Being The Hosts' Maid (An Our...

By FangirlAndFeels

Hitomi Takenaka is the daughter of someone very important to the music industry and because of this, she gets... More

Chapter 2 - Starting Today, You Are A Host! [Part 2]
Chapter 3 - The Job of a Highschool Host! [Part 1]
Chapter 4 - The Job of a Highschool Host! [Part 2]
Chapter 5 - Beware the Physical Exam! [Part 1]
Chapter 6 - Beware the Physical Exam! [Part 2]
Chapter 7 - Attack of the Lady Manager! [Part 1]
Chapter 8 - Attack of the Lady Manager! [Part 2]
Chapter 9 - The Twins Fight! [Part 1]
Chapter 10 - The Twins Fight! [Part 2]
Chapter 11 - The Grade School Host Is The Naughty Type! [Part 1]
Chapter 12 - The Grade School Host Is The Naughty Type! [Part 2]
Chapter 13 - Jungle Pool SOS!
Chapter 14 - The Sun, The Sea and The Host Club! [Part 1]
Chapter 15 - The Sun, The Sea and The Host Club! [Part 2]
Chapter 16 - A Challenge From Lobelia Girls' Academy! [Part 1]
Chapter 17 - A Challenge From Lobelia Girls' Academy! [Part 2]
Chapter 18 - A Day In The Life Of The Fujioka Family! [Part 1]
Chapter 19 - A Day In The Life Of The Fujioka Family! [Part 2]
Chapter 20 - Big Brother Is A Prince! [Part 1]
Chapter 21 - Big Brother Is A Prince! [Part 2]
Chapter 22 - Honey's Three Bitter Days! [Part 1]

Chapter 1 - Starting Today, You Are A Host! [Part 1]

9.3K 169 111
By FangirlAndFeels

Episode 1: Starting Today, You Are A Host!

        “Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time here at the the elite private school, Ouran Academy. The Ouran Host Club is where the school’s handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran Academy’s playground for the super rich and beautiful.”

        -Tamaki Suoh

        Hitomi Takenaka was dropped off by her parents’ limousine. She thanked the driver, Mr. Hiroshi, and grabbed her bag and closed the door. Today was her first day at Ouran Academy as a first year student. Ouran was one of the most prestigious academies in all of Japan. Only the children of the rich and beautiful attend this academy, though Hitomi wouldn’t classify herself as beautiful. She just had a father who was well renowned in the music industry.

        Her entire life was surrounded by music. she could play the flute, violin, piano, cello, saxophone, and clarinet. She had a few singing lessons when she was younger and she even had to admit that she was good at it, but not ready to be a professional in any sort of way.

        She was wearing her own Ouran uniform that cost way too much to be this simple. She should’ve just made one herself with her sewing kit. It was a light yellow dress with large shoulder sleeves that grew tight as they went down the arm with white cuffs with brown buttons. It came with an almost white bib like feature with a dark, tuscan red color ribbon tied in a bow. She wore white tights with brown buckled shoes with a small heel. Her hair was a dark auburn color though it almost looked like a light brown. It was in two floppy pigtails that rested on her shoulder tied by the same door of ribbon tied around her neck. She carried a used brown bag that she’s had since junior high.

        She walked through the opened golden gate and saw the beautiful courtyard. It had beautiful grass hedges, some with pink roses growing out of them. She saw all of the people who had come from the same class as her last year. She heard the loud, yet soft bell ring and she saw the famous Ouran clocktower. It would definitely be beautiful in the spring time. She rushed, which was very improper for a lady, into a pink building, which was the color of all of the buildings at Ouran.

        It was beautiful there. Hitomi went up a grand staircase of a beautiful, lustful red with a beautiful wooden designed rail. Above her, the ceiling rounded into a pink dome with a gallery chandelier. From the top of the stairs, you could see out of the windows towards the beautiful blue sky that made the Ouran clock tower pop.

        Hitomi went into her classroom which differed from the outside. The walls were white with flowing gold designs in the back. In the middle of the classroom was a red carpet that matched the ones on the staircase. The mahogany desks were larger than the average school’s. Most of the students had a laptop, but Hitomi didn’t want to type notes. She wanted to write, because that’s what she loved to do.

        The teacher directed her to her seat and she placed her bag on the hook attached to the desk. Everything seemed normal except for one thing. Hitomi turned around and saw two Ouran girls speaking to another girl. She may not look it, but it was obvious that she was a girl.

        She was wearing a large eggplant purple sweater that had try black stripes on the collar. You could also see the collar of a white undershirt and it was also sticking out a the bottom of the sweater. She was wearing black trousers as well as shoes. Her pixie cute, dark brown hair was ruffled all over the place and her glasses were very large with a dark brown rim. That must’ve been Haruhi Fujioka, the famous transfer student.

        “And what are you wearing?!” One of the girls screeched in horror. They both had their arms crossed as if they were in a gang.

        “Yeah! It’s hideous. It’s obvious you don’t belong here.” The second said and they both giggled. Hitomi stood up and went in front of Haruhi to face the girls.

        “Being rich means nothing if you don’t have the brain to use the money.” Hitomi countered and the girls looked as if someone had slapped them in the face, “This person was so smart, that they got a scholarship. You bought your way in. What does that say about you?”

        The two girls scoffed and walked away, talking as if they didn’t lose the battle.

        “Thanks.” Haruhi said and gave a small smile and for the first time, Hitomi could see through her glasses. Haruhi had beautiful big brown eyes. Hitomi smiled back.

        “I’m Hitomi Takenaka, and I know who you are.” Hitomi realized how mean that sounded, “I mean, it’s not everyday we get an average person at Ouran.” Hitomi shook her head vigorously, “Sorry, that sounded mean.”

        “Don’t worry about it.” Haruhi smiled and Hitomi did the same.

        Class droned on and when the deep sound of the bell rang for their free period, she turned to Haruhi, “Would you like to study with me? We can go to the libraries.”

        “Libraries?” Haruhi grabbed her book and stood up just as Hitomi did.

        “We have four, which is probably the best thing about this academy.” Hitomi giggled and Haruhi smiled. It was probably the one time a rich kid wasn’t making fun of her.

        They walked down the corridors and each time they checked a library, it was full and loud. They tried the last one, but it was the same, though Hitomi never got tired of staring at it. They had two floors full of books, a ladder attached to the shelves so people could reach. It had beautiful tables for people to sit and study or read. But they were always loud. The school has four libraries, at least one of them would be quiet.

        “Maybe we can explore and find a quiet place.” Haruhi suggested and they walked up the carpeted stairs and down another corridor with light yellow window designs. Their footsteps echoed throughout the hall. Hitomi went to look down the pink walled hall and passed a post holding beautiful red rose.

        “How about in here?” Haruhi’s hand was on the door to the 3rd Music Room.

        “Haruhi, don’t!” It was too late. As she opened the door, there was a blinding flash of light as rose petals flew out of the door. Hitomi was too late, and she realized it as the door closed behind them.

        They had entered the realm of Ouran’s very own Host Club.

        “Welcome.” Multiple voices said in unison. Hitomi tried to get out but she couldn’t move. In front of her were six boys.

        From left to right, there was Mitsukuni Haninozuka or Honey for short. Though he was a third year at Ouran, he looked like a boy from junior high. Honey was very short with light blond hair and a cowlick on the top of his head. He had light brown eyes and a blinding smile. He had a ginormous sweet tooth and never went anywhere without his stuffed bunny whom he named Usa-chan.

        Next was Takashi Morinozuka, or Mori for short. He was the tallest out of all the boys. He had shortcut black hair that looked as though it had been ruffled. His job was to always be there for Honey. He had a very strong build and a poker face. Hitomi had never seen him smile before. He was only in the Host Club because Honey was.

        Beside Mori was Kyoya Ootori, the son of the owner of a major medical cooperation. He had neat hair that swept to the right side of his face. He wore glasses on his rather pale face that covered his hard-set, dark eyes. He was very intelligent and had very high expectations because of his family’s position. He had two older brothers, leaving him third in like for the family business.

        To the left of Kyoya were the mischievous Hitachiin twins, Hikaru and Kaoru who were first years as well. Hitomi was in the same class as them. She knew next to nothing about the Hitachiin family, but the given was that they were rich. They both had light, ginger hair that swept to the side in the back. They had light eyes that almost matched their hair. They were in the same standing position with both hand in their pockets.

        Sitting in a red chair in front of all of them was Tamaki Suoh, the so-called leader of the Host Club. He had to be about the stupidest person in the entire school, but Hitomi was too nice to say mean things like that. He had light blond hair, even lighter than Honey’s and dark, violet eyes. Like the Hitachiin twins, Hitomi knew nothing about Tamaki, other than that he wasn’t the brightest star in the sky.

        All of them were wearing the boys’ Ouran uniform. It consisted of a white undershirt with a folded collar with a black tie with a strip of purple tied around it. Over that was a light purple, almost blue, black buttoned jacket. Where the breast pocket would go, on the left side was the gold crest of Ouran Academy. It went along with the dark trousers and shoes.

        “This is a Host Club?” Haruhi said with horror as she tried to find the door handle.

        “Oh wow, it’s a boy.” The Hitachiin twins said at the same time. Hitomi was used to them being like that. She had known them since they were in primary school, though they had never talked directly. They always secluded themselves and stayed by each others’ sides.

        They probably thought Haruhi was a boy by how she dressed. Hitomi smiled at the ground and twiddled her feet.

        “I didn’t think Hitomi would be into guys like that.” Hikaru whispered to Kaoru. Hitomi was one of the many few that could actually tell them part, though she kept it to herself on how she could.

        “Why don’t you stay out of my business?” Hitomi countered and they both stuck their tongues out.

        “Hikaru, Kaoru, I believe these two are in your class, especially this young man, correct?” Kyoya interrupted Hitomi and she gave him an evil glare.

        “Yeah, but he’s shy. He doesn’t act very sociably so we don’t know much about him.” They said in unison and shrugged, palms up.

        Kyoya gave a small laugh and Hitomi could see the lightbulb going off in his head, “Well that wasn’t very polite.” He turned to face Hitomi and Haruhi, “Welcome to the Ouran Host Club, Mr. Honor Student.” He stressed the “mister” part.

        “That’s nice but we’ll be—.” Hitomi tried to drag Haruhi out of there, but Tamaki was already on their case. His face was very close to theirs.

        “What?” He pushed Hitomi to the side, “You must be Haruhi Fujioka.” Hitomi watched as Haruhi tried to open the door in a struggle, “You’re the exceptional honor student we’ve heard about.” She stopped struggling and her face looked surprised, like an exclamation point was about her head.

        “How did you know my name?” She asked in her awkward little position. She was kind of cute like. Hitomi had to let them have their fun, or they’d never let them leave.

        “Haruhi, you’re infamous around here.” Hitomi crossed her arms and smiled, “Remember what I told you earlier?” She glanced at the very expensive, turquoise vase. Something was going to go wrong.

        “Yes, it’s not everyday we get a commoner here at this Academy.” Haruhi flinched at the word “commoner”. That was the word Hitomi tried to avoid using earlier, “You must have an audacious nerve to work hard enough to fight your way into this school as an honor student, Mr. Fujioka.” Kyoya said, not breaking his façade. It was quite impressive, but Haruhi didn’t think so. She was still offended by the title “Audacious Commoner”.

        “Well, thank you I guess.” Now she was poking the bear. Hitomi sighed and looked out the window. She wanted to be out there, not in here.

        “You’re welcome.” Tamaki was about to put his arm around Haruhi but Hitomi pushed it away and gave him a look that said “no”. Haruhi scooted away but he followed her, “You’re a hero to other poor people, Fujioka. You’ve shown the world that even a poor person can excel at an elite private academy. “ His flamboyancy was showing and he was not trying to hide it, “It must be hard being constantly looked down upon by others.” Haruhi scooted to the other side.

        “I think you’re taking this poor thing to far, Tamaki.” Hitomi said but he continued.

        “Spurned, neglected, but that doesn’t matter. Long live the poor!” He put out both arms as if he were embracing the poor all together, “We welcome you poor man to our world of beauty!”

        “We’re out of here.” Hitomi announced and grabbed for Haruhi, but someone grabbed Hitomi.

        “Come back here, Hito-chan!” Honey begged and dragged Hitomi, as well as Haruhi back into the room, “Don’t keep the superhero all to yourself. He’s so cool!”

        “I’m not a hero, I’m an honor student.” Haruhi retorted.

        “Who would have imagined the famous scholar, would be so openly gay?” Tamaki comment and Haruhi looked at him as though she were going to murder him.

        “Openly…what?” Haruhi questioned, her face speaking about how done she was.

        “But enough about that. Hitomi,” Tamaki called for her, “what kind of man are you into?

        “The strong, silent type?” Mori looked over at Hitomi, “Or maybe the boy Lolita?” Honey hugged Usa-chan to his stomach and smiled, “Or maybe the mischievous type?” The twins had their back to each other and looked daringly at Hitomi, “Or the cool type?” Kyoya adjusted his glasses.

        “Or maybe,” Tamaki put his fingers on Hitomi’s chin and made her look at him, “you’re into a guy like me?” Hitomi pushed his hand away and backed up, bumping into Haruhi, who bumped into the post holding the vase. Hitomi gasped and she and Haruhi tried to grab it, but they were too slow. It crashed and shattered to the ground.

        “Now you’ve done it commoner!” Karou said behind Hitomi and Haruhi.

        “We were going to sell that renaissance vase at an auction. The opening bid was eight million yen.” Hikaru finished and Hitomi and Haruhi’s head dropped and Haruhi tried to count for some reason.

        “I’m going to have to pay you back.” Haruhi said and Hitomi stepped in front of her.

        “With what money? You can’t even afford a school uniform.” The twins said in unison and Haruhi looked horrified.

        “I can pay for it.” Hitomi said and Haruhi looked like she had just seen God’s face.

        “But it wasn’t your fault.” The twins said and stared at Haruhi.

        “Then I want to help her pay off her debt.” Hitomi declared and they thought about it.

        “Well, what do you think we should do, Tamaki?” Kyoya asked as he picked up a shard of the broken vase.

        “There’s a famous saying you two must’ve heard.” He pointed at them, “'When in Rome, do as the Romans do.'

        “Since you have no money, you can pay with your body.” What a sudden change in attitude, Hitomi thought, “So starting today,” he pointed at Haruhi, “you’re the Host Club’s dog.” He pointed at Hitomi, “And you…

        “...are the Host Club’s maid.” As Haruhi froze in terror, Hitomi crossed her arms. It was a good thing Hitomi had this job before. When her father wasn’t famous in the music business yet, she used to work at a maid cafè. She didn’t mind though because it got her parents money and it kept food on the table. She used to cook and clean as well, so she still does those jobs at her new house, even though her father is begging to get a maid, or five. It seemed ridiculous.

        “The sooner the better.” Hitomi said as Tamaki waved his hand in front of Haruhi and Honey poked her.

        The Host Club was now open for business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Holy moly was this long that I actually had to cut it in half xD. I love this show so much so I'm really excited to share my ideas with you guys as well.

        I haven't decided which Host Hitomi will end up with. More than likely, it will be either one of the twins or Tamaki, I haven't decided yet.

        This may seem really long, but it was so much fun to write and I do love the meories I had with this show. Staying up late at night and laughing. I really do miss my Ouran memories and Caitlin Glass is one my favorite voice actresses and I love Vic Mignogna and Todd Haberkorn, so seeing them all together was like AHHHHH!

        Anyway, I hope you enjoy this journey that will be uploaded every Monday and Friday with my Death Note fanfiction on Tuesdays and Thrusdays.

        I will not abandom my ship! :3 Anyway, vote, comment and share and I will see you later.

        Love always,

        Nicole-y (Fanfiction Version)

Continue Reading