To Love You Again

avalondra tarafından

Xiong Zhi ran away from her unwanted marriage. That day, Linfeng, her aide, died while protecting her. The ma... Daha Fazla

Prologue : That night
Chap 1 : Never again
Chap 2: We meet again
Chap 3: I want to create my own company
Author's note
Chap 4: Linfeng
Chap 5: T I H S
Chapter 6 : Gu Zhen (I)
Chapter 7 : Gu Zhen (II)
Chapter 8 : Fang Dien (I)
Chapter 9: Fang Dien (II)
Chapter 10 : Mysterious Boy
Chapter 11: Mysterious Boy (II)
Chapter 12 : Mysterious Boy (III)
Author's note
Chapter 13 : Mysterious Boy (IV)
Chapter 14: Xiao Mei
Chapter 15 : Xiao Mei (II)
Chapter 16 : How to ask a favor?
Chapter 17: Suck-up?
Chapter 18 : Xiao Mei (III)
Chap 19: Mysterious File
Chapter 20 : S H M
Chapter 21 : SHM (II)
Chapter 21 : Side Story
Chapter 22 : A week
Chapter 23 : A Week (II)
Chapter 24 : A week (III)
Chapter 25 : The Trial
Chapter 26 : Release
TEASER CHAPTER
Chapter 27 : The Glare
Chapter 28 : Song Xuantin
Extra Chapter : Side story ( The Glare )
Chapter 29 : Preparation
Author note
Chapter 30 : Operation - Seducing Linfeng : the Date (I)
Chapter 31: Operation-Seducing Linfeng: The Date (II)
Chapter 32: Operation-Seducing Linfeng: The Date (III)
Chapter 33: Operation-Seducing Linfeng: The Date (IV)
Chapter 34 : Coming
Chapter 35: Coming (II)
Chapter 36: Memories and Preparation
Chapter 37: Xiong Family
Chapter 38: Xiong Wuyue
Chapter 40: The Banquet
Chapter 41: Guan Gao Huan
Chapter 42: The Beast
Chapter 43 : Collaboration
NOT A CHAPTER
Chapter 44 : The Shadow
Chapter 45: Xiong Family (II)
Chapter 46: Xiong Family (III)
Chapter 47: Xiong Family (IV)
Chapter 48: Linfeng's dream
Chapter 49: Linfeng's dream
Chapter 50: Troubles of Heart
Chapter 51: The Day of Marriage
Chapter 52: The Day of Marriage (II)
Chapter 53: The Day We Died
Chapter 54: Troubles of Heart (II)
Chapter 55: Troubles of Heart (III)
Chapter 56: Lu Jin
Chapter 57: Troubles of Heart (IV)
Chapter 58: He is not mysterious anymore-[1]
Chapter 59: I don't know what to title this one- [1]
Chapter 60: Growth
Chapter 61: Growth (II)
Chapter 62: Seducing
Chapter 63: Those silver-blue eyes
Chapter 64: Lu Yin Ze
Chapter 65: Crossway
Chapter 66: The Four
Chapter 67 : Collaboration II
Chapter 68: Collaboration III
Chapter 69: Name
Chapter 70: Name (II)
Chapter 71: Trial
Chapter 72: ArtWorld
Chapter 73: Step 1
Chapter 74: For the Golden Invitation
Chapter 75 : Step 1 (II)
Chapter 76 : Step 1 (III)
Chapter 77 : Step 1 (IV)
Chapter 78: A talk

Chapter 39: Xiong Wuyue (II)

5.9K 314 48
avalondra tarafından

Disclaimer: All pictures are from my friend Google.

Dizi (bamboo flute)

Big drum (it's not actually big, name only, am I right?,I just watched a video about it and is not actually big that I thought it will be )

Xiao

Pipa

Sheng

__________________

The cheerful yet serene atmosphere continued as Old Xiong gave an opening speech. Then entertainment followed. A group of professional cultural dancers danced gracefully and musicians played wonderfully.

Some CEOs brought their own kin to perform. Until it became a competition to please the Old Xiong.

After a certain owner of a big shipping company representative performed their magical traditional dance, Xiong De (third uncle) nodded at Xiong Wuyue to act her play.

Xiong Wuyue gracefully stand up and walked to the platform and curtsied to the Old Xiong.

"Xiong Wuyue, greeted grandfather and may the gods blessed the Xiong Empire for generations to come. "

"En." Old Xiong said. He looked at his beautiful granddaughter from his 2nd brother. Even he did not have a good relationship to his younger brother, he did not hold grudges to his descendants. He treated them equally like his first granddaughter, as long as no one crossed his bottom line for them- that was to shame their surname Xiong.

"Grandfather, Wuyue'er wants to present a blessing of gift for the fortune of the Xiong Empire. May it please you and the holders who lead the Xiong Empire to it's mightiness and glory it is receiving nowadays. "

"En." The share holders who were now elders were pleased of what they heard. This humble girl did not forget them unlike those who perform earlier from the other companies, only giving praise at the Old Xiong who sat at the center.

After receiving their consent, Xiong Wuyue clapped her small hands. Girls in teens wearing yellow and purple dresses (hanfu) with same design and decorations walked in and joined her in the platform. The girls were all pretty but still not compare to Xiong Wuyue's seductive and alluring beauty. They brought a red robe with a phoenix embroidered in it and draped it at Xiong Wuyue's shoulder.

She walked in the center and positioned herself while the girls in yellow hanfus surrounded her and the purple ones surrounded the yellow girls. From above, they made one yellow circle with outer purple circle and in the center, a one red dot - that was Xiong Wuyue. The purple ones bowed their foreheads on the floor, the yellow one kneeled, chin up while raising their hands towards the girl in red in the center like worshipping her. Xiong Wuyue was standing , her jade arms were aligned 180° and her fingers were curved.

(A/n: her hands like these 👌)

She looked seductively and while catching a glimpse of Xiong Zhi who was sitting beside Old Xiong, her eyes flashed with challenge and arrogance. When her eyes found Linfeng in the corner, she smiled seductively and her entire being become alluring.

No one knows where a group of men beside the platform appeared wearing  green robes holding musical instruments. When the man holding two bamboo stick hit the two stick three times, the man holding a dizi (bamboo flute) started his solo.

At the same time. The purple girls who were kowtowing to the floor slightly moved. They were still kneeling but there hands moved like waves with their upper body. Xiong Wuyue in the center also moved, her aligned arms enclosed her body slowly. She slowly kneel while also swinging her head with her upper body rhythmically with the purple girls. Watching from afar, the guests could see their movements gracefully and some wealthy people who loved traditional music gasped in awe. In the opening, they could understand what was Xiong Wuyue's performing.

"It is  *the small bird turned into a Phoenix !" An old woman said in awe.

The guest who heard the old woman's exclamation stared at Xiong Wuyue with admiration.

They knew who the old woman was. She was a traditional music expert and also a friend of Old Xiong. It was said that a third of share holders of Xiong Empire were friends of this old woman. In other words, this old woman background was extraordinary.

However, how many times they planned to be connected with this old woman for their business prospect they could not get her attention. It was also rumored that this old woman was very strict and a snob. So, making her exclaimed in pleasant surprise made the guests admired and envy Xiong Wuyue who managed to catch her attention.

Some share holders and elders who were sitting nearby to this old woman, heard it. Questions, murmurs came up until it reached in the first row.

One elder, who were a share holder and also a friend of Old Xiong who also sitting at the front row together with the Old Xiong said in pleasant voice.

"What a good granddaughter you have Old Xiong! She has a good taste! Choosing this musical dance piece to perform in front of us. She is clearly telling us how the Xiong Empire from scratch become a magnificent one! An intelligent granddaughter indeed!"

Some guests and elders nodded while the others kept quiet.

Even though some agreed they did not shown it outside. They were still in guard because the Young miss of Xiong is here. Who knows if the two granddaughters would collide in the future? This was not the time to side either of them.

But some guests shamelessly glanced at Xiong Zhi. To watch the young miss reaction to this 2nd grade miss of Xiong who were now the center of attention.

Xiong Zhi was aware of their stares. But she has still her expressionless face. Inside she was calm. What is their to react for? For her it was boring.

The musical play continued. The small bird turned into a phoenix is a musical play without words. It showcased the musical instruments and dance movements to portray the play to the audience. Hence, it was one of the top ten difficult dance play. Not only it was accompanied with difficult piece music but dance moves were extremely difficult as well. Especially to the dancer who were dancing as the bird who turned into a phoenix.

After the dizi solo, the man who had the bamboo stick started drumming, the men who were holding the pipa started strumming and plucking slowly.

In the platform, Xiong Wuyue was spinning in her knees. She was like a frightened bird who were afraid to raise her head as the story said.

The dance continue as the story goes. The small bird turned into a phoenix was a story about the small bird who were mocked by everyone because of her small stature, common appearance, and also her timid nature.

In the stage the yellow girls started moving, they stand up in chorus and pointed at the small bird mockingly. After a beat of the drum their movement change and turned back from the red bird and faced the purple girls. Their gesture were like they were the one who were receiving the praise from the purple girls. Every beat of the drum , the yellow girls moved.

The story continue as the yellow girls danced and the red birds was left in the center without attention.

The story was the small bird was not noticed by the world and only watched the other beautiful birds to receive praises of the world. While they fly with graciousness and haughtiness like dominating the world, the small bird fly in caution, afraid some big and pretty birds would bully her.

The same in the stage, the yellow girls dancing and spinning gracefully. While Xiong Wuyue was dancing in small moves, very gracefully yet when she want to move and spin like the yellow girls she will enclosed her body and continue to dance in small movements again. Like an afraid bird to fly higher and fly together with the yellow girls.

The guests and the elders were very pleased. Some were even pitying the small bird, and give Xiong Wuyue thumbs up in their hearts. In the future, they will treat this girl well!

Xiong De was studying every elders reactions. And was satisfied by the outcome. He looked at her daughter in the stage. His lucky star was his daughter indeed! Their position in the elders hearts were becoming higher! That was their goal! To leave a good impression!

The slow music was accompanied then by Xiao. Until other instrument stopped only the sound of the Xiao could be heard.

In the stage,  while the sad tone of Xiao sounded. The yellow dancers and purpled dancers stopped their movement. Only Xiong Wuyue was dancing. She was dancing gracefully and as the second passed her dance become more big and freely.

It was the small bird expressing her feelings and her dreams. She wanted to fly freely without care in the world, without the mocked eyes of the other birds.

Then the drums sounded. Slow at first then fast. Fast like someone was running. The yellow girls on the stage followed the beat of the drums. But this time, they were surrounding the red small bird. Spinning, leaping, and their yellow bright dress were mocking and insulting the small bird.

The small bird who dared to dream? To dream to fly together with them? To fly freely and higher than them? What a guts!

The pipa also sounded very fast. Every pluck was fast accompanying the fast beat of the music.

In the stage, the yellow dresses and purple one's were dancing fiercely, spinning fast, leaping high. Their dresses like a wave. A hurricane.

The small bird  in the center was also dancing very fast. Like she was running, looking for escape from the torture of yellow and the purple birds.

This was the trial of the small bird. The tribulation.

Then the music stopped. The dizi sounded again. A very high note.

At the same time, the dancers stopped. In the middle, Xiong Wuyue leaped high together with the high notes.  Her body was arc like a bow, her hands were stretched like a wings. Her red dress looked like feathers.

The audience felt their hearts skipped a beat. They looked at Xiong Wuyue who was like a flying bird, who won the constant struggle among the birds.

When she landed at the platform. The other instrument accompanied the dizi sounded, this time it was slower beat than earlier.

In the stage, the yellow and purple dancers fly away from the small bird. Like a force they were brought away. In the center, the small bird continued to dance. It was the time for the small bird to shine.

The melody was smooth now, accompanying Xiong Wuyue in every graceful moves.

She jumped high, spin , raised her legs, every difficult dance move she executed. The guests were awed.

They gaped at Xiong Wuyue's flexible moves.

Xiong Zhi who were watching raised her eyebrow.

Looks like today battle will be tough.

Xiong Wuyue movement become more bold as seconds passed. She just did not raised her legs. She even spin and lifted up her skirt, allowing the audience to have a glimpse of her long white legs. The small bird was gone, but a bold bird was now born.

Xiong Wuyue did not forget to glance at Linfeng. Who were also watching her.

She made her moves more alluring and seductive that made the woman, young and old, to twitched their brow.

Xiong Zhi who was aware of what Xiong Wuyue wants glanced quickly at Linfeng.

Linfeng felt the stare  at him so he turned to look at Xiong Zhi.

They just stared at each other.

Linfeng could not help but ask.

"Is something the matter young miss Zhi?"

Is she uncomfortable?

Linfeng began to worry.

Xiong Zhi who noticed the worry in Linfeng eyes breathed out a relief. Then she smiled happily.

Looks like Linfeng is not affected.

Linfeng was stunned for a moment. Why the young miss stared at him like she wanted to say something but just let out a beautiful smile instead?

Xiong Zhi returned to watching. Linfeng also did. However his mind was still trying to figure out what his young miss confusing actions earlier. What she wanted to say earlier? Did she want to excuse herself and do her business (pee)?

Thinking this, Linfeng coughed.

In the platform, the ignored Xiong Wuyue was still doing her best to flaunt her figures and curves to a certain person.

Then the music all sounded all together as the small bird won her tribulations , achieved her freedom and slowly tuned into a phoenix.

The yellow girls and purple girls danced rhythmically with Xiong Wuyue. Xiong Wuyue was their center, they were like the wings. A layered wings. The phoenix bird had the wings of yellow  and it's outer layered feathers were purple. They danced gracefully, leaped together, and spun in chorus. They were pleasing to watch. 

They danced like that for a minute accompanied by a beautiful music.

Until the other instrument stopped, and like from the start only the sound of dizi could be heard.

The dancers in the platform returned to their original positioned. The purple dancers stopped first, then the yellow dancers, then the small bird who was now the phoenix.

The dizi also stopped.

Silence met them first, until someone clapped, then all the audience followed. Clapped, smiled, praised the beautiful and alluring Xiong Wuyue.

Xiong Wuyue left the platform and bowed to the audience. She enjoyed herself first in her glory and praises to her.

How hard she worked and practiced especially that leaped that was so high! How many dancers she fired whenever she did not get the  timing right! Now all those suffering and foot ache did not disappoint her. When she looked at the elders, the elders smiled warmly at her. Even the Old Xiong was pleased with her.

Then she looked at Linfeng.

She longed for the admiration and lust in Linfeng's eyes for her.

But when she turned to his direction she was infuriated.

Linfeng was scratching the back of his neck while glancing at Xiong Zhi. He has an adorable look on his face. His cheek was a little flushed like he was embarrassed but trying to cover it up. He had a helpless look. While Xiong Zhi was hiding her small smile in her hands. Studying Linfeng's embarrassed expression. They look cute and like a couple if someone noticed them. But the crowd attention was on Xiong Wuyue who just performed.

Xiong Wuyue was furious. That slut!! What did she do to Linfeng?! Did she steal her time to shine to Linfeng?! Linfeng supposed to be praising her right now! Looking only at her! Not that slut! That bitch!

Xiong Wuyue was angry, her face was red as she was holding back her body to pull Xiong Zhi's hair and slapped her. How dare that dumb girl to flirt with her Linfeng!

"You've done well. The guests are all pleased by your performance. You and the younger generations are the future of the Xiong family. Tell to this Old man what reward do you want?" Old Xiong's words wake up Xiong Wuyue from her fury. When she heard his words she was stunned.

Every year, she was performing her best, but not enough to let this old Xiong to reward her.

Hearing the word 'reward' made Xiong Wuyue's eyes bright.

"I--"  there's many thing I want! I want to become the young miss of Xiong! To live in Xiong Mansion! To be served by Linfeng !

"--want--" but before she could continue she saw her father, Xiong De, swiftly shaking his head. His eyes telling her to not want for anything right now. Their future would come soon.

You need to be patient..
Be virtuous..
You need to show them that you only think of the good of Xiong Empire..
Capture their favors, their hearts, let them leave an impression of you as a deserving young miss of Xiong...
Then our dreams will come true...

Her father's words reminded her.

Right. This was not the time to act selfish. She needs to gain their favor and good impression of her.

So Xiong Wuyue suppressed her greed. She smiled politely and bowed her head like she was shy and ashamed to receive such compliment.

"Wuyue'er thank grandfather for his kind words. Wuyue'er did not deserve any rewards for I am benefitting from the Xiong family. It is Wuyue'er entire fortune to be a family member of the great Xiong. What Wuyue'er done is only to express my gratitude to the elders who worked hard for the family and for the Xiong Empire."

Xiong Wuyue answer greatly pleased Old Xiong. Actually, he was determined to reward her but also testing her attitude.

Seems like this granddaughter from his second brother was patient and  intelligent.

But not enough to move his heart.

He lived for so many years. So he was adapted to the scheme of every human being especially the scheme within the family.

As long as they do not brought harm to his surname Xiong and to the Xiong Empire.

He did not even care if they touched his descendants. If his descendants lost it means they were weak. And they did not deserve to lead the entire Xiong Empire to future glory.

Their world was to eat or be eaten.

Cruel.

But that's the truth.

"En. If that's what you want. You are making the Xiong family proud." Old Xiong said. He was about to conclude the entertainment session when Xiong Wuyue speak.

"I thank grandfather again...but Wuyue'er heard something interesting."

Her words caught the attention of the entire crowd especially Xiong Zhi.

Something Interesting

These words were like a fire for this rich people. In other words,

Rumor.

They all now felt agitated. What is it? They all want to ask. Of course Old Xiong's interest was picked.

"What is it?"

"Wuyue'er heard that little cousin Zhi'er is great with Guzheng. It will be a good fortune for the Xiong Family if little cousin played to ask the gods to bless us."

All the guest was silence when they heard this. Then they erupted. Some were clueless, murmuring how great it will be if they heard the young miss of Xiong played guzheng for them. But some were sharp, that it was a declaration of challenge.

They all looked towards the young miss of Xiong, Xiong Zhi who was silently sipping at her tea.

Old Xiong left brow was raised. He never heard Xiong Zhi played a guzheng before nor practiced any instrument. He let her study only the young miss should. Since playing guzheng or any instrument was a job of an entertainer.

He looked at the direction of his granddaughter, Xiong Zhi.

But Xiong Zhi was calmed. Not minding the stares around her nor the sticky situation she was in. She was leisurely listening to them, seemingly amused.

This made the Old Xiong smile lightly. Seems like a show was about to start.

_________________________

A/n:
*the small bird turned into a phoenix. I just made it up. Don't try to Google it. You won't find any.

Next week again! Thanks for reading! 😘💖

Ahh...short episode here~ the entire scene that Xiong Wuyue witnessed earlier~

_______________

The dance was finished however Linfeng mind was still disturbed. So when the people start to gather at the girl in red in front, Linfeng whispered to Xiong Zhi.

"Young miss, you can excuse yourself now while the crowd is still busy."

Xiong Zhi did not understand what Linfeng meant so she looked at him with confused expression, which made Linfeng's disloyal heart skipped a beat.

Ah... so close

So Linfeng took a step backward and calmed his betrayer heart.

Xiong Zhi asked him,

"What do you mean?" Why did she need to excuse herself? Did she forgot an important meeting that was supposed to be today? But, she was sure she had no meeting today. Then what is it?

Linfeng thought his young miss did not get what he meant. He looked at the crowd, they still busy to curry favor at the girl who just performed. If her young miss was spotted to left after that girl performance they might thought his young miss did not like the dance play and might cause misunderstanding. His young miss would be disadvantage if that happens, people would talk that she was envy and arrogant at the girl from Xiong Bi mansion. Since there was a feud earlier.   So he leaned again because the words he would whisper was a little bit....uncomfortable if someone hear it.

"Didn't you need to pee?"

The words stunned Xiong Zhi. When... Did she say that she need to pee?

She looked lost at Linfeng's words.

Linfeng thought something was wrong.

Didn't she need....?

But when she examined the blank look of Xiong Zhi, Linfeng get the idea that he misunderstood her.

Like he was struck by lightning he quickly gave space and scratch the back of his neck.

That was so embarrassing!

It took him a lot of courage to tell her that, but it turns out that he was wrong!

He even mentioned the word pee...

Why didn't he say 'her business' , 'to powder her nose', or even 'call of nature'!

Now what his young miss would think about him? That he was a guy who also mind the girl when she will pee?!

Noooo!!

He steal a glance at Xiong Zhi who had her hands now covering her mouth.

Is she disgusted by him that she wanted to vomit?

However, in reality, Xiong Zhi was covering her little laugh and mischievous smile.

Linfeng is so cute when he is embarrassed.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

14.9K 187 12
After waking up, the fair and beautiful Ye Zhi turned into a miserable female supporting role in a period novel. In the original text, she is the st...
157K 9.2K 27
"Tell me , do you regret it ?" "I....I.. of course..I don't" Wangyibo is from a rich and disciplined family . But he isn't interested in any rules a...
504K 33.3K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...
344K 6.7K 85
Su Yu had loved Bo Yunian for five years. She did not hesitate to break off all ties with her family to marry him. However, once Grandpa Bo passed aw...