Downloading... [Sheriarty AU]...

By weirdpurplepanda

Jim's tired of that damn Sherlock Holmes shooting his computers so he confronts the quirky man about it, urgi... More

Downloading... [Sheriarty AU]
Chapter One: Unacceptable Behaviour.
Chapter Two: Getting In The Good Books.
Chapter Three: Cindy's.
Chapter Four: New Online Friends.
Chapter Five: Sher-cock.
Chapter Six: Not A Date
Chapter Seven: Unwanted Tag-Alongs.
Chapter Eight: Full House.
Chapter Nine: Sherlock Holmes Needs Help?!
Chapter Ten: Again, Not A Date.
Chapter Eleven: Wrong Place To Be Funny...
Chapter Twelve: Injured Idiots.
Chapter Thirteen: Hospital Kisses.
Chapter Fourteen: Can I Kiss You?
Chapter Sixteen: Not. A. Date.
Chapter Seventeen: Blushes and kisses.
Chapter Eighteen: Baby, Come Back.
Chapter Nineteen: Doubts.
Chapter Twenty: Idiot.
Chapter Twenty-One: Serious.
Chapter Twenty-Two: We Need To Talk.
Chapter Twenty-Three: Time together.
Chapter Twenty-Four: Best Friend Brawl.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Silly.
Chapter Twenty-Six: Biscuit Thief.
Chapter Twenty- Seven: Polar Bear Pick-Up Lines.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Okay.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Don't you dare say sorry.
Chapter Thirty: I love you but no.
COMPETITIONS... and sequel?
SEQUEL IS UP!
TRAILER

Chapter Fifteen: I Owe You.

1.2K 73 27
By weirdpurplepanda

"I like you, James.."

The words swirled around Jim's head, day in and day out. He hadn't seen Sherlock since then, but his voice was forever at the back of his mind repeating those four words over and over in a never ending cycle.

Sebastian had gone home, reluctantly. He could see that something was off about Jim and promised to visit again soon. Jim would definitely miss him. He considering asking Sebastian to move in with him but the single room wasn't realistic and Jim didn't want to move. His flat was never a 'home' anyway and he didn't see much point in trying to make it that way. 

Molly was concerned too, noticing that Jim laughed less and zoned out tons more than usual when they had lunch or spent time together. She had no idea what happened, but could tell exactly when it started. She had clenched her fists, angry with Sherlock.

Jim knew that his friends were worried but he couldn't bring himself to shake off those words. Sherlock likes him. And not in a friendship way. What the heck was he supposed to make of that?

He didn't know what to do. The man annoyed the hell out him, made his blood boil with rage more than homophobic preachers did, and yet he was craving those soft lips.

He wanted to feel them again. On the tip of his fingers and on his own lips. Anywhere and everywhere.

But it was best this way, wasn't it?

He was saving them pain. It was just stupid hormones.

If they took whatever it was they had (Jim wouldn't exactly call it friendship) to the next level, they'd be at each other's throats ninety percent of the time. Arguing about very stupid things like leaving the cap off the toothpaste.

Did Jim want that?

The answer was yes. He liked the way they argued, he already knew that. Ever since the shooting range, Jim had a small smile on his face when Sherlock and him threw witty comment back and forth. He liked the way he could rattle Sherlock and make him angry.

But they couldn't have a relationship like that.. Things would get taken to heart eventually...

It was all too fucked up for words. Jim was a simple man. He didn't want all this drama, it was just one reason he'd been single for so long.

Maybe he should go find Sherlock and talk to him?

Turns out he didn't need to, because when he walked into his office on Friday morning Sherlock was stood there with two cups of coffee, one in either hand.

He'd come to Jim. Why did that make Jim feel so terrible? So guilty.

He wished he'd been able to glide into his office and smile at Sherlock without hesitation or doubt but, much to his annoyance, he did pause in the doorway as those four words ran through his mind.

When he does enter, he's handed a Vanilla Coffee.

"I got you coffee," Sherlock tells him, voice quiet but not quite sad.

"Thanks..." Jim replies, sipping the coffee as he takes a seat and starts up his computers one by one.

Silence drags on for sometime between them, the low sounds of the computers starting seeming like scream in the silent room. Dear God, it was so awkward. Jim had taken to tapping a beat on his thigh, fidgeting in an attempt to escape the suffocating awkwardness.

It hadn't been this awkward in the café or the alley. Why was it now?

Sherlock had said.. what he said but it's not like that was news to Jim.

Jim really did understand the way some things worked. They just did.

"I.." Sherlock pauses for a second and Jim turns to face him. "I've been thinking." Sherlock continues.

Jim's palms were sweaty, not knowing quite what to expect.

"About?"

"About everything that happened.. and I realised something," Sherlock was speaking more confidently now.

Jim didn't even detect the nervous quiver his voice had until it was gone. The detective had a soft smile on his face too, and Jim automatically relaxes at the sight of it. 

"What's that?" Jim questions, smiling back gently as well.

He had a feeling he'd be okay with whatever Sherlock planned on saying. Not that he'd ever admit that, obviously.

"Well.." There's a long pause and Jim's heart jumps all over the place "I owe you a trip to the funfair, don't I?"

After blinking a few times, the words fully register and Jim breaks out into a large grin, his shoulders shaking as he let's out a soft, light laugh. Sherlock's smile increases in size too and he grins back at Jim, happy that things weren't weird or awkward anymore. Seems they were just going to avoid talking about it.

"You do, don't you?" Jim says, still laughing.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow. Eleven, okay?" Sherlock asks, tilting his head to the side and giving Jim the most adorable smile he'd ever seen.

He looked like a little kid sweetly asking his mother if she loved him.

"Yeah," Jim nods, a bit breathless. Really, Sherlock could be so beautiful at times.

Sherlock stays for a little longer and they talk like they normally would. Sherlock teases Jim, and Jim teases back, snapping each time he got called 'James'. Then Jim seems to remember where he was and that he really should be working and he sends Sherlock away.

Sherlock winks as he leaves, thankfully not noticing how red that made Jim go.

One thing was for sure; Jim sure as hell regretted telling Sherlock to let him go.

This was better for them. Keeping things light and just seeing if it got them anywhere. If Jim sat around and thought about it too much, he'd end up pushing Sherlock away and hurting them both.

Jim felt ten thousand times better when he walked home. He had a skip in his step again and when he bumped into Molly on his way out (quite literally - her paperwork went everywhere) she noticed the change immediately and beamed at him.

The moment he gets home, Jim slips his shoes off and settles on the sofa wit his legs crossed as if he were about to start a yoga session. He slides his laptop out of it's case that sat on the coffee table and starts it up, resting his beloved machine on his lap.

For once, however, it wasn't his way of ignoring the world around him. This time, he was opening his laptop in hopes that he'd waste time and tomorrow would come sooner.

He couldn't wait for the funfair.

-----

Starting Up....

-----

Username: Jim_06

Password: pasS12>woRd00

-----

Loading...

-----

Welcome back, Jim_06!

You have four new messages.

8/95 contacts online.

-----

SkaterBoy: Cocky git.

Jim_06: Ah, I can feel the love.

-----

[Conversation started at 18:54]

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Carol's doing well. Toby's a handful but her and her hubby seem to mange. I love being an uncle.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Holy shit, you're online!

Jim_06: I am.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Wow...

Jim_06: Okay, Don, calm down. ;)

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Flirtly little git.

Jim_06: You love me.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Oh, of course. Don't you love me?

Jim_06: Not really.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Bastard.

Jim_06: :p

DatAwesomeGuyDon: I gotta go man. Make sure you get your butt online more often.

Jim_06: Roger that.

[DatAwesomeGuyDon has logged off]

-----

[Conversation started at 19:17]

Jim_06: Bit surprised to see you online...

TheConsultingDetective: Ah, well. I live to annoy you, James. ;)

Jim_06: I knew it! I knew you were sent to this planet to pester me.

TheConsultingDetective: So now I'm an alien.

Jim_06: Yep.

TheConsultingDetective: At least I'm a gorgeous alien.

Jim_06: That you are, Sher-cock.

TheConsultingDetective: You spelt my name wrong.

Jim_06: Nope. You just don't know how to spell your own name.

TheConsultingDetective: Of course.

Jim_06: :P

TheConsultingDetective: Is everything still okay for tomorrow? You haven't got plan with Sebastian or anything, have you?

Jim_06: Sebastian's gone home.

TheConsultingDetective: Good.

Jim_06: Jealous?

TheConsultingDetective: Yes.

Jim_06: Cute.

TheConsultingDetective: Cute?

Jim_06: Yep.

TheConsultingDetective: I prefer 'gorgeous'.

Jim_06: Shut up and be grateful I'm even giving you my time of day.

TheConsultingDetective: Ah, and the James we all know returns.

Jim_06: Shut up.

TheConsultingDetective: See you tomorrow, Jim. I'm looking forward to it.

Jim_06: Me too. I can't wait. I love the funfair.

TheConsultingDetective: You've said.

TheConsultingDetective: Sorry to do this to you but I have to go. The hand in the fridge is deforesting.

Jim_06: I don't even want to know....

Jim_06: See you tomorrow then.

TheConsultingDetective: Goodbye.

Jim_06: Bye! x

[TheConsultingDetective has logged off]

Jim_06: Wait. You called me Jim...

-----

Sign In. Hotmail.

Inbox (1)

Elizabeth Moriarty

Honey, when will you be visiting? I haven't...

-----

From: EMoriarty110@gmail.co.uk

Jim, you haven't called or text me or your dad in months. I don't care how old you are, I want to know how my baby is doing. You should come visit when you can get some time off work.

Or is it a boy that's keeping you busy?

If that's the case then why have you been keeping him a secret? I want to meet him! I promise not to get all the baby pictures out like I did when you first brought Sebastian home.

Anyway, darling. Keep yourself healthy (and pick up the blasted phone once in a while!)

-Lots of love, Mum. xxx

[Reply] [Delete]

-----

To: EMorarity110@gmail.co.uk

From: JimIT@hotmail.co.uk

RE: Honey, when will you be visiting? I...

Sorry, Mum!

Works keeping me busy but I promise I'll make time to come visit you and dad soon. I'll make sure to come while the weather's still decent too. So definitely soon. In a few weeks maybe?

I'll let you know.

Love you too. xxx

-----

Logging off...

-----

Shutting Down...

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.3K 58
Sherlock is the school's freak, hated and beaten every day of his life. Why does he put up with it? John Watson. The boy he can't have. Or can he? I...
16.7K 505 8
Sherlock couldn't believe what he was hearing: what she was asking was the impossible, wasn't it? Closing his eyes again he tried to say it the way...
17K 764 21
Jim Moriarty has a secret. He craves the attention of the worlds only consulting detective, but he knows Sherlock would never spend time with him vol...
46.5K 1.4K 31
(Jim Moriarty X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Holmes, the youngest of the three Holmes siblings, decides to visit her brothers in London, fascinated by "Th...