Lockheart's Curse

By AugustWolfheart

In the first book of the series, Seven years pass since Dante's execution, he returns stronger than ever to w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 24

33 4 0
By AugustWolfheart

(A few days has passed since the incident people are now calling the Void of Nanbu. Its mid day when Dante begins to awake, his entire torso wrapped in bandages due to the injuries suffered from the explosion. Soon as he opens his eyes, he is greeted by Lenneth. As he tries to sit up, his body aches in pain. Lenneth offers him a cup of tea, but he declines.)

Dante: How long have I been out?

Lenneth: A week give or take. After we brought you back, Kitara and Marcy have been running tests on you. The both of you had a very bad aura around you.

Dante: That sounds about right. I've never felt a force like that in my life. Where is Eden? Is she awake?

Lenneth: She's resting in her room. She will be fine thanks to you and your friends.

(Dante sighs in relief)

Dante: That's good to hear.

Lenneth: While we are on the topic, I must say that you and Eden had me very worried. Never in my time have I ever have felt such panic after witnessing the temple explosion. I surely thought I had lost the both of you and it would have been my fault.

Dante: Even I can admit that I am very lucky that we made it out alive.

Lenneth: Life is very unpredictable. It is best we stay on our toes.

Dante: Spare me your cookie wisdom, Lenneth. I do not wish to hear it.

Lenneth: Very well then. There is one good thing to come out of this situation and it is that we won't be hearing from the Amatsu for awhile.

Dante: How so? What makes you so sure?

Lenneth: After such a public aftermath, with a void spreading through the land, devouring it, leaving nothing, but a bottomless crater that takes up at least half of Nanbu District. In the void's wake, a wall made of immeasurable amounts of energy surrounds the area. This is an old faction, Dante. They value their secrecy. They won't make another move because they play the long game. Couldn't imagine them wanting to draw more attention.

(As Lenneth says this, Marcy enters the room.)

Dante: Marcy?

Marcy: You're awake! I wasn't sure you'd make it.

Dante: Why is that?

Marcy: After we brought you and Eden here, you were very bad shape. Not mentioning your physical condition, you along with Eden were immersed in a lot of the same sinister magic that shot up into the sky. It took a lot of out of me and Kitara to cleanse the both of you. More so Kitara then myself if I'm telling the truth.

(Upon hearing this, Dante forces himself onto his feet, but quickly falls to a knee.)

Lenneth: Just what are you doing? In your current state, you shouldn't be moving.

Dante: I'm going to check up on Kitara.

Lenneth: Kitara is fine. She's resting as well and so should you. You're in no shape to do anything.

(Just as Lenneth says this, Dante gets back on his feet.)

Dante: I know my body's limit.

(As he says this, he uses Lenneth's old training staff to keep himself balanced as he tries to walk. While doing this, signals to Marcy to take him to Kitara.)

Dante: I will admit. I know that we got off to a very bad start, but I must say that you having been taking all of this very well. How much of this do you know, Marcy?

Marcy: Not much. All I know is that I don't want to feel that kind of magic again. It was so dark and evil that it woke up the big guy.

Dante: Who exactly is that?

Marcy: You know, the fox inside of me. When that power surged and shot into the air, I felt him. His eyes opened up and he told me to get up and so I did.

Dante: So you've made contact with him?

Marcy: I wouldn't go that far and say that. Kitara and I have only tried once and his power pushed us out. I haven't tried since.

Dante: In this day and age, you need every advantage you can utilize. And right now, your fox spirit is the biggest one you have. The faster you make contact and establish a relationship with it, the stronger the both of you will become.

Marcy: If I being honest, I don't think I can. It's too strong for me to handle. One look from him and he completely knocked me and Kitara out of my subconscious. I don't think he wants to make contact with me.

Dante: If he didn't then why did he warn you? You said it was him who woke you up, right? Being scared of something you don't understand won't make you stronger, Marcy. It's best to face things head on.

(As Dante says this, they reach the room Kitara is resting in. Dante knocks on the door and hears Kitara saying come in. Upon entering, Kitara gets up.)

Kitara: Welcome back to the world of the living, Dante.

Dante: Well I must say, I've had better days. Marcy told me about the effects of the magic you cleansed me and Eden of. I wanted to know if you were okay.

Kitara: Even with your body wrapped in bandages, you still have some crazy need to worry about me. I would've thought by now that you would've gotten the message.

Dante: You'll excuse me if I don't laugh. I'm in enough pain as it is.

Kitara: Dante.....I gotta ask you. Are you feeling okay?

Dante: Is me standing here before you alive, not good enough?

Kitara: I only ask this because you were engulfed in some serious magic. That kind of leaves negative effects on the mind and body.

Dante: I'm fine, Kitara. Really.

Kitara: After we brought you in, I found this letter in your pocket. There's blood on it and a minor cut on the envelope, but you should still be able to read it.

Dante: Leave it.

Kitara: What does it say?

Dante: It doesn't say anything. Its just a map that holds a location connected to my family. When I have the time, I'll explore the history of my family, but at the moment my focus lies elsewhere.

Kitara: Okay...So what's next, Dante?

Dante: What's next, you ask? You'll excuse me if I need some time to think to formulate an answer. I will admit that I expect things to turn out like this. That skirmish against that cult certainly threw a wrench into my plans. Things have definitely gotten complicated since I first decided to take up this journey of mine. It's not as simple as I thought it to be. It isn't just me in this anymore.

(As Dante says this, he sits and thinks for a moment. While this happens, Lenneth walks into the room.)

Lenneth: It isn't like you to be stuck in a rut, Dante. I didn't take you to think so narrow minded.

Dante: And what do you think I'm missing?

Lenneth: I think you've grown to accustomed to the shadows. I believe that while I taught you how to defend yourself, that I may have forgotten to tell you about another important lesson.

Dante: And what would that be?

Lenneth: Expansion. Having the ability to enter into a unknown location and to turn it into your fortress.

Kitara: Dante and I were talking about this, but we never settled on a place.

Lenneth: Well surely there's somewhere you have your eye on? Any loose ends that need to be dealt with? A debt that you have yet to collect?

(After hearing this, Dante begins to think and suddenly the expression on his face takes a more angrier look.)

Lenneth: Judging by the on your face, I assume you know what's next?

Dante: In fact I did. I think it's time that I collected on those debts.

(As Dante says this, his body aches in pain.)

Kitara: You need to rest up before you do anything, Dante.

Dante: Don't worry Kitara, I for one agree with you. I'm am in no fighting shape at all currently. We must lie low for a few days and then we will move forward.

Lenneth: You all are free to stay as long as you need. Enjoy your resting, you're going to need it.

(Lenneth leaves the room.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443 1 53
Four years have passed since Arako's defeat Okara and Crimson have kept up with their friendship and training. With their time of peace, everyone has...
561K 16.8K 37
⚠️ Cussing ⚠️blood/gore ⚠️lemon you're put in the story , you're not a murderer but a sacrifice with rachel . Will you keep your sanity through it al...
345 63 36
I am 5'1 in height with a heart even smaller. They say family is everything and I confirm this. My family has been my world (minus my dad) until an a...
20.7K 643 37
Terrible things happen to good people. Such is the world we live in. It doesn't matter who or what you are, sometimes there's no avoiding despair. T...