Fantastic Beasts One-Shots

Door Newtinalover

Pretty much exactly what the title says. I'll be writing some Fantastic Beasts One-Shots about Newtina, Jakwe... Meer

Welcome fellow Fangirls
My Rosebud Boy
Meet the Parents
You will be Found
A Day at the Beach
How to Train your Creature: Part 1
How to Train your Creature: Part 2
How to Train your Creature: Part 3
May I?
Aloha wau iā ʻoe
There May Be Something There That Wasn't There Before...
Stay with me: Part 1
Stay with me: Part 2
Together
A Night of Many Surprises
Drunk on Love
Beauty and the Beast AU: Part 1
Beauty and the Beast AU: Part 2
Mosquito Bites and Sleeping Bags
Under the Sea: Part 1
Under the Sea: Part 2
Reflection
Chocolate Cake and Children

Happy Birthday Tina

928 54 35
Door Newtinalover

Since it's Tina's Birthday today I decided to spontaneously write a fic in honor of her 117th year :)

This one takes place about a year after Newt comes to New York to give Tina his book

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tina Goldstein hated surprises. 

She did. 

She really loathed them. 

They made her job twice as complicated and it really was a lot more stress than fun in the end. 

That's why when Newt Scamander had the audacity to show up at her office the day of her birthday she didn't quite react well. 

She was deep in the middle of solving a case when he had snuck up behind her, tapped her lightly on the shoulder and her fist had met with his face.

Not on purpose of course, but you really should know better than to sneak up on people.

"Mercy Lewis I am so sorry Newt-"

"No no, it's my fault, I shouldn't have snuck on you like that." He said wincing and pressing his hand on his bleeding swollen nose. 

Tina sucked in her breath and bit her lip examining the damage she had inflicted on this poor man "Damn, it think it's broken. Oh I am so so so sorry Newt, here-" she pulled out her wand and silently cast a spell. 

With a small crack Newt's nose had stopped bleeding and the swelling began to decrease in size. 

"Thank you. So, I guess you don't like surprises..." he said awkwardly shuffling his feet. 

"Really? What gave it away?" Tina replied smiling shyly and turning to tidy up the clutter that was her desk. "Sorry about the mess, um I don't usually have visitors."

"Tina. I've come to give you something," he said abruptly, reaching into his peacock blue coat pocket and pulling out a gift box wrapped neatly with a blue bow on top. "H-happy Birthday."

The elder Goldstein's eyes widened "How... how...how did you know...?"

"Queenie," Newt responded instantly with a sheepish smile as she accepted the gift "She owled me a letter inviting me once again to New York for your birthday, I hope this is alright with you she wanted this to be a surprise."

Ah...

Now everything was starting to make sense.

The secretive letters, the insistence she go to work today, the touch of lipstick Queenie had insisted on placing on her sister before shoving her out the door. 

Unwrapping the box, Tina gasped as she pulled out a strange magical instrument from the packaging. 

"It's called a Sneakoscope," Newt informed her "It's a very popular British auror tool, it lights up, spins and whistles whenever someone is doing something untrustworthy nearby."

Tina's eyes gleamed "I love it Newt, thank you." she confessed happily setting it down on her desk. 

Whether it was the fact that it was her birthday or that Newt Scamander had traveled all the way from London to give her a birthday present, Tina was feeling very bold that moment. 

"Hey, I'm off work for the rest of the day. Would you, like, would yo like to get lunch, or, or something?" she asked. 

Newt nodded "I would love y- to. I would. Yes. Love to." he fumbled smiling at her. 

Tina grinned "Good, I know just the place."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Two kosher hot dogs and root beers, one with mustard, and the other with..." she turned to Newt "Ketchup you said?" he nodded 

"Ketchup please."

As they walked though the street of New York eating their lunch, Tina studied the British man with interest as he took his first bite of an American hotdog. 

"Well..." she said "What do you think?" 

Newt swallowed and patted his mouth with the paper napkin. "It's... not terrible,"

Tina laughed "Welcome to America." 

Newt smiled and took another bite of his meal, leaving a smear of ketchup resting on his upper lip. 

"Er, you've got something on your..." Tina said gesturing to his lips, blushing at the reference. 

Newt immediately wiped the smudge of condiment off his mouth and smiled shyly, understanding the reference. 

"So," he said taking a sip off his drink "This is... Beer Root?"

"Root Beer."

"Intriguing."

"I thought so too," Tina said with a smile as they arrived at Central Park, taking a seat on one of the benches. 

"How are things back at home?" she asked. 

"Oh, alright. Mum's been busy spring cleaning for the past two months. She's on a cleanliness crusade, as she calls it."

"And your brother?"

"Hm, lets see... Girlfriend number 25 and 11 have come back begging for him to take them back, so he does, at the same time. And there may or may not be an angry mob of women out for his blood so..."

"Wow." Tina said amused "He certainly sounds like a ladies man."

"You have no idea,"

The two sat together in a quiet peaceful silence, watching kids play catch out on the grass and laughing joyously in the bright setting sun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was a mix between orange and purple when Newt and Tina arrived at the Goldstein apartment. 

Together they creaked up the stairs, careful not to alert the female male cursor landlady, and opened the flat door. 

Queenie was waiting for them with a beautiful roast on the table and streamer strung around the apartment. 

"Surprise!" she cried out once she saw her sister. 

The blonde witch ran up to her older sister and gave her a big hug, then she turned and saw Newt, gasping in mock surprise 

"Why Newt! What on earth are you doing here?! What a surprise to see you here on Teenie's birthday! However did you- Teenie you punched him in the face?!?!

Tina blushed "It was an accident." she confessed sheepishly "What smells so good?"

"I made your favorite roast for dinner tonight, and I was hoping Mr Scamander would have the pleasure of joining us tonight," she said turning towards the british wizard and winking. 

Newt fumbled with his hands "That's very kind of you, but I'm sure Tina would rather enjoy spending some time with her sister-"

"Oh don't be silly Newt she sees me everyday. Come! Sit!"

Newt looked over at Tina who smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "We're not gonna poison you Mr Scamander," she said smiling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an exceptionally large amount of roast and potatoes, including a chocolate birthday cake and gifts from Queenie. This was easily one of the best birthdays Tina had in a long time. 

The only downside was that she didn't want it to end. 

For as soon as it was over, Newt would be on a boat back to London, and she would still be here. 

As Queenie cleaned the dishes, Tina escorted Newt to the door. "I just want to say, again, thank you Newt for being here today. It was nice to see you again." 

He smiled "You too Tina," 

The pair stood close, not wanting to look away. 

"Goodbye," he at last whispered, quickly kissing her cheek before turning away and quietly heading down the staircase. 

Tina eyes grew wide as did her smile as the touched the burning cheek where his lips had just rested mearley a second ago. 

"Tina!" Queenie shouted out from behind her. 

"What are you waiting for?! Go get your man!" 

And without even bothering to correct her sister, she was out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Newt was only a few meters away from the Goldstein apartment when he heard Tina voice crying out in the dark. 

Turning back towards the building, he saw her figure racing out towards him "Tina?" he said in confusion as she approached him 

"Is everything alright?" he asked concerned. 

She nodded, her cheeks pink and her smiled wide as she grabbed the collar of his coat and pulled him towards her, pressing her lips against his. 

Tina could feel him smile against her mouth as he wrapped his arms around her waist and her hands moved to rest around the back of his neck. 

Once they parted, Tina looked deep into those emerald green eyes she had dreamed about for so long and whispered "Stay? A bit longer?" 

He smiled "Of course." and leaned in to meet her lips for a second time.

Wow I haven't written a pre-Newtina married fic in a while, it was fun!

Anyways hope you enjoyed this one-shot and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINAAA!!!!!

Have a great day readers! <3

-Newtinalover

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

87 18 9
A bunch of one-shots (and headcanons) for Harry Potter. The A/N at the start of this book will go into more detail on rules and stuff. Please enjoy ^...
361K 8.8K 99
Just a bunch of oneshots that I found on Pinterest but with Wolfstar. Most are my own ideas. Some will be fluffy, and others whump. NO SMUT. Request...
4.8K 190 12
~11 months later, after an goodbye emotional goodbye at the docks, what could have changed? A lot. ~Set after FBAWTFT, not COG Disclaimer: I do NOT...
59.8K 2.2K 26
Newt has returned back to England, but he can't seem to get a certain American Auror out of his head. Back in New York, Tina can't help but think abo...