Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

By Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... More

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 29 - The Rescue
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 40 - The Answer Is
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 47 - New York, New York
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1

2K 95 7
By Cocoa47

Kam's POV

We arrived back in Florida safely after spending the past couple of weeks watching Braelyn while Layla and Ryan were on their honeymoon. I promised Layla I would call. So, I did.

"Hey, mama, we made it back to Florida."

"I am glad you all made it back safe. Thanks for calling."

"You're welcome. Are you coming with Braelyn in November?"

"I think I will. I am starting to really like Florida."

"Can't wait to see you."

"Me too. Braelyn said to tell you hi, and she is blowing you a kiss."

"Aww, hi, sweetie. And I am blowing her a kiss back. Talk to you later, Layla."

"Talk to ya later, Kam." Then, I hung up the phone.

I turned around to see that everyone was off the plane except for me.

"Everyone is already in the trucks."

"Okay. I need help getting up."

Cris grabbed my hands and pulled me up out of the seat. Then, we walked off the plane to my Escalade.

****************************

One month later

It is now the 3rd week of November. Today is the day of our maternity photoshoot that Marco scheduled for us.

Thank goodness it is later this evening. I feel increasingly tired now that I have exactly one more month to go, and my babies will be born. And I waddle slower than before. I hope this maternity shoot is not long.

Thank goodness there was a bench in our shower because my back was hurting.

"Kamea, are you okay in there?" Cris came into the bathroom to check on me.

"No. My back is killing me. And it feels like the twins are wrestling in my stomach."

Cris turned off the water. Then, he grabbed a towel.

"Here, dry yourself off, and I will go grab your robe."

I slowly stood up and dried myself off. Cris even brought me some underwear to put on and helped me with it.

"Thanks, handsome."

"You're welcome. The photo shoot is not until later, so lay down and get some rest. I will give you a massage first."

"Okay." I went to lay on our bed, on my side. Cris worked his magic on my back.

"Oh, my goodness, that feels great. And they even stopped their wrestling match in my belly."

Cris' POV

"You're welcome." Within 5 minutes, Kamea was out like a light. I went to check on my emails from the winery and both clubs. I found the perfect locale for another club here in Miami. The grand opening will be in February.

Kamea doesn't know it, but we are going to have another baby shower for her this weekend. Layla, Braelyn, Ryan, Sean, and Austin are coming, not just for a visit, but to surprise her for the party. Ryan and Marco are the brave souls to keep Layla and Kamea out of the house while we decorate.

Though Layla is only three months pregnant, this shower is for her too. We didn't buy anything gender-specific, though. Layla and Ryan find out in December what they are having.

After checking my emails, it was time to pick up the kids from school. After leaving my home office, I went to check on Kamea. She was still asleep. I didn't wake her up, so I went to find Jake.

Jake was outside, swimming in the pool. "Hey Jake, I am going to pick up the twins. I will be back shortly."

"Sure, Cris. I'll dry myself off and go inside the house."

"Thanks." We are a truck family. Kamea has a white Escalade, and I have a black one. I grabbed my keys and made my way to the twins' school.

*****************************

It was a short drive - about 10 minutes. I told them to wait in their classroom until someone came to pick them up. The teacher is really nice, and she stays with them until Jake, Kamea, Kalani, my parents, Marco, Noeli, or myself come to get them.

"Daddy!" They both screamed and ran over to hug me.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kline."

"It's not a problem at all, Mr. Fiore. That is what I am here for. I treat my class like they are my grandkids. I enjoy having the twins in my class. They are very friendly and outgoing."

Just like Alicia was. She would be very proud of them. "Thank you, Mrs. Kline. That means a lot to me. Say goodbye, Día and Rocco."

"Bye!"

"Goodbye, kids. And, see you both tomorrow."

Before we even made it to my truck, some parent approached us - meaning a desperate mother who needed to put on more clothes. I cut her off before she could say one word.

"Lady, I am happily married with another set of twins due next month. So, no, thank you, not interested, and don't approach me again. Have a nice day."

Once the kids were strapped in their seats, I got in the truck, and we headed home.

*****************************

By the time we made it home, Marco was pulling up in his rental vehicle. I unbuckled Día and Rocco from their seats, then they got out and ran over to Marco.

"Uncle Marco! Uncle Marco!"

"Where is Aunt Noel?"

"She is coming the weekend."

"Yay!"

"Come on, let's go inside to see mommy and Jake."

Kamea must have heard me open the door because she said, "I am in the living room."

Kam's POV

"How was school today?"

"It was good, mommy."

"Some lady tried to talk to daddy," Rocco says.

"Oh, she did, did she?"

"Yes, but daddy told her to go away because daddy loves the woman of his dreams who is about to give birth to our babies." Cris came over and kissed me on my cheek and winked.

"Good, daddy. Mommy would love to reward daddy, but I just don't have the energy anymore. My body is really tired."

"There will be plenty of time, two months after the twins are born. I can wait, love."

"Thank you, handsome."

"Día and Rocco, let's go get you both some lunch."

"Okay, daddy." Then they walked out of the room.

"Thank you, Jake, for sitting with me."

"You're welcome, Kam."

Marco's POV

"Kam, the magazine said if you were not up to doing the photoshoot, they could cancel it. They know you are close to giving birth to Bella and Kekoa."

"Oh no. I still want to do it. I think it is going to be fun."

"Okay. I'll be right back."

I went into the kitchen to talk with Cris for a bit. "I hope the surprise today does not send Kam into labor. She seems like she really is tired."

"Me neither. Kamea is tired. I can tell by the way she walks and she has been sitting up in the bed quite often due to lack of sleep. But, she will love both surprises."

Kam's uncles said they couldn't make the photo shoot, but they will be here this weekend for the baby shower. Kalani, my mom and dad, Marissa, Andre, Tamia, Alessandra, Tony, and the kids - Stefano and Lucia - will be at the studio to surprise Kam.

"And don't forget Layla. She is going to be surprised too. You know my friend in New York, Shane Landes?"

"Yeah, I do. He is a cool dude."

"His new assistant is friends with both Layla and Ryan. Ryan was like a brother to her while they were in college. And Layla was a childhood friend. They are coming this weekend."

"That is awesome, Cris. Plenty of surprises this weekend for both ladies."

"They both deserve it."

"Finished eating, daddy."

"Okay. Go watch tv with mommy, and I will clean up."

Cris' POV

"Hey Marco, once I am done with the dishes, can you help me get the twins dressed? I'll take care of Dia. Both Día and Kamea have matching t-shirts for the shoot."

"Of course." We cleaned up the dishes, then headed to the living room.

"Rocco, follow your Uncle Marco so you can get changed. And, princess, follow me so I can help you get changed. Momma, do you need help getting up from the couch?"

Kamea didn't even try. "Yes, I need a boost."

I walked over to her. "Give me your hands." She gave me her hands, and then I gently pulled her up.

"Ouch!"

"Are you okay?"

"I think I felt a contraction."

I got on my knees and started rubbing Kamea's belly, "Listen, Isabella and Kekoa, be good in there for your mommy and me, okay?"

I hope and pray she does not go into labor early, especially after today or this weekend. "Come on, love."

I grabbed her hands and walked behind Kamea to massage her back while she waddled upstairs. "You have the cutest waddle I have ever seen."

Kam's POV

"I thought so too. I can't wait to be twins with my princess tonight."

I had t-shirts made especially for my princess and me. And matching shirts for Cris and Rocco. Our shirts say, 'The Fiore Girls,' and they are pink for Isabella. Cris and Rocco have blue shirts, and theirs say, 'The Fiore Boys' for Kekoa.

"The twins are downstairs. You okay, sweetheart?"

"Not, really. They are very active today."

I was dressed but just sat on our bed, rubbing my big belly. Cris came over and got on his knees. "I can tell you both are going to be troublemakers, just like your dad. Be good for your mommy today, okay?" Then, Cris started rubbing my belly and kissed it.

"I wasn't a saint either when I was a kid. So, with Bella and Kekoa, we are getting a dose of what our parents had with us."

"I am getting you a lower SUV or a car - which one do you want?"

"Ugh, do we have to? Too bad my Rover isn't here."

"Sweetheart, you are tired. We will get you a Range Rover for Florida. Tomorrow, after I drop the twins at kindergarten, we are getting you one. And don't start fussing about it."

I sighed. "Okay. Thanks."

Cris kissed my forehead. "You're welcome, Mommy." Cris then stood up and asked, "Do you need help standing up?"

"Yes." I gave Cris my hands, and he helped me up. "Before we leave, I need something to eat."

"Let's go to the kitchen." Cris held my hand while we walked downstairs. Once in the kitchen, I sat at the table. "What would you like to eat?" Cris said while opening the fridge.

"Handsome, we don't have time for what I want to eat. A sandwich is fine."

"Okay. One sandwich coming up." Princess Día came up next to me.

"Mommy, can I touch your tummy today?" I grabbed her hands and put them on my belly. Princess had the biggest smile on her face and said, "I felt something, mommy!!"

"You felt them kick, princess. They are ready to come out and meet their big sister." Cris sat my sandwich on the table. "Thanks."

"Can I hold them when they come out?"

"Of course, you can." After I ate my sandwich, we left for the maternity shoot.

*********
Cris' Pov

Kamea wanted to drive. So, I let her. I am hoping she doesn't drive like she did when we were in New York. Surprisingly, she didn't.

My parents have a surprise too. They found a house right around the corner from us. It is very spacious. Between our house and theirs, everyone will be staying with us.

"How come Marco didn't ride with us?"

"He is making another stop after the photo shoot." When we pulled up to the studio, I saw my parents' rental vehicle, as well as Tony and Alessandra's rental vehicle.

"Little help getting out." I helped Kamea get out first. Then, we both unbuckled Día and Rocco's seat belts. After that, we walked inside to the receptionist's desk.

***************************

"Mr. & Mrs. Fiore, welcome. Follow me, please. Everything is set up for your shoot. Mrs. Fiore, if you need a break or something to eat or drink, let the photographer know."

"Okay, thank you."

As soon as we walked into the room, a curtain was dropped, and everyone yelled, "SURPRISE!!"

When Kamea saw everyone, especially her father, she burst into tears. Her dad came over and hugged her. Kamea buried her face in her father's chest.

Kam's POV

"Hey, sweetheart, how are you feeling?"

"I'm tired, daddy. These babies are wearing me out."

"Not too tired to drive crazy, though. And, the kids were in her truck too."

I glared daggers at Cris for bringing that up. But my dad also gave me a dirty look.

"You just had to bring that up, didn't you?" My dad went full name on me.

"Kamea Malia Fiore, what were you doing driving crazy?"

"Uh, see, daddy, we were in New York, babysitting Braelyn. We ran into traffic on I-95. I asked the people nicely if I could get over. But niceness didn't work. So, I took matters into my own hands."

"That's it? Cris, she has done worse than that. Believe me, I know because I taught her how to drive."

I stuck my tongue out at Cris, and he smirked. I went to hug everyone, especially Isabela and Noeli.

"Hi, Marissa and Andre! I miss you guys! When are you coming to visit Florida? Well, besides today."

"We will definitely be back in December when the twins are born. We miss you too."

"Can we get the photoshoot started? My feet are killing me."

"Okay. First, let's start with mother and daughter with the cute pink t-shirts."

My back was starting to hurt, so I waddled slowly, with my hand on my back, and sat in the chair. Princess stood in between my legs. She gave me a kiss when the photographer snapped the picture.

Then, Cris and Rocco took a picture together.

After them, it was just the four of us. They had me sit on Cris' lap, and he whispered, "You know you are in trouble tonight, right?"

"Yup. I sure do. I'll find some energy from somewhere."

Cris and I took a picture with just the two of us. Again, I was sitting on his lap, and he started rubbing my belly. We started kissing each other, which led to, "Cris and Kam, there are four kids here, remember?"

"Oops." That was all that I could say. Noeli, my dad, and I took one. I started feeling sad because my mom was not here to share this moment.

I took one with Isabela, which I will cherish very much because she is my mother.

I took one with Marco and Cris. Those two are clowns when they get together.

Andre, Marissa, and I took one too.

I took one with the grandpas - my dad and Antonio.

I took a picture with Alessandra and Tony.

The next to the last one was with my kids, Stefano and Lucia.

The last picture is of everyone. "Thank goodness. I am tired and hungry."

Marco's contact came into the studio.

"Thank you, Mr. & Mrs. Fiore. You have a beautiful, photogenic family. The pictures turned out great. Which picture would you like to use for the cover?"

Cris says, "You choose, love."

"For the cover, I love the one with my husband and me." Then, I asked Cris, "Are you okay with the kids being in the magazine, being in the public eye?"

"It is okay. Día and Rocco will be fine as long as Marco, mom, dad, Kalani, and Noeli are with them."

"You mean Nonna and Nonno are moving to Florida?"

"Cris, thanks a lot. You ruined our surprise. Yes, honey, Antonio and I have moved into a very spacious house just around the corner. Honey, if you need us, we will be there."

"That's right, Kamea. We were hoping for another daughter, and we got one. We will be here to help you, sweetheart."

"I love you both, Antonio and Isabela. The rest of the pictures are also okay as well."

"Okay. And we have your interviews already in place. Your family will receive a portion of the sale of each magazine. The issue will come out in the middle of December. We also have some gifts for you waiting to be placed in your car. They are in the lobby."

"Aww, thank you so much. My family and I appreciate it. I had fun with the shoot today."

"Have a good evening, everyone."

Then I waddled, and everyone walked to the receptionist area, it was a massive amount of gifts for the twins - clothes, diapers, toys, etc. There was even some for princess and Rocco. It was so much that it took all 4 SUVs and 20 minutes to load. I could feel the tears about to burst from my eyes.

"Cris, can you drive the rental truck? I want to talk to Isabela."

"Of course I will, love," Cris says, then he told us where we are going to eat. Then, Isabela came over and rode with me.

While on the way to the restaurant, "I wanted to ask you something that would mean the world to me." I felt the tears slowly coming down my cheeks. I was driving, so I couldn't wipe them.

"My doctor said I can have two people in the delivery room with me. I would have asked my mom to be there with Cris and me. I can never forget how you stood up for me against my grandmother. I really cherish that so much. So, I wanted to ask if you would be there with me?"

Isabela's POV

I felt honored that Kamea wanted me to be there with her. "Of course I will. I always thought of you as my daughter, never an in-law. That happened the moment Antonio, and I saw you in the hospital as Cris' Dietitian. He loved you, and so did we. You brought so much love and joy to Cris and the twins. I am forever grateful to you for that."

When Kamea pulled into a parking space and turned off the engine, she could not contain her crying. So, I unbuckled the twins' seat belts. Then, I went to Kamea to help her out. She gave me the biggest hug and cried.

"Thank you so much for that chat because I needed that. Today after I felt a contraction and now that I only have one month left, I am excited and scared. I am afraid of dying and missing my kids' grow-up, Isabela. I don't want to die."

"Let it out, sweetheart. I am here for you." Cris and Antonio immediately came over when they saw Kamea crying.

"Honey, don't worry yourself, okay? Cris and I will be there for you, understand? And, call me 'momma.'"

"I'll try, momma." Poor baby. She is really hurting.

Cris' POV

"Son, trade places with me. And, take the rental truck. You and Kamea need some time alone. She is terrified that she is going to die and won't see the kids. Kamea honey, where are your keys? We will drive her Escalade and take the twins. We will pick up some clothes, then take them to our house."

My mother and I traded, so now I was hugging Kamea. Kamea handed my mother her bag so she could grab the keys. Then, she gave it back.

"Día and Rocco, go with Nonna and Nonno to the restaurant. And, behave for daddy."

"Okay, daddy." They looked sad when they saw Kamea crying because she was hysterical. I started rubbing Kamea's back to try and calm her down. After 5 minutes, she started talking.

"I asked your mom if she would be in the delivery room with us. What she told me touched me so much that I lost it. Then, I started thinking about my mother and how the twins lost Alicia. I am happy and scared at the same time. I don't want to die and miss my babies, Cris."

Tears started coming down my eyes because I had never seen Kamea so heartbroken.

"That contraction I felt earlier scared me too. I don't want to die. I want to see my babies grow up. I want us to have more babies. You are the only one I want to have kids with. I love kids, and I want to see all of them grow up. I can't do that if I die. I don't feel like going inside the restaurant."

"How about we go home and order something out to eat? But, sweetheart, I need you to calm down and don't stress yourself."

******

After ordering dinner, I went to comfort my queen. I heard Kamea's phone ringing. It was her new friend, Bliss.

******

Bliss - "Hi, Cris. Thanks for letting Shane and I stay at your parent's home. What is the address? And is Kam okay?"

I explained to Bliss what had happened. Kamea and Bliss have become really great friends, so that is why I told her.

Bliss - "Do you mind if we come earlier? I already checked with Shane, and he said it is okay. We can come tomorrow."

Cris - "I think Kamea would like that."

I gave Bliss both addresses, and then we said goodbye and hung up the phone.

******

"Kamea love, Bliss and Shane are coming down tomorrow. You haven't met Shane, so I'll introduce you. And I'll call Layla too if you would like me to."

I looked over in the lounge chair, and Kamea had fallen asleep. I hate to wake her, but she needs to eat. I'll wait until the food comes to wake her.

Now that Kamea is one month away from giving birth, I think a lot about what happened to Alicia. Alicia didn't even get a chance to hold Día or Rocco. If anything happens to Kamea during labor, I don't think I can live anymore. So, I understand her worries. But I have to stay strong for my family.

About 30 minutes later, the food was delivered. I left it in the kitchen but fixed Kamea and me a plate, then took both plates upstairs. Sometimes it is hard to wake up, but this time she wasn't.

"The food came, and I fixed you a plate."

"Thanks."

"Before you fell asleep, Bliss called. Bliss and Shane are coming tomorrow instead of Friday. From what I understand, she lost both of her parents. She said if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, she will be there for you."

"Thanks. I am so glad you introduced us. We became friends really fast. I like her a lot and can't wait to meet her tomorrow." That made her smile, and I was ecstatic to see that.

"Let's eat, love. The twins are staying with Nonna and Nonno. It is just going to be us tonight."

"Okay. I love you, Cris."

While eating our dinner, we watched a few comedy movies. We watched 'Robin Hood: Men In Tights.' Kamea loves that one. And we watched a few others.

After a couple of movies, she fell fast asleep. So, I carried her to our bed. Then, after turning off the tv, lying next to her, and cuddling with her, I fell asleep.

******************************

The next day, Bliss and Shane arrived later in the afternoon. You would have thought that Bliss and Kamea knew each other for a long time - they hugged, laughed, and cried.

Marco even came over, and Bliss blushed like crazy.

I introduced Bliss and Shane to my parents, Kamea's dad, and everyone that came.

Kamea perked up so much while Bliss was there with her. I thanked Bliss and Shane for coming early and cheering my queen up.

Rocco declared that girls are pretty again. He went over to tap Bliss and said, "You're pretty." And he followed her almost everywhere. Everyone got a chuckle out of that.

When Friday came, Bliss and Shane stayed with my parents because Layla, Braelyn, Ryan, Austin, and Sean were staying with us. Speaking of, they are on their way now.

*****************

Friday afternoon

Kam's POV

"Hey, momma, Cris told me what happened. I'm so sorry I couldn't be here, but I am here for you now."

"Auntie!!" Braelyn came over and gave me a great, big hug.

"Hey, Lollipop. How is my girl doing?"

"I'm fine, Aunt Kam. I missed you."

"And I missed you too. Hi Ryan, Austin, and Sean. Thank you, guys, for coming."

"You're welcome, Kam. It's great to see you too."

We saw Cris come in. He snuck up behind Braelyn and started tickling her. She could not stop giggling.

"Hi, Uncle Cris!" She hugged him and kissed his cheek. "I lost another tooth."

Ryan then says, "Kam and Cris, Braelyn made us all proud of her. She told a stranger off first. And, I finished it."

Cris and Braelyn traded high-fives. "Good job, Lollipop."

My kids came into the room to hug me and kiss me. Princess saw Braelyn and asked, "Can I go play with Braelyn?"

"Of course, princess." Braelyn wiggled out of Cris' arms, and they took off upstairs.

"Layla and Ryan, we have a surprise visitor that knows you both. You will meet them tomorrow. They are really excited to see you again."

"I wonder who it is?"

"I'm not telling. But they helped me make it through this week."

"Let's get you all settled in your rooms. Then, meet back here in the living room."

Once Bliss and Shane are revealed at the party, then they will switch and stay with us. Then, Layla, Bliss, and I can have girl chats about the guys. Bliss and Shane are perfect for each other. I told him that his press conference was on television here in Miami. I agreed with everything he said. I talked to Bliss on the phone until I felt tired. From what I was told, Saturday is going to be a long, fun-filled day.

*******************

Saturday morning

Cris' POV

Ryan and I spent almost two hours trying to get Layla and Kamea out of the house.

"Why are you so eager to get me out of the house?!"

"Uh, the painters are coming to paint in Jake's place. They are trying to make sure the house is ready for January so that he can move in."

Kamea glared big time." And what does that have to do with Layla and me?!"

"Uh, the paint fumes, love. We are concerned about your safety. We both want you two to have healthy babies."

"For the love of humanity, why didn't you just say so, Cris? Why are you acting so nervous? Calm down, handsome. We will go."

Phew. Marco, Ryan, and Layla were already downstairs, waiting for Kamea.

"And, just where are the kids staying?"

"They are going to be at Nonna and Nonno's house. Layla, Braelyn is going to my parent's house. Jake's place is being painted. You and Kamea are going shopping, so you don't inhale any of the fumes."

She glared at Ryan, popped his arm, and said, "Why couldn't you just say that instead of rushing me out? Here are my keys. You're driving." Then, Layla and Ryan went outside. Marco, once again, laughed at us.

"Laugh it up now, oh brother of mine. But, wait until Noeli is pregnant."

"What about me?" As if on cue, she walked into the room.

"Uh, nothing at all. Let's go, Kam." He grabbed her hand, and they left the house.

"As soon as they pull off the driveway, let's start decorating."

"Okay. The girls and I are ready. We are doing the decorating, and the guys are fixing the food, correct?"

"Yes. That is the plan."

Noeli and I looked out the window as they pulled away from the house.

"Let's go, everyone! They finally left the house."

Marissa, Noeli, Bliss, my mom, Alessandra, Día, Braelyn, and Lucia started decorating the house. Tony, myself, Kalani, Keoni, Koa, Shane, Austin, my dad, Rocco, and Stefano started the food. Rocco and Stefano were more like runners, helping the guys. Cocoa and Cam brought the cakes they made for Layla and Kamea. They helped us also.

Bliss POV

"Noel, I am sorry about blushing like a fool at your fiancé. And congratulations."

"It's okay, Bliss. And thank you. I would love to invite you to our wedding in July of next year. Just give me your address and phone number. I'll add you and your husband to the guest list."

"Oh, we are not married just yet. We just started dating. I had been very independent since I was dating age. But, one day in July, Shane told me he was going to win my heart. And he has. He gave me an engagement ring as a promise ring."

"Congratulations to you too."

"Thank you." Suddenly, running towards us, I saw Kam's daughter, but I am sure the other one was Layla's daughter. She looks like Layla's twin.

"Aunt Noel, can we help?"

"Día and Braelyn, say hello to my new friend, Ms. Bliss."

"Hi!"

"Don't you both look cute in your matching outfits? And I met Dia before. Braelyn, you are just as pretty as your mommy."

"You know my mommy?"

"Your mommy and I were friends when we were kids."

She paused for a minute. "Can I call you my auntie?"

"Of course you can, sweetie."

"Can I call you my auntie, too?" Kam's daughter asked.

"Yes, you can, sweetie."

"Let's go find your Uncle Shane." Both Día and Braelyn grabbed my hands, and we went to find Shane.

We saw him near the grill, talking with someone who looked familiar.

"That's my daddy, auntie."

Austin's POV

"Daddy! Daddy!" I turned around and saw Braelyn running my way. But I also saw Kam's daughter walking with someone very beautiful. She looks very familiar.

"Aunt Bliss, this is my daddy."

She asked, "You are Ryan's friend, Austin, right? I remember meeting you back at NYU."

By the looks of that ring on her right-hand ring finger, she is taken. "Dang."

"That's me. It is nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too. Girls, this very handsome man standing next to me is your Uncle Shane. Shane, Braelyn is Austin and Layla's daughter. And, you remember Kam's daughter, Dia?"

He shook my hand. "It's nice to meet you. And I sure do."

And the girls said, "Hi, Uncle Shane."

"Gentlemen, I'll see you later. I have to finish decorating." Bliss walked away.

I always thought she was pretty, but at the time, Ryan said she wanted nothing to do with a relationship, so I never pursued her. Then, I met Layla.

"How long have the two of you been dating?"

"It has been just two weeks. Bliss was very independent regarding relationships. But, back in July, I told her that one day I was going to win her heart. And I did. Our next step is our wedding, but no time soon."

"Dang." Layla is married to Ryan. And, now, his friend, Bliss, is dating.

Cris is about to speak.

"Can I have everyone's attention? Marco said Kamea and Layla are restless - meaning very irritated."

"That's my child, alright," Kalani said while laughing.

"They should be here within 15 minutes. And thank you all so much for coming and supporting Layla and Kamea."

"Well, that is my cue. It was nice to meet you, Austin."

"Likewise."

Kam's POV

"Ugh, Ryan Alexander Meyers, why are you stalling?!!!!!!! Get the lead out of your foot!!! I WANT TO GO HOME!!!"

"Me too, Kam. My feet are tired! And baby Meyers is tripping today."

We finally reached the house. As annoyed as I was, Marco helped me out of Layla's truck.

Once I opened the door, I didn't smell one ounce of paint. "Why did Cris lie to me?! Cristiano Amadore Fiore, where are you?!!!!!!!!!"

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

"What the heck?!!! Whoever you are, uncover my eyes now!!!!" They didn't say one word, they just guided me somewhere. The same thing happened to Layla because she was fussing too.

"Kam, we are being kidnapped!!!!"

We heard someone snickering. "There is nothing funny!!!"

I guessed we had reached our final destination because I was now sitting in a chair. Then, I heard, "Open your eyes."

"SURPRISE!!"

******************************

Thank you all for reading chapter 48.

Bliss and Shane are from my story, "Miss Independent."

Thank you all for the votes and comments. 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 289K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
2.2K 207 29
โI called and texted but you never responded, you didn't care about me and how I felt when you left. I was in pain and you weren't thereโž, my words q...
3.6K 148 35
"We agreed. If I won, you'd marry me someday." "Why'd you wanna marry me, anyhow?" I ask. "So, I can do this for the rest of our lives," he stops wal...
23.5K 830 24
[Please read Book 1: Once Upon a Summer before reading this, so you would understand. Thank you.] Last summer was quite a ride for you. You met Matt...