Taking Hits | P. Parker

By ParkerSpace

Peter has been living in an orphanage for almost a year after Aunt May died. His only escape from the now mis... More

| 001 - Ablaze |
| 002 - Quiet |
| 003 - Stressed Out |
| 004 - Patrol |
| 005 - The Day |
| 006 - Compound |
| 007 - Nightmares |
| 008 - Dinner |
| 010 - New |
| 011 - Cereal, Eggs & Apples |
| 012 - Broken Ribs |
| 013 - Planning |
| 014 - Check Ups |
| 015 - Uncle Bruce |
| 016 - Darkness |
| 017 - Breakfast |
| 018 - Nerf |
| 019 - Suit |
| 020 - Press |
| 021 - Patrol |
| 022 - Blood |
| 023 - White |
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

| 009 - Introductions |

41.1K 1.3K 1.5K
By ParkerSpace

~
I joined a competition for Books Got Talent!
~

I eat dinner with the rest of Miss Pepper and Mr Starks friends and coworkers, staying silent the whole time. I pick at my food and nod when being spoken to until dinner is done.

"You're such a quiet kid," A man next to who I assume is Captain America, aka Steve Rogers, teases me, seemingly trying to get a reaction to which I just shrug. I automatically assume that he is James Barnes. He was a criminal not to long who and was the reason that the Avengers broke up in the first place.

"Eh, I bet he will warm up sooner or later," A girl down the table says and gives me a smile. I don't recognize her from anything so I assume that she is one of the newer Avengers.

I help clean up the dinner and put the dishes in the sink that Miss Pepper says she will clean later. I'll help because it will give me something to do. I look back at the kitchen before walking with everyone else to the living room. I sit in the corner so if I need to get out I can easily move. I don't know why but I feel like they can sense that I am Spiderman even though I haven't given them any reason to do so. I look around the room and take into note everyone who I know and notice that there still are multiple people I don't know the names of.

I sink into the couch a little as the others start talking and I feel someone take a seat in the spot next to me.

"Hey Pete," I look up to see that the lady with red hair is sitting next to me. I smile slightly when she does so, letting her know that I'm listening. "No speaking?" She asks and I nod, I only speak when I'm on patrol. It's easier that way because I guess I'm not myself, I'm the amazing Spiderman. Not just Peter Parker. "That's cool," She nods and I can't help but smile a little more. "I'm Natasha by the way, if you want to in the future you can call me Aunt Nat or Tasha." She grins and I nod. Even though she cared me a little at first I really like her. She's nice. "How old is the little guy?" Aunt Nat asks looking to Mr Stark, knowing I won't speak.

"He's fifteen," Mr Stark says in for me and I give him a thankful smile. "Three years younger then you Wanda, you're not the baby of the team anymore." He teases the girl from before, now named Wanda.

"You feeling alright?" Aunt Nat asks softly as she looks back at me. I shake my head no lightly and bury myself under the blanket. "Aw, I hope you feel better soon then. Clint give me the remote." She says as she grabs the remote out of his hands. It's the guy from before who was laughing when he saw her interacting with me. He pouts for a minute as Aunt Tasha turns on a show and I go back to hiding in my blanket.

I close my eyes and when I open them again I'm back at the community home. I look around to see Jason sleeping in his bed peacefully and a show I barely recognize is playing on the television. I walk around the room before finally leaving it, not sure what I was doing.

"Peter," I hear Miss Thea call my name out and turn to see her walking towards me, a stack of white papers in her hands. "I told you that if you misbehaved they wouldn't take you in Peter, I thought you were more mature then this." She says sounding defeated and I go to speak but there's a bubble in my throat.

I try again but my head just pounds harder in response. I close my eyes and I instantly feel better for some reason.

I take a deep breath and open them seeing that I'm in the room that Miss Pepper had shown me earlier, saying that it was mine. It was a dream then.

I get up and throw my legs over the bed, forcing myself to walk over to the door but I freeze when I hear voices outside of it.

"You're right," Mr Stark agrees with something and while I know listening to others conversations is bad I feel like I can't move away from the cold door. "We shouldn't have picked him." He says and I freeze. Everything seems to stop for a minute as I wait for a response from Miss Pepper.

"We should have picked another one of the kids," Miss Pepper agrees and I open the door just enough so I can see out it. It's them, they are talking not even five feet away from my door. "If he's not going to talk or help around here," She trails off walking down the hall with Mr Stark at her side before the two of them disappear into the living room leaving me in silent darkness.

I jolt up and my eyes fly open, my heart beating a million miles a minute as I look around the room. My face is wet with tears and I see multiple sets of eyes on me.

"Hey," Aunt Nat coos and I flinch a little when she tries to take a hold on my arm. I know she is trying to calm me down and I can see a small look flash through her eyes but it's not a hurt one. More of an understanding kind of look, like she understands what just happened. "You ok?" She asks and Mr Banner pauses the television, leaving everyone to look at me as tears fall down my face. I nod even though I'm clearly not.

If I let them know about my dreams, more like nightmares, then they definitely would not want me. I want to stay here, I like it here so far even if it doesn't feel like home. I realize that a few of the Avengers have left which includes War Machine, who I had learned was Mr Rhodey, the Falcon, aka Sam, and Thor. I assume they went back to their homes or something. I look back at the kitchen to see that Wanda is sitting in there and seems to be talking to someone I haven't gotten to meet yet.

"You don't look ok," Clint says and Aunt Nat elbows him making him shut up again. I laugh a little at that and she smiles a little. I look back at the hallway where I had come from before they showed up and Miss Pepper seems to read my mind.

"You can go to bed if you want to Pete," She says a smile on her face as she looks at me and I nod, standing up. I smile at them all as everyone in the room says goodnight before standing at the doorway confused. I don't know which way to go.

So I do the only natural thing.

I stare at the ceiling, waiting for ceiling person to speak to me.

"What are you doing Peter?" I hear Mr Bucky ask laughing and I look back at all of the adults who seem to be looking at me amused. I look back up as if I expected the voice to come back because I did.

"Are you looking for Friday?" Mr Stark asks and I cock my head to the side.

"Here sir," Ceiling person speaks up and I jump a little. So ceiling person has a name too.

"Can you please take Pete to his room Friday?" Miss Pepper asks and I smile a little when I see Aunt Nat hit Clint on top of his head and he glares at her, a small smile on both of their faces. They must be close.

"I can do that," Friday says and I go to move out into the hall but Mr Stark calls me back into the room. I look at him confused and he smiles a little at me.

"That is your room kid," He informs me and I nod. "Also there is a surprise or two on your desk for you." Me Stark adds, a bigger smile on his face which I easily return. I nod a thank you before walking out into the hall so I can go to my room.

~

Originally Written: 11/18/19
Republished / Rewritten: 10/14/20
Proofread By: Ian H.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.2K 19
[COMPLETED BUT UNDER REVISION} ok I take it back I haven't looked at this in like two years & it's so bad but y'all seen to like it🥴 (I've considere...
324K 9K 23
Y/n Parker, cousin to Peter Parker and Miles Morales' best friend. You've grown up together and now he's transferring to your school. After realizing...
184K 5.8K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...
534K 16.8K 31
Peter is your average teenage boy... except he's not. Peter Parker knows all about secret identities. Not only is he Spider-Man, he's also a trans gu...