Irreplaceable (BWWM - Book #1...

By Cocoa47

Kamea Palu surprises her boyfriend, Reed, of three years on their anniversary only to find out he is cheatin... More

Chapter 1 - Caught In The Act
Chapter 2 - The Breakup
Chapter 3 - First Impressions - Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Impressions - Part 2
Chapter 5 - Who Are You?
Chapter 6 - Trouble Is Brewing
Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!
Chapter 8 - You Are A Wanted Man, Reed!
Chapter 9 - Kamea, Please Wake Up!
Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead
Chapter 11 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 12 - Trust
Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?
Chapter 14 - Getting Better
Chapter 15 - Welcome Back, Sweetheart
Chapter 16 - It's Official
Chapter 17 - First Date - Part 1
Chapter 18 - First Date - Part 2
Chapter 19 - The First Night
Chapter 20 - Rivals Meet
Chapter 21 - Not Again
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Long Time No See
Chapter 24 - Drama Drama Drama
Chapter 25 - Guess Who Is In Town
Chapter 26 - Trip to Italy
Chapter 27 - He's Here Too?
Chapter 28 - New Love & Trouble
Chapter 29 - The Rescue
Chapter 30 - The Bachelorette Party
Chapter 31- The Wedding is Here
Chapter 32 - Reception Time
Chapter 33 - Devastated
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde
Chapter 35 - Repast Trouble & The Gender Reveal
Chapter 36 - Miranda Is Back
Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1
Chapter 38 - Wedding #2?
Chapter 39 - Trip to Milan
Chapter 40 - The Answer Is
Chapter 41 - He Is At It Again
Chapter 42 - What Happened To Layla
Chapter 43 - Layla's Bodyguard Arrives
Chapter 44 - It's Showtime
Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time
Chapter 46 - Back to Jamaica We Go
Chapter 48 - Baby Shower #2 Part 1
Chapter 49 - Baby Shower #2 Part 2
Chapter 50 - The Babies Are Coming
Chapter 51 -Isabella and Kekoa Are Here
Chapter 52 - Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 53 -The Grand Openings
Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary
Chapter 55 - The Wedding Is Here
Chapter 56 - Going Back To Cali - Part One
Chapter 57 - Going Back To Cali Part Two
Chapter 58 - Going Back To Cali Part Three
Chapter 59 - Trouble In NYC
Author's Note
Chapter 60 - Terror and Surprise
Chapter 61 - Baby On The Way
Chapter 62 - Who Was Kidnapped?!
Chapter 63 - Where Are They?
Chapter 64 - Good Riddance To Chase
Chapter 65 - Back Together Again
Author's Note
Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?
Chapter 67 - It's A Party!
Chapter 68 - Uh-Oh Part 1
Chapter 69 - Uh Oh Part 2
Epilogue

Chapter 47 - New York, New York

1.6K 94 12
By Cocoa47

Kam's POV

Cris and I are on our way to see Austin. And guess what I found in Jamaica? A place that sells pickle milkshakes, and I got one. I looked over at Cris, who was staring at me while at a traffic light. "Stop tuning your face up."

"What? I didn't say anything."

"Your facial expression says enough."

Ten minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. Thank goodness Cris found a parking space close because my feet were hurting.

After parking, we walked inside. Let me rephrase that - Cris walked, and I waddled inside. We stopped at the lobby desk, and they gave us passes and Austin's room number. When we reached his room, I knocked on the door.

It was just him and Lollipop.

"Hey, Kam and Cris. Thank you both for coming. And also for bringing Braelyn back to Jamaica. I owe you both."

"It's not a problem, Austin. Hey, Lollipop."

"Hi, auntie and Uncle Cris." Braelyn ran over to Cris.

"Hey, princess."

"Kam and Cris, I really am sorry for having you all watch Braelyn. That was my responsibility, and I let my emotions get the best of me."

"Austin, Layla, and Braelyn are my family. Cris and I would do anything for them. And besides, we will get a chance to know each other better. Layla and I may not be blood sisters, but we are sisters nonetheless. We are just glad that you are okay. I was scared for her because I didn't want Braelyn to experience losing a parent like I did this year. My mom passed away in June."

"I am sorry, Kam. And I am sorry for scaring everyone. Thank you for letting Braelyn pick out the teddy bear. I love it."

"You're welcome. Besides, Braelyn and I are going to have so much fun putting makeup on Uncle Cris."

Cris' POV

"Put makeup on who?"

Austin burst out laughing after that.

"Ouch. Let me not laugh too much. Sorry, Cris."

"I had no say in the matter. But, whatever makes Braelyn happy, I will do it."

"Seriously, I can't thank you both so much for being there for Braelyn."

"You're welcome."

The door opened, and it was Layla and Ryan.

"Hey, munchkin, we got you something to eat."

"Thanks, mommy."

"Hi, Cris and Kam. Austin, Rachel, and Dylan said they are going to come back tomorrow morning."

"Thanks, Layla."

"Mommy, auntie, and I are going to play makeup with Uncle Cris."

Ryan and Austin looked at each other, then burst out laughing.

"Austin and Ryan, since the two of you find it so funny, guess what Braelyn and I are going to do to you?"

They both stopped laughing really fast.

Layla came over to me, and we traded high-fives.

"Austin, you are going to be the easy one because you won't be able to run away from us. And, you, Mr. Meyers, if you don't cooperate, I have something that will make you cooperate."

"Now, who is laughing?"

Layla, Kamea, and Braelyn had the last laugh.

*****************************

Narrator's POV

Everyone stayed in Austin's room until visiting hours were over. They all made a pact to forget about what happened because it is now in the past.

Layla and Kamea were proud of their guys. They all exchanged phone numbers. Ryan and Cris made sure to take the girls to the spa on Thursday. Overall, they had a great time.

Friday morning

Layla's POV

"Lollipop, be a good girl for Uncle Cris and Aunt Kam, okay?"

"Okay, mommy."

"Layla, are you crying?"

"I can't help it. My baby girl is growing up right before my eyes. You all have a safe flight, and we will see you in a week."

Braelyn came over and hugged me. "Don't cry, mommy. I love you."

"I love you too, my sweet 'Lollipop.'"

Then, she went to hug Ryan and kiss his cheek. "Love you, Ryan."

"I love you too, Braelyn. Have a good time."

"Sweetie, it is time for us to board the plane. See you later, Layla and Ryan. Enjoy your honeymoon."

Braelyn and Kam got on Cris' family jet.

"Thank you, Cris, for everything."

"You're welcome, Layla."

Then, Cris got on the jet. Ryan and I walked back to a safe distance so that we could watch the plane take off towards' New York. Once the plane was out of sight, we walked back to our truck.

"Come on, sugar. Let's go have fun creating a sibling for Braelyn. I am ready for another child." 

We both took off and ran to our truck. Then, we made our way back to our suite.

********************************************

Kam's POV

"Handsome, when we land in New York, on the way to the house, can we stop at..?"

"Yes, we can stop for a pickle slushie. And we can get something for the kids and Marco too. They have already landed and are waiting for us. I am going to text him when we land."

"Okay. Look at Braelyn. She already fell asleep."

"I'll take her to the bedroom."

Three and a half hours later, we landed safely in New York. Cris called Marco to see where they were. Marco said they were standing near the front entrance with an SUV big enough for all of us.

After he talked to Marco, Cris went to pick up Braelyn. When we got off his plane, he asked one of the airport attendants if they had a cart I could ride on. They had one we could use. So, our luggage was loaded, and then we were driven to the front of the airport.

Fifteen minutes later, we made it to the front. Braelyn woke up during the ride. Once we got out of the cart, my kids ran over to us.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

"How have my little prince and princess been? Were you good for Uncle Marco?"

"Yes, mommy."

Rocco then ran over to Cris. "Dia, remember Braelyn?"

Yup, she did. She walked over to Braelyn and gave her a big hug. I snapped a picture - it was too cute.

"I'm driving. No offense Cris, but you drove me crazy driving slowly the last time. For some weird reason, I have always wanted to drive in New York traffic."

"Please, for the love of humanity, don't do anything crazy."

"Oh, I can handle these New Yorkers. Put your seat belts on back there. Um, I am going to need a boost in the driver's seat."

Marco came over and helped me up. "Thanks, Marco."

Once everyone was buckled in, we pulled off towards Brooklyn. Things were going smoothly until we hit traffic on I-95.

"Look at this fool about to pass, thinking he is going somewhere. And he has the nerve to try and get in front of me." I rolled the window down.

"Kamea, what are you about to do?"

"I am about to be rude."

Cris sighed in frustration, mumbling curse words in Italian.

So, I yelled out the window, "Hey, I have kids in my truck!! Back off!!" The jerk gave me the finger. Cris saw it and leaned forward. The guy backed off when he saw Cris and waited to get behind me.

"Kamea, the exit is to the right. It is coming up fast."

"Hang on, everybody." Marco was in the back, laughing like crazy. Cris was fussing in Italian, "Mia moglie è pazza." (My wife is crazy.)

"Hey, I am not crazy." I had to go into rude mode to get over in the next lane.

"Cris, roll your window down, please?"

"Woman, what are you trying to do?"

"Get this man to let me over."

I threw my signal on to get over. "Cris, be a sweetie and point so I can get over."

The guy gave Cris and me the middle finger. I looked at Cris, "I tried to be nice." Then, I yelled, "Move!! I am about to go into labor!!"

I started inching over, and he started moving. "Lady, you are crazy!!"

"Thank you!!"

"Is everyone okay back there?" I had to put on my mom voice.

"Yes, mommy." Meanwhile, Marco was dying laughing back there.

Cris looked at me and said, "I am afraid to see what you are going to do next."

"Being nice is not working."

This time, I threw my signal on and just bogarted my way over into the next lane. And we made it safely off the exit. I drove straight to Sonic. Cris ordered lunch for everyone. "Do not forget my slushie."

"Sir, we ran out of...." That was all I heard.

"Well, find some, dang it!!!!! I am pregnant, and this is what I want!!!" Five minutes later, "Sir, here is your pickle slushie."

"See, now, was that so hard?" Cris paid for the food, and we went to Ryan's house.

After helping the kids out and taking the food inside, Cris and Marco came back. Cris looked at me crazy, and Marco just started laughing.

"Kamea Malia Fiore, did you seriously cut two people off and scream at the employee at Sonic?"

"Yes, I did. We made it safe, didn't we?"

"Kam, I have to bring you to New York with me more often. You fit right in."

"Thanks, Marco."

Cris glared at Marco. "Don't encourage her."

"And, besides, I am these three 'H' words."

"Dare I even ask what those words are?"

"Hot, Hungry, and Horny. Marco, you have kid duty for a few hours after we finish eating."

"That's fine. But, the last part I did not need to hear. Too much info. Good luck, Cris."

Marco's POV

Sure enough, after eating lunch, Kam dragged Cris upstairs. I popped in "The Boss Baby" Blu-ray disc, and the kids and I watched it. Those two were at it the whole movie. I turned up the volume so they would not hear Kam screaming.

I heard Cris coming down the stairs. "Do not tell her where I am." Cris then went to hide in the coat closet.

"CRISTIANO AMADORE FIORE, get up here now!!" Kam screamed while stomping down the stairs.

The smart-alec in me came out. "Look in the coat closet, Kam."

Kam went to the closet. "We were not finished, mister!! March right on back upstairs!!"

"Thanks a lot, Marco!!" Cris yelled as he was dragged back upstairs.

We watched a couple more movies before they were finished.

"What would you kids like to do next?"

"My mommy and Ryan take me to the park."

"Okay, to the park we go." I grabbed the keys from Kam's bag. Just as we were about to leave the house, Cris walked down the steps like an old man.

"Goodness, that woman wore me out. Where are you all going?"

"To the park, Uncle Cris."

"Okay, have fun. I'll order some pizza for dinner."

***************************

Marco's POV

After strapping the kids in the back seats, we headed to the park. Fortunately, I found a parking space for us close to the entrance.

"Once we get out of the truck, stay close to me, understand?"

"Yes, Uncle Marco."

"Good." After unbuckling their seat belts, we made our way to the park.

We had a good time. There was a merry-go-round, a see-saw, a slide, and swings. While Día and Braelyn were on the see-saw, Rocco and I played in the dirt. Then, we all were able to get on the swings.

While we were on the swings, I pictured this same scene with me, Noeli, and our kids. My phone started ringing. It was my beautiful fiancée.

"Hey Marco, my plane was delayed, and we just landed in New York. The gate number is 23."

"Hey, love, the kids and I are on our way. See you soon."

I called Cris to let him know where we were going. "Braelyn, Día, and Rocco, we have to pick up auntie from the airport. I'll bring you back to the park tomorrow."

"Okay, Uncle Marco."

"Braelyn and Día grab each other's hand and walk in front of me. And, Rocco, give me yours."

We then walked back to the truck. Several people knew who I was and waved. I waved back as we kept walking.

Once the kids were in the seats and buckled up, I tried to get in the truck. But, some random chick with skin-tight jeans and a shirt three sizes too small approached me. She had so much makeup on that it would take years to get it off.

"Aww, your kids are so adorable and cute, just like you."

"Really? My fiancée thinks so too. I am on my way to pick her up now. Thanks for the compliment, though."

Once I finally got in the truck, we pulled off to the airport.

30 minutes later.

We arrived at the airport. I had the valet attendant park the truck. There was no way I was looking for a parking spot. It took us 20 minutes just to get through security checks.

Gate 23 was not too far. Once we saw Noeli in view, the kids took off running, but I was right behind them because nobody was going to snatch them from me.

"Hi, Aunt Noel!!"

"Hi, Braelyn, Día, and Rocco. Is Uncle Marco behaving?"

They got a chuckle out of that. "Hey, I'm right here, you know."

"Yup, I know."

"Eww." That was all we heard when Noeli and I kissed.

"One day, you all are going to kiss someone. And I am going to be there to say, 'Ewww.'"

"No way, Uncle Marco!"

"Let's all take a picture." We sat down in the chairs that were near us. I put my camera in selfie mode. "Everyone say cheese!"

"Cheese!!"

I called Cris and told him we were on our way home. He was finally able to break free from Kam. As we started walking back to the valet parking area, I noticed that a random chick had followed me to the airport.

"Unbelievable. See that lady over there with the cleavage and skin-tight clothes? She followed me from the park."

"She did what?!"

"Before you do anything, let's put the kids in the truck."

I gave the attendant my name and the model of the truck - Yukon Denali. We buckled the kids in the back seat.

"She thinks Día, Braelyn, and Rocco are our kids."

"Okay. I promise to be nice. If she starts with me, all bets are off."

Noeli's POV

I walked over to this lady and asked her nicely, "Excuse me, but do you have a habit of following people's fiancés?"

She looked me up and down and said, "Who are you?"

"Heifer, I am about to show you."

I put my hair in a ponytail because it is about to get ugly. "Honey, you see this engagement ring on my finger? This ring tells you and everyone else to back off Marco Fiore because he is mine. So, I would appreciate it if you would stop following him around. If you don't, you and I are going to have problems. Plus, you scared my kids, and I do not appreciate that."

"He chose you?"

Marco heard what she said and pulled me back from smacking her.

"Listen, lady. I am going to make myself very clear. I don't appreciate you or anyone else insulting my fiancée. Your type, meaning fake, is the reason I stayed single until I met my fiancée. You may not like who I pick, and that is your problem. But you sure as heck need to respect my bride-to-be. If I have to, I will get a restraining order against you. Now, leave my family alone. Fortunately for you, I am being nice this time. Next time, I won't be so nice. And I just saved you from a beatdown. Let's go, baby."

The ride from the airport was not quite as long. By the time we reached Ryan's house, the pizza had arrived. Cris was standing outside. I'm guessing Kam is driving him crazy. The kids ran out of the car once we undid their seat belts. Marco grabbed my suitcase, and then we went inside.

"Hey Cris, Kam driving you crazy? She can be a handful sometimes."

"Oh my goodness, just today alone, Kamea cut two people off the highway, screamed at the employee at Sonic because they didn't have pickle slushies, and this one is a TMI, but I have been stuck in the bedroom with her since after lunch. I apologize for the last part. December needs to come fast. Oh, and tonight, I was volunteered to have makeup put on me."

"Makeup? On you?" Marco stood there laughing like crazy.

"I don't know what you are laughing at because I volunteered you too. That's for telling Kamea where I was hiding."

"This is going to be way too much fun - putting makeup on, my boo. And you both are taking pictures. So, stop stalling and march right on upstairs, Cris and Marco."

Marco's POV

Cris and I started elbowing each other like we were little kids.

"Look at the two of you - acting like little kids, elbowing each other. We are going to have to replace Layla's makeup after we get done with you two."

"Hey Kam, we got another volunteer."

"Marco too? Now, we can do teams - Noeli, you, and princess will put makeup on Marco. And Braelyn and I will put makeup on Cris. I bought brand new lipstick."

Kam's POV

As we were putting on the makeup, my son started laughing. "Daddy, you look funny."

Cris could not keep still. "Will you stop moving so we can finish? If you don't, I am going to tire you out even more."

"No! I'll stop moving."

"Aunt Kam, don't forget the lipstick."

"Which color should we put on him - red or purple?"

"Purple, Aunt Kam." So, I gave Braelyn the lipstick, and she put it on, Cris.

"Mommy, look at Uncle Marco."

We all looked at each other and cracked up. "Daddy, you look funny!"

The kids could not stop laughing. Cris and Marco laughed too.

"Now, it is picture time, boys. Día, princess, sit in Uncle Marco's lap, and Braelyn, sit in Uncle Cris's lap."

"And, just who are these pictures going out to?"

"Your parents, my father, Alessandra, Tony, Layla, Ryan, and Austin. That's it."

"Smile for the camera, boys!!"

Then, I sent out a mass text to everyone with the caption, "Look at the Fiore Boys, courtesy of Braelyn Mitchell and Día Fiore."

Layla was the first one to text back.

Layla - "Good job, Lollipop. Thank you, Cris and Marco for being great sports."

Ryan - "Ha ha ha ha ha!!"

Austin - "LOL! Thanks, guys, for making my baby girl smile."

Kalani - This is hilarious! Wait until I show Keoni and Koa. Good job, Braelyn and Dia. LOL!!!

Isabela - "Good job, girls. LOL."

Antonio - "Better the both of you than me. LOL."

Alessandra - "Tony is cracking up at you guys. LOL."

"Come on, everyone, let's go eat some pizza now. And thanks again, Cris and Marco. You guys rock!"

"Hey Kam, before I forget, here is the present from Mr. Toscano and Mr. Calabro for Braelyn. I'll leave it on Layla's dresser."

"Thanks, Marco. Let's go join the others."

***********************

Narrator's POV

The time flew by so fast. The weekend came and went. Marco took the kids back to Florida for school. And, Noeli flew back to California. Cris and Kam drove Braelyn back and forth to school. They took her to the park, movies, zoo, and the Statue of Liberty throughout the week.

Ryan and Layla flew back Friday, so Kam and Cris could leave on Sunday. Layla was flabbergasted at the amount of money that was in that envelope - $100k. She immediately put it in the bank. Then, she immediately called Dominic and Valentino and thanked them profusely for their generous gift. And she thanked Marco as well.

Sunday afternoon, at the airport.

Cris' POV

"Aww, Braelyn, sweetheart, don't cry."

"Do you have to leave?" She came over, and I picked her up and wiped her tears.

"Layla, when is the next school break for Braelyn?"

"In November. They will have a week off. And, then, the end of December for two weeks. We are coming down in December."

"Braelyn, how about we make a deal? If it is okay with mommy, how would you like to spend time with us in November? Día and I will come to get you."

"Please, mommy?" Braelyn pleaded with Layla to let her come.

"It's okay with me."

"It's a deal, Uncle Cris. I love you."

"And I love you too, Braelyn."

"Bye, auntie. And I love you too."

"I love you too, Lollipop. Can't wait to see you again."

Braelyn got down and went to hug and kiss Marco. "Bye, Uncle Marco. Love you."

"Don't forget to say thank you to Uncle Marco."

"Thank you."

"Be a good girl, okay? I love you too. And you're welcome. That is what uncles are for."

"Okay, Uncle Marco."

"Braelyn, come over here with us. Have a safe flight, Kam, Cris, and Marco. Give the twins a big kiss for me. Call us when you land in Florida."

"We will." The kids were waving from inside the plane. Layla, Ryan, and Braelyn walked toward their truck, which was at a completely safe distance. The pilot started the plane while we all waved out the window. "Back to Florida we go."

*******************************

Thank you all for reading chapter 47.

And thank you all for the votes and comments. 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.2K 31
Nariah Williams always work for what she wanted. She never had anything handed to her on a silver platter. Her past relationships weren't the absolut...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

85.2K 1K 12
Estella had learnt life to be unpredictable and cruel at a very young age. But she had never prepared herself to have everything she ever dreamed of...
325K 16.4K 67
Two stubborn people, different lives a terrible situation that brings them together and changes their lives forever. Maya is an 18 year old girl try...
13.2K 495 29
(The sequel for My stepbrother: no one will no and Beware: the boy dressed in all black-my stepbrother(the rewrite version) "How? How are you Mr. Ree...