Fated (A Chris Evans Series)

By ohevansmycaptain

Meet Denise Hogan, a nineteen year old aspiring screen writer who writes fan fiction about Chris Evans in her... More

Across the Room
It's You
Bad Influence
One Day, An Oscar
Rumors Hurt
The Letter
No Words, Just Actions
The Morning After
Boston
Little Ways Away
Voicemail
Nothing is Perfect
Back to Her
Where Is She?
Two Words, Seven Letters
Made For Each Other
We're Engaged!
Loose Lips
Limelight
Finally Twenty
The Dream House
Wedding Band
Salt Lake City
The Panel
Reunited
The Answer is Yes
Miss Graduate
The Notebook
The Feeling is Mutual
Compromise
Moving Day
Happy Birthday, Baby
New Line Cinema
The Alternative
Marry You
Save the Date
Cake
A Little One
New York
The Dress
Delta 423
Jack, Her Little Hero
He Won't Pick Up
She's Alive
Home
Late Night Rendezvous
Something New, Something Blue
Meet Me at the Oak Tree
Perfect
Down the Aisle
Mr. and Mrs. Evans
Happily
The First Rule of Fight Club
The Honey Pot
Champagne?
On the Floor
Gifts from Denver
The First Pitch
Paranoid
Baby Steps
The Rehearsal Dinner
The Lighthouse
He's the One
Mr. and Mrs. Sebastian Stan
A Sixth Sense
Today
Jackson Christopher Evans
Mama's Boy
Welcome Home
Just a Little Introduction
Back to Work
The Bet
Not Your Ordinary Sunday
Date Night
Quiet on the Set, Please
Cars and Cake
Late Nights
Irrational
Thank You
Made For Loving You
Trust Me
Jump
Pure Gold
The Ellen Show
The World Premiere
Indecisions
Insecurities
Goodbye, California
Ready
Little Blue Lines
Baby Fever
Little Preschooler
Heartbeat
Shattered
Try
New Beginnings
Author's Note
Collide (A Fated Prequel)

Hello, Boston

1.1K 36 0
By ohevansmycaptain

At 9:28PM, the plane they boarded in Los Angeles landed in Boston. After retrieving Dodger, and their luggage, the seven piled into two separate cars and headed towards Sudbury. Scott drove his, with Chris in the passenger seat and Dodger in the backseat. Shanna drove hers with Lisa in the passenger seat, and Denise in the back with Jack asleep in her arms. It'd been a long day for all of them, what with all the issues at the airport and their flight. The moment they arrived at the airport, things started to fall apart. A blackout occurred just as they were about to check-in, then their flight was delayed for an hour. After finally embarking the plane, they were quickly disembarked due to an issue with the plane's engine. They were transferred to another flight, which only had four seats left. So they opted for a later flight to accommodate all of them, only to find out that Dodger wouldn't be able to get on that particular flight as its animal holdings were at max capacity. It took a lot of arguing before they finally found a flight that suited all their needs, and by the time that happened- they'd spent a total of twelve and a half hours at LAX.

Thankfully the moving trucks weren't schedule to arrive until the next morning, giving the seven time to rest and rejuvenate before the big move-in. They all resided back to the comfort of their homes, with Chris, Denise, Jack, and Dodger taking board at his childhood home with Lisa. No one was really hungry, everyone had eaten something after spending all that time wandering the airport. They all just showered and settled in for some well-deserved sleep before their long and grueling day of moving and unpacking tomorrow.

The moving trucks arrived at the house shortly after the owners did. Jack and Dodger made a beeline for the backyard as soon as Denise unlocked the front door, with the frisbee Chris had strategically bought for them while he and Denise were out getting Starbucks that morning. As adorable as it would've been to see Jack and Dodger help, Chris and Denise felt it be safer for them to stay out of the way while the adults were shuffling around with heavy furniture and fragile boxes. So while they played in the backyard, Chris and Denise got to work with the rest of the adults. Chris and Scott helped the movers with the furniture, and Denise joined Lisa and Shanna in unloading the boxes. Before long, the moving trucks were emptied out. All pieces of furniture, the boxes, and the suitcases engorged with clothing were placed in their respective rooms, patiently waiting to be rearranged, unpacked, and sorted.

"Have we always had this many mugs?" Denise rhetorically quizzed. She narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips at their wide collection as she slid the last one into the cupboard, chin in hand. "I swear there weren't that many when we were boxing them up."

"That's because I had already boxed majority of them up while you were sorting through the appliances," Chris replied with a chuckle. "I'm actually surprised at the number, I thought it would've been higher considering you buy a mug whenever you see one that's-" he continued in a girly voice, mocking her with "'oh my god, so cute!'" He laughed when she tried and failed to deadpan him.

"Best watch yourself, Evans," Denise joked.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Hogan," Chris smirked.

"Don't forget that she is the best you're going to get in this lifetime, Chris." Shanna teased, wrapping an arm around Denise. She giggled, because now it was her husband's turn to try and fail to deadpan his sister. "Denise here will find another man, easily. Younger, smarter, and much better looking. But you, Captain America," Shanna continued. She and Denise struggled to stifle their laughter as they continued to poke fun at Chris. "You are not going to get any better than her, so don't go pushing your luck."

"Thank you, Shanna." Denise leaned into Shanna, wrapping an arm around her. "This is why you are my favorite out of the four siblings." She joked and Chris scoffed loudly. He shook his head in utter disbelief, a smile creeping onto his face. "My absolute favorite," Denise added for emphasis as she and Shanna pulled away from each other, laughing.

"Alright, I'm going to take these empty boxes to the car then go see if Mom needs any help with your living room," Shanna informed Chris and Denise as she gathered several empty boxes in her hands, carrying them from their flaps. Her gaze washed over the kitchen and she smiled, "looks like things are slowly coming together." Chris and Denise nodded in agreement, smiling as they admired their new kitchen. "Nice work, team," she praised as she made her exit, leaving the couple alone. Inaudible conversation made with Lisa as she walked past the living room on her way to the front door.

"So," Chris moved behind Denise, his hands gripping her hips.

"So," Denise bit back her smile. She'd already expected whatever he was up to. The second she made that quip about Shanna being her favorite out of the four siblings, she anticipated a retaliation- at least once he had her alone. Chris was always a little more handsy in the lead up to the project he had lined up, mostly because he knew he wouldn't have the time or energy to be intimate once he was knee-deep in work.

"Should I reiterate? You said Shanna's the favorite out of the four of us?" His lips brushed her ear, his breath hot against the back of her neck. "Are you sure about that, or can I change your mind?" He pushed her up against the kitchen counter, pressing his front flushed against her back. "Hm?" He playfully nipped at her shoulder and tried not to laugh when she did, squirming in his grip.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, we are not alone in this house." She reminded him in a hushed tone and he chuckled, pressing his lips to her neck. The vibrations from his lips made her squirm, drawing giggles. "Seriously, stop." Her playful tone contrasted the context of her demand. "Let me go." She used her hands and pushed against the kitchen counter, trying to break free from his hold to no avail. "Chris!" She shrieked with laughter when he continued to playfully nip at her skin.

"If you two want to go upstairs and make me another grandchild, I'm more than happy to finish up down here." Lisa's voice teased and heat quickly rushed to Denise's cheeks. She turned in Chris' arms and buried her face in his chest as he loosened his grip, glancing over his shoulder at his mom. "Don't mind me," she held her hands up in surrender as she walked towards the glass doors that led out to the backyard, "just passing through to check on Jack and Dodger."

Chris rested his chin on the top of Denise's head and chuckled because he was amused that his mother still had the capacity to embarrass Denise. After five years of being together with him, he assumed she had developed some sort of an immunity to his mother's quips and teases. "See if they need something to eat or drink," Chris called as Lisa slipped through the gap Denise had left for Jack and Dodger, "they've been out there for hours."

"I don't think they need anything to drink, but they might need something to eat, and a towel," Lisa called back. Chris and Denise's brows furrowed as they pulled away from each other, walking out to join Lisa on the porch. Lisa and Chris chuckled, whereas Denise gasped at the sight before them. Both child and dog were drenched, playing with the stream of water shooting out of the hose Jack had let loose. Denise let out a sigh of relief, grateful that Boston was still rather warm in August. The last thing she needed was for either to fall sick while there was still so much to do, especially when Chris was starting work in a few days.

"Chris..." Denise turned to him and he playfully groaned. She didn't even need to finish her sentence, he already knew what she was going to say. "I don't want to get wet." She said then giggled when he emitted a weary chuckle, shaking his head in disbelief. "Can you please turn off the hose and grab them before it cools down and they catch a cold?'"

"Wait," Lisa scrambled for her phone, pulling it out of her back pocket. "Let me get a photo first." She snapped a few shots with the camera on her phone, then nodded at Chris, who strode down the steps and turned off the hose from the main tap. Jack and Dodger looked over at Chris, utter disbelief on their faces.

"Come on," Chris held out a hand for Jack to take, "let's go inside."

"No." Jack pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "Dodger and I want to play."

"Jack," Chris warned, wiggling his fingers as a gesture for his son to take his hand.

"Daddy," Jack groaned with a deep frown, but slipped in hand into Chris' anyway. As warm and fuzzy as Chris could be, he could also be stern and strict when he needed to be. Jack was a smart child who knew better after the last time he threw a tantrum with Chris, but that didn't mean he gave in completely. As smart as he was, he was still a two year old. Chris grabbed Dodger by the collar with his other hand and started the lead towards the house, only to have both child and dog fight him by digging their heels into the ground. Chris huffed, but said nothing as he continued to pull them along.

"I still can't believe my boy is a father," Lisa mumbled to herself, but Denise heard it. She glanced over and smiled at how happy Lisa looked, watching her first-born son as a parent himself. Denise could still remember Lisa's first time holding Jack, it had been such an emotional rollercoaster. She could remember the look on her face, how proud and grateful she was that she had such a beautiful grandson to add to her family. Moments like those, moments like these- they actually had Denise considering the idea of another child, sooner rather than later.

"Can one of you grab some towels? I don't want them dripping water all over the house," Chris called and Lisa quickly appointed herself for the job. She disappeared inside and returned with two towels minutes later. She tossed one to Chris, then opened the other. "Go to Nana," Chris instructed Jack as Lisa descended to her knees, wrapping Jack in the towel as he walked towards her. "Dodge, c'mere." He wrapped the dog in a towel, patting him down. "You're meant to be a better babysitter, bud. If we can't trust you to watch Jack now, how are we going to trust you to watch the new baby?"

Denise smiled when Dodger barked, licking Chris' face. Chris chuckled and flipped the towel over his shoulder when Dodger was sufficiently dried. Lisa scooped a bundled up Jack into her arms and walked into the house, Dodger padding behind them. "Chris?" Denise caught his elbow as he walked past her, stopping him as he placed one foot inside the house. He took a step backwards and glanced at her with raised brows. She opened her mouth, but the words she had swirling in her mind failed to leave her lips.

"What is it?"

"Am I crazy to say I want another child?"

"Well, we agreed we'd have two. So no," he shook his head, "not really."

"I mean..." She trailed off, pressing her lips together. She was hoping he'd get the hint so she wouldn't have to say it out loud. She didn't want to say it out loud because she knew the idea was crazy. They couldn't have another child now, not when he'd just signed a contract; not when they'd just moved; not when Jack was about to go to preschool. They had too much on their plate, they couldn't afford to have another child now. Could they?

"What?" Chris furrowed his brows in confusion. "What do you- Oh." Realization swept across his face and his lips parted in awe. A second child was the last subject he'd expected her to willingly bring up. He always believed that if he wanted a second child- he was going to have to work for it, really sell her on the idea even if she'd promised him two. Because the truth was that Denise was still on fence about the whole parenting thing. It'd been said numerous times that if Chris hadn't found her, she wouldn't have even considered having children. But now, it seemed that she'd finally decided where it was she stood when it came to the subject. "You mean- another child, like- now?"

"Not this very second," she chuckled and he managed a smile. "But yes, now. Like sometime within the next year, maybe? I mean- considering we start trying soon and I get pregnant as easily as I did with Jack." She said and his fingers moved to play with his lips as he pondered. "I know we agreed we would wait. And I am sure my brother and Erica would appreciate if we waited," she added jokingly.

"I think they would more than appreciate if we waited," he chuckled, dropping his hand to his side. "You're already ahead by a wedding and a child, do you really want to have a second child before he even gets married?" He playfully poked her side and she giggled. "C'mon, give the guy a break. Your mother will be even more eager for a date if she finds out we're planning to have baby number two."

"I know, but it's been like- what, almost two years now? The last I spoke to them about it, they just said they're hoping for a June wedding. But June, when? Literally, the month of June is the only decision they've made." She said and he chuckled. "I just- I can't wait for them anymore, I'm- I'm ready, Chris. I want us to have another child, a girl this time."

"I don't think we have control over the gender, but a girl would be nice. It'll even out the playing field for you, you are currently surrounded by a lot of testosterone." He joked and she nodded, giggling. "Look-" he cut himself off with a huff. "I want to believe you, Denise." Her smile faltered though she understood his doubt. "But are you sure it's not everyone asking when we're going to have a second child that's getting to you? Not that long ago, you were saying how you didn't another child just yet. It's-" He grimaced when he realized he was dampening her excitement. "Sweetheart, I'm not trying to be a jerk." He said and she nodded in acknowledgment. "This is great news and I am so happy, but I don't know if now is the right time. I just signed a contract, if you get pregnant now- I am not going to be able to be as present as you'll need me to be."

"I know, I know," she interjected, nodding. "Which is why this is a discussion, and why I said sometime in the next year. This contract has you tied up for the next two months, plus press time which- we won't attempt to predict." She said and he nodded in agreement, chuckling. It was hard to say, press depended on how well the movie was being received, the level of demand it had. "But we can start trying after that, maybe in the new year? In the meantime, I'll focus on Jack. Push Donovan and Erica to set a wedding date," she joked and he laughed. "And maybe start working on another script, just so I don't become a one hit wonder. I just- I'm ready," she assured his skeptical face.

"I believe you," he nodded after a brief moment. "But I'm still glad we're waiting until the new year. I just- this is a big decision, Denise. Between the two of us, you're not exactly who I expected to be the one to make it." He said and she nodded in acknowledgment. "Can we table this for now? We've got until the new year, right?" He quizzed and she nodded again, releasing his hand to enter the house. "Hey." This time it was his turn to catch her elbow, stopping her before she entered. "I want you to know that I am excited about this. I may not look it," he chuckled when she saw her suppress her smile. "But I am, so thank you for letting me know."

"If not you, then who?" She teased and he chuckled, placing a hand on her lower back as he followed her back into the house. "Jack Jack, what are you snacking on?" She quizzed as she walked over to Jack, who was attempting to hide the bag of 'Goldfish' biscuits behind his back. "Goldfish?" She dramatically gasped and Jack giggled, grabbing a handful out of the bag for his mom as she descended to her knees in front of him.

"Do you want some, Mama?" He held his hand in front of her face.

"No, thank you." She smiled. "But thank you for offering to share, baby. We should get you in the bath soon, get you out of your wet clothes. So can you quickly finish that handful of 'Goldfish' then come with me?" She asked and Jack nodded, passing her the packet so he could eat his handful. "Thank you," she kissed his forehead then looked up at Chris, smiling knowingly at what was to come in the new year.

Chris smiled back. He wasn't lying when he said he was excited, he was more than just excited to bring another life into the world with the love of his life. Another child was definitely something to look forward to in the new year, though he hoped her mind would not change from now until then. But watching her lift Jack into her arms, seeing that smile on her face and that knowing look in her eyes when she met his gaze again. Chris had little doubt that she would because he could see that she was as she'd said- ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 1.1K 22
Chris Evans x reader (Y/n) People always ask you how you met Chris and now it's time to tell part of your story. It wasn't always an easy relationsh...
209K 6.1K 60
My (new) one shot book! If you like Chris Evans and his movie characters, you're in the right spot. This book is an imagines book. 🤍✨ Enjoy imagine...
17.7K 995 25
~Complete~Phoenix Rudd was 23 when she joined her dad on the press tour for his latest movie, Avengers Endgame. While the whole cast is out one night...
152K 3.2K 41
#1 in evans March 31st #1 in chris April 20th #1 in mcucast May 10th #1 in actress October 31st #1 in Instagram April 3rd #1 in fluffandsmut May 10th...