The Huntress: Knock Him Out and Ship Him to Antarctica

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 13

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

I yawned, bright light streaming through the thin pieces of flesh that were my eyelids. I realized then that I had blacked out..... again, which was weird, because normally I wasn't that weak.

Images came flooding back into my brain, of the fight, my emotions.... Jade. And worst of all, Jared now knows my name.

You see, I had this sort of thing with my name, sort of like Rumplestiltskin, so that whoever knew my name, I would actually regard them as someone important.

Which Jared was not.

'WHAT!?I HE IS IMPORTANT!!!'

'Oh, hi Const- Jade. And no,not really.'

'Look here Amaryllis he's your mate! So get off whatever damn high horse you're riding on, and actually pay him attention! He obviously likes you! And you're just putting him through torture! Soon enough his wolf is going to take over, and trust me when I say you aren't going to like it. He's just fighting his wolf for your well-being, you know?'

I was speechless, my freaking wolf just have me a lecture. On my mate. Who I don't even want.

'GET OVER YOURSELF B*TCH! Sorry....'

'Go away.'

'What?'

'GO AWAY!! I sooooo sorry if I don't want a mate who's father killed my parents! I'm sorry! I've only ever loved one person, and they left me here on this god-forsaken earth! So just SHUT UP!!' I surprised myself with the amount of power in my voice, and it certainly shut Jade down.

'Good....'

'Huh?' I replied smartly.

'You're getting some assertiveness, and you actually have some power behind your words, you're progressing well.... but back to the matter at hand, you can't just push him away Amaryllis, you're going to need to let him in eventually. Plus, you'll never have full extent of your powers unless you accept one of your mates.'

'Wait.... one of them? You mean I have more??!!'

'Possibly'

'What do you mean?!'

But I got no reply, my head was silent. I sigh, getting off the bed, and looking around. I was in the same room as before. The Alpha's quarters.

I think about what Jade said about Jared and I decide that I'll make a bit of an effort not to chuck a sofa in his face when I see him. Or wring his neck. Or knock him out and ship him to Antarctica. Or all of the above.

I stretch and walk to the bathroom, because in all honestly I feel like I've just rolled in dirt and crap and then sat outside in sweltering heat. That's how grimy I'm feeling. Ew.

I let out a pleased sigh as the hot water hits my back. It releases all the tension and absolutely makes me feel wonderful. I look around for some good shampoo, but there's only Axe shampoo... which is for men. Oh well. I'll make do.

I lather the shampoo all through my scalp, massaging it along the way. It smells really good, like fresh forest and evergreen. Intoxicating.

Once I'm done I step out and dry my hair and body. I didn't bring my clothes into the bathroom with me, but this isn't the part where the girl walks out in nothing but a towel and the guy is there, oh no I'm not an idiotic bimbo.