaving like this. He couldn't understand.

"Why you didn't tell me all these earlier, Aman? The company was facing huge losses in Delhi, in our parent company and I was in New York trying to expand business. You could have told me, right?" Arnav asked Aman.

"ASR, I wanted to tell you but Akash told me that we shouldn't bother as you were far away. We should handle all this on our own. Anyways most of the time Akash gave you updates regarding the work here. So I couldn't interfere. Many times, I wanted to tell but then I didn't know what to tell. If it was about someone else, I would have told you. But it was your own family. How can I say something against them. So... I am sorry, ASR." Aman said apologetically.

"To hell with your sorry, Aman. Even if it was about my family, you could have told me. Didn't you know how much I trusted you? I would have believed you nevertheless. But you... You didn't tell me anything. So much happened and you didn't even once tried to tell me, Aman. I didn't expect this from you." Arnav said disappointed.

"Sorry, ASR." Aman said with bowed head feeling guilty.

"Hmm. Now we have to start from the scratch. In the morning, I was happy for Khushi's achievements. Now see what happened, my own company is in doom. How are we going to fix all these, Aman. It take years to make a place in business world, to gain people's trust, but it takes only minutes to loose that trust. Above that rebuilding it, I don't know how we are going to do all these." Arnav said feeling tired all of a sudden.

"It's OK, ASR. You are ASR. You can do anything. We all are with you. Even Khushi Bhabhi. We will start from scratch if we have to do it. But trust me ASR, it won't be that difficult. Maybe people might have lost trust in AR Designs but they have not lost trust in ASR. Everyone knows once ASR tries, everything will come back to its original heights. We all trust you ASR." Aman said with proud.

"Thank Aman." Arnav said with a smile. Aman smiled at his boss. He felt as if the lion has returned to the jungle and now everything will fall in place. For Aman, only ASR is his boss and it will always be that. For Aman, AR means ASR. If ASR is there, nobody could do anything to AR.

Aman know now AR will be back to its top place in no time maybe this time with Ocean of Happiness by its side not in front of it. He smiled at the thought.

Same day, Evening, Ocean of Happiness

Khushi was working in her cabin when suddenly the door opened and a tired looking Arnav entered. She looked up at him and smiled.

"How was your first day at work. Well after coming back." Khushi asked smiling.

"Hectic."

"You look tired."

"Hmm Exhausted." Arnav hummed sitting down and keeping his head on the table.

"Do you need coffee?" Khushi asked.

"Yeah."

Seeing her taking intercom to call, he said, "Can you make it? If you don't mind."

She looked at him and smiled. "Sure."

"Hmm. Where is the kids?" Arnav asked looking around.

"They are in the penthouse. In the top floor. Why don't you go there and take some rest. I will wind up in five minutes and come. Then I will make your coffee also." Khushi said smiling softly.

"Hmm OK." Getting up he went to the lift. Reaching the top floor, he saw a beautiful, classy penthouse which he didn't see in the morning. Entering inside, he was greeted with the most pleasant scene that would want to come back home till the end of his life. His kids playing happily. He felt all his tiredness evaporating.

"Good evening, Bachchas." He greeted them smiling.

Seeing him, they came running and hugged his legs. "Good evening, Dada." They sang together.

"So what my Babies are doing?" Arnav asked kneeling in front of them.

"We are playing, Dada." Arush said grinning.

"You also come Dada. We will play together." Arshi said cutely.

"OK." Arnav agreed. Taking Arshi in his arms, he went to play with them.

That was the scene that greeted Khushi when she entered the penthouse after 5 minutes. She raised her eyebrows seeing that. But didn't disturb the father-kids gang and stood at the entrance admiring the sweet scene.

Few minutes later, she entered inside and said teasingly, "I thought someone told me that he is exhausted."

"Yeah. But I am never tired to play with my Babies. Right Babies?" Arnav asked.

"Yes Dada." The three little ones choruses.

Smiling at them, Khushi walked inside the kitchen to make coffee and snacks. Arnav and kids continued playing. Few minutes later, Khushi came out carrying the beverages.

"Now enough of playing, come and have these." She said keeping the tray on the table.

Arnav and kids immediately came and sat on the sofa. Khushi handed Arnav his black coffee and kids their chocolate milkshake. Taking her tea, she slowly started sipping.

"Mumma, Jalebis!!! for us?" Arshi asked jumping up and down in her seat.

Taking the plate of jalebis, she gave to the kids. "Yeah. Here, have."

"Thank you, Mumma." All three said happily munching the jalebis.

Arnav smiled seeing their cute antics. Khushi offered him the other plate of sugar free jalebis and herself started having her plate of jalebis. Arnav was happily admiring his family.

After having them, Khushi went to her cabin to finish her work. Arnav and kids took a small nap in the bedroom.

Three hours later, Arnav got up and saw kids not beside him. He came out of the bedroom and started looking around. It was then he saw the penthouse more clearly. It looked more like a house. He saw toys and games in different rooms. Walking around, he saw a lot of pictures of Khushi and kids. There were lot of pics of kids from their baby photos till now.

It was then he realised that he didn't see even a single photo of kids in Shantivan. Even Arav's pics were there. But not his babies's pics. Why so. One more thing adding to his confusion list. He sighed. His own life looks like a mystery to him right now.

He then heard sound coming from one room. He went there and saw that it was a study room. His babies were studying attentively.

"What my Babies are doing?" Arnav asked walking inside.

"We are doing homework, Dada." Arsh said still looking at his book.

"Oh." Arnav said as if understanding. He was loving it seeing his little babies so engrossed in studying seriously. They looked as if they were studying in some big classes looking all serious doing their work.

Arnav came and sat on the empty chair beside Arush and ruffled his hair. "Dada!" Arush whined setting his hair and then went back looking at his book. Arnav chuckled seeing that.

He then felt a pull on his sleeves. Looking sideways, he saw Arshi gesturing him to come close. He came closer smiling.

"What?" He whispered. He was loving this secret talk game with his baby girl. She looked so cute looked around checking whether anybody's hearing or not. Seeing her brothers engrossed in studying, she came closer and started talking to his whispering as if she is sharing a big secret. Arnav felt like chuckling seeing his cute baby. Aww, she is amazing. He felt like gobbling her up. Then schooling his emotions, he made a serious face and came near her ready to hear her big secret.

"Dada, Don't ruffle Ayu's hair. He is very pose... posses.." She pouted not being able to say the word.

Arnav almost laughed at her cuteness. "Possessive." He helped her.

That brought a wide smile on her face. "Yeah, possessive about his hair. So don't ruffle it. He would start making faces and then would stand of the mirror settling his hair for hours." She said whispering sharing the big secret about her brother with her Dada.

"Oh. OK. OK. I won't ruffle his hair. We don't want him standing in front of mirror for hours, right. Hmm." Arnav said nodding his head.

"Yeah." Arshi nodded her head cutely smiling.

Arnav winked at her smiling. She tried to copy him but instead closed her both eyes. Aw his baby girl. He mentally awed at her.

"Ashi." Arsh's call broke their small secret talk. Arshi looked at him.

"Ashi, did you finish your homework. Mumma will come now." Arsh said and then once again started completing his homework.

"Oh no. I didn't finish." Arshi said dramatically slapping her forehead and again started writing her homework. Arnav chuckled at his daughter's dramatic avatar. Khushi was right. She has gone completely on her. A totally little sankadevi.

Arnav started looking around. He saw their books kept on the table. He took one book and started going through it. He frowned seeing the syllabus. Isn't a bit too hard for his babies. After going through the book, he looked at the cover.

He frowned seeing that. "Textbook of Mathematics, class 3." His babies are just four and a half years, then why are they having third standard books. Shouldn't they be in first standard. Frowning he looked at the other books. All were third standard books only.

"What the" Arnav was looking at all books. Hearing him kids looked up.

"What happened, Dada." Arsh asked seeing his father checking their books with a frown.

"Why are you guys studying this third standard books. You guys were supposed to be in first standard right." Arnav asked confused.

The kids looked at each other and then started grinning.

"What?" Arnav asked seeing their smile.

"We were supposed to be in first standard but then our teacher said that we were good at studies so we skipped a couple of classes. Mumma first admitted us in LKG (Lower Kindergarten) when we were two and a half years. After that the teacher said that we can directly go to school. So when were three and a half years, we were admitted in first standard. But after that our school principal took our IQ test and then she gave us tests for first standard and second standard together which we passed. So she directly put us in third standard. That's why we are studying third standard books now." They said grinning.

"But how did you guys learned second standard syllabus." Arnav asked confused.

"From this." They said pointing at a set of old books kept on the shelf.

"What's that?"

"Arav Bhayya's old books. Vo Arav Bhayya failed in second standard no. At that time..."

Cutting them, Arnav asked shocked, "Arav failed in second standard."

"Yeah, Arav Bhayya failed in second standard. So when he went to repeat second year, he said that he wanted new books. So Bui bought him new books and asked HP uncle to throw away the old books. HP was going to throw it away but then we asked him to give us that and he gave. So when we used to have free time, we used to read and solve questions of that book. Thus we learned everything. Mumma and our teacher also helped us. So we learned everything quickly and we directly got into third standard." They said smiling.

"But now Arav Bhayya is in our class so we can't get his old books. Mumma also said that we skipped two classes already, so now we should study this syllabus itself otherwise it will be too hectic for us. So now we are in third standard." Arsh said sighing.

"Arav is in your class now." Arnav asked.

"Yeah. Last year also Arav Bhayya failed in third standard. Actually Arav Bhayya failed in third standard twice. So now he is in our class." Arush said sadly.

But Arnav frowned hearing that. He thought Arav was good at studies but now kids are saying that he failed regularly. Who fails in second and third standard that too twice. Anyways never mind. Why is he getting worried for that boy unnecessarily when his mother itself is not bothered. These mother-son duo are good at nothing except irritating him and causing trouble.

The kids once again started studying. And Arnav was thinking about the things that happened in the whole day. Few minutes later, he looked at his kids and saw them still engrossed in studying.

"Why are you guys in such a hurry to finish this?" Arnav asked seeing them writing everything fast.

"Vo Mumma will come in some minutes. Before that we have to finish this so that we can clear the doubts and complete rest of the work also." Arush said still writing.

"OK. Relax. Tell me. I will clear it for you guys." Arnav said smiling.

"You will teach us Dada." Arshi asked with a smile. Arsh and Arush also looked at him smiling.

"Yeah, why not. Tell me what doubts you guys have. I will teach you." Arnav said.

"OK." said all three together. Then they started completing their homework with Arnav teaching them.

Few minutes later, Khushi came in and sat kids packing their bags after finishing homework.

"Did you guys finished homework?" Khushi asked confused.

"Yeah." All three nodded their head.

"Didn't you guys had any doubts?" She asked frowning.

"Dada taught us." Arshi said smiling cutely and other two also nodded their heads.

Khushi raised her eyebrows hearing that.
"You taught them." She asked with an amused smile.

"Yeah. No big deal." Arnav said shrugging.

"OK. Fine. Come let's have dinner." Khushi said and walked to the kitchen to take plates to serve dinner.

Kids also came to dining hall pulling Arnav with them. All of them settled on the dining table and started having their food.

After having food, all five took their things and went home. It was almost eight thirty when reached home. Entering inside, they saw the whole family sitting in the living room.

As soon as they entered, Anjali jumped up from her place and came running to Arnav.

"Chote, where were you? Do you know how worried we were? Where did you go? Do you know how many times I called you? Why were you not picking up my calls? I even called Aman but he said that you left office in the evening itself. Where were you all this time? Say something, Chote." Anjali asked Arnav almost crying.

Arnav saw Khushi rolling her eyes from the corner of his eyes and then shaking her head went upstairs taking kids. Even he felt like rolling his eyes. Seriously, his sister can be a real drama queen sometimes. He closed his eyes feeling frustrated seeing her crying. God why him.

"Di, will you stop crying. I am not a kid, Di. Yesterday when I asked you for Khushi's whereabouts, at that time you were saying that Khushi is not a kid, she can come back on her own and all. Then why are you reacting like this now. When Khushi and kids can come back on their own, then why can't I? For God's sake, I am a grown up 32 years old guy. I am not a kid, Di." Arnav said slightly irritated.

"But Chote, where did you go? Even your phone was switched off?" Anjali asked still crying.

"Di, I didn't go anywhere. I went to Khushi's office after completing my work. I was there with Khushi and kids only. And regarding my phone, it's battery finished, so it got switched off." Arnav said highly irritated.

"Why? Why did you go there?" Anjali asked twisting her mouth.

Arnav looked at her weird behaviour suspiciously. "Why? Why can't I go there? They are my wife and kids. I just went to meet them. What's the big deal in it?" He asked her with scrutinizing gaze.

Anjali squirmed in her place seeing his gaze. Then putting a wide smile on her face, said, "OK, Chote leave all that. Come let's have dinner. I have made your favourite aloo puri. Come. Come. We all were waiting for you only. Arav was telling me about his school, you must hear all that. Come. Come."

Arnav looked at his sister astonished. How easily she changed. Few minutes back she was crying her heart out, and now smiling widely. Does she have multiple personality disorder or something.

Seeing him lost in thoughts, Anjali tugged his hand. "Chote, where are you lost? Come let's have dinner?"

"No Di. You guys go and have dinner, I already had my dinner with Khushi and kids." Arnav said giving a small smile.

"But Chote..." Anjali tried to say something.

But cutting her, Arnav said, "It's OK Di. You guys go and have food. I am fine."

Saying that he was about to go upstairs, when he remembered something. He came back. He came and stood in front of Sheetal. Seeing that, Sheetal gave him a wide smile. Seems like he's going to apologise to me for shouting at me in the morning. [In your dreams chudail kahiki👹👹😡😡]

"Sheetal, where were you the whole day? Why didn't you come to office?" Arnav asked frowning.

Hearing that Sheetal's smile dropped.
"Vo... I was tired from the long journey and I was not feeling well. So...." She stammered.

Arnav raised his eyebrows hearing that. "You were not feeling tired in the morning when you asked me to take you and your son with me. That time you were perfectly fine to go to office." Arnav asked grittinghis teeth.

"Leave it na, Chote. She came back yesterday only. So me and Mami only took her along with Arav for some shopping." Anjali said Smiling.

"What the." He looked at his sister shocked. But then his anger raised. Gritting his teeth, he angrily shouted at Sheetal, "What the hell, Sheetal. How dare you? You are shopping with your son after bunking office. Is this for what I am paying you. Listen to me carefully M&s Sheetal Kapoor, if you want your job, you better start coming to office regularly and start doing your work. Otherwise you can kiss you job goodbye and permanently sit at home or go for shopping with your son. Got it."

"But Chote, I already told you no, I only took her and Arav for shopping. Why are you shouting at Sheetal like this?" Anjali asked not liking the way Arnav talked with Sheetal.

"Then Di, I also told you to stop giving them these unnecessary importance. If I remember correctly yesterday only I asked you to keep distance from them and start treating them as guests. But no, you wouldn't hear any of my words. It's always your decisions and each and everyone should follow it. Why? Why can't you listen to me just once? I know you're elder to me. But why don't you understand that whatever I do or tell you to do, is for you own good. I am not your enemy, Di. Why can't you understand this small thing? OK. Leave that. Tell me why are you giving them so much importance. Who are they to you? Khushi brought them home for few days because they didn't have a place to stay. Fine. They should have stayed for few days and then left but that didn't happen as Sheetal came with me to New York and Arav had to stay here. Fine. But what are you doing now, Di. Instead of helping them to find a place and move out, you are pampering them and trying to keep them here itself. Why? Why are you doing all these? Agreed that they are guests, but how many guests do you treat like this? Take them to shopping, making only their favourite food, all these and for how long are you planning to keep these so called guests of yours here?"

"But Chote, Sheetalji is your friend." Anjali said trying to convince him.

"Di, I already told you she is not my friend. Not anymore. She is just an employee of AR right now. And how many employees of AR do you take for shopping. How many employee's kids do you pamper and buy gifts for." Arnav asked angrily. "That too ignoring the kids of your own family." He muttered under his breath.

"Chote, I..." Anjali stammered not knowing what to say.

"Enough, Di. I had enough. You better stop doing these nonsense otherwise I won't be responsible for the consequences." Arnav said frustrated. Why can't his Di use her brain and see what damage she is doing.

He closed his eyes tired. Everything around him is mess. What the hell was happening here in his absence. From Khushi to his Di, everyone seems to carry a lot of secrets and mysteries He just couldn't understand what is happening.

His eyes then went to Akash standing at a corner silently. He remembered what Aman told him in the office. His brother looked as a zombie to him. He couldn't even recognise him.

He turned to Akash and asked in a much calmer voice than what he used for Sheetal, "And you, Akash. Where were you the whole day? You didn't show up in office. I even asked your PA. But he said he didn't know. Where were you?" Arnav asked casually controlling his anger and frustration. He didn't show as if he knew anything. He wanted to know what Akash would reply.

Akash stood shocked at the sudden questions thrown at him. He looked around at everyone. All looked each other but didn't say anything.

"Bhai, vo... I.... I had to take Payal to hospital, so...." Akash said stammering looking down.

Arnav frowned hearing that. He turned to Payal. "What happened to Payal? Are you alright, Payal?" He asked her. She definitely looked more pale and weak than the previous day. Was he telling truth?

Payal nodded her head in answer.

"Yeah, Bhai. She's alright. Just routine check up only." Akash answered on behalf of Payal. Arnav nodded his head. He walked to his room lost in thoughts. What's wrong with these two? Both are acting strange.

Entering his room, he saw Khushi arranging everything in the room. Arsh and Arush playing in the room. He heard the sound of running water. Guess Arshi is bathing.

"Khushi, Do you know Payal was unwell. So Akash had to take her to hospital." Arnav said sitting on the recliner removing his shoes.

"Hmm." Khushi hummed still doing her work.

Arnav looked at her confused seeing her weird behaviour. Why didn't she react to what he said. Didn't she hear what he said.

"Khushi, I said Payal was unwell and Akash took her to hospital." Arnav repeated.

"I heard Arnavji." Khushi said keeping the things on place.

"Won't you ask how Payal is? You didn't even talked to her." Arnav asked confused.

"She's not a kid, Arnavji. She is big married woman. She had her husband and in laws to take care of her." Saying that Khushi walked inside the walk in closet leaving a shocked Arnav behind.

Arnav gaped at her hearing her answer. What happened to her? He was saying that her sister is unwell. The same sister for whom she was ready to sacrifice herself. But she didn't give any reaction. Moreover she said that Payal has her husband and in laws to take care of her. What does she mean by that?

Arnav sat their shocked trying to understand the things happening around him. His confusions are increasing minute by minute and there is no end for this mysteries.

Guys this is the longest update ever. I guess a few more mysteries are added. Guys next update will take time. So till then read and enjoy.

And and and vote and comment.
Give lots of votes and comments.

So this time I want um OK 125 votes and 60 comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...
182K 8.6K 20
Ipkknd is the only story, i believe,which can be re written in many ways. The story of a screwed businessman and a lovely charming girl who are diffe...
40.5K 3K 18
A short story about my beloved Arshi.. Little intense.. Nafrat Paas Ane na de..Mohabbat dur Jana na de..
49.6K 2.4K 6
A girl who is blissfully living her life with her husband meets her past which was hidden from her. What will be her reaction and what changes that p...