The Huntress: Preparation

THE HUNTRESS

All rights reserved. © 2014

Chapter 32

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amaryllis's POV

I saw a grin stretch across Jared's face as we turned down the dirt road that lead to the packhouse. Seeing everyone get happier as we approached it affected me too and soon enough I couldn't wait to get back. The place had grown on me, and as I much as I didn't want to admit it, I called it home.

We screeched to a stop in front of the large house. It seemed they were anticipating our arrival and a lot of people rushed towards us when we stepped out. I heard an excited squeal and Arianne rushed towards us.

"RISHAAAA!!!" She grabbed Risha and hugged her tightly. Risha happily obliged and responded with a hug of her own.

"Oh look, the freak is back." Said a whiny voice. I turned and glared at Courtney.

"OMG, like, it's so good to see you too Court! You've, like, shaped up to be the wh*re I expected you to be! I'm, like, really proud!" Risha exclaimed in an extremely fake valley girl accent.

"Ugh, whatever." Courtney replied, rolling her eyes and walking away. Our little confrontation went unnoticed because everyone was busy asking Jared what had happened.

He was really brief in explaining and I could tell he wanted to go somewhere but not be rude. I walked up behind and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I realize you want to know what has come to pass, but you must understand we are very tired, and want to rest!!" I spoke loudly, everyone looked surprised and bowed their heads. When I turned to Jared he was smiling proudly.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"You used your Luna power to reinforce what you were saying so that they'd listen. I didn't think you would do that."

"I didn't notice I was, but I could tell I was speaking with a power in my voice." I replied, Jared put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, and I accepted it, partially because I didn't really notice.

"Thank you, I didn't want to be rude." He chuckled, and I could feel it reverberate throughout his chest. Jared kissed my head and I could feel warmth spread through my body.

"Alright lovebirds, let's break it up, there's so much awkward sexual tension here I don't want you guys to start having sex." Risha exclaimed, coming over to pull us apart. Jared started choking and sputtering so much it was funny. I patted his back and replied without skipping a beat.

"You wanna talk about awkward sexual tension? Here, one moment, JACOB!!" I yelled at him, gesturing for him to come over to us.

"Holy sh*t why would you- oh my goddess!!" Risha whispered frantically and punched my shoulder. I laughed and shrugged it off. Risha frowned and looked at her fist and my shoulder.

"That should've been pretty painful..." She muttered. My shoulder was a little sore but it didn't bother me at all.

"It's kinda sore?" I replied questioningly.

"WOAH YOU MUST BE RIPPED!!" Risha yelled out loud, forgetting that her mate was approaching us, until he put his arm around her shoulders. She froze for a moment while Jacob spoke.