Time to Love (BTS & Red Velve...

By Blue-Piscean

I think we've fallen in love. Shall we start? We've waited so long for this time to love. Alternate Universe... More

Intro: κ°€μž
ARC 1: The Artist and the Muse
Bellatrixia: I
Bellatrixia: II
Bellatrixia: III
Bellatrixia: IV (End)
Satangelique: I
Satangelique: II
Satangelique: III
Satangelique: IV (End)
ARC 2: ClichΓ©
Lumirius: I
Lumirius: II
Lumirius: III (End)
Serene: I
Serene: II
Serene: III
ARC 3: Innuendo
Of Bars, Beers And Flirting

Serene: IV (End)

685 25 24
By Blue-Piscean

Joy never thought happy crushes would hurt so much.

Seeing Kim Seokjin wipe away all the effort he placed into creating an image of himself as an independent and forward thinking individual was-

Utterly stupid; completely idiotic, Joy thought.

Yet, here she is, meeting the man she promptly avoided.

"An idiot," she murmured under her breath as she stalked towards the music room, juggling an assortment of snacks, "tell me why I'm doing this again. Joy is stupid. I am stupid? Yeah. Yeah. That's it, this is merely blind obedience, I am- whoa!"

She halted as she bumped into a person rounding the corner,

"What took you so long?"

She stared at Jin as he held her an armslength away preventing her from tumbling down.

She evaded him and walked towards the music room; with the boy following in her haste, "I bought us snacks." She answered his query taking longer strides as they approached the music room.

He regarded her as she opened the door by pushing it with her shoulders, "I thought I'm being ditched again." He quickly pushed open the door to help Joy, but she whipped back at him when he said that.

"Again? I never ditched you." She flatly said, quite loudly, ignoring the snickering of the band members that welcomed them.

"UH-OH. What is this? A lover's quarrel?" Minhyuk teased as he played with his drumsticks, spinning it on his hand.

"I thought you were out to get us snacks? You're not just flirting in hallways are you?" Jonghyun eyed them, a lecherous grin spreading on his face as he laid sprawled on the floor.

Joy rolled her eyes at the band, she tossed some bread to Jungshin who remained silent fiddling with his bass guitar amidst the teasing, "Here's for you." She then pointed at the two, "None for you two."

"Aw. Grumpy."

"Too bad."

Joy just stuck our her tongue at them, while Seokjin found the exchange rather amusing, he has never thought that secretary Park would be this close to the group. He felt that the three men glared at him as he entered the room awhile ago, only silence ensued as no one even tried to talk to the lone man, eventually forcing him to look for Joy.

"Are you really close with these guys?" He whispered behind her as they walked in the middle of the room.

"Pretty much. They're almost my long lost brothers." She answered him loudly, allowing for the others to hear.

Minhyuk scoffed, "Yeah. Yeah." You just remember us when you have a favor to ask."

"Shut it, giant." She snapped at him, but her tone lost it's sharpness, making it a light banter between two close friends.

"Speak for yourself, 바뻐 (Idiot)." Minhyuk scrunched his nose.

"So, guys, practice?" Jonghyun cuts through the never ending banter, and finally eyed Seokjin, "He's gonna be doing the duet with you, right?"

Oh. Right introductions.

"Guys, this is the student council Vice President..."

"Psh. We know, we know." Minhyuk sassed.

"Bro." Jonghyun slurs, dragging out the "o" sound.

Jongshin gives him a curt nod and a small smile framed his face, Jin had to do a double take to catch it but it wasn't there anymore.

"That stunt you pulled at the council room was dope man." Jonghyun smirked. Jin was frozen in place, he knew people talked behind his back, he knew the walls have ears and everything travels faster than the Flash in school. No one was upfront about it, everyone did everything behind his back, no one was ever in his face like this: He found it welcoming.

"Oh jeez. Shut it." Joy hushed the others, giving them stern looks. She knew the guys from the band weren't the most liked faction by the council, in fact some of the guys from the group went head to head with Yoongi. She didn't want them to give Jin an idea to go against the council.

"No. I'm serious, Joy. This is my kind of man. That disciplinary head can be goody two shoes, but, yo! Jin my man!" Jonghyun even stood up to grasp Jin's hand, but Joy got in his way flicking his forehead.

"Aish. What's wrong with this woman?" He asked Minhyuk who disinterestedly shrugged his shoulder, Jongshin barely gave them a glance.

"Yah! Yah! Are you drunk? I didn't bring him here for you to corrupt." Joy declared her arms akimbo on her hips.

"Easy. He's a grown man, Joy." Jonghyun massages his forehead, "a grown man who bleached his hair... so what made you do it?" Jonghyun shoves Joy aside playfully, who produced a shocked, "What?!", and finally reaches to fistbump with the man, to which Jin awkwardly reached out.

"I...uhm." Jin stutters, Joy rolled her eyes.

Jonghyun places a hand under his chin looking like he's deep in thought, "So it's about a girl, huh?"

Jin barely nods, "It is."

"Ah." Jonghyun sympathetically tapped Jin's shoulder, "It's a crime of passion then." Jonghyun has a mischievous grin, "I like passionate men."

Joy scoffed and crossed her arms on her chest, making eye contact with Minhyuk asking what was the man babbling about, to which Minhyuk just creased his brows.

"I hate to break the bromance blossoming here but we only have an hour in this room, so we better start practicing. You two, any minute now."

"Sorry." Jin quickly apologizes as Joy breaks them apart again.

Jonghyun then clapped, "Oh right. Let me see what you two got then, since you kept on nagging us Ms. Park."

As if on cue the three guys all adjusted to the two, eyes on them, stances alert and facing their ways, even Jongshin who never uttered a word were staring at them.

Joy was flustered, "Now?"

"Yes." Jonghyun replied simply.

"You want us to sing acapella?" Jin asked incredulous.

"Well, that's the only way we'll know the kind of voice you two have and if it'll suit each other. Any minute now." Jonghyun sarcastically remarks.

"Fine." Joy huffed, she got her bag from the side of the room, Jin went after her, "Are you okay?" He carefully whispers, as he saw Joy rummaging through her bag to get the lyrics, "Yeah. I am."

"Are we okay?" Jin suddenly asked, out of the blue. Joy eyed him curiously, a precarious look enveloped his eyes. He wanted her assurance that she still wanted to do this with him. "We will be." Joy said conveying all determination in her eyes as she briskly reached out and squeezed Jin's hand.

"We don't have all day." Jonghyun shouted from the other end of the room, making the duo whip their head back to the man.

He continued, "Are you done with whatever you are doing over there?"

"Let's just get over with this." Minyuk played again with his drumsticks, teasing the two by drumming on the snares, emitting the sound one makes to create the iconic drumroll.

"We're ready." Jin takes center as Joy now followed behind facing the three, with their lyrics held in front.

Joy released one deep sigh and said, "Okay. Ready."

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

"You're so not ready." Minhyuk concluded. The quintet collectively sat on the floor after the duo's performance, which was described by Minhyuk as a 'disaster', Jongshin gave the longest of head shakes - the most profound reaction they got, and Jonghyun described it as 'an insult to his music.'

"Is it that bad?"

"Dude, you made me want to punch you. " Jonghyun replied as Jin hung his head low.

"It's not even that important guys." Joy reasoned, "students won't even mind us performing on stage as they slow dance to the song. You think every hormonal teenager out there will actually listen to us sing."

"Do you want me to bring some sense into her brain?" Minhyuk argued, ready to square up as he pointed at Joy.

Jonghyun sighed out loud, controlling his voice, making it commanding and level. "First off Ms. Park and Mr. Kim you're performing with our band, okay? We're the representative band of this school. Secondly, I don't want the music for the prom to be sung by some half hearted duo who's so awkward with each other they can barely make eye contact." He pointed at Jongshin and then at Minhyuk, "You get what I'm saying right?"

The two nodded their head solemnly.

"So our voice didn't make your cut?" Jin timidly asked, he's being scrutinized by some people passionate in their crafts and it made him feel utterly embarrassed.

"You two have great voices." Jonghyun answered almost immediately, he looked at Joy as if to ask if she will contest his claim but she remained silent, still listening.

Despite Jonghyun being overbearing and weirdly perfectionist (He once brought a chicken to audition and asked contestants to name the pitch of the chicken' s cuckoo), music was his forte and no one can top him in this aspect.

"Look. The problem here isn't your voice." He snapped a finger in front of them startling the two.

"Is it the song?" Jin asked.

"Damn it." He ran a hand on his hair, "Do I have to spell it out for you two?"

"Language." Joy warned.

"The song is basically eye fucking each other and you two are the awkwardest couple I have ever seen!"

"I said language!" Joy hollered and hit the man.

"ACA-AWKWARD." Minhyuk tooted, adding fuel to fire.

"The fuck. Damnit, Minhyuk. Unnecessary." Jonghyun tsked.

Seokjin was a laughing mess beside her, however.

"You're tolerating this?" Joy glared at Jin while pointing at Jonghyun.

Jin answered in between bursts of laughter. "I like him. He's my bro now."

"Ugh. I hate you two."

"So what do you suppose we do?" Jin was inquisitive, all traces of apprehension drained from his face, at best, he seemed to be enjoying the scenario.

"Learn to eye fuck each other." Joy was about to burst and straddle him, probably punch him in the face as he laid on the floor, her clenched hands already in the air, ready to smack the lead guitarist, but not before he added to his words, "Alright, alright. Chill. Will 'ya? All I'm saying is don't force me to let you play the peppero game or 20 questions or 7 minutes in heaven. I'm going to let you two figure it out. But for fucks sake make it sooner. Or else."

Or else? Joy thought, Or else he won't let us perform?!

She took a glance towards Seokjin, who ran a hand on his now perfectly coiffed hair. A stark contrast from the man who dyed his hair weeks ago. Although, Joy noted, he seemed to be more carefree these days. His voice rarely shook when he talked, he spoke faster - without much ado about the consequences, he wears his glasses more often than not...and he also began to open the two topmost buttons from his uniform

MORE OFTEN THAN NECESSARY. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

"We'll see what we can do. Right Joy?" He peeked at her, "Joy?" He repeated when he saw the woman already looking at him. She was, he wondered, giving him one of her usual looks. Neither judging nor fond but rather inquisitive, like he's a puzzle piece she cannot place anywhere. Her brows were almost knitted together. Unexpectedly, he lifted a finger to straighten her wrinkled forehead which did the trick as Joy was shocked by the sudden impulse from the man.

"Ehem." Jonghyun cut them off, "I know I said to figure it out, but not in front of us. Unless it's 7 minutes in heaven..."

"Yah! You pervert!"

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

Jin

I never thought that I would have to show myself again. In front of the whole school at that, after the storm that I brought into the council. I don't know where I got the guts to face the crowd again. It would probably be because of Joy. She seemed like a trustworthy person - I probably trust her too much.

"Jin-ah." She called me and tossed a carton of banana milk my way, I caught it midair. She tooted when I caught it and a grin spread on her face when she sat next to me.

"You're probably friends with the cafeteria ladies."

"You bet." She wiggled her eyebrows.

I chuckled. She's too nonchalant and oblivious to the fact that she's lovable.

Huh. I thought that?

"Whats up?" She asked as she peeked over my shoulders and into the paper on the table.

"I was just thinking... if I should change the arrangement of the song?"

"Why? Your arrangement is good though?"

I probably gave her a blank look so she continued to reassure me, "Don't worry, you did well. The band didn't even question it." She gave me a pat on the back and I nodded in her direction.

"I guess we'll focus on other things that needed improving then." I looked at her.

Is she averting her gaze? What did I say?

Oh.

Oh.

Eye fuck.

Shit. Shit. She's looking.

I tried to held my gaze and focused on that spot in the middle of her brows, a trick I learned from being constantly situated in forced social interactions.

"3, 2, 1." She counted, I can't help but look at the intensity of her eyes, and the tremor on her eyelids. She has pretty eyes, they're nicely shaped, but they look more pleasing when she's smiling, unlike now when she's practically glaring at me.

She sighed out loudly I felt the air hit my face.

"Hey. I'm not that bad to look at." I jested, she gave an eye roll. "Exactly." She countered. That left me a bit flustered and I gave out a soft, "You're pretty too."

Wow. I am so lame.
But hey, is she blushing?
I made her blush?
What? Why?

I was particularly curious and went without my inhibitions and poked her cheek. She whipped her head back cradling her cheek with a hand.

"W-what? What are you doing?"

"Why are you over protective of your cheeks?"

"Hands off okay? These are national treasures."

I wasn't thinking at all, so in a spurt of false bravado I blurted out, "The whole you is a national treasure."

I cringed as i heard myself speak this out.

I am this bad with words.

"What the actual frick frack did you eat!?" She tugged at my hands and she's about to whisk me away somewhere, I don't even have a clue.

"Where are we going?"

"To the nurse's station. You are absolutely unwell."

"Wait! I am not. Whoa there." I tugged at the arm pulling me outside, she halted in her steps and took a few steps back as I pulled her in. She gave me a curious glance, and I took that as a cue to explain myself.

Well, sort of. I don't even know what needs explaining.

"I just thought I should improve that aspect of myself."

She crossed her hand on her chest.

Oh no. Not a good sign.

"I mean, I look more into your eyes right?"

"Yeah?"

"And I also want to let myself go."

"I hope this does not include store bought bleach again."

"Nope. It doesn't. Far from it actually. Just... I realized a lot of things from that incident..."

She nodded allowing me to go on. I think this is the first time I have actually verbalized what transpired in my head that day, and I'm glad she's here to hear it.

"I think I was confined into an image others built for me. And... I thought that maybe I'm not the person I thought I am - because i did something stupid and evil. Okay. Not the typical evil. But something out of character. And then I realized, that annoying, rule-breaking, stupid, bleached personis a part of me. I'm just too scared to admit it, that there is that part of me that can be rejected, and be unloved and be..be...stupid."

She stepped forward, reaching out a hand as she awkwardly patted at my shoulder.

She was hesitant as she opened up her arms, "D-do you need a hug?"

"I probably do." I said and leaned in as she stood on her toes to encompass my shoulders. As if her frail arms would be able to carry some of the weight I felt - but I would be honest, hugging her felt good. She was just an always a candid person, and she didn't judgeand she didn't force her thoughts into me.

There was a soft blow of air as she spoke on my ear, "Did it hurt? When she said no?"

I nodded, she probably felt that through the hug but I spoke out anyway, "Like hell."

I felt a soft shake on my body as wet drops hit my shoulders.

"You idiot. YAH! Why are you crying?!" I grabbed her shoulders so I can take a good look at her but she covered her face with both hands. Still her shoulders shook and I hugged her to my chest again.

"You scared me, you idiot. I can't even ask if you were okay. You come to school dyeing your hair, as if you've lost all will. I was worried okay?" She sniffled on my shirt. She was clutching at the back of my uniform and she was awfully close, I can almost distinguish the scent of her shampoo. She shifts and I was caught off guard again, she's now pointing her finger at me, "Don't you dare scare us again, okay? Promise me." She demanded, poking a hand on my chest, "Promise me you'll talk it out instead of keeping it to yourself."

She was easily red-faced, her eyes were rimmed with unshed tears, tears she tried not to pour out anymore - Isn't this too much? I don't deserve such pure, unblemished care.

I don't.

I bombarded myself with this mantra: I can handle things on my own.

It was nice to be offered something, not even an answer, not a bit of solution, but just a listening ear, a presence. Why was it so easy to tell her my thoughts, why was it easy to show her the side of me I had a hard time accepting.

Without me realizing, she's becoming my solace.

I reached out my hand to wipe a trail of tear on her cheek, she smiled through her blurry eyes.

She might cry again, and I had this thought, I don't want to see it happen again because of me. So I squished her cheeks and nodded my head,

"I will."

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

The succeeding days of practice 'wasn't so bad', Jin told Joy, as they shared a high five behind the band members' back. Truthfully, the band was a bit lenient in their demands and were more forgiving on minor faults. It wasn't until the fifth day of practice that Jin confirmed that, not in the way he expected his hunches to be verified, however.

Jonghyun called Jin to the side as they were given a five minute break, longer than what they used to get, which was none.

Jonghyun chugged on the tumbler that's obviously not his, poor Minhyuk, "So..." he gulped the remaining liquid down, "which one is it, peppero game, 20 questions, or seven minutes in heaven?" Jonghyun wiggled his brows especially at the last part, Seokjin was, therefore, lost.

"What?"

"I meant you have no problems eye fucking each other now, even when not practising, so I guess one of my pseudolove flimflam worked?"

"Oh. That."

"Oho. Yes, I meant" he pointed on the smile creeping up on Jin's once stoic face, "Exactly that creepy smile mister."

"Well, about that. I have a favor to ask. I hope you'll be willing to participate in my plan."

"This better be good." He chugged another gulp from the tumbler on his hand.

"You said you like passionate men, right?" Jin asks quite innocently.

Jonghyun chokes on his water, "Fuck dude. I'm sorry, you're good looking and all but I don't swing that way."

"WHAT?! Its not that!" Jin lost his cool and hit the man on his arm, "Stop choking on your water and listen."

And so Jonghyun did with a soaked shirt and an aching throat.

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

The gymnasium was beautifully decorated. One must say the council outdid the previous years for the day's celebration, but everyone expected nothing less from the current roster of officers. Nonetheless, everyone was pleasantly surprised as long flowing embellishments hung from the the high gymnasium ceiling, and cascading into the sides, mimicking baroque pillars. There were also yellow moon like globules hanging from the ceiling, casting golden hues on the place.

The decorations were lacking in colour, but it wasn't a bit lackluster in anyway for but what it lacked in color it made up in ambiance - a private night. Some junior council members were distributing masquerade masks in front. Although personalizing and bringing your own mask was stated in the prom invitation, some would most likely have forgotten to bring one, especially for guys who 'won't give a damn' or who 'doesn't have dates to fuss about them' - which was a rare thing.

Joy does one more survey of the place before she ran off into another corner. Some seniors have decided to show up themselves at that moment. She waved to Wendy, who was an upperclassman. Joy must say she's one of the unspoken beauties of that batch, but Wendy would just shrug off any compliments, and would resort to wearing caps and oversized hoodies, and would be comfortable in being labelled as: "Jung Hoseok's tomboy girl friend", mind the space. Girl friend not girlfriend.

If that Jung Hoseok guy won't come and get Wendy-unnie I would.

Joy sighed as she caught a glimpse of Wendy smiling and waving back at her. She walked towards the woman, "Unnie! So pretty!" She can't help but gush as she's never seen the woman made up like this before. Wendy's hair was curled to perfection, resting on her shoulders, her cheeks were powdered with the barest of blushes and her lips were tinted to pinkish perfection.

"Don't mind me." She covered her face as she became the target of Joy's unending singing of praises.

But Joy was never one to give up easily, "So you do have a date. Please tell me it's that idiot dancer boy FRIEND." she emphasized, teasing the older one.

It's about time for some damned ship to sail.

Suddenly, an arm creeped it's way to Wendy's waist and the woman yelped in surprise, the feeling foreign to her, a cheery voice answered Joy (too bright for her liking), "Hi, that's me, the idiot dancer." Hoseok extended his hand towards Joy with a brighter smile, if that's even possible, and the latter has no choice but to return the handshake before talking to her unnie.

Joy had to admit he was dashing in the suit he wore, together they looked like Yin and Yang, there was a great balance between the two, it almost angered her these two idiots could be such an airhead.

"Unnie, you're so covered up." She pointed to the lace of her dress, the one covering the woman's neck and shoulders, "are you hiding a hickey or something?" Joy laughs expecting a quick comeback, but to her great amusement the two suddenly went stiff looking elsewhere instead of Joy's inquiring eyes.

She squinted at both of them, putting two and two together, "What... are you...", but hoseok hastily cut her off, "We'll, uh, find ourselves seats first, yeah? Come on, Wan." He tugged at the frozen block beside him, who with the barest of smiles, mouthed an apology to Joy.

Oh great, it's just 6 in the evening, what are they up to already.

Not much thereafter, she ran into Joohyun, who looked pristine and divine, as always. "Prez!" She half shouted, jolting the petite woman, "Jeez. What is it Sooyoung-ah!"

"Wow. Someone's on edge today." The taller female teased, "who's the lucky beneficiary of that off-shoulder dress, hmm?" The female noted the sultry way the other's dress hugged her arms.

"HA!" She curtly replied, "Tell that to your low cut dress Joy." The woman countered, not backing down, but quickly exposed herself as she let out a big smile, "You look gorgeous. I hope he survives the performance."

"You look great, as always." Joy gave her unnie a fond smile and an approving nod, "100% I'd tap that booty if you let me."

The woman let out a huge guffaw, slapping the younger female for her incredulity, "Thank you, I'm flattered." As she raised her head, however, she noticed a man over Joy's shoulder jogging their way and tried to warn Joy with her eyes, unfortunately she was left unnoticed as Joy was also looking over her shoulder.

"Sooyoung!"

"Joohyun!"

Two men jogged in their direction, in their tuxedos, a little bit out of breath, but nevertheless undeniably breathtaking.

There was a pin drop silence as the four stood together on shared space. However, what they lacked in speech they filled with sight as they took a moment to be awed by the other.

Seokjin was particulary stunned, he came from behind Joy, and had no idea what he's in for, he took in a lungful of air and let out a shaky, "You're very p-pretty."

Neck. Face. Neck. Face. He recited it like a mantra.

Joy on the other hand gulped, her throat felt particulary dry.

WHO ALLOWED HIM?! OMG. GET HIM OUT OF HERE. GET HIM OUT OF MY FACE.

She glanced at her unnie who looked like she's having the time of her life seeing her breakdown, and stutter like a bumbling fool, "You too... I'-I mean, not pretty, no, no, no. You're pretty. You're ugh..." Joy blushed instead of finishing her sentence, Seokjin did the job for her "Pretty?", he smirked.

Joy wished for a spell for the earth to devour her.

Why is she so good at this? Yoongi is beside her in that dashing suit, how is she not even affected?

Joohyun chuckled seeing the interaction, Yoongi was beside her trailing his eyes on her profile before looking at Joohyun's line of sight (and before getting caught checking her out).

"Hi Sooyoung." he greeted, "nice dress." Then he turnedto the male, "Jin." He acknowledged him and the man nodded in his direction.

"Oppa. Thank you, you look good too."

See, that wasn't hard to blurt out.

"I'm afraid I'll have to borrow her for awhile." Yoongi continued and he angled his arm for Joohyun to grab which the woman nonchalantly held.

"Okay." Joy winked at Joohyun and grabbed her arm before leaning into her and whispering "goodluck", she then subtly patted her backside which earned a glare from the older woman.

"Have fun!" Now it was Joy's turn chuckle as she watched her unnie turn beet red receiving a worried, "You did not drink already, did you?"
from Yoongi which she easily denied as she softly hit his chest, "Who do you think I am Min Yoongi!"

"They look great together." Jin whispered.

"They do." Joy agreed effortlessly before processing who-said-what, she looked at Jin in bewilderment, she was about to apologize.

"Don't worry about me." He easily gave her a smile, "I'm okay. Finally." He patted her head affectionately, getting caught up in a moment, "You worry too much, Sooyoung. Let's enjoy the night, shall we?" He stopped patting her head and extended his hand to her.

She took the hand that reached for her and she's happy.

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

The night was whisked away swiftly, the merry making about to end, teenagers with lovesick gazes and lecherous glances prowled the evening.

Alas! It was the final song. The master of ceremonies took center stage and announced the slow dance portion.

"Let's welcome, from the council our very own Kim Seokjin and Park Sooyoung!" A thunder of applause surprised the two, they thought the crowd would be too distracted by their urges to even stay for the final song, but they thought wrong.

"Alright guys. Breath. Relax. Have fun." Jonghyun told them as they went for the stage, "Oh and one more thing, eye fuck."

"Goodness. Won't you stop?"

"Got it." Seokjin gave them a thumbs up, "We got it covered."

"Unbelievable." Joy rolled her eyes at the men, Seokjin offered his hand again which she took,

I might fall, she thought.

She felt him give her a hand a tight squeeze before letting it go. Jin then stood in front of the mic stand, the same goes for Joy.

The lights in the gymnasium dimmed, only the brightness given by the moon globes were to be seen and a spotlight that lit up the stage.

Joy looked at Jin one more time and the lad was already looking back at her, she smiled. She was then struck by something she hadn't thought about, or had avoided thinking about. After this night ends, when when the sashaying, and the merry making ends, will hers end too? And if so, how is she going to deal with the aftermath. The better question would be, how do you crush a broken heart?

There was no one to blame but herself, maybe she's going to finally take the name that her roomate, and friend Seulgi gave her, "Saint Joy, patron of hopeless cases." But maybe now, it's going to be the proper goodbye, she's going to finally bid Adios! to the feelings she kept tucked; maybe after this night she can give these feelings one last final kiss, and wave them goodbye.

Seokjin gave a lingering look at the band and nodded, Jonghyun promptly gave the okay sign and Minhyuk hit his drumsticks together thrice.

The first few cords of the song started, slow and encapsulating as Seokjin's clear and gentle voice lulls the atmosphere into a lovely serenade,

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place

The song started as practised, some couples have started to crowd the dance floor taking the opportunity to press thenselves as closely and almost as inappropriately as possible.

The two performers caught each other's eyes, Seokjin gave Joy a playful wink,

♩All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you♩

Joy continued with the song starting with the second verse, her unique voice spreading like an open fire in the gymnasium walls, breathtaking and warming.

Your eyes whispered "have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette starts to make it's way to me♩

And that Seokjin did, he took a few steps and closed the space that stood between them, both now sporting a giggly smile, sparkling eyes and teasing smirks,

And it was enchanting to meet you♩

♩All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you♩

The instruments played louder as the chorus reached its peak, the two seemed to be trapped inside a sphere where only the two of them exists, so not one of them saw the proud smile Jonghyun tried to give, or the bunch of students that danced the night away, or Joohyun and Yoongi sneaking out of the gymnasium .

I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, I was enchanted to meet you

The second verse started, the two were almost inseparable on stage, Seokjin then grabbed Joy's hand as he sang the next part,

This is me praying that this was the very first page not where the story line ends, my thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again

Joy sang the next parts more desolately, as the lyrics struck a chord in her, something that the whole song has been doing, she gave the man's hand a tight squeeze and her voice gave a slight quiver,

These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon I was enchanted to meet you

They were facing each other, as if the song belonged to them, and only them alone, this time Seokjin can't help but brush a strand of hair that threatened to block Joy's eyes away from his arresting ones. Joy gushes out the next part, rather more wistfully,

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you♩

As the chorus repeats itself, the duo were more free in their movements, swaying and exchanging smiles

This night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonder struck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you♩

Seokjin takes a big step as he anchors an arm around Joy's waist, not too loose the she might fall out of balance, but not too tight that he might scare her off the stage. It was the outro, the final part as he's supposed to repeat the lines that Joy sang, except he didn't,

I was never in love with someone else,
I never had somebody waiting on me
'Coz you were all of my dreams come true
And I just wish you knew

The music fades in the background, Joy stood frozen, the last lines almost fading in her mind. She looks at the crowd clapping, she felt deaf as no sounds seemed to register in her ear. Only people clapping, looking at her, at them on the stage. She looks back at the man in front of her again, he was sporting an almost flirty smile. ALMOST. Because Joy saw his lips trembled and his hand shook.

"Did you just-?" Joy started, but shook her head, thinking everything seemed unbelievable, "Are you-."

"Sorry. I slipped." Jin laughed, awkwardly inserting his clammy hands into his pocket, "Can I get a hug. I thought I was about to faint."

Did he? But he deserves more than a hug.

So Joy paced towards Seokjin, who wasn't at all prepared as he felt soft lips place itself on his own. Now it's his turn to be dumbstruck.

"Wha-."

Joy chuckled, all traces of nervousness disappearing, "Oops. I slipped." And she laughed, that melodious laugh of hers, as Seokjin hides a bashful smile.

"You two not on the stage! Get off that damn stage!"

《--------------》

I'm sorry it took so long. But here it is. 😊

Tell me if you want a glimpse of Yoonrene. I have something but I don't think its appropriate to put in this chapter, so I removed it.

There's one final story for this arc but I'm going to put up the next arc because the stories there should be shorter (oneshots only. Yay!)

Anywaaay. Always, Thank you.

-Divs 🍀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1.2K 27
" is this fate? or does it just happens? " another jungri fanfic !! im too in love with them ;)
13.4K 437 6
2.0 | an alternate universe compilation for jungri. FOR YOU AND I a jeongguk & yeri fanfiction pasteldna, 2017
382K 9.8K 159
_ Bae Joohyun (Irene) x Kim Taehyung (V) _ Son Wendy x Min Yoongi (Suga) _ Kang Seulgi x Park Jimin _ Park Sooyoung (Joy) x Kim Seok Jin _ Kim Yerim...
3.2K 123 7
A compilation of my VRENE one shots and short stories <3