Contemplation (Anime fanficti...

By Kikaraaa

When the war had come to an end, rumors spread that Uchiha Sasuke was dead. Three years had passed since the... More

αғтerмαтн oғ тнe wαr
Proloɢυe
cнαpтer 1
cнαpтer 2
cнαpтer 3
cнαpтer 4
cнαpтer 6
cнαpтer 7
cнαpтer 7.5
cнαpтer 8
cнαpтer 9
cнαpтer 10
NarutoWattys
cнαpтer 11
cнαpтer 12
cнαpтer 13
cнαpтer 14
cнαpтer 15
cнαpтer 16
cнαpтer 17
cнαpтer 18
cнαpтer 19
cнαpтer 20
cнαpтer 21
cнαpтer 22
cнαpтer 23
cнαpтer 24
cнαpтer 25
cнαpтer 26
cнαpтer 27
cнαpтer 28
cнαpтer 29
cнαpтer 30
cнαpтer 31
cнαpтer 32
IMPORTANT FOR SASUSAKU
cнαpтer 33
cнαpтer 34
cнαpтer 35
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER: How to get rid of a bich
A/N

cнαpтer 5

17.4K 502 595
By Kikaraaa

Quote of the chapter: "Your hand gestures, your eyes, they are faded but not gone. Why won't it go away?" -Let me know by BTS

Dedicated to: @shewillbelooved (Happy Birthday Chia!!! Thank you for being one of my very first wattpad besties :D Really wish to see you and @Airi15 personally :'( ) SASUSAKU <3

Belated Happy Birthday to @Winter_luver ! I lava you bro~ Sorry I didn't update on your bday, too much exams and PTs TT_TT You know that feel

And of course suuuper Belated Happy Birthday to Narutooo! :3 Without you, I don't know what I'd be now

PEOPLE THE NARUTO MANGA OMF ASDFGHJKL I CANNOT STAND IF ONE OF TEAM 7'S MEMBERS DIE (still kinda disappointed to Sasuke for his actions to Sakura and his decisions tho)

Dearest readers, I know I suck at updating fast and I'm truly sorry :'( Our school made it four quarters instead of trimesters like the previous years which means more projects and exams for me </3 BUUUT I promise that I will update for at least 1-5 times a month if I can :D I'll try to make the chapters long tho :3 More upcoming updates because the exams and projects will be finished this week~ 

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

         cнαpтer 5

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

That night, Naruto invited all the Rookie 9 members and Team Gai out to a BBQ Restaurant where Team 10 would usually hang out in order to celebrate Sasuke's return.

Despite the fact that some of them are still having doubts or 'boundaries' towards Sasuke due to his previous actions since he was once the boy who abandoned his village to seek his own desire and became one of their enemies.

But they also considered that he was pretty much stuck or have nothing else to do. If he chooses to be against Konoha then he will be on solo which has a low rank in winning.

Furthermore, when they knew the truth and heard the story about the Uchiha clan and that he was actually the Black knight, their thought of him was pulled up.

With that, they tried their best in accepting him as their comrade and friend just as before.

Talks and laughs filled up the air in their booth.

They were all seated at a long table with various food and drinks organized in front of them as they celebrate.

"Please, I'm already in the ANBU squad!" Kiba stated proudly at the time that he crossed his arms with Akamaru's bark in support.

"Don't get too cocky, Kiba. I just might be your captain." Sasuke replied, accompanied by a simper as he took a sip of his drink.

Kiba's mouth twitched up with the sudden counter-back. "Is that a challenge?"

Sasuke shrugged his shoulders before answering. "Maybe." He continued to finish his meal while Naruto took over his spot.

"I'm gonna be hokage, BEAT THAT SUCKERS!" Naruto teased the dog-boy as he stuck his tongue out.

"Says the one who is scared of a girl." Kiba raised his eyebrow, waiting Naruto's reply.

Naruto took a moment to realise that he was actually referring to Sakura. "You're also afraid of her even though you're an ANBU! You just wear your mask to hide it!"

"We wear masks to hide our identities not because of fear!" Kiba scowled in defense.

Naruto waved his hand dismissively as an idea cracked his brain. "Eh you're just jealous because I'm a hokage."

Kiba's eyes widen just when he raised his hand warningly. "Let me remind you that we protect the hokage otherwise a hokage's job will not be that easy."

"A hokage still has a higher rank!"

"Are you saying that the ANBU are weak?!"

"What if I am?! Whatcha gonna do about it dog-boy?"

"Oh it's on you bastard!" Kiba gritted his teeth with a fist up.

Naruto did the same as they were in a fighting position. "We'll see about that!"

Both Naruto and Kiba shot an imaginary lightning trance towards each other. Their match seemed to end up in a fight with smoke at the moment that they sent each other punches and kicks at the background while the others were talking or eating.

A sweat dropped Shikamaru's forehead while he was watching Chouji eat. "Easy on the food, Chouji." He reminded him since he will most likely be the one who will pay for their bill.

Though Chouji seemed to be grabbing every bit of food at the table.

"This is the springtime of youth! I will also join Chouji-san!" Lee pumped his fist up with sparkles at his background in determination as he started to devour his food like Chouji.

Shikamaru spanked his palm towards his forehead. Wish good luck for him.

Shino skimmed the people around him before swallowing the food in his mouth. "I should have stayed home. Why? Because no one seems to bother my presence." Shino sulked at the corner.

Hinata patted her teammate's back. "We're here for you Shino-kun."

"Feels like the good old times." Tenten stretched her arms and Hinata nodded with a smile in agreement.

Halfway on eating her meal, Ino turned to Sakura with those curious eyes. "By the way I forgot to ask, what happen when you didn't visit me for the past few days? I just heard that you were in the hospital. Tell me the details forehead." She warned Sakura with a serious expression.

Yamanaka Ino knows something is up and she, the gossip queen of Konoha, will not let this slip.

When Ino first came in the room and saw Sakura, she first scolded her like a mother for making her worried since Sakura didn't visit nor contact her for the past few days to which she apologized in return.

Sakura secretly took a glimpse of her surroundings, seeking for rescue. Sasuke was eating while Naruto and Kiba, who are now temporarily in a truce, were telling Sasuke on what he had missed out. They were also accompanied by Shikamaru in terms of political information. Chouji and Lee were on an eating contest. Well to Lee it was at least. Shino was in his own dimension while Hinata and Tenten were chatting as Ino waited for her to reply.

The pinkette let out a puff in defeat, she had no chances of escaping. "On my supposedly day off, Naruto came back with Sasuke so I took care of him. Then patients just kept on increasing which is why I practically stayed in the hospital for a few days."

Ino shook her head vigorously at her friend for working hard too much. "You know, one of these days you're gonna be the one who's sick if you keep on stressing yourself."

Sakura just gulped her drink in response. Ino was right but she was still willing to help others that are in need of medical attention. She is indeed an extrovert. After all, saving people's lives is her ninja way.

A smile crept up Ino's lips once a concept entered her mind. "But hey, look at the bright side! You'll be happy again since he's back!" She winked at her teasingly then she gasped in realization. "The rivalry is back on!" Ino laughed at her joke, pounding her elbow towards Sakura's upperarm.

Sakura chuckled at Ino's response. "Whatever, Ino-pig."

Even though it was just a joke to Ino, Sakura believed that jokes were half meant.

With this thought, she frowned internally. "If Sasuke would have a girl, it would be Ino since she's perfect."

It hurts that her best friend loves the love of her life and it hurts more that he might love her best friend back.

Sakura looked to Ino who was now laughing. If he had to pick, she would probably lose to Ino in terms of looks and charms though she also took consideration of the engagement.

Nope, she didn't tell Ino nor the others yet and wasn't planning to tell anyone for the meantime.

"If you take Sasuke, what about Sai?" Sakura winked at Ino, knowing that she'd be speechless.

Sakura just chose to be positive and keep her problems to herself so that she wouldn't bother anyone. If she'll be living in hell sooner or later then she'll just have to accept and make the best out of it then.

Ino's look changed into a bewildered expression. "He is just hot! But he has a weird mindset..."

"We're helping him on that..." Sakura scratched the back of her head and remembered Sai's improvement. Holding her chin up, she swamped in deep thought as Ino's face was already changing into bright red. "How about Kiba?"

That is when Ino's face flustered. Her eye twitched in denial even though her blush was changing into light pink. " "K-Kiba is just a friend! He's Konoha's playboy you know! A-And I what if he likes someone else? Or..." Ino continued to utter some more words that made Sakura giggle.

"So you do like him!" Sakura replied with a smile at the same time that Ino refused to lose.

"You don't have proof." Ino stuck her tongue out and defended her side while she crossed her arms.

"I already have, because you have a crush on him and you even asked what if he likes someone else." She leaned back with a triumphant smile.

"Shut up! It's just..." Ino huffed to conclude her blabbing about boys. "I don't know anymore. Boys are just complicated."

"That's what boys say about girls." Sakura said as a matter of a fact tone then she grabbed her chopsticks and took sushi from the plate.

"Exactly." Ino slurped her ramen after replying.

Sakura faced the ladies across the table. "So how's it been with Naruto, Hinata?" She asked the bashful girl with a grin as she took a full bite on another sushi, for them to join the girl-talk.

Hinata's cheeks dredged into the shades of scarlet as if she was going to burst but she overcome it with a smile. "I-It's sweet I guess...H-He would always accompany me a-and send me flowers or gifts..."

The three girls let out an 'Awww.'

"B-But what I like about the relationship is that he's always there for me to cheer me up and improve in my training." Hinata ended with a smile.

Hinata is a skilled and intelligent woman who loves her boyfriend dearly. Plus, she was not asking for any presents but appreciates his support and care. This girl deserves an award.

"That's so cute!" Ino commented, squealing like she used to.

"I salute you." Tenten added with a grin on her face as she did a soldier pose.

"You really are a good pair for Naruto." Sakura added shared her opinion in all honesty after swallowing her food.

Hinata's blush deepened as the conversation extends.

"By the way, Tenten I won't be able to train with you and Rina." Sakura stated just when Tenten's lips curved into a frown.

"Why? Is something wrong? Are you okay?" Tenten questioned in worry, thinking that something bad happened.

"It's not that and I'm fine. Tsunade-sama just assigned me to finish my medical mission in Sunagakure and that will probably take weeks or a month at most." Sakura pouted.

Tenten gave a curt nod. "I'll just teach her the first part and the basics while you're gone then."

"That will be a good start. Thanks Tenten!" Sakura replied at the moment that Tenten gave a thumbs up.

"WAIT! Who's Rina? Omg is that your sister?? Why haven't I met her yet? I wanna teach her the basics in healing too!" Ino whined childishly.

"I-I would also like to help. I want to meet Tenten's sister and I just came back from a mission a couple of days ago so I will be free for at least a week. I-If that's alright with you..." Hinata joined with her shy and diffident demeanor.

"You guys can come over to our house and we can teach her the basics. It's alright, the more the merrier right Sakura?" Tenten pointed out as she glanced over to Sakura.

Sakura nodded approvingly. "Yeah, I'm sure it will help widen Rina's knowledge about medicine with Hinata's tips, Tenten's experiences and Ino's guidance." Sakura answered as they all conceded.

"It's settled then!" Ino cheered as realization hit her. "Damn I still have a part-time shift in the hospital tomorrow."

Hinata's smile broaden when she heard Ino's response. "Me too, we'll go over at Tenten's afterwards."

"Okay!" Ino gave her consent thens he clasped her hands together in excitement.

"Guess I'll be missing out the fun." Sakura said as she sighed. On the bright side, at least she'll be able to travel. On the dark side, she was with the man who left her in a cold bench, possibly never loved or will love her and broke her heart countless of times. Such happiness.

"Don't worry forehead, there's always a next time." Ino boosted Sakura's mood up as she thought.

"If you only knew about the engagement Ino, if you only knew..."

\\..~**~..//

A few minutes passed when Naruto poured sake at the cups that were made of glass and passed them to everyone before standing up at the center so that all who were in the room would see him as he called their attention.

"I would like to propose a toast..." Naruto said in a formal way as he announced. "It's been my dream since I was a kid to be a hokage so that I would be popular. Though as I get older, I realized that I want to become a hokage not because I want to be well-known, but to protect my comrades and now...I'm finally going to be hokage thanks to all of your help. To me for being the upcoming Rokudaime!" He brought up the bottle that is nearly out of sake.

"For Naruto!" They cheered as they held and clashed their glasses.

Just when they were about to drink, Naruto appended something to his speech. "Also, when I was young I was always alone until I met first friend." He spared Sasuke a glance before speaking again. "But he left because of certain circumstances and I made a promise to someone to bring him back." Then Naruto shifted his gaze towards Sakura who had her eyes widen and her body frozen. "Now, I finally fulfilled my promise and team seven is back! For Sasuke's return!" He declared with a huge smile as he raised his almost empty bottle.

"For Sasuke!" They all followed and clanked their glasses once again before drinking their sake.

Afterwards, more laughs echoed the room with a buoyant atmoshphere just when they continued their celebration.

In that joyful moment, Sasuke may not admit it or he may deny it but he after somewhat eternity, he finally felt a short glimpse that he was back home.

\\..~**~..//

They all prepared to leave once they noticed that it was getting pretty late. All of them bid their goodbyes as they all went their separate ways. It was true that they only see each other for quite sometime in formal meetings, unplanned encounters or social gatherings like this. They might be young but they have loads of work to do in order to live our their lives as a proud and strong shinobi.

Unfortunately, they were not complete. Sai was out on a mission with his ANBU companions while Kakashi was out on his own quest and some were not in their world anymore but all would remember them.

Shino already went ahead, sometime during their celebration due to his report that he still has not pass to the hokage about his latest mission.

Naruto was slouching while covering his crotch as Kiba was holding his belly with Akamaru tailing behind while they walk towards the exit of the restaurant.

"You cheated!" Naruto yelled towards Kiba's direction.

Kiba raised an eyebrow with innocence. "What?! I just hit you and you call that cheating?"

"No you idiot! You hit me at the part where it really hurts at a guy!" Naruto complained as he decipher where he had hit him. Take a wild guess.

"It was an accident you moron! It wasn't my fault, you started it!" Kiba folded his arms. "If you didn't block my attack and accept that ANBU are important then you could've been a happy man by now."

Naruto's eye twitched upon hearing his feedback. "Well this couldn't happen if you just admitted that you lost!" He huffed as he added. "And I didn't hit you there, I punched you at the gut!"

"Same thing man, it both hurts when someone punches it. You're just overreacting." Kiba waved his hand dismissively.

"Why you-"

...

Lee slumped as he left the room. "I am defeated." He then stood up straightly and bowed towards Chouji. "I am honored to be in an eating contest with you Chouji-san. Because I lost, I will do 1000 laps before I sleep!"

Chouji shook his head. "It's okay, you don't have to-"

"NONSENSE!" Lee stretched his hand towards Chouji as a sign to stop. Tears of exultation escapde his eyes and he pumped his fist up. "This is for the power of youth! Goodbye and be safe my youthful friends!" Then he dashed off to his exercise.

Chouji rubbed the back of his head. "I didn't even do much..." He just let the thought go and began walking back to his home.

...

"Ready to go?" Tenten asked Ino as she gave a confirming nod.

"Wait up!" Kiba shouted while waving his arms to call the girls' attention with Akamaru beside him. "Can me and Akamaru join you ladies?" He ran to them just as Naruto waited for someone and he scooted.

"Why?" Tenten moved over before Ino could even open her mouth.

Kiba sent a smug expression after shrugging when an idea was produces in his brain. He pointed his thumb at his chest. "Because I'm a gentleman!" He exclaimed with pride.

Akamaru barked in diagreement as Kiba shushed him which made Ino and Tenten let out a chortle.

"So, can we...?"

"Of course!" Ino answered with no hesitation as Tenten forced herself to elude from laughing, much to Kiba's exhilaration because of their approval.

Tenten was included in the very few people that knew about Ino's crush on the Inuzuka. Even though Ino does not want to admit it or in other words, as Sakura would like to call it, 'the stage of denial' it was pretty much obvious if you are an expert in observing unless you are dense as Kiba.

On their way to their destination, they talked about various topics while they enjoy each other's company. When Tenten took her leave, because her house was the nearest, Kiba still insisted to guide Ino on her way home despite her protests.

Unlocking her door, Tenten went inside the house and checked her sister's room only to see Rina sleeping soundlessly. She smiled slightly at the sight. Walking towards her own room, she looked over to the window.

Tenten's lips formed into a grin once she spotted ehr two friends walking away together. They looked like a couple but acting as if they were best friends. With that aspect, memories came flaunting back then she exhalde ponderously.

"I miss you..." She closed her eyes before an image of her first and only love appeared. "...Neji."

\\..~**~..//

Frankly, Sakura was in an unpleasant situation. Only she and Sasuke remained because it was her shift to watch over him. Not in a stalking manner but for supervision since he was under surveillance.

To add up the uncomfortable atmosphere, it looked like Sasuke does not have a plan in talking to her. She even wonders if he knew that she was there.

"Let's go." He spoke softly and started walking. Does he even know where she lives?

"Oh he knows that I still exist. How nice." Sakura thought in sarcasm as she caught up with his pace.

Stars were twinkling while the circular moon shined brightly up at the dark sky. The moon was following her as if glaring her, demanding her to start a conversation. Most people were sleeping by this time so the two walked in silence, though Sakura's mind was clouded with questions.

Should I talk to him?

Or should I keep quiet?

Will he get mad if I talk?

Does he still hate me?

Will he still accept me as a teammate?

Does he want those memories back as well?

What should I do?

What. The. Hell. Should. I. do?

"Hi."

Well that came out of nowhere.

Sakura averted her gaze at the ground as if it was the most unique thing in the world and highly avoided Sasuke's sight. She was so embarrassed yet felt stupid at the same time.

"Hn." Sasuke returned with a curt nod.

Great, now what?

"Since when did those two become close?"

Sakura heard Sasuke say. She glanced up to see Naruto surprising Hinata with a sunflower just as she blushed in deep shades of crimson then accepted the gift. Then the couple walked forward together, hand-in-hand.

She smiled warmly at the view. "Didn't you know they're dating?" It was nice to know that he continued the conversation despite their misunderstandings. They took the opposite way as a shortcut while Naruto and Hinata walked the other way to the Hyuuga residence.

"Didn't know he could ask a girl out."

They took a left turn and walked straight.

"Believe it or not, they are dating." Sakura grinned in the thought of the cute couple. Naruto really deserved someone like Hinata to love him as much as he loved her.

Shooking his head, Sasuke answered. "Last time I checked he was in love with you."

That caught Sakura off guard but she kept her composure and straighten her posture then it was her turn to turn her head sideways. "That was years ago." She defended. "Time has changed, Sasuke-kun." Sakura replied at the same moment she thought in a deplorable manner. "A lot has changed..." 

"I suppose so." Sasuke responded as silence took over then they finally reached her apartment.

Let the awkwardness begin.

\\..~**~..//

The brunnette wiped off the tears that was coming out of her eyes while she sniffed. She really misses Neji and she could not replace him with another man. Instead, she promised to give her beloved sister, Rina, a better and happy life as a ninja. That was her only goal in her life. As long as Rina will be good, then that's all Tenten needed to claim happiness.

Alas, her thoughts about the love of her life could not leave her mind. Her eyes wandered around her room and it darted at a kunai. It wasn't any other kunai that she had. It was the kunai that Neji had given her way back their academy days.

>>FLASHBACK<<

Tenten was having her first battle in the academy. They were just partnered up randomly and they were going to fight as practice. She was still having trouble with manipulating chakra so it was hard for her to use ninjutsu nor genjutsu. Her taijutsu skills, however, were good but not that good enough to achieve her standards.

What will she do now?

Her dream is to be a famous kunoichi in the future, to be adored by the villagers and ninjas, to be admired by the future children and to be skilled in self-defense. But how will she accomplish that if she doesn't have a special ability?

"You're my partner, right?"

A voice disturbed her thoughts as she glanced up. She saw a boy, around 12 years old which was her age, who had a long hair and pearl eyes. He was known as the strongest of the batch so far. He was Hyuuga Neji, fawned by fangirls and envied by boys. She was totally out of her league.

Tenten nodded reluctantly due to shyness. "Yes Hyuuga-san, my name is-"

"Tenten. We've been in the same class for years, I already know your name." Neji told her in a kind yet stoic manner.

It shocked Tenten that he actually knows her name, but it didn't bother her that much because she was still thinking about her skills and it was practice time.

"Okay, let's start?" Tenten questioned as she positioned her fighting stance.

Neji followed her and prepared into his battle position. "Hn."

Neji started off attacking with the use of taijutsu and Tenten blocked his hits perfectly. When Neji shifted to his back to give a kick on Tenten's stomach, Tenten ducked her head down and took the opportunity to punch him in the face but only to be countered by Neji's right arm just as he turned.

After a while of giving attacks and blocks, both of them took a step back and panted while Neji thought it was time to use his technique. He activatde his Byakugan and charged towards Tenten as they used hand-to-hand combat once again but this time, Neji connected chakra strings whenever Tenten blocks his attacks in which he expected and she was falling into his trap easily.

When they stepped back once again, Neji worked his magic. He locked Tenten with the use of his chakra strings, to which he utilizes his chakra. Tenten squirmed in his grip as she reached out to something.

"You've lost." Neji curved his lips into a smirk then used the Gentle Fist as the end of the battle.

Although, he stopped. He stopped his tracks because he saw Tenten on the ground, free from his grasp. How did that happen? Neji deactivated his Byakugan and recalled what had happened. He saw one kunai cutting through all of his chakra strings. Tenten was laying at the ground while catching her breath and saw his kunai not far from where they fought. Then Neji noticed his kunai was gone from his weapon pouch and Tenten left her pouch inside the classroom.

"You took my kunai?" Neji asked Tenten, picking up the weapon then walked towards her.

Tenten scratched the back of her head sheepishly. "Yeah, sorry about that. I sort of panicked so I took your kunai when I felt the strings."

She probably took his kunai while he was busy connecting the strings or attacking her.

Neji crouched down to her level with a questioning look. "You felt the chakra strings?"

"I'm not that good in using chakra so I know whenever I use them or not." She shrugged like it was not a big thing.

Neji nodded in understanding as he held out his hand when he stood up. "You're good in aiming and handling weapons. Guess that's your expertise?"

Tenten took his hand and Neji pulled up her weight as she stood up. "I-I think so. Thanks." Just about Tenten was about to leave for lunch, Neji spoke.

"Here, take it."

Tenten blinked twice before looking up to him, he was smiling smugly. "What's this for?"

"I am positive that your specialty is handling weapons, so I give this to you as a remembrance." Neji opened his hand which revealed his kunai.

"You sure?" Tenten asked to which Neji nodded while she hesitantly earned the kunai. "Thank you, Neji-san!"

"You're welcome." Neji responded and starting that day, they became training partners ever since.

Better? They were in the same team and became very good friends.

That's how she found her strongest skill. Also, how she found the love of her life.

>>END OF FLASHBACK<<

It has been more than five years and she still couldn't forget that moment. It may be silly of foolish of her but she kept the kunai as a treasure up until now.

Even if her beloved one does not live in their world anymore, he is still the reason why she wakes up everyday and be a better person.

She finally grinned with true joy as she took a last glance of the kunai and brought the covers of her bed up. "Thank you Neji..."

In a split of a second, she was able to enter the land of dreams.

END OF CHAPTER 5

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

UNEDITED//PUBLISHED.10.20.14.//

Thanks for reading :) Don't forget to vote and comment ^_^ Follow me if you want to be updated about this story :)

And I am VERY sorry for the slow updates :'(

~TheSketcher

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 589 28
The 5th Great Ninja war had ended and Konoha now once again lives in an era of peace. Sarada had still planned on becoming Hokage and she was unmoved...
76.7K 2.4K 6
Hinata Uzumaki is the beautiful wife of the almighty Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. That's all she ever wanted. For years until his proposal, she could onl...
5.6K 447 12
[dropped] ┊⁀➷ Sakura Haruno x Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha " when god decides to fuck with someone , he goes all out " ...
189K 4.6K 24
-DISCONTINUED🚫 Naruto finally fulfilled the promise he gave to his first crush, Sakura. To bring their teammate back to Konoha, and bring him back h...