The Huntress

By WingsOfDarkness200

"My dear, you are special, I can sense it." "W-what do you mean." A little girl said in an adorable 6 year ol... More

The Huntress
The Huntress: Me AKA the Huntress
The Huntress: Hello Alpha
The Huntress: Safe. For Now
The Huntress: The Meeting
A/N (Author's Note)
The Huntress: In The Pack House
The Huntress: I'm being hunted. How ironic
The Huntress: Trapped
The Huntress: So Many Ways To Die
The Huntress: Deadly Decision
The Huntress: Turned
The Huntress: Dreams
The Huntress: Harsh Words
A/N
The Huntress: Knock Him Out and Ship Him to Antarctica
The Huntress: Curiosity Killed The Cat
The Huntress: Pieces Of A Puzzle
The Huntress: What. The. HELL?!
The Huntress: The 'Dog Bone'
The Huntress: Well Hello To You Too
~~CONTEST~~
The Huntress: Surprise!
The Huntress: It's Time
The Huntress: One More Time PART 1
The Huntress: One More Time PART 2
The Huntress: The Sacrificial Altar
The Huntress: Lost and Forgotten
The Huntress: Grief
The Huntress: Rejected
The Huntress: Testing Testing 1-2-3
The Huntress: Captured By The 'Enemy'
The Huntress: The 'Damsel in Distress'
**CHAPTER 30 SPECIAL (NOT REAL!!!!)**
The Huntress: Through The Portal
The Huntress: A New Friend
The Huntress: Preparation
The Huntress: On the Brink of Battle
The Huntress: An Old Foe

The Huntress: Fight Back

8.1K 342 73
By WingsOfDarkness200

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 22

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

:D do you guys like the new cover? It was BirdieLynn's work as well!

COMMENT PLEASE! :D

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

With a delicate fluttering, my eyes opened. The first thing that registered in my brain was Oh my Goddess I'm so hungry... Then it actually sunk in that I had shifted again the night before and blacked out... again.

"Oh great! You're up! I was getting worried, you were out like a light for a while..." I heard a familiar voice say. Jared came over to the side of the bed and helped me sit up, while handing me a glass of water which I greedily gulped down.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked curiously.

"Well, it's 1:30 in the afternoon now, so about 10 hours." My eyes widened in shock, and as I did that Jared suddenly frowned and bent down. He stared intensely into my eyes for a moment before saying,

"Your eyes. They've changed."

I flung the sheets off my bed and ran to the bathroom. I held open my eyelids to get a better view of my eyes.

They had turned into a bright, almost shining, molten silver, with a thin band of gold around the iris. The pupil itself was a strange mix between a normal round pupil and a slitted one.

I relaxed, as this wasn't the strangest thing that had happened to me over the past week or two. When I relaxed my pupils morphed into their normal roundness.

Huh. Weird.

I had been concentrating on my eyes so much, I hadn't noticed the jerk sneaking up behind me until he grabbed me by the shoulders. I jumped up, jabbing myself in the eye along the way, and nearly punching Jared in the face.

"What the hell was that?! Don't sneak up on me like that! I could have seriously hurt you!" I yelled, completely furious.

I wasn't sure why I was so angry, I knew one of the reasons was my watering eye, which hurt a lot. Also it was probably because of the stress of shifting and my fatigue. I just wasn't in the mood to be messed with.

"Woah... wait... do that again!" Jared said, brushing off my scoldings easily.

"What?" I asked frowning.

"That thing with your eyes, they changed into tiny slits, and the gold sort of glowed." He replied, still staring deeply into my eyes, as if trying to find an answer.

"I don't know if I can do it again though."

"Just try!" He urged.

"Can we just leave it! I've had enough change." I snapped, getting slightly annoyed at the way he was inspecting me.

"There! Your eyes changed to slits slightly!" Hmmm...

"So it probably only happens when I'm annoyed and angry or something..." I said, thinking.

"Yeah.... maybe." He stared at me again, before shaking his head and clearing the glossy look his eyes had taken on.

"I'm hungry... is there any breakfast around here?" I asked, just as my tummy rumbled.

"Yeah, my men ate, but I made sure they left some for you." He replied, chuckling.

"Okay good." I walked downstairs into the kitchen, and there was a plate of waffles sitting on the counter. I pounced on it and started shovelling them into my mouth. Goddess, I was so hungry.

"Wow, you look so vicious tearing into those waffles." Jared laughed, handing me a glass of orange juice.

"Fanksh" I mumbled around my mouthful of food. I gulped down my orange juice to help me swallow.

"Thanks." I repeated, more clearly. He laughed again, and I liked it. It was a nice, deep, happy laugh. I realized that I loved making him laugh. I loved th-

I shook my head. Love?! That should be the last thing on my mind right now! I went back to stuffing my cheeks full of food, becoming a chipmunk, and washing it down with juice. That was my cycle.

After a while, I noticed that Jared was just sitting there, watching me eat. I didn't really find it creepy... it was just a bit strange.

Suddenly, feeling self-conscious, I started taking small, polite bites, and small sips of orange juice.

Jared took on an amused look, before standing up and walking over.

"You look cuter when you don't care about your appearance." He said, tapping my nose and walking out of the kitchen.

I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. Pink lightly brushed my cheeks. He said I look cute...

Snap out of it Amaryllis! So what if he's your mate?! He's a werewolf and you're a Hunter! Kill him!

I sat back shocked at where that sudden thirst to kill him came from. I gulped. What's happening...?

'Amaryllis! I thought your Hunter part of you was no longer a problem! Turns out it's stronger than I thought! Your Vampire part also wants to kill Werewolves... so... you have to try and control it, or else... if it takes over... you might kill people you don't want to kill! Don't worry, I help as much as I can...'

'Wait... so I might kill Jared by accident?'

'Hopefully not... but it's a possibility...'

As much as I didn't want to like Jared, I couldn't bear it if he died... because... he is my mate, even if I didn't want him to be.

I ran upstairs into my room and bolted the door. I couldn't kill anyone, Jared would hate me.

Unless I kill him too...

I slammed my hands against the sides of my head, and dug my nails in.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled desperately.

But I can't... because I am you... we are one...

"No!" I screeched.

You're a Hunter, are you not? I am your Hunter. This is what you are. A killer... The voice hissed venomously.

The voice was sly, sneaky... poisonous. Like fangs trying to get a grip in my body and suck out my compassion, my hope... feelings.

This voice wasn't the voice of a Hunter, mysterious and strong, it did have a bit of those aspects but it was mostly like a snake, fanged and dangerous.

"You aren't a Hunter... you're a Vampire..." I whispered.

Oh no... I'm worse than that... I am Kali. I'm all your deepest fears, the essence of all things bad, a Vampire? Yes. A Hunter? Yes. I'm everything you've given up by accepting Jared. Your thirst for werewolf blood still burns deep, accept it, and redeem yourself.

A lump forms in my throat as I hear those words. I can't help but feel like they're true. I'm a disgrace to Hunters everywhere, a werewolf as my mate?! I have sworn to kill them... I wanted to kill them. Now, I'm not so sure.

Yesssss... kill them... for your parents, of course. Avenge their deathsss.

For my parents. Yes. I had to avenge them. I had to kill werewolves. I had to kill... KILL.

I curled up, my arms locked around my legs, which were tight against my chest. I bent my head down so all I could see was my stomach, and my head rested on my bent knees. What was I thinking? I couldn't kill Jared!

Yesss... you can. He's the son of the bastard that killed your parents. Take revenge!

A knock on the door resonated around the room. I looked up slowly, realizing I was losing my hold on my body and mind. It was being taken over. By who? I'm not sure. But I could only hope it was Jade.

'It isn't me, I'm afraid. I tried to beat it, but I couldn't, I'm sorry.' Jade replied, her voice was weak and defeated.

'It's okay,' I replied softly. We were now both prisoners to the Vampire/Hunter side that had taken over my body.

"Amaryllis?" Jared called from the other side of the door. "Are you okay?"

"Yes... come in!" A sickly sweet voice called, it wasn't my voice, yet it came out of my mouth. Me and Jade resisted, and tried taking control again.

"No! Wait! Don't come in! Please Jared! Don't listen to me! I mean, her! Just... don't come in!" I rasped, with my own desperate voice.

I felt like I was being pushed and squished, and my control had been taken away again. This... evil... side of me, was fumbling for words, trying to fix my interference.

"Uh, um, just... come in! Jared! I need you!" It said, in a perfect impression of my despair. Of course it'd be perfect, this thing... was me. Or a part of me at least.

"Amaryllis, I'm coming in. I'm not sure what's wrong, but... I'm going to help you!" Jared said, sounding slightly confused, but determined. The door burst open, and Jared came inside, looking around for danger.

When his eyes locked onto my body, he rushed over and bent down to look at me. I felt myself looking up and smiling slyly. Jared stared at me worriedly.

"Are you okay...?" He asked slowly.

"Oh I'm more than fine now that you're here." The other part of me forced my lips to smile widely. I felt my hand rise up and place it at the back of his neck, pulling him in.

I felt my lips crush onto Jared's so quickly, and he immediately responded. I couldn't feel anything from the kiss, as I wasn't in control of my body.

He's completely under my control now... what an idiot, letting his guard down so quickly.

I felt my nails slide out into sharp claws... and suddenly... I had fangs. They were long, sharp, and deadly. Jared pulled back as soon as he felt them. He stared in shock at my large fangs.

"What the-" I felt Kali knee him in the stomach, and he doubled over. Jared recovered quite quickly, and stepped back.

"Amaryllis... what happened..?"

"I'm right here! I just thought... I need to kill you. You're a werewolf. You. Need. To. Die!" Kali made me say, snarling the last bit.

With superhuman speed I didn't know I had, I was suddenly nose to nose with Jared, in a blink of a second.

I felt my hand shoot up and wrap around his neck, choking him. I dug my nails in, and I could hear thing in my body laugh happily when it or she saw the blood trickling down his neck.

I knew Jared didn't want to hurt me, and neither did his wolf. But I hoped he would do something to save himself... from me...

I watched, not being able to do anything killed me. I saw my hold relinquish from his neck, and he dropped to the ground.

Wasting no time he received a swift kick in the side. I felt myself straddle him and swipe my claws across his face, creating large cuts.

Jared groaned in pain and clutched his face. I plunged my claws into his shoulders and twisted. He yelled out profanities loudly, it had to have been noticed by someone.

Jade and I hoped and hoped someone had heard him. I felt my body being tackled and tossed across the room. There was large wolf that looked like Jared's but was more brown. It was a tad smaller too.

Jacob... nice of you to join ussss

Jacob snarled and leaped at me again, catching my arm with his claws and slicing it open as my body moved out of the way.

I could see Jared recovering, and I urged him to get up. To be okay. Kali kept on fighting Jacob, but we ended up right in front of the large window.

Jacob lunged and Kali made me move quickly to the side. He crashed through the window, but not before turning his head and latching his teeth onto my arm, pulling me with him.

I could barely feel anything, it was just a small throb of pain, so tiny I hardly noticed. But Kali could obviously feel it, as she let out a roar that seemed so raw and furious... so unlike me.

Time seemed to slow as we soared through the air, Jacob snapping his jaws at me and Kali retaliating with a swipe of my claws.

When we landed it was like the ground shook. It knocked all of the air out Jacob and I, but as a wolf he recovered quicker. He had a paw on my throat, claws out, before I could say 'Oh my Goddess'.

Jacob snarled into my face, and snapped his jaws an inch from my nose in warning. But I could see in his eyes that he was confused about what had happened to me. There was a gasp that came from behind me.

"Amaryllis?! Jacob what're you doing?! Jared will kill you!"

Jacob signals to two of the werewolves in the growing crowd around us with his ears. They walk over and shift taking his position. They each have a paw on my arms. One of them has a paw my left leg, and the other has his on my neck.

"Not if she kills him first." Jacob growls out as a reply to Arianne, after shifting back.

"What?" She breathes, and I can just tell by the tone of her voice that she's frowning and deep in thought.

"Yeah... she tried killing him." Jacob said, shaking his head like he didn't want to believe it.

"But... they're mates!" Arianne exclaims.

"I know..." He replies, shaking his head. Kali is still controlling my body and making me struggle against my guards.

You will regret this! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!! She hissed, in a harsh deadly voice.

Arianne visibly flinched, and stared at me in shocked confusion. Then one of the surrounding werewolves spoke up.

"What're we going to do with her? Are we going to kill her? She attacked our Alpha." He growls at the last sentence.

"I'm not sure Hank, I think the best thing to do right now is to jus-"

"I'll deal with her." A gruff voice says. Richard. Of course.

"No. To hell with that, I'm taking her with me." Kali twists my head around and I can see Jared limping over, with deep gashes in his legs, and face from my claws.

His neck wound must be still bleeding, as he has a hand cupped over it. Jade howls in anger at the sight of his wounds.

"Bring her with you and follow me." Jared snaps at the two wolves holding me down.

Kali glares at his back as we're dragged towards the prison cells.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BET NONE OF YOU SAW THAT COMING!!! DID YA? DID YA? YEAH THATS WHAT I THOUGHT LOL.

IM SO HAPPY I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER, I KEPT ON GOING BACK AND CHANGING IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY I WROTE IT! THAT'S WHY I didn't update for so long xD

Anyways, I love all the support and everything, and I love the votes. But what I love the most is the comments. That's what makes me excited! Please please please comment as well as vote! :D

Check out my other short story on my profile? Pwease? \(•~•)/

Fun Fact: I have a dog named Coco, she is soooo adorable! She's a German ShortHaired Pointer.

ASK ME ALL THE QUESTIONZ!

Instagram: thehuntress_wattpad

Vaarwel WattpadWolves!!

Until we meet again!

~WingsOfDarkness

Vote! Comment! Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 39 36
"My name is Kate Muir, and this is the story of how I die... " With these words, our hero begins the telling of her story. After her mother's death...
591K 20.3K 40
It has been years since the humans have been dethroned, it has been years since the werewolves have taken over. 100 years after the war, everything s...
25.1K 1.6K 32
"Hunters and Werewolves don't mate... do they?" Avery Williams lived in the lines of 'kill' or 'get killed'. Why would she get killed? Well, one, she...
625K 21.4K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...