The Gaming Shinobi, š˜Æš˜¢š˜³š˜¶ļæ½...

By HaiToSenpai

ā” HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN into the deep depths of amnesia? Have you ever been both physically and mentally stuck... More

Description
Epigraph
Playlist
Chapter 1: Welcome to Naruto
Chapter 2: Ninja Academy!
Chapter 3: Expelled?
Chapter 4: Orange Mask
Chapter 6: Teams?
Chapter 7: Team Plan
Chapter 8: Team Four
Chapter 9: Training
Chapter 10: C Rank
Chapter 11: B Rank
Discontinued...
Well
Question
Clansie boi
On hold
š—±š—¶š—³š—³š—²š—暝—²š—»š˜ š—®š—°š—°š—¼š˜‚š—»š˜
Tagged ig ?

Chapter 5: Genin Exams

9.4K 284 167
By HaiToSenpai

Yomei looked around the classroom, his head propped on his closed fist and his beady black eyes glaring holes into Mizuki's head. The white haired Chunin was calling out names from the role, prepping them for their 'genin exam' with an overly exaggerated smile and partially dead eyes.

Yomei rolled the piece of twig between his teeth, savouring the faint taste of dango left behind. He had found one of the most amazing dango places in Konoha while he was walking around with Naruto the other day. He swore that it was the infamous tea place that Itachi came to eat at but decided he was going to claim it anyway. Naruto has his Ichiraku and he has his dango.

He straightened up slightly when he heard Mizukis mediocre drawl calling out his name. "Yomei, please proceed to the examining room down the hall to the right. Good luck on your exam!" He called out with fake hype. Yomei shook his head and let out a long sigh. Where did they get these teachers?

He got up and sent a small salute to the rest of the class, bowing to them and wishing the good luck before he strided into the exam room with a small grin playing on his lips. When he finally passed the genin exams he would be a fully qualified ninja, therefore letting him out into the real world and finding ways to progress his work faster and better. "Are you ready, Yomei?"

[NEW QUEST]

Become a Genin!

Pass the Genin exams to further in your ninja career and to gain the pros (and cons) of being a genin!

Rewards;

•Upgrade to <genin> game experience.

+ 650 Exp

+5 REP to citizens of Konoha.

Failure;

- Lose your ninja academy privileges.

•Switch to a civilian school.

•Stuck with <citizen> game experience.

•The matrons will most likely hate you.

Do you accept?

Y/N

Yomei obviously tapped yes. He was just going to tap yes to everything- it's not as if he'd just give up a good opportunity like that. He already knew he'd pass it, it was the fact that even if he did fail the consequences would probably happen anyway. He noticed this along the way of his 'path of life'. It seems that sometimes the game hates him so much that dogs attack him like a bone out of nowhere.

Although he secretly blames Kakashi for it, but we won't get into this right now.

Yomei let out a slow exhale of breath. Although he was a 'prodigy' to these people that didn't know him, he is gravely bad at ninjutsu. Not Rock Lee bad but not as good as he would like to be. And if he was Rock Lee bad he would be nowhere near the title of prodigy. It might have something to do with his lack of resources or even the lack of tutorage for that certain subject but no matter what, it seems as if he and ninjutsu just weren't meant to be.

He was okay in genjutsu though. Thankfully his unnecessary memories were useful for something after all. Granted he has extremely large gaps that no one should have in their memories but he has enough to differentiate which is real and which is not. It's called being smart, kids. Yomei thought of a clone jutsu in his mind, thinking about how blessed he is to have Gamers mind.

Water clone jutsu <D:3> <lvl 6>

A water style jutsu that makes clones out of water, a slightly higher advanced version of the shadow clone jutsu.

DMG: -100 (per clone)
CP: -99
Success rate: 59%

Cutting his chakra into eight individuals is harder than it looks, trust me. "Water clone jutsu!" he exclaimed, hoping his flamboyant use of vocal range would help the jutsu work. And thankfully, it did. He always knew he had the voice of an angel. Naruto was just jealous and that's why he didn't agree with him.

-792 CP

Thankfully four Yomei's appeared each side of him, no deformities clear to the eye. When the Chunin gave Yomei a stern nod and handed him a black hitai ate he thanked god that they weren't chakra censors like him. If someone like the second Hokage was here they would notice the slight wavering in the clones chakra levels. Like Yomei said before, ninjutsu was definitely not his strong suit.

He had his chakra control down pat but it was the fact that he didn't have much chakra to use with the jutsus themselves. Jutsu wasted much more power then he thought they would. Just like he experienced after using the water clone jutsu the first time he trained, black spots invaded his usual pristine clear vision, a heavy weight pulling his body downwards.

Yomei tried his best not to stumble as he walked out of the classroom, trying not to show any discomfort to the Chunin that were watching him with a hawks eye. He sent a smile their way, hoping that his impeccable charm would finally come into use. The stone faced Chunin cracked a small smile to Yomei, nodding his head his way.

+ 2 REP

<Skill level up>

Charmer<D:2> {MAX}
Well aren't you just the charmer. Charm women and men everywhere for a higher chance of information gaining. This can often be used as a persuasion tactic.

Success rate: 100%

Yomei looked up to the sky as he left the school. He honestly felt like he was about to cry. After all those years work of chatting and storytelling, all he had to do was smile at one measly Chunin? Hell if the game told him this sooner he wouldn't have such a sore throat all the time.

Yomei heard the bustling of the parents as their loud chatter entered his hearing range. The parents bragged to each other about their children passing and how they were going to be such good ninjas one day. It's such a shame that none of these people will ever be revelant again. Except his new teammates, but most of them probably won't be heard of again.

+ 1 INT

<Skill level up>

Eavesdropping <D:2> {lvl 88}
A skill that all ninja use. Except for the dumb ones. It helps during Data collecting missions and deadly useful for gossip. To improve simply eavesdrop on gossiping girls. Or anyone really. But gossiping girls are more common.

Success rate: 88%

Yomei decided to stay there for a while and converse to the people of Konoha, deciding that if he needed to use something in the future he needed the resources open to him and befriending all the wealthy merchants bragging about their sons and daughters seemed like a great opportunity.

The adults and children eventually moved place, one of the merchants that took a shine to Yomei decided to drag him along with them, the whole evening all Yomei could hear was the little ping going off in his head when he levelled up his skills.

<Skill level up>- Eavesdropping {lvl 89}

<Skill level up>- Leaders tongue {lvl 8}

+ 4 INT

<Skill level up>- Eavesdropping {lvl 92}

+1 INT

<Skill level up>- Leaders tongue {14}

Yomei wobbled out of the place in exhaustion. The only time he had ever gotten this fatigued was his first lessons in taijutsu, and even then he wasn't swaying as hard. Yomei's blurred visison seemed to fail him as he got poked in the stomach with two sharp pricks. "Ouch!" He yelled out loud, rubbing the place where the spikes ploughed into him.

-4 HP

"Ouch yourself!" A loud, bold voice chimed in, sending a slight shove Yomei's way. "Your the one who quite rudely walked into me! It's not my problem that you have eye sight problems, go to the doctor you old fool!" Yomei's eye twitched, his vision becoming clear in his moment of getting reprimanded.

-0.5 HP

He stared at the young girl who walked into him with a mirthful gaze. Her bright blue eyes stared up at him with a fierce glare and her long, blonde hair was dangling from a high ponytail, a hitai-ate proudly tied at her neck. Yomei nearly lost his composure when he saw two spiky horns- albeit small- poking out from of her hair.

Keiko Ryu, Dragon tamer

Lvl- 15

Age: 12

Allegiance- Ninja Student.

Preferred fighting style; Ninjutsu.

REP: 10 (+5)

Class: (Low) Genin.

A student at the Ninja Academy in Konoha. She is easily set off by words if not chosen correctly. Admired Yomei for his strength, dislikes him for his casual charm and flippancy. Impulsive. She has the potential to grow stronger but is not always set on training. Usually prejudiced against for her looks.

Mood: Pissed.

Immediate danger?: Yes

The girl saw this and tensed up in anger as she saw him cough into his hand with a small smile playing on his lips. Sending the newly appointed genin a closed eyed smile he decided to use his charm to try and forget about the whole thing. He was tired and pretty sure that someone slipped something into his drink while he wasn't looking, this mess was giving him a migraine.

"Sorry about that miss, I didn't see you there. Maybe next time instead of standing in the middle of the road you should move to the corner or something? That would stop you from killing people with your antlers."

The girl was practically shaking in rage now. She didn't know who the hell he was but she was about to show him- nobody messes with her and gets away with it. Especially not after he called her precious little horns antlers. Who the hell did he think she was? Rudolph?

"This is war," she seethed to him, her hands reaching down into her kunai pouch. Yomei saw this and started to profusely swear. "Shit- I'm sorry! I was just joking! You can stop wherever you like, see?" He held out his hands in a surrendering position. He didn't feel like fighting today, in fact he didn't feel like doing anything today. He dearly hoped the matrons didn't see him in this position. It would truly break his reputation.

[NEW QUEST]

Befriend the wild Ryu!

If you want an easy future then befriend crazy no.1! The benefits will be inclusive and very useful in future fights.

Rewards;

•Have a Dragon tamer on your side.

+ 200 Exp

+10 REP to Keiko.

+ love interest (1)

+ Unlock the 'Ryus entries' gameplay.

+ Unlock 'Dragons sword'

Failure;

- Lose a potential friend.

-10 REP to Keiko.

- 10 success rate on all missions.

•No 'Ryus entries' gameplay and items.

Do you accept?

Y/N

Honestly, where he hell did he get these quests from? Now he just had to hope that befriending the girl was easy, this was the most loot he's seen in a while. Perhaps it has something to do with the genin exams?

A bead of sweat ran down his neck when she pulled out a summoning scroll from her pouch. Yomei honestly wasn't sure wether or not he could fight in this position, and he didn't want to hit a girl. It would be rude and if he was caught doing so he would probably get his genin title revoked. And he certainly didn't need that after the six years he spent training back to back.

The blonde haired girl bit her thumb and swiped it across the scroll shouting out, "summoning jutsu!" Yomei covered his head with his arms, and when when nothing happened he saw the girl staring down at the ground with a dead look on her face. When he glanced down his face brightened up and he started to laugh his ass off.

Clutching his stomach with rolls of tears running out of his eyes he coughed out, " your summoning jutsu is a lizard? With tiny wings?! God this day just gets better." He giggled out, not seeing the anbu staring at his crackhead antics. The anbu that walked past decided to ignore the tiny lizard with wings on the floor. If it had something to do with Yomei, you can already tell not to touch it. The anbu shuddered. Everyone remembers what happened last time someone touched something that was his.

The girl moved her eyes from her lizard to Yomei, slight embarrassment seen though her anger. "It's not a lizard with wings idiot! It's a dragon!" She stated proudly, her hands crossed in front of her chest with her chin jutted outwards. She tried not to showcase her humiliation in fucking up her clans most known jutsu. She thought that she would be better now after all those years of training with her summoning, but it seems as if she was proved wrong. What was she gonna do with a tiny lizard with wings, throw it?

Yomei snorted slightly and shook his hands away from their surrendering position, scratching his head with his long and lanky arm. The hitai-ate tied on his wrist glinted in the moonlight, the girl's eyes quickly flashing to it. She tried to hide her suprise that this boy who was clearly ridiculing her was a genin like herself. The night was dark so she could only see the outline of his figure, the light bouncing of the hitai-ate making his dark eyes visible to her. I guess that not everyone is blessed enough to have Gamers eye like Yomei.

"Are you a new genin?" She asked cautiously, reaching down to pick up her lizard. Yomei felt like bashing his head off the wall. Wasn't it clearly obvious by now? He ridiculed himself after that, not everyone is a genius like him after all. "Uh- yeah actually, I'm pretty sure we're in the same class," he replied in a joking tone. He saw the girls eyes widen, squinting to try and find out what his face looked like. Guess he looks different in the dark then.

+1 INT

When she saw that she wasn't going to find out who he was she straightened up and put on a faux all knowing tone. "Of course I know who you are! I'm not stupid."  Yomei deadpanned at her, not feeling the need to tell her that she was making herself look stupid.

"Uh yeah. Of course your not stupid," he smiled back at her, moving around her and patting her on her shoulder. "Guess I'll see you and your lizard tomorrow then?" He called out as he walked past her, trying not to smirk when he saw the angry red irk mark appear on her forehead.

"It's not a lizard!" Her words echoed throughout the empty night air, the only other voices heard were the cheers in the restaurants and bars. "And I'm not stupid either!"

<Skill gained>

Irritate <D:3> {lvl 1}
Have the ability to vex your enemy's until they attack blindly. Useful in arguments and tic tac toe.

Success rate: 5%

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 323 13
"The thing I wished for hurt my whole family. I brought all this suffering down on my family because I made a wish to protect everyone without knowin...
189K 6K 66
An experiment subject. That's all Yoru's life was defined as until she escaped Orochimaru's lethal experiments. Her lust for blood along with an acci...
5.8K 175 18
Akina Arai is a normal teenage girl living in Konoha. Wait, nevermind. Her life is nothing, but normal. She 'hates' Sasuke, who she calls Duckbutt. S...
2.1K 59 22
What is a Shinobi? Misaki often finds herself questioning that. From a small village, she had no choice but to become a ninja. Her leader needed her...