Taking Hits | P. Parker

By ParkerSpace

Peter has been living in an orphanage for almost a year after Aunt May died. His only escape from the now mis... More

| 001 - Ablaze |
| 002 - Quiet |
| 003 - Stressed Out |
| 004 - Patrol |
| 006 - Compound |
| 007 - Nightmares |
| 008 - Dinner |
| 009 - Introductions |
| 010 - New |
| 011 - Cereal, Eggs & Apples |
| 012 - Broken Ribs |
| 013 - Planning |
| 014 - Check Ups |
| 015 - Uncle Bruce |
| 016 - Darkness |
| 017 - Breakfast |
| 018 - Nerf |
| 019 - Suit |
| 020 - Press |
| 021 - Patrol |
| 022 - Blood |
| 023 - White |
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

| 005 - The Day |

51K 1.5K 868
By ParkerSpace

~
It takes so long to write these chapters :/
~

Today is the day of the adoption. I don't know why Miss Thea is making this adoption in specific so much more important then the others but I will do my part and help out.

In helping out though, I am literally running on no sleep. I am exhausted and Jason keeps trying to get me to take a break but I refuse.

I spend the morning helping the litter kids get dressed and ready. I smile at them because they do all look amazing. I braid some of the girls hair because I'm the only boy who can do it in the home and the older girls are still off getting ready. It's a good thing May taught me to do.

This week feels like it's been dragging itself out. Within the last week I have managed to make the community home look as good as possible with some of the kids help and honestly I am so proud of all of them. I still am worried though, what if we did all of this and no one gets adopted?

I watch as they all gather in the main room and for once I have the ability to hang out with them. I sit on the couch besides Jason who grins at me and I roll my eyes, already knowing he is going to tease me.

I wake up to a couple looking into the room. The lady has reddish orange hair and the man is... Tony Stark. Get out.

They seem to just be looking around the room and I hope that it looks nice enough for them. I suddenly understand why we all had to look nice and make the building look good. These people are here to adopt one of the kids.

Their eyes land on me and I look down at myself. I'm wearing a pair of sweatpants and a plain tee shirt, I must look terrible compared to the other kids who are dressed in the best clothes we could find in their sizes.

I see Miss Thea show up at their sides. She glances into the room at all of the kids who are sitting around and patiently waiting for one of them to speak. Her eyes land on me and I see a twinge of disapproval in her eyes which makes me look down. I knew I would mess this whole thing up. What if by me wearing something now nice would have it so no one gets adopted?

"Hello, how may I help you?" Miss Thea asks them and their eyes move from all of us to her. She stands in a nice dress that she only wears on nice occasions.

"We are here to adopt." Tony says and I have to look to the television which plays some sort of cartoon to keep myself from laughing. What else would they be here for?

I see Jason looking at me with a grin on his face and I can tell he's thinking the same thing I am.

"Ah," Miss Thea says and we both look back at her. "Any idea on what you would be interested in adopting?" She asks and I cringe a little because that is definitely not the kind of wording I would use. I have half the mind of taking over this adoption like I have been but know to keep my spot in this case.

I see Tony is looking around the room while the girl who I can only assume is Pepper Pots talks to Miss Thea. Tony's Eyes move to the wall with a small whole on it from when the kids had been playing inside and I want to die. I forgot about that completely.

"So, any gender in mind?" Miss Thea asks and I sigh because at least she sounds more formal now.

"Either would be fine," Maybe-Pepper, says.

"Any ideal age? We have children ranging from toddler to teen." Miss Thea asks quickly and I silently wonder if they can tell she isn't the one who usually does the adoption process.

"Teenager, please." Pepper says and Tony keeps looking at us. His eyes travel from kid to kid and then to the television before going back to the kids. I double check everyone his eyes are flying to, making sure that they are behaving and staying quiet which they thankfully are doing.

"Okay, Peter," Miss Thea says and I nod, looking over at them. I avoid looking at the couple. "Can you please collect all of the children ages thirteen to eighteen?" She asks and I nod a little. There is only a few of us so I shoot them smiles which they return nervously before following after me into the hallway.

"They are staring at you." Jason whispers to me as we walk side by side and I can't help but look over my shoulder to see that he is right.

"Because I'm underdressed," I reason and push him away from me slightly as he snickers. "Don't think too much into it."

"Peter!" One of the girls, Clare, comes up to me and pulls on my hand a little. She is only thirteen and I think this is her first time being personally picked by a parent by the way she is acting. "My hair," She starts to say but before she can finish I quickly pull her in front of me and tie her curly hair up in a neat pony tail.

"Better?" I ask and she nods happily before standing at my side. We all line up against the wall and I notice how much different I look from the others.

"How old are you?" Tony asks Jason and I look up at him.

"18." Jason answers nonchalantly as if he already knows he is not going to get picked.

"And you?" He asks and I stop. He's looking at me.

"I am fifteen sir." I inform him quietly and he nods slightly which makes me want to die some more. I look like an idiot, oh my god.

He continues down the line while Maybe-Pepper talks to Miss Thea who seems to be panicking. She has no idea how to talk to these people and is showing it.

I see Tony turn to Maybe-Pepper and say something to her which she nods to in agreement. Maybe-Pepper then repeats whatever he had said to Miss Thea who seems in shock for a second.

"Peter, will you come up here?" She asks politely and I don't move at first. Jason nudges me slightly as Miss Thea motions for the kids to leave the room.

"Hi," I say as I approach the three adults, not quite sure what is happening. Maybe she needs me to take over, it wouldn't be a first.

"Hello Peter," Tony holds his hand out for me to shake and I simply look at it for a second before Maybe-Pepper gives me a smile. I shake his hand a little and move to Miss Thea's side. "I am Tony Stark and this is my fiancé Pepper Potts." He introduces himself and I nod again.

"Peter," Pepper looks at me and I meet her eyes. She has pretty eyes. "How would you feel about us adopting you?" She asks her eyes sparkling a little as she says it as if it had been something she had been wanting to say for a long time.

"I would be very thankful," I say and look to Miss Thea who simply nods her head.

"I'll get the paper work." She says and I walk upstairs to pack up my stuff while she leads them into another room to sign off on the papers. Jason appears at my side as I start to walk.

"So," Jason says and I can already sense the teasing in his voice "Mr Stark." He says looking at me and I laugh a little.

"Ew, no." I laugh and then realize what I said. "I mean no in the most respectful way possible." I correct myself, looking over my shoulder and hoping no one other then Jason heard that. "I just like Parker." I point out and he laughs.

"Nah, I understand." Jason nods as we walk into my room. He tosses me my phone and I see that he added a contact. "But who knows, maybe one day you'll change your name." He grins and I shake my head. "When you become famous don't forget about us, ok?" He says and I roll my eyes. As if I could forget about him and the others.

~
Originally Written: 11/12/19
Republished / Rewritten: 10/11/20
Proofread By: Ian H.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.7K 9
Peter Parker. One name every Avenger knew as family but do they really know him? His situation? His job? His responsibility? .....His life? Peter h...
2.1K 70 5
❗️DISCONTINUED❗️ Peter Parker is Spider-man. Obviously, only his best friend knows (for now) What happens when it seems like the universe is trying t...
Stronger By Ava

Fanfiction

27.5K 883 18
Peter Parker had a perfect life. When he was born, maybe. But not now. Never in a million years could this be a perfect life. Extended summary inside...
111K 3.2K 19
[COMPLETED BUT UNDER REVISION} ok I take it back I haven't looked at this in like two years & it's so bad but y'all seen to like it🥴 (I've considere...