Beautiful Lies - Shawn Mendes

By oliviawlxx

In the quaint town of Cefalú, Sicily, where everyone knows everyone, Sofia Evans, a young British student, fi... More

1. Summertime Sadness
2. Today's The Day
3. Finally Here
4. It's Good To Be Back
5. Settling In
6. Bella Vista
7. See You Around
8. Hello Again
9. At Your Service
10. Room 34
11. Stay
13. The Morning After
14. Excuse
15. So, About That Date
16. You Don't Look So Bad Yourself
17. To A Wonderful Evening
18. Not Even Now?
19. I Have No Objections To That
20. Happy Birthday
21. Disaster
22. Are You Even Paying Attention?
23. Fallin All In You
24. Results Day
25. The Wedding
26. All Of You
27. Goodbye
28. Promise Me

12. Deal

59 10 7
By oliviawlxx

The rain showed no signs of stopping. I had never been a particular fan of storms, but there was something oddly calming about them - watching them batter the outside world, whilst in the comfort of your own home - safe, dry and warm. Watching a storm with Shawn, was even better.

We sat curled up on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate from mugs, our knees slightly touching. Even the simplest gesture from Shawn could make my whole body respond in a way, that was out of my control.

'Did you come here by yourself?' Shawn asked, taking a sip of his drink.

'Yeah, at first the idea was it'd be a family holiday but my dad had to work this summer, he's going to Tokyo on a business trip, and my sister had her grade 3 guitar exam, which she couldn't change the date of and my mum didn't want her to be alone, so it ended up just being me.' I laughed at how disorganised my family was.

'Your sister plays guitar? What's her name?'

'Her name's Violet and she's played for the past couple of years. She's actually pretty good.'

'I'll have to hear her play sometime. I play guitar too.'

'No way! I've always wanted to be able to play an instrument but it was just something I was never good at. I remember playing a piano at school one time. Needless to say, I never played it again.' I chuckled at the memory.

'Anyone can learn to play an instrument. It takes a lot of time and practise, but if you do that, it pays off. I learnt how to play by watching YouTube tutorials, I never had lessons. So if I can do it, then you can too. I could teach you how to play if you want?'

'Really? You'd do that?'

'Anything for you Miss Evans.' He smirked and I stuck my hand out.

'We need to shake on it, so that even if it sounds dreadful, and even if I nearly break your guitar, you can't go back on your word.'

'Fine, then. Deal' He placed his hand in mine, and shook firmly.

'You can't get out of this one now.' I grinned, knowing he would regret agreeing to it. 'So are there any other musical talents I should be aware of?'

'Well, erm, I sort of, sing.' His eyes focused intently on anything but my own.

'Sort of?' I asked, drawing his attention back to me.

'Yeah, I occasionally sing. And I sometimes write my own stuff, but nothing serious.'

'I wish I could sing. I just sound like a dying cat.'

'I bet you don't.'

'Trust me on this one. I don't want to damage your ears by proving it to you.' Shawn's head tilted back in laughter.

'Well, if I miraculously learn to play the guitar, you can sing for me.' I suggested, hoping he'd agree. His speaking voice alone I could listen to all day, but his singing voice. That was something I needed to hear because I knew it would be amazing, despite his humble personality trying to reckon he was mediocre.

'Well, let's make sure that my teaching skills are rubbish then.' He said giving me a sly smile.

The evening was full of laughter, bickering and talking about the most random subjects. Being around Shawn, was almost like being around a masculine version of me. Everything was so easy, nothing was forced or awkward, it was just so natural, and I felt I could tell him anything, even an embarrassing story from years ago, and know he would still look at me the same.

He told me he had a sister himself, called Aaliyah who was 14 years old, and that they were extremely close. I could tell from the way his eyes lit up when he spoke about her, that he truly admired and loved his little sister, which only made him more... attractive.

As we conversed, we seemed to edge slightly closer to each other. And before I knew it, our legs were overlapping, with his hands rested on my calves.

Yet I didn't feel uncomfortable. I welcomed the warm touch of his hands, the feeling foreign but familiar at the same time.

The feeling of his finger beginning to trace shapes onto my skin, made my eyes feel heavy. It must have been late, yet I didn't want to go to sleep because that meant my evening with Shawn would end. But, the sensation of having my skin used as a canvas, and his fingers a brush, was so relaxing and lulling, that I couldn't stop my eyes from drooping.

'We'd better get you to bed.' I heard his deep voice say, and I only murmured in response, turning over slightly to get comfier. I didn't want to move.

'Okay, the hard way it is then.' I felt a large pair of hands lift my legs off the sofa, and moments later, those same hands slid under my frame and pulled me up into his arms. My top had slightly ridden up, and I could feel every nerve in my body respond to his fingers as they grazed my hip and lower back.

My eyes opened quickly, the essence of feeling drowsy a distance memory. 'Okay, okay, I'll go to bed. Just put me down.' I said laughing, the feeling of being off the ground, unusual.

Reluctantly, Shawn put me back on the ground.
'Soph, would you mind, if I stay the night? I mean don't feel obliged or anything it's just it's really late and I'm feeling quite tired myself, I don't want to get behind the wheel when I'm...'

I cut his rambling off. 'It's fine. Of course you can stay, we don't have, erm, any spare rooms though, so sharing a bed with me will have to do. Just keep to your side.' I jokingly warned, glaring at him.

'I would never dare.' He said feigning fear, and placing a hand on his chest in fake shock.

We walked down the hallway and got to my bedroom. I grabbed my pyjamas that were lying on top of my pillow, a bralet and some underwear, quickly stuffing those behind my pj's. 'I don't really have anything you can sleep in, unless you want a floral nightie? I think you could really style that out?' The image of him in it, caused me to giggle.

'Why are you laughing? I think I'd look great in one.'

'Yeah, yeah, well you decide what you want to wear while I change. By the way, you're sleeping on the left side of the bed, because the right is mine.'

'That's the side I always sleep on anyway.'

'Well, perfect.'

I traipsed to the bathroom, thinking about how today had turned out. This morning had been one of the hardest mornings I'd ever faced, yet Shawn's advice had made me feel more at ease and put a lot of things into perspective. When she returned tomorrow, I would make sure that while I was here, every day would be brilliant. No moping. Just as if things were normal.

I brushed my teeth, glancing at my reflection in the mirror. I seemed to have a glow about me, a natural glow whether it be from how many times I've laughed and smiled this past week, or.. maybe.. from the way that I'm beginning to feel about Shawn.

I changed quickly, realising I'd spent more time in the bathroom than planned, and made my way back into the bedroom.

Seeing Shawn in my small double bed, made me realise just how tall he was. I could see the end of his feet poking out the duvet, and his broad shoulders nearly taking up the entirety of his pillow.

I slightly shut my bedroom door, and went to my side of the bed.

'You look cute.' Shawn said, leaning up and resting his head on his palm.

I looked down, and saw I'd picked out my slightly too small and embarrassing Disney pyjamas that every girl is guilty of having a pair of.

'Oh shut up.' I replied, picking up my pillow and lightly throwing it at his head.

'I would get you back for that Soph, but seeing as I am too tired, it'll have to wait. But be very afraid.' He mock warned whilst moving the pillow back where it belonged.

I giggled as I pulled back the duvet. Until, I saw that at the end of my bed, a pair of skinny jeans were laying on the floor.

'Oh, I hope you don't mind. It's just jeans are not comfortable to sleep in.'

'Oh no, no problem.' I gave him a weak smile, but on the inside, I could feel a slight fluttering in my stomach. He wasn't wearing any trousers. Only underwear and a t-shirt. I wasn't used to feeling like this. I had never felt like this about Jack, let alone someone I had known for a week.

I climbed into bed, trying to terminate my thoughts but with no success and turned off the bed side light. I settled down in bed, turning on my side trying to drift off to sleep.

'Goodnight Soph.'

'Goodnight Shawn.'

As my consciousness faded, my mind went into free fall, swirling with the beautiful chaos of a new dream. One about a certain someone laying next to me.

————————————————————————

AN - This is one of my longest chapters. Even though nothing much happens, I'm really proud with how it turned out, and how Shawn and Sofia's relationship is blossoming. She finally admitted she liked him!! I do plan on doing some chapters from Shawn's POV but it wont be soon, probably in the next 10 chapters or something. I hope you al like it so far! I'm so sorry for the slow update, again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.2K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
144K 5.2K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
162K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...