Beautiful Lies - Shawn Mendes

Autorstwa oliviawlxx

In the quaint town of Cefalรบ, Sicily, where everyone knows everyone, Sofia Evans, a young British student, fi... Wiฤ™cej

1. Summertime Sadness
2. Today's The Day
3. Finally Here
4. It's Good To Be Back
5. Settling In
6. Bella Vista
7. See You Around
8. Hello Again
9. At Your Service
10. Room 34
11. Stay
12. Deal
13. The Morning After
14. Excuse
15. So, About That Date
17. To A Wonderful Evening
18. Not Even Now?
19. I Have No Objections To That
20. Happy Birthday
21. Disaster
22. Are You Even Paying Attention?
23. Fallin All In You
24. Results Day
25. The Wedding
26. All Of You
27. Goodbye
28. Promise Me

16. You Don't Look So Bad Yourself

43 8 0
Autorstwa oliviawlxx

Needless to say, I barely slept that night. My mind was on overdrive with excitement, preventing me from any hope of getting some rest. I hadn't really been on dates before, obviously I went on one sometimes with Jack, but they weren't really dates. They were more just going to each other's houses and watching a film and ordering a takeaway, which was no different to our usual routine when we were together. And after we broke up, I only went on a couple of dates that some of the friends from school set up, to try and help me get over Jack.

But the funny thing was, I never needed to get over him, I was content with how our relationship ended, and I think we both knew we were better as friends: there was no intense spark of chemistry or passion in our relationship, neither was there in any of the dates my friends organised, and I thought I most likely wouldn't find it. Ever. Films, television programmes and books, set up this false persona for love, one that is always perfect, and both people always get along, which in reality, couldn't be further from the truth.

No real relationship, is without its faults. And I was adamant about this, that I would never meet someone so wonderful, and inspiring, and beautiful, that the stability with Jack was the best I was ever going to get - until I met Shawn.

Sleep usually came easy to me. When I was asleep, I was completely out of it, and wouldn't wake until late the next morning. The fact that I was struggling to drift off, was very unlike me - and it was then that I knew, how much this date obviously meant to me. I was more excited than nervous, yesterday consolidating the fact, that there was nothing to be anxious about, because when Shawn and I met, it was anything but awkward or terrible, but nonetheless small tingles seemed to flutter in my stomach every time I thought about it. My mum always said that nerves were a good sign, because it showed you truly cared, and I was starting to believe her on that one.

I looked over at my clock which read 7:30 am. I decided it better to get up and distract myself, rather than lie in bed dwelling on what i already knew in retrospect, would be an extraordinary night.

I decided to ring my mum, seeing as I hadn't spoken to her in a while. After, Shawn and I's initial meeting, when I hung up the call, I rang her back when I got home, and she didn't hesitate to ask me endless questions. At the time, not wanting to tell her about Shawn just yet, I told her, a waiter had come to collect our order. Even now, I don't think I'd tell her about him, not just yet. My mum and I got on so well, and I did tell her most things, it was just some pieces of information are better to be kept to yourself, and away from the ears of a nosey mother.

Though Italy was an hour in front of England, I knew I wouldn't be disturbing her by ringing her at this time - she was usually awake at six anyway, that was one of the only things that made us different. She was a morning person, and I was the complete opposite.

I dialled her number, and she answered within three rings.

'Hey honey! How're you? What're you doing up at this time?'

I laughed. 'I'm asking myself the same thing.'

We chatted for a good half an hour, I told to her about everything that happened with Nonna, and it turned out she had known for a while, but didn't want to say anything in case it ruined my summer. I didn't blame her to be honest, because I would've done the same thing if I were in her shoes.

We also spoke about Fliss, and how Dad and Violet were doing back at home. It felt good to talk to her again, it was strange not seeing her everyday but in truth, I wasn't really missing home - I was having too good of a time to really notice, and I knew I was going to go back, I wasn't staying away forever. Hanging up the phone, with a request to give Violet and Dad my love, I got changed and ate breakfast.

I spent the rest of the day running errands with Nonna. We visited the market, and bought what items were on her list, grabbed lunch from a homemade food stall and chatted the day away. We wound up at a small gelato place, that was essentially a stall - built into a building. We payed for our ice creams, mine being a neopoltian tub, and Nonna a pistachio cone, and began the descent back to the car.

'So do you have any plans for this evening?'

'Oh, uh yeah, actually.'

'What're you hiding? You can't get away with anything Sofia, and you know that, so tell me the truth.' My grandma stopped in her tracks, and narrowed her eyes.

'Well, I'm, I'm going out with Shawn.'

A look of excitement flooded her face 'Shawn? As in the Shawn who works at Bella Vista?You're going out on a date?!'

My face began to heat up, and I knew the redness was becoming visible. 'Well, um yeah, I suppose. But please don't tell mum because we know what she's like and I never told her about it and she'll kill me for that alone, and then even worse that it's a date with a boy..'

Nonna cut me off before I could dig myself a further hole. 'Don't worry, your secrets safe with me.' She winked, tapping her nose. 'If it was anyone else, I'd give them a stern word, nobody goes out with my granddaughter unless they have the best intentions, but because it's Shawn, I'll let him off the hook.'

'So you don't mind? You like Shawn?' I asked shocked, that she was so openly warm about Shawn so soon. It took her at least a year before she trusted Jack, let alone someone I'd known for two weeks.

'Oh Sofia! Shawn is wonderful! He's such a gentleman, and he is always so lovely and charming when he comes to pick up the cakes I often make for Bella Vista. He's almost like the son I always wanted, he's so funny as well! I know he will take good care of you tonight.' Nonna exclaimed, smiling fondly.

I suppose that was a good thing, having someone who's opinion mattered to me, already like the guy that I could potentially see.

By the time we got home, it was coming up five, which meant I had to get ready. Fliss had texted saying she would come over to do my hair, seeing as I was useless with it. I got into the shower, and throughly washed my hair, and gave my legs a shave, got out, and dried myself with a fluffy towel.

I wrapped my hair up in a turban and brushed my teeth. Walking back to my room, I began to ponder what outfit I should wear. I had no idea where we were going or what we were doing, but knowing Shawn, it wouldn't be a boring sit down dinner. I pushed open my bedroom door, and Fliss was sat, waiting on my bed.

After asking her for advice, I ended up deciding on a red, polka dot wrap dress, that had bell sleeves, and ended just below my mid thigh. As Fliss liked to put it, it was 'Classy, yet sexy for a lady on the streets but a freak between the sheets.' I had to hit her over the head for that one.

She laid the outfit out on my bed, paired with gladiator platform sandals. And whilst she thought I wasn't looking, she placed the sauciest matching pair of underwear I owned on top. I rolled my eyes - there were two types of people.

She sat me in front of the mirror and began to mess with my hair. I left her to it, knowing her ideas would be better than mine. I began on my makeup, I didn't want to overdo it, because I hardly wore make up anyway, apart from if I had a blemish - but luckily I hadn't had one of those in a while. Applying neutral eyeshadow, mascara, highlighter, and a bit of lipstick, was the most I could ever be bothered to do, and so I did that. An hour later, my hair had been blowdried and was now full of loose, beach curls. They were simple, yet added volume to my long hair. I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with how I looked.

'You don't scrub up bad.' Fliss admired her handy work, fixing the strands of hair into place with spray.

Fliss left me to get changed, and went to go talk to Nonna. I picked up the lace bra and thong, giving them a glance over before tossing them back into my drawer. I laughed to myself, there would be another time for those. Instead, I pulled out a nude bra, that wasn't particularly pretty, comfort was always key, and a pretty pair of pants. They covered everything, but had a black lace trim.

I dropped my towel, and put on my underwear, followed by my outfit. Finishing the tie of my sandal around my lower leg, I straightened up, and looked in the mirror. I actually looked good. The dress, was smart casual, so perfect for whatever Shawn had planned, and my makeup was simple yet perfect, I wanted it to enhance my appearance, not change it completely.

I grabbed a small black, leather satchel and stuffed my phone, my house keys, a pack of gum, and some money inside of it. I was getting even more and more excited as the clock ticked closer. The door opened, and Fliss entered.

'Woah, Soph, you look gorgeous. He won't know what to do with himself.' She pulled me into an embrace, careful not to crush my curls.
'I'm taking Nonna out for dinner now so she can't embarrass you when he arrives.'

Amused, I replied 'Thank you Fliss. You truly are the best cousin.'

She made her way back to the exit, 'Have an amazing time tonight, don't do anything I wouldn't do.' Fliss winked, and was out the door.

Hearing the front door shut, along with Nonna's pleas to stay, a couple of minutes later, I went to wait in the kitchen. The time was 6:55 which meant Shawn would almost be here. I couldn't wait to find out what he had planned. I was excited to get to know him even better than what I already did.

A knock on the door sounded, and I smoothed down my dress and went to open it. Taking a deep breath, I pulled it wide to reveal Shawn standing there, clad in his usual black skinny jeans that clung to his thighs in the most appealing way. A white t-shirt adorned his chest, with a dark turquoise short sleeve shirt, left unbuttoned. All in all, he looked incredible.

His eyes widened as he took in what I was wearing. 'Woah Soph, you look absolutely stunning.'

I blushed, feeling flattered by his compliment. 'You don't look so bad yourself either.'

'Shall we?' He extended his hand which I gladly took, and it didn't take long before our fingers had interlaced and the heat of his palm was pressed against my own.

'I look forward to seeing what you have planned.' I remarked, as we walked to his car.

'Well you won't be disappointed.' He grinned, looking down at me.

To my disappointment, he pulled his hand away, to open my car door.

'Why thank you.' I said, getting into the car.

'Anything for you.' He winked.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door, a smile growing on my face.

Putting on my seatbelt, Shawn opened his door and got into the drivers seat.

'So where to?' I asked, becoming slightly impatient. I was desperate to know.

'For me to know, and for you to find out.' He turned to look at me, a smug smile resting on his face.

The engine started and we began to drive to the mystery destination, making easy conversation as we drove, yet something seemed different about it. Something more flirtatious. And I didn't mind that one bit.

————————————————————————

AN - Woahhh, this is my longest chapter to date. I had planned to write about the actual date itself as well, but this one is already very long and it's 2:00 am here in the UK, and I'm getting tired. I hope you all enjoy though, and if you did don't forget to vote!

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

904K 41.4K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
191K 8.3K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
512K 16.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...