ππŽπ“π‡πˆππ† πŒπŽπ‘π„ ✰ bry...

By yodeling-haley

"What was that?" I whisper breathlessly. He tilts my chin up to meet his eyes. "Brynn, what do you want it to... More

β‰ˆ i n t r o d u c t i o n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ o n e β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ t w o β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ t h r e e β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ f o u r β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ f i v e β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ s e v e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ e i g h t β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ n i n e β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ t e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ e l e v e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ t w e l v e β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ p i c s β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ t h i r t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ f o u r t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ f i f t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ s i x t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ s e v e n t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ e i g h t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ n i n e t e e n β‰ˆ
β‰ˆ t w e n t y β‰ˆ

β‰ˆ s i x β‰ˆ

576 31 25
By yodeling-haley

brynn's pov

"Brynn, would you show them how that leap goes?"

I blush and back up to demonstrate the switch straddle for the class. Our teacher claps, grinning widely. Some of the class claps too, but some of them just shoot me dirty looks.

"Jenna, if you're feeling so smart, why don't you show me one too?" Ms. Georgia says, pointing at one of the meaner looking girls.

"Sure." She smirks and performs a clean leap before turning back to me and shooting me a smug look.

"Why didn't you do that during the combo, Ms. Venezuela?"

"I did," she shoots back. "Maybe you didn't notice because you were too focused on your new student, Ms. Rumfallo over here."

My mouth opens a little bit, and I turn red. Ms. Georgia shoots her a look, and then goes on with the rest of class.

Class finally ends, and I grab my dance bag and hurry out into the hallway to try and talk to Jenna.

"Jenna-"

She turns around, a don't-talk-to-me look written all over her body language.

"I'm really sorry, I-I don't mean to be a-"

"Save it." she snaps, and walks away. Her friends, Bostyn and Dylynn, follow her, giving me glares.

I bite my lip, fighting the urge to give them a piece of my mind. First week of classes and I'm already having trouble...Sighing, I turn away.

Let's hope the rest of the year isn't like this...

This was my last class for today, and it's pretty late out, so I change into street clothes and pack up my stuff to go back to the dorm. I'm super tired and hungry, so I might stop by somewhere to get something to eat on my way back.

Outside, it's still pretty warm, even though the sun has long since set. Feeling a little nervous about walking by myself on campus, I pull out my phone to look confident and relaxed as I walk.

My heart skips a beat when I check my messages.

kenzie's annoying stepbrother 😘

hey brynny how's your week going ? :)

I take too much time deciding what to say back.

pretty good :) wbu

No, not the smiley face! That's way too cringy. I sigh.

have you eaten dinner yet? we can get something together

Oh my gosh, did he just- no, he didn't, Brynn, get your act together.

i haven't...just got out of class

have you tried jake's diner yet ? it's the best place around here

i haven't!

it'll be worth it

ok haha

if it's not, i'll make it up to you :)

What is that supposed to mean??

where are you right now?

walking back to my dorm on the quad

ok i'll come get you

Um, what?

oh ok

so...do I just wait here?

yeah i'll find you :)

I wait for a couple minutes, getting more nervous every second. I text Kenzie a little bit, catching up with her on how her life's been going, and what drama I'm missing back home, and other random gossip.

I miss home, not really knowing anyone here. Annie's great, but I wish Kenzie was here with me. Of course, I have Carson, but that's different.

I feel arms go around my waist, and a voice whispers by my ear, "Looking for someone?" I jump, and Carson hugs me, laughing.

"You're still that easy to scare," he teases.

"Carson!!" I scold, but I can't help but laugh with him.

He hooks his arm around my waist. "C'mon, let's go, I'm starving."

"What do you mean 'still'?" I ask, looking up at him as we start walking to the restaurant.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, you keep saying things like, 'you're still easy to scare', or 'you're still short' or...I don't know," I laugh awkwardly.

"Oh," he shrugs nonchalantly. "You've just..." he looks at me before going on, "...grown up a lot. You look good, Brynn."

My heart all but stops beating.

"The guy who catches your eye will be a lucky one." He finishes with a grin.

My heart beats normally again. "T-thanks...?"

Carson laughs and pulls me closer.

~~~

"You still have ketchup on your nose," I say, unable to contain my giggling.

"What?" he groans.

"I'll get it." I grab a napkin and reach across the table to try to wipe it off. "Eww, it's still smeared."

"This is just getting worse and worse." Carson laughs. "I'll just go to the bathroom and use the mirror."

"How is the mirror going to get it off??"

He rolls his eyes, and I giggle. "I'm kidding. Here." I dip my finger in my water and wipe off the remaining ketchup.

Carson sticks out his tongue and licks my finger. I squeal. "Carson!!"

"What? I couldn't resist."

I slap him gently and get up to wash my hands. When I get back to the table, he's standing up.

"Let's go," Carson says, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Wait, I have to pay," I say quickly.

He laughs. "What kind of guy do you think I am?"

"O-h!" I blush. "You didn't need to. But thanks."

"Anything for Brynny." He winks at me, and I blush even more pink.

We start walking back to my dorm, laughing and talking about random things and memories.

"How have your classes been so far?" Carson asks.

"Pretty good," I shrug, remembering what happened earlier.

"PrEttY gOod, huh?" he mimics me, chuckling. "What's up, Brynny."

"I don't know...there are some girls who hate me because they say I'm the teacher's pet."

"They're probably just jealous." He smiles and winks at me. "I don't blame them though."

"Stopp," I push him gently. "Anyways...it's just annoying because they're good too, and I'm not purposely trying to take away the teacher's attention."

"You can't help it, you're just so stunning," Carson teases again. I roll my eyes.

"No, I get it," he quickly adds. "Sorry to hear that. Tell me if they're really bothering you."

"Okay," I laugh.

My heart sinks as we stop, and I realize we're already at my dorm building. "Well, it was really fun tonight."

"Yeah! We should do this more often." Carson grins.

"Thanks so much." I smile and give him a quick hug.

"Anytime." He stops and stands there for a second, not saying anything, and I can't break his gaze.

Finally, I break the silence.

"I should-" I stop and he nods.

"See ya." He smiles, and waves as I disappear inside.

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.8K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
130K 2.5K 43
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
157K 7.2K 28
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...